Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Femi F.kayode Condemns Gov. Oshiomhole's Comment To Widow While APC ''backs'' It - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Femi F.kayode Condemns Gov. Oshiomhole's Comment To Widow While APC ''backs'' It (1004 Views)

Femi Kayode's Question To Lai Mohammed And Nigerians Reactions (pics) / This Widow Needs Your Help (Video and pictures available) / Agony Of A Widow : No Good Samaritan In The Southeast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Femi F.kayode Condemns Gov. Oshiomhole's Comment To Widow While APC ''backs'' It by GentleMimi: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2013
For telling a widow to ‘go and die’ in Benin City, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State is at the receiving end of criticism from former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, who claims to be a member of the opposition All Progressives Congress.
Fani-Kayode joined the ranks of Nigerians who rebuked the governor for speaking harshly to the widow.
Without mincing words, Fani-Kayode condemned Oshiomole’s comment.
“Such heartlessness. Oshiomhole tells this penniless widow that is begging him to go and die. What is it that makes some men behave in such a cruel way to others once they get power. I’m utterly speechless,” Fani-Kayode wrote on his Facebook page, as he shared the video on the social network.
Although Oshiomhole has since apologised for his behaviour and blamed his outburst on anger, Nigerians who watched the trending video say he needs to effectively work on his temper

.Also,despite the harsh criticisms that greeted recent comment credited to Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole when he told a widow to “go and die”, the All Progressives Congress, APC, has backed the ‘unguarded’ statement, saying that the governor was only being serious with his work.
The Interim National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Lai Mohammed, while reacting to the statement said Oshiomole was only doing his job as the governor of the state.
Speaking on Channels television last Saturday, the APC chieftain said:
“Running a state is not about popularity but about doing the right thing. In doing so, you are probably going to step on certain toes,” adding that those in government sometimes take harsh decisions and should not be prosecuted for such.
When asked if there was any justification for the governor’s comments, Mohammed said:
“No, I am just saying that in some circumstances, you take decisions which are very unpleasant.”
Source: Daily Post.
Re: Femi F.kayode Condemns Gov. Oshiomhole's Comment To Widow While APC ''backs'' It by GentleMimi: 10:36am On Dec 02, 2013
In my own opinion,i think we all have our ''unguarded'' moments.This man has apologised,so lets just let it go.
I can see that PDP and APC want turn this matter into a political issue...what a shame!
PDP members even went as far as visiting the widow,offering some amount of money to her.It is sooo glaring that the offer has a political undertone.

(1) (Reply)

Sexkillz??!! / Deactivate / Ghastly Accident Involving Nimc Hilux (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.