Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 AM

Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue (6552 Views)

Reg FJ Cruiser 08,reg Nissan Rogue,camry SE 2013,venza 2010 / 01-01-2013*** BRAND NEW 2012 NISSAN ROGUE SV Ordered by TOTAL from Inspired*** / Clean 2008 Nissan Rogue Sl Awd Tok. Asking Price: Best Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Pittbaby(f): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
I am stuck b/w purchasing a Honda CR-V or Nissan Rogue. Off course Honda is the top runner w/  a long history of rreliability. The Nissan rogue - small brother (or sister , i like to think of cars as female ) to the Murano , is cheaper and cuter ( in my opinion) . I love the murano , consumer ratings have shown the murano to be reliable and durable. So I am hoping this translates over to the relatively new Rogue. I would not purchase the Murano because it is beyond my budget and has a lower MPG and higher fueling cost than either the Rogue or CR_V( I have to do my small part for the environment) .

Car enthusiasts out there please weigh in

www.NissanUSA.com/Rogue
automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/

Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by tolu10: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pittbaby,

Both are very good vehicles that are pitted against each other as competing products.

For long term resale value I would stick with the Honda because it a well known name and should be easier to get parts for it.

The R
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by tolu10: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2008
Here is some technical info u may want to review for the Nissan Rogue

S Trims Trans. Engine Drive MPG

4-door Rogue S Sport Utility
Automatic 4 Cyl, 2.5 L
170 HP AWD City 21
Hwy 26

4-door Rogue S Sport Utility
Automatic 4 Cyl, 2.5 L
170 HP 2WD City 22
Hwy 27

SL Trims Trans. Engine Drive MPG

4-door Rogue SL Sport Utility
Automatic 4 Cyl, 2.5 L
170 HP AWD City 21
Hwy 26

4-door Rogue SL Sport Utility
Automatic 4 Cyl, 2.5 L
170 HP 2WD City 22
Hwy 27

Honda CRV is slightly more expensive but you are paying for the established name brand.

I am based in the US and operate a Automotive Dealership and I constantly ship to Nigeria.

If I can be of help my email is tolu10@hotmail.com
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Pittbaby(f): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
Thanks Tolu, I am also based in the US . you make a good point. With the CR_V i am paying for a brand name. Is it not possible that I get the same performance from the Rogue at a lower monthly payment. I insist on Japanese but I am not stuck on the make.

my considerations are good handling in bad weather ( i.e snow) so must be AWD or 4WD
Good engine performance for a V-4 , limited engine noise on steep hills and in hard acceleration
and off course cute inside and out

what is your take ? as a car dealer you must have driven several Rogues and CR-V's . I am yet to take the time out for a test drive
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by deji99(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pittbaby

If you're thinking of Nissan then go for the Murano if it's within your budget.
If not it just has to be a CR-V!!! grin
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Pittbaby(f): 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2008
Deji,

No I  refuse to afford the Murano. It is a higher monthly payment than is sensible if I want to make the right decison for my income and savings and investing habits . Besides Total  Cost of ownership is also important to me not just the monthly payment . The cost of fueling the Murano may be as much as an extra $1000 per annum . besides with gas at $4 a gallon and going higher . i prefer a higher MPG car. The CR-V is pulling more votes any advocates for the Rogue
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by deji99(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2008
Pittbaby

Here is a full road test review of the Nissan Rogue just click the link.

http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2008-nissan-rogue/4505-10868_7-32641836.html

Hope it helps.
If you need me to dig further information let me know.
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by promise72(m): 4:53am On Jul 25, 2008
@ Pittbaby,

Pls if you like your wallet go for the CRV. All the way. The Rogue is powered by the 2.5L engine also found in the Sentra and Altima(4 cyl). However, the 2.5L engine has gotten its share of problems since being introduced few years ago. Especially in the early batch.

I am hoping the problems is corrected now. However i dont wanna find out with my $$$$ on the line. Hope it helps.
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Pittbaby(f): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2008
@Promise

Thanks that seals it, CR_V it is then
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by PAPABOMBOY: 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2008
Fine girl, nahim be say nah good choice u make becos eventually u fit sell CRV for naija fast. I know some Hajia wey dey die for dis moto.

Which one be rogue again? Kai madam, u no be rogue so no let Amu robber claim sey u buy moto for them.
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Pittbaby(f): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2008
@PAPABOMBOY

LOL very funny. Trust me i will not buy this car if I lived in naija just two weeks i spent for xmas , they stole the new cars of 4 people that I know. nope I dont have money to throw away O . unless I can afford vehicle tracking off course. A clean Tokunbo is fine I will not carry wetin pass me

does that thing even work Vehicle Tracking that is?
Re: Honda Cr_v Or Nissan Rogue by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby:

@PAPABOMBOY

LOL very funny. Trust me i will not buy this car if I lived in naija just two weeks i spent for xmas , they stole the new cars of 4 people that I know. nope I don't have money to throw away O . unless I can afford vehicle tracking off course. A clean Tokunbo is fine I will not carry wetin pass me

does that thing even work Vehicle Tracking that is?

Yes, it does.

(1) (Reply)

BMW X5 with Navigation and 6Loader @ N1m / i / SUPER CLEAN TOKUNBO 2004 HONDA ACCORD. .PRICE: N1.5M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.