Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31178 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okay brethren. I will start another thread inviting Gombs to tithe discussion between him and me, referencing\quoting what's being said and we both can continue.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I respectfully ask that Goshen and Gombs open a new thread for the purpose of their debate.

Fine!

This thread was opened for a theological discussion between Candour and myself against two other oppontents.

Noted

Unlike other posters here on NL, I have to listen to posts, and to have others debating while I am planning my presentation is distracting.

Noted too

I hear some deception in posts that trouble me. Question from a tither asking for answers to questions, saying "no insults", then asking, "Can one be a Christian and not tithe." To me, that is calling into question one's Salvation.

You missed it... It's a yes or no question. Kinda rhetorical. Which the obvious answer to that question is a YES!

Now how was that an insult?

Salvation is not hinged upon whether one obeys his pastors [size=16pt] demands [/size] to tithe or not. It is hinged solely on faith in Christ and His finished work on the Cross at Calvary.

Typical of an anti tither. Hard for you guys to choose em words carefully.

The tither does not want insults from the non tither, yet has no problem hurling insults himself? What's wrong with that picture?

You are obviously worked up!... I fail to see where I insulted anyone in my post. This was y I actually avoided discussing tithe with you...you just have a way of being self confused and accusing the other.

Again, I ask respectfully that those who want to debate, please, please open a thread for that purpose so as not to distract me. I do not believe that is asking too much.

Okies

In Christ Jesus I beseech you.
Mark Miwerds

You cn keep the thread sire!

Cheers
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds:

Olaadegbu, please stop referring to me as a criminal and a serpent. I am neither a criminal, nor a serpent.

You do much harm to your position when you falsely accuse. It is not edifying at all.

If all you have to offer is insults and false accusations, I wish you would cease from posting in this thread. I am here to see what the Word of God says, not what Olaadegbu says.

Religious criminals and serpents are false prophets, teachers and apostles that the body of Christ will do well to be aware of.

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
No mind them. See soliciting oh.
Okay @drumb, no wahala. i'll take it up so far as my conditions still stands i.e the concessions Mark and candour are making/made not to talk about tithe in any other thread for the period of the discuss. That includes me and my "ally" BTW. And of .course, also good now is Rhymeyjohn's permission since he is interested. Dunno how this ally thing works and if my tithing ogas will have the time. Its obvious we are all tired of endless tithe talk, don't know how it is such an obsession for the average antitiher here to want to talk about tithe. So, my tithe friends, if you're interested in ally work, oya oh start jogging, lol. If not, i'll do just fine with these fellows, i truly understand your stance.
Let's hear from Rhymeyj, if he agrees, i'll bring in one or two things and then we start.

Thank you Image123.

Although I did not get it: will you want Rhymeyjohn as your ally or you want someone else?

The concept of an ally was not originally mine, it was suggested by Gombs and I latched on it because I felt it will give the discuss flesh. Two is better than one, remember?

I will request that your team look up the rules and regulations on page 4; I will adapt your request and add it the rules there now, say rule no. 12.

As for obsession with tithe talking, you will need to read the OP; I am tired of tithe debates too. And that is why I asked for this one to be a discuss not a debate. I really hope we would have an edifying time.

Thanks again Image123.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

@Miwerds. If you want to start with ten points. Fine. Let see if its ok with Rhymey. Maybe after exhausting the first 20 there maybe a need to raise more points or end the discuss. As for locking down the thread to only discussants, its beyond my power. I will only encourage you ignore them. When hey tire they will stop. That is why i encourage we focus on the job at hand, you cannot rule out Tobiah and Sanballat in life. The best we can get is to ask d moderators to blank out comments that come in btw comments. Pls bear with us. Are all the other points of rule ok?

Do not be pecksniffian. Were you not one of the anti tithers who contributed to the derailment of the other thread "Tithes and Offerings"? And now you want us to see you as an unbiased moderator who is calling others "Tobiah and Sanballat". Why didn't you report yourself to the moderators when you were having fun derailing a thread teaching about biblical tithes and Offerings?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Thank you Image123.

Although I did not get it: will you want Rhymeyjohn as your ally or you want someone else?

The concept of an ally was not originally mine, it was suggested by Gombs and I latched on it because I felt it will give the discuss flesh. Two is better than one, remember?

I will request that your team look up the rules and regulations on page 4; I will adapt your request and add it the rules there now, say rule no. 12.

As for obsession with tithe talking, you will need to read the OP; I am tired of tithe debates too. And that is why I asked for this one to be a discuss not a debate. I really hope we would have an edifying time.

Thanks again Image123.
i'm asking for Rhymejohn's permission. He showed interest. i do not get/understand the ally thing. Is it that Mark will say his own, then candour will say his own, then the tither will say his own. How does it work? If anyone is interested in being the ally, no qualms. i'm not using my preferences but theirs. i do await Rhymej's approval though.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
No mind them. See soliciting oh.
Okay @drumb, no wahala. i'll take it up so far as my conditions still stands i.e the concessions Mark and candour are making/made not to talk about tithe in any other thread for the period of the discuss. That includes me and my "ally" BTW. And of course, also good now is Rhymeyjohn's permission since he is interested. Dunno how this ally thing works and if my tithing ogas will have the time. Its obvious we are all tired of endless tithe talk, don't know how it is such an obsession for the average antitiher here to want to talk about tithe. So, my tithe friends, if you're interested in ally work, oya oh start jogging, lol. If not, i'll do just fine with these fellows, i truly understand your stance.
Let's hear from Rhymeyj, if he agrees, i'll bring in one or two things and then we start.
I never made such a concession, nor will I ever make such a concession.

I have already said, "If God lays it on my heart to post in a tithe thread, I will do so."
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Goshen360: Okay brethren. I will start another thread inviting Gombs to tithe discussion between him and me, referencing\quoting what's being said and we both can continue.
Thank you, Goshen. God bless!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

hahaha, I watched this debate 2-3 weeks ago and it was evident that Miike Ewuosho was trounced seriously , his position became more and more awkward as the debate went on and at the end , majority were in agreement with Russel including my humble self.

You have developed a knack for promoting a false gospel and we will not let you have a free ride on Nairaland, trust me.

smiley

That is what you get when you agree to a debate that has been organised by anti tithers, you get set up! cool
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That is what you get when you agree to a debate that has been organised by anti tithers, you get set up! cool
Still defending that Scripture that isn't there, I see.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Religious criminals and serpents are false prophets, teachers and apostles that the body of Christ will do well to be aware of.

You just described yourself here tongue

6 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

You seem to operate under reverse logic, who insulted Kumuiyi, lol. I said he is your 'christ' because your faith stands on what he says is truth and you will not change either to the left or to the right because he is almost a POPE within deeperlife circles. I was there for years so I know what I am talking about.

Do not be mendacious. It is on record on this forum that you have been scurrilous whenever his name or church is being mentioned. Even your sarcastic and deliberate misspelling of his name is an example. It clearly shows how you show your respect to your father at home.

frosbel:

Judas wanted the money from the poor for himself and Jesus knew this, the same way many of these Nigerian Judases in the churches of MEN pretend they care for the poor while leeching from them, robbing their money and using the proceeds to live like the world. This is why the world has no respect for these people. But you , you who preaches holiness will support this fraud.

It goes to say that talk is cheap and action speaks louder than words.

It takes grace to see that the woman reserved her best for the Lord and not the rest but thieves would pretend that the best should be kept for the poor and not the Lord. Read (John 12:1-8 ) for details.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Do not be mendacious. It is on record on this forum that you have been scurrilous whenever his name or church is being mentioned. Even your sarcastic and deliberate misspelling of his name is an example. It clearly shows how you show your respect to your father at home.

Hmm, now I get where bro. Mark Miwerds was coming from when he said you are apt to twist and manipulate people's statements to mean something else than the originally intended. You do know that is called fraud !

I am not a Yoruba chap , so how do you expect me to correctly spell your pastors name from the top of my head ? The times I got it correct was when I asked Google for assistance , lol.

But it appears you are so obsessed with your LEADER that you get all worked up even at a wrong spelling of his name - talk about idol worship.

It takes grace to see that the woman reserved her best for the Lord and not the rest but thieves would pretend that the best should be kept for the poor and not the Lord. Read (John 12:1-8 ) for details.

Indeed , her wealth went to the right place and not into the hands of thieves and robbers operating under the mythical Malachi curse.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gombs:

^^
The above looks like soliciting!

#Weird

More like patronising. grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Religious criminals are those who :

1. usurp the place of Christ in his church
2. Those who use manipulative stealth to take the money of those who actually need it and then use it to live like kings.
3. Those who create an aura of invincibility because of some supposed special anointing on their lives which we all know is nonsense and a SCAM.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

Luke 6:45
. . . an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Thanks for bringing this verse up. It shows another spiritual principle that they need to be aware of. God created everything after its kind. In each kind of plant and animal is a genetic system that assures "his own fruit", and nothing else. By their fruit you shall know them. An evil man can only speak evil, it is natural to them.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
I cannot think of a greater LIAR than the one who uses the BIBLE to ROB and STEAL.

The destruction is coming fast.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

frosb is lying BTW. i watched that debate and there was nothing trouncing or awkward about it. In fact, the majority of the audience was in support of the nigerian man that was for tithes, and they clapped for him till the end. Same can not be said for Russell. There however was one embittered man in the audience that almost burst into tears when he was talking the second time, he is an antitither. You could easily see that something was eating him up.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I never made such a concession, nor will I ever make such a concession.

I have already said, "If God lays it on my heart to post in a tithe thread, I will do so."

Candour said the below
OK DrummaBoy, I'll go a step further. I'll not participate on any tithe related thread for the entire duration of the discussion and until a week after. Though I still wonder why but no wahala sha.

See this as a concession so you don't accuse me of not cooperating.

Thanks

And drumboy said
Thank you Candour and Mark.

@Image, they have made the concessions; what do you say?

Sorry, i thought you were both agreed. My conditions stand, and i have also made my concession by agreeing to Candour's concession.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

frosb is lying BTW. i watched that debate and there was nothing trouncing or awkward about it. In fact, the majority of the audience was in support of the nigerian man that was for tithes, and they clapped for him till the end. Same can not be said for Russell. There however was one embittered man in the audience that almost burst into tears when he was talking the second time, he is an antitither. You could easily see that something was eating him up.

This is for those MOG who intentionally preach on the TITHE knowing it is a FRAUD :

Exodus 20:17 : Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Frosbel won't know that.. He can't
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

Hmm, now I get where bro. Mark Miwerds was coming from when he said you are apt to twist and manipulate people's statements to mean something else than the originally intended. You do know that is called fraud !

There is no need to be tendentious.

frosbel:

I am not a Yoruba chap , so how do you expect me to correctly spell your pastors name from the top of my head ? The times I got it correct was when I asked Google for assistance , lol.

Don't be a skellum. How many years did you say he was your pastor? Will you be pleased if I constantly misspell your father's name on a public forum?

frosbel:

But it appears you are so obsessed with your LEADER that you get all worked up even at a wrong spelling of his name - talk about idol worship.

It is only a bastard that constantly disrespects his parents among his peers.

frosbel:

Indeed , her wealth went to the right place and not into the hands of thieves and robbers operating under the mythical Malachi curse.

Tithes belong to God and those who give it do not qualify as thieves and robbers. Check Malachi 3 to see who the robbers really are.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

Thanks for bringing up the accurate report. Those depending on the reports of the 10 spies are doing so at their own peril. I will believe the report of the Lord.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

This is for those MOG who intentionally preach on the TITHE knowing it is a FRAUD :

Exodus 20:17 : Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

You're not even ashamed that you lied, giving a false report. because you know most folks would not watch the youtube video, you decided to come up with a lie about trouncing and awkwardness. is this the freedom you are calling folks into? The freedom to lie and not have a conscience, and freedom to do all sort of childish things like you can now drink anything or wear anything, freedom not to go to heaven. That is not the freedom Jesus shed His precious blood for.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

There is no need to be tendentious.

People who know how to speak English don't use big words carelessly, in fact using big words is not a sign of academic knowledge.

Don't be a skellum. How many years did you say he was your pastor? Will you be pleased if I constantly misspell your father's name on a public forum?

So Pastor is now = Father ,lol.

It is only a bastard that constantly disrespects his parents among his peers.

Your 'christ' is not my Parent even though I know I do not disrespect him.

Tithes belong to God

Tithes forcibly taken from the sheep when quoting Malachi 3:9 belongs to crooks and rogues in religious cloaks.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

You're not even ashamed that you lied, giving a false report. because you know most folks would not watch the youtube video, you decided to come up with a lie about trouncing and awkwardness. is this the freedom you are calling folks into? The freedom to lie and not have a conscience, and freedom to do all sort of childish things like you can now drink anything or wear anything, freedom not to go to heaven. That is not the freedom Jesus shed His precious blood for.

Lied ? lol,

I leave it up to my anti-fraud anti-tithe brethren to watch this video and come up with a different conclusion. In the next few minutes I will post some comments from the video itself.

You are terribly blinded by religion and it is sad that you cannot even see how deceived you are.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
The robbers are not those who refuse to pay the tithe, the robbers are those who collect the tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

Candour said the below

And drumboy said

Sorry, i thought you were both agreed. My conditions stand, and i have also made my concession by agreeing to Candour's concession.
If you don't post in a tithe thread, what concern is it to you that I do? How is it hurting you for me to post in another thread if I see error and God tells me to give Scriptural rebuke, correction and instruction?

Does your demanding that we not post in other threads really boil down to you not wanting others who are wrong corrected?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

Frsobel why are u a LIAR na rather than address what IMAGE brought to our notice, you are now quoting an OT scripture that has nothing to do with tithing.SMH!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for bringing up the accurate report. Those depending on the reports of the 10 spies are doing so at their own peril. I will believe the report of the Lord.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Lol @ report of 10spies

DrummaBoy...forget about this thread....it will go down as one of the usual tithe threads grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy,

Now you should see why I requested the thread be closed to those who are not part of the discussion.

I have to listen to all the barbs and false accusations. One shouldn't have to wade through a cesspool to swim in clean water. The Bible says "Neither give place to the devil."

Give him an inch, and he will do his best to destroy the saints.

Their agenda is not that truth be known. If it were, they would not come in falsely accusing as they do. Their agenda is to wear down the saints of God.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
I agreed to a no bashing discussion with Rhymejohn and the one person he chose as an ally.

It will be impossible to properly discuss the Biblical tithes with the constant accusations being hurled.

Note: I am not pointing fingers at Rhymejohn. He has been gracious in his posts thus far. I believe he and I can have a reasonable and rational discussion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.