Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31174 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bidam: Frsobel why are u a LIAR na rather than address what IMAGE brought to our notice, you are now quoting an OT scripture that has nothing to do with tithing.SMH!

Image123 knows my position, besides have you chaps even watched the video ? I doubt it.

Liar Wow !! smiley

My advice to you chaps is stop acting as the Holy Spirit in the lives of God's people, give Jesus a chance to lead his people.

Sin is not defined by you, it is defined by GOD.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: DrummaBoy,

Now you should see why I requested the thread be closed to those who are not part of the discussion.

I have to listen to all the barbs and false accusations. One shouldn't have to wade through a cesspool to swim in clean water. The Bible says "Neither give place to the devil."

Give him an inch, and he will do his best to destroy the saints.

Their agenda is not that truth be known. If it were, they would not come in falsely accusing as they do. Their agenda is to wear down the saints of God.

Sorry I am coming into this later than usual. I had internet connectivity challenge.

@Mark Miwerds,

I want to request that we concede to Image123's request. Let us see see it as the sacrifice that we must make to make the truth known. If it is ok with you as I have requested, I will include the following in the rules and regulations post in page 4:

Participants are requested not to post on any tithe thread that is currently running on the religion section of this forum in the duration that this discuss will hold.

I personally do not know the rational behind the rule but if this is what he wants let us give it to him; as we are all making sacrifices to make the truth known.

On the issue of too many posters and conflicting views on the thread, I am coming up with a plan (no need to let the cat out of the bag now) that will curtail that. This wisdom is from above; it doesn't matter what people choose to call it. Our God will make away to bring the truth out. The usual suspects may not be convinced but people will read this thread in future and find liberty.

This is my humble request to you sir and I ask that you accept it.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Themind: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I agreed to a no bashing discussion with Rhymejohn and the one person he chose as an ally.

It will be impossible to properly discuss the Biblical tithes with the constant accusations being hurled.

Note: I am not pointing fingers at Rhymejohn. He has been gracious in his posts thus far. I believe he and I can have a reasonable and rational discussion.

This is not the first time Tithe discussions had resulted into rains of insults, accusation and counters with anti-tithers getting more emotional than necessary without displaying mature facts and points. It will be difficult to have one free I bet you. I read, laugh, shake my head and move on.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:
i'm asking for Rhymejohn's permission. He showed interest. i do not get/understand the ally thing. Is it that Mark will say his own, then candour will say his own, then the tither will say his own. How does it work? If anyone is interested in being the ally, no qualms. i'm not using my preferences but theirs. i do await Rhymej's approval though.

@Image

I have presented your request to Mark and awaiting his response. If he agrees to it, I will add it to the rules on page 4.

The ally thing is just for you and someone else to deliberate in private on the points and texts that you wish to present here. I want you to know that this discussion is not going to be any light thing at all. Solid points and discusses shall be presented and it is expected that you are well prepared.

I will expect you to get in touch with Rhymeyjohn via PM. Both of you should get your points and text well documented. Check the mode of presentation I gave and see how you can make your presentations. So far we have agreed that each party will come up with ten points and their scipture verses. Each point, for you, will be named R1, R2,...., R10, all in one post. Mark and Candour will present theirs to be name M1, M2,..., M10. I am giving you guys the honor of presenting first. You will present; Mark and Candour will rebute; then you will respond to the rebutall; then they will respond to your reponse. And that will end R1 discourse. There will be no need to resort to that point again, except in passing. Then Mark/Candour will present M1, followed by the order above. Then you will present R2, etc. Any of you can do the presentation but it is expected that both of you will have seen what is to be presented before it is brought forth in the open.

So it is important that both of you get in touch.

So we await Rhymey's approval of you.

When that is done, I will encourage that you should reduce the banters on this page and concentrate on delivering your points.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

Image123 knows my position, besides have you chaps even watched the video ? I doubt it.

Liar Wow !! smiley

My advice to you chaps is stop acting as the Holy Spirit in the lives of God's people, give Jesus a chance to lead his people.

Sin is not defined by you, it is defined by GOD.

smiley
But you are very much comfortable calling people liars,cheats and fraud without supporting evidences.But when it is your turn to recieve the same treatment you mete to others you talk about the Holy Spirit.Do you know the HoLy Spirit? Do you know He is God and not a force?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bidam: But you are very much comfortable calling people liars,cheats and fraud without supporting evidences.But when it is your turn to recieve the same treatment you mete to others you talk about the Holy Spirit.Do you know the HoLy Spirit? Do you know He is God and not a force?

You cant call me a Liar, I am not the one using Gods name to cheat and con people out of their money.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy, I just sent you an email with my concerns.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

You cant call me a Liar, I am not the one using Gods name to cheat and con people out of their money.

No one is using God's name to do that on this forum.Stop being a false accuser of the brethren
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: DrummaBoy, I just sent you an email with my concerns.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Replied.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The rate at which you insult elders who are old enough to be your father shows how you really disrespect your parents.

It's sign....

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's sign....

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

I never spoke evil of anybody in an evil way, I simply called a spade a spade , that's honesty. Tell me , if someone stole your money from you , what will you call him ? Saint ? of course not , you will call him THIEF.

let me help you complete the scripture :

Jude 1:
11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bidam: No one is using God's name to do that on this forum.Stop being a false accuser of the brethren

Thats satans ministry...
grin

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ryhmeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds and Candour are hereby requested to look up the changes that has been made to the proposed rules, regulations and format of presentation as we have agreed so far. Please let us discuss any objection to them. Also you may ask any question on them. And they are still proposed in that they are subject to changes.

[size=16pt]Proposed Rules, Regulations and Format of Presentation for the Tithe Discuss:[/size]

1. During the discussion there shall be no insults, name calling, maligning, critic of churches or ministers, or any intentional bid to make an opponent look bad. The discuss shall be done with the utmost respect of each person involved - conveying the Christian spirit of love. If anyone feels insulted, he shall be reporting the matter to the moderator; who holds the right to call the other person to order. If this is repeated by the same individual who does not take to correction, the discuss shall be suspended to allow for a replacement of that person.

When someone has been proven to have insulted another, he will be required to make an unreserved apology to the other party. The term of replacing a participants will be when he refuses to make this apology.

2. So as to avoid time wastage, posters will be required to state when they will be making their presentations; and if there arise some unforseen circumstance, they should inform the house about it.

3. Let us keep the aim of the discuss at heart: it is not to win an argument but to present the facts that are behind our position on "tithing" or "not tithing".

4. Both sides in one post shall be presenting 10 points each on thier position on tithing. Each point shall be named after the lead discussants on each side. Thus for Rhymeyjohn, his points shall be listed: R1, R2, R3,...., R10. Miwerds, his points will be M1, M2, M3,...., M10. Here is an example for the post by Rhymey

Example:

R1: Tithe is an Eternal Principle (Heb 20:20; Mark 24:2; ....)

R2: Tithe is compulsory (John 25:1; Ezekiel 60:70;....)

Then Miwerds shall make his own presentation in one post M1,...; along with their scriptural positions.

This is neccesary so that we do not repeat points already discussed. Also, if in the procees of discussing point R2, point R7 had been trashed out, by the time you get to point R7, the two groups could agree to skip it.

When a group makes a presentation and the four steps of response is exhausted, the other group will make their own presentation. So for this discuss, I suggest that Ryhmejohn presents his R1 first; to be followed by Miwerds M1; and the discuss will continue in that manner.

5. Presentation will be in this format

a. Presenting a point, say R1 by Ryhmey, titled Presenting R1. When you are done with your presentation, you should state "end"

b. A rebuttal of R1 by Miwerd/Candour titled Rebutting R1.

c. Then a Response to Rebuttal by Rhymey, titled Response to Rebuttal R1.

d. Then a response to response by Miwerds/Candour titled Response to Response R1.

This way each post on the discuss has a name and can be refered to easily later if there is a need to do so. Also, after a point has been trashed out in this four steps outlined above, it should not be revisited again. Not that the point cannot be mentioned in a latter discuss, but that this particular discuss will be considered finished at this point and there will be no need to refer to it again. This is to discourage un-ending hammering of a point. Therefore participants are expected to do a thorough work in the two opportunities they have to present on a point.

6. Time must be permitted for each group to make their presentations. If anyone is handicapped and cannot make his/her presentation as quickly as possible, he/she may refer to the other to help him do it or tell the house when he intends to come and make the presentation.

7. Anybody among the two can make a presentation, however, he/she is expected to title his presentation properly.

8. This discuss is not intended to last a few days; it will probably take some months; so participants are expected to make the required sacrifice.

9. All points to be presented must be backed up by the Holy Bible, the one accepted by most non-Catholic churches.

10. The moderator shall be DrummaBoy. If any of the participants is uncomfortable with my manner of handling things, a change can be agreed upon. Please note that only participants can make suggestions for rules to be changed.

11. Participants hold the right to drop out of the discuss if they want to: due to fatigue or some or unforeseen circumstances. He/she is however advised to nominate a replacement of himself/herself.

12. While participants are not stopped from engaging the "audience", we would like to discourage this; so they can concentrate on the matters being discussed at hand. If such "engagement" does occur, we advice that it should not be to spite another participant or you will be penalized. Opportunity shall be given to the audience to ask questions but only after the discuss is concluded.

13. Participants are requested not to post on any tithe thread that is currently running on the religion section of this forum in the duration that this discuss will hold.

14. To curb excessive waste of time, we hereby request that when the discuss begin and participants are requested to make their presentations, the very first presentation should not take more than 24 hours to be done (with correction and editing). Subsequent responses to that presentation (that is the next three steps) should not take more than 12 hours to be done. If these rules are not adhered to the moderators will have to come up with a commensurate act of penalizing the participants.

Please visit this post over and over again, because in the course of the discussion, amendments will be made as we all agree to them, and we are expected to keep abreast of what the rules are.

So over to Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds and Candour. What do you guys make of the above?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bidam: No one is using God's name to do that on this forum.Stop being a false accuser of the brethren

I don't think calling a thief a thief is accusing the brethren , in fact I am on the side of the brethren who are struggling in their daily lives trying to make 2 ends meet, while so called MOG fleece their money to add more misery to their lives.

cool

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Replied.
Thanks, Brother! Just sent you a Reply to your Reply. grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
7 pages even before the DEBATE starts, lol. grin grin grin grin grin

I am outta here !
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:
Ryhmeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds and Candour are hereby requested to look up the changes that has been made to the proposed rules, regulations and format of presentation as we have agreed so far. Please let us discuss any objection to them. Also you may ask any question on them. And they are still proposed in that they are subject to changes.

For the duration of the Discussion, providing no underhanded manipulation by opponents, I will agree.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Thanks, Brother! Just sent you a Reply to your Reply. grin

Replied
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Fine. i don't like too many rules. Make i go prepare jare. i'm suggesting the discussion starts on a new thread and a working NL mod be available or at least agreeing to help with necessary clean ups.
What next?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Emmanuel950(m): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
I think that it is only the "wolves in sheep clothing" that fleece people of their money to live big. God uses our tithes to maintain his house through his servants.
frosbel:

I don't think calling a thief a thief is accusing the brethren , in fact I am on the side of the brethren who are struggling in their daily lives trying to make 2 ends meet, while so called MOG fleece their money to add more misery to their lives.

cool
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel: 7 pages even before the DEBATE starts, lol. grin grin grin grin grin

I am outta here !

Close the door firmly but gently. Did you read that it is a discussion and not a debate.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
emmanuel950 account activated. Not a very smart move.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
Image123:

Fine. i don't like too many rules. Make i go prepare jare. i'm suggesting the discussion starts on a new thread and a working NL mod be available or at least agreeing to help with necessary clean ups.
What next?

The next step really is you and Rhymeyjohn establishing a link for your presentations.

I am already in touch with HumbleByGrace to come and moderate the discuss with me. We can both be co-moderators, if he agrees.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mark Miwerds: For the duration of the Discussion, providing no underhanded manipulation by opponents, I will agree.
Image123:
What next?

Thank you guys.

Awaiting Candour and Rhymejohn though.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

Thats satans ministry...
grin
Can we also assume, it is your ministry. Most of your post and threads are mainly accusations.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Emmanuel950: I think that it is only the "wolves in sheep clothing" that fleece people of their money to live big. God uses our tithes to maintain his house through his servants.

1. Gods house is his People not your church.

"However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands; as the prophet says:" - Acts 7:48

2. God does not use money. He expects us to use our money , not to maintain buildings, because he does not dwell in buildings :

"For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need" - Acts 4:34-35

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
frosbel:

1. Gods house is his People not your church.

"However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands; as the prophet says:" - Acts 7:48

2. God does not use money. He expects us to use our money , not to maintain buildings, because he does not dwell in building but :

"For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need" - [b]Acts 4:34-3[/b]5

Both wonderful truths! The building is not the Church, the Body is. Should be building be crumbled, He is in His people and they in Him.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Thank you guys.

Awaiting Candour and Rhymejohn though.

OK by me.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Candour:

OK by me.

Thank you Candour
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by john107: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
When i went thru dis thread, i felt lyk weeping. Why are christians so divided? You call urself a Christian, yet u utter abominable words against ur fellow brethren. Can clean water and brackish come forth from d same source? The road to heaven is indeed narrow. By their fruits we shall know them. If only we could abide in love for love is indeed God is love.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
john107: When i went thru dis thread, i felt lyk weeping. Why are christians so divided? You call urself a Christian, yet u utter abominable words against ur fellow brethren. Can clean water and brackish come forth from d same source? The road to heaven is indeed narrow. By their fruits we shall know them. If only we could abide in love for love is indeed God is love.

Welcome to the world of tithe discuss. This is the reason for opening the thread, to be able to discuss tithing without reaching for each other jugular. That is why the rules are there.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
Bidam: Can we also assume, it is your ministry. Most of your post and threads are mainly accusations.

I want to assume you wanted to quote frosbel!
grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / ODO OWA: Birth Place of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder CAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.