Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation (6778 Views)

What Kind Of Car Would You Be Driving If Money Were No Object? / If You Had All The Money In The World, Which Car Would You Buy? / Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Olutola88(m): 4:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm in need of advice from experienced individuals concerning what model of car that will serve me best for intra city transportation( taxi). I have never done the business before, which means I know so little about it. Kindly give me reasons for suggesting any model of car and I'll really appreciate if I could get the cotonou prices of the cars you will be suggesting. I'm a youth corper and I want to use the taxi within Ibadan. My plan is that I'll get someone that will be driving it between 6am and 2pm. After which I'll take over till 8pm or 9pm. I'll be glad to welcome general advice about the taxi business( especially in the city of Ibadan). A big thank you to you all in advance.
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 03, 2013
Olutola88: Hello everyone, I'm in need of advice from experienced individuals concerning what model of car that will serve me best for intra city transportation( taxi). I have never done the business before, which means I know so little about it. Kindly give me reasons for suggesting any model of car and I'll really appreciate if I could get the cotonou prices of the cars you will be suggesting. I'm a youth corper and I want to use the taxi within Ibadan. My plan is that I'll get someone that will be driving it between 6am and 2pm. After which I'll take over till 8pm or 9pm. I'll be glad to welcome general advice about the taxi business( especially in the city of Ibadan). A big thank you to you all in advance.

Opel Vectra, Audi 80, volkswagen jetta, Nissan Sunny. They have good rear passenger space and boots plus they are 1.8L i4 engines, parts are available and relatively cheap.
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Olutola88(m): 5:52am On Dec 03, 2013
lomomike:

Opel Vectra, Audi 80, volkswagen jetta, Nissan Sunny. They have good rear passenger space and boots plus they are 1.8L i4 engines, parts are available and relatively cheap.
fantastic one from you bro, I really apprc8. God bless you 4 me
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by zeelo2014: 7:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Go for the Volkswagen or Nissan stay away from opel o.
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Homguy(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2013
Nissan micra
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2013
zeelo2014: Go for the Volkswagen or Nissan stay away from opel o.

And your reasons to stay away from the Opel is? I have been the Northern parts of Nigeria. 80 percent of the cars they use for commercial purpose (inter state taxis) are Opel vectra. That car is quite fast, the car is spacious both for the rear passengers and the boot, the engine is a 1.8 SOHC GM engine (most mechanics call it golf engine) parts are cheap and that car is reliable.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by sultaan(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have never heard anyone from naija recommend an American base car
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Olutola88(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
I really appreciate all comments so far. More info pls!
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by ukandi1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
i suggest that u listen and stay away from opel products. They maybe available in d north but certainly not the west. U have more of nissan micra and sunny in ibadan meaning that d spareparts are readily available but i wil suggest d volkwagen models cos of space, fuel efficiency and maintenance. Stay away from toyota and mazda as well. I speak from ibadan experience. Gudluck
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by dgitrader(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2013

Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by dgitrader(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
^^^ Golf 2 , golf 3, or Nissan sunny atleast
Whichever your choice, make sure its 1.6 ltr engine or at most 1.8 ltr. All manual. They have Cheap parts, simple mentainance and easy repairs, plus fuel economy and ruggedity. North or south, anywhere
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Oluabayomi1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
lomomike:

And your reasons to stay away from the Opel is? I have been the Northern parts of Nigeria. 80 percent of the cars they use for commercial purpose (inter state taxis) are Opel vectra. That car is quite fast, the car is spacious both for the rear passengers and the boot, the engine is a 1.8 SOHC GM engine (most mechanics call it golf engine) parts are cheap and that car is reliable.
i think they use mostly in Niger but not sure of any other places in North central n NW
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Olu abayomi :

i think they use mostly in Niger but not sure of any other places in North central n NW

You mean Niger Republic or Niger State? I know this fact. Opel Vectra is used in Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba, Bauchi, Kano, Plateau, Niger states etc ( commercial Opel useage is highest is in Plateau n Bauchi)

The OP can try toyota corolla 1.6xli liftback (cricket), toyota carina II 1.8xli liftback
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by ukandi1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
lomomike:

You mean Niger Republic or Niger State? I know this fact. Opel Vectra is used in Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba, Bauchi, Kano, Plateau, Niger states etc ( commercial Opel useage is highest is in Plateau n Bauchi)

The OP can try toyota corolla 1.6xli liftback (cricket), toyota carina II 1.8xli liftback
why toyota? and these versions of toyota are facing out. spareparts are not common anymore. dont u think d volks or nissan variations are better option in a place like ibadan dominated by these cars?
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by treatise: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
lomomike:

Opel brand is dominant in the North, they attribute their preference to fuel eeconomy, easy maintenance, speed and stability
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Oluabayomi1(m): 1:58am On Dec 08, 2013
lomomike:

well understood
Re: Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2013
ukandi1: why toyota? and these versions of toyota are facing out. spareparts are not common anymore. dont u think d volks or nissan variations are better option in a place like ibadan dominated by these cars?

Noooo dear, they aren't yet phased out infact I included them here because they fall in the same rank as the Opel Vectra, Volkswagen Golf MK1, 2 and 3, Passat, Jetta, Audi 80, Nissan Sunny, Mazda 626 because they have 1.6-2.2L Inline 4 engines, 4 or 5 doors, good rear passengers and cargo compartments, fewer electrical components than recent cars, spare parts availability and mechanic availability, durability, and also year of manufacture 1986-1996. Toyota cricket or firstlady as its known is circa 1986-1992, toyota carina II is 1988-1992 but carina E is 1993-1997. This is the same age range of other cars I also mentioned, Opel Vectra is circa 1988 also. Besides, those toyotas doesn't get much mechanical/electrical palava as others. Their parts are aboundant and cheap and so is their resale value (if well maintained).

(1) (Reply)

Custom Duty For Lexus RX 350 / Is This The Ugliest G-wagon G550 / What Exactly Is Wrong With Mitsubishi Engines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.