Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (40403 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff For Failing To Return To Classroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by LMAyedun(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Following the orders by the Federal Government, urging all universities to re-open, the Senate of the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Tuesday sacked all academic staff with immediate effect.

The Federal Government had through the Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike had vow to sack any lecturer who fails to return to class within seven days, and had directed vice-chancellors of federal universities that are currently on strike to immediately re-open for academic and allied activities.

The Public Relations Officers (PRO) of the institution, Mr Chike Ezenwa, speaking with the Nigerian Tribune in Owerri, said the senate of the university had declared all the positions of academic staff in the institution, adding that they would be advertised starting from Monday, December 2.

The senate said it had already compiled the list of vacant positions in the school. The school authority have urged those willing to resume would be adequately protected.

Education Minister, Wike had said,“All Vice-chancellors of Federal Universities that are on strike should immediately reopen for academic and allied activities as directed by their Pro-Chancellors. Vice-Chancellors should ensure that staff who resume for work are provided with the enabling environment for academic and allied activities.

Though the order said any academic staff who fails to resume on or before December 4, 2013, automatically ceases to be staff of the institution and vice-chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies (internal and external) in their institutions. One wonders why the FUTO order comes a day to government’s deadline..

Meanwhile the Vice Chancellor of the University of Jos has also said the institution resumes Wednesday in-line with government’s directives but the ASUU leadership is not backing down, vows to continue strike.

http://newswirengr.com/2013/12/03/ASUU-strike-federal-university-of-technology-sacks-academic-staff/?

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/11444-ASUU-strike-futo-sacks-lecturers

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Chazzyboy: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2013
They are making a big mistake

7 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Talk is cheap! Na today?

11 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by mumumugu(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2013
I love this game

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nuzo1(m): 10:12am On Dec 03, 2013
Nigeria would've been far better if Jona had been this assertive from day one.

But i guess dude is trying as much as he can to make a difference in the areas of civility and due process.

I can assure you that all lecturers will be present in all schools morrow.

20 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by KillMoves: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by DonColz1(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Like this post if you think that Jonathan is rushing things and this sacking of lecturers won't work

88 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by ebucha: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2013
Why this rush? Abi the school authority don d plan for lacturers tey-tey?

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Kx: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2013
UNIILORIN Season 2.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by mascot87(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2013
This is the beginning of the end of education in Nigeria under GEJ.This would for ever be in record

14 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by shidof(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2013
As from now on, here are the NEW
UNIVERSITIES
LECTURES
* Nysom Wike to teach (Political Science)
* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)
* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)
* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)
* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)
* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)
* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)
* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)
* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical
Engineering/
Petroleum Studies)
* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)
* David Mark, (Military Studies)
* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)
All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUARE
ABUJA
before 4th Dec. 2013. Signed:
Fresh Air and Transformation Team.......lwfm

135 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by afribookorg(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2013
MORNING NEWS: FG to sack all non working lecturers.
AFTERNOON NEWS: Futo VC - All non working lecturers have been sacked
EVENING NEWS: FG - We didn't tell anyone to sack anyone. We only said 'no work no pay'

60 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by yunglykmine(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2013
Kx: UNIILORIN Season 2.
That reminds me of the Unilorin Saga as well...

This is not a good omen for Nigeria students.

FG vs ASUU crisis is getting really messy.
FG should be democratic and settle amicably with ASUU.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Yimu undecided
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by 1025: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2013
Nuzo':

But i guess dude is trying as much as he can to make a difference in the areas of civility and due process.

are u a comedian? even under the military, this can't work.
our first lady is also a perm sec in bayelsa so is she planing to be a lecturer in any of the universities? maybe, english lecturer.
if there is anybody jonathan can sack, it will be the minister(s) he appoint and not lecturers.
these lecturers can fight him to standstill. very soon, labour will join the game and u will understand.
do not forget, u are increasing the prices of fuel, foods, import duties and the salaries are still the same.
this govt is fighting with almost everyone(especially the wrong ppl for the wrong reasons) and how do u think the govt will stand?
it is shame that u signed agreement with ASUU in 2009 and 4 years later, u have done nothing about it.
why will the govt sign agreement and refuse to honour it?

19 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by ogb5(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2013
If I abscond from work for only one hour, my phone will ring non stop, if I abscond for one week, that means i have sacked myself.

These lecturers have absconded from duty for half a year, we are still discussing if they should be sacked.

Only in Nigeria

68 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by omenka(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2013
Another excercise that would end up in futility.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2013
This is the joke of d year and laughable. grin

5 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by LMAyedun(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2013
yunglykmine: That reminds me of the Unilorin Saga as well...

This is not a good omen for Nigeria students.

FG vs ASUU crisis is getting really messy.
FG should be democratic and settle amicably with ASUU.
So undemocratic move by the FG. SMH!!!!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Dhortunn(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by victormeg(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2013
Daydreams.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Kponkwem(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2013
This is now pure politics that will prelude the crisis of 2015. Schools in GEJ's stronghold complying with FG's directive while the other opposition ASUU members will be isolated and treated as subversive elements with full Federal intelligence and security apparati.

Game on...

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by dridowu: 11:34am On Dec 03, 2013
If true, then FG are just building caste in the air , ds is a similar case Unilorin Lecturers and Unilorin Mgt , and Lagos Docs and Lagos Govt, at the end of the day who loss, Unilorin Mgt and Lagos Govt cos i blve d court ruling will be that those lectures shd be recalled and they shd be payed their entitlement in full and in arrears, without doing noting. Anyway sha am yet to blve ds story of FUTO

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Olaolufred(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS TO FUTO.

A BIG LOSS TO NIGERIANS YOUTH.

ALL THE YOUTHS MUST GO AND WORK (CARRY BRICKS AND ALL SORTS).
GOVT. WANTS ALL OF YOU TO GO TO BABCOCK,COVENANT,AMERICAN UNI, ETC.

YOUR PARENTS SALARY CAN'T AFFORD THIS. HENCE YOU ALL MUST WORK.

HOWEVER, IF YOU STILL WANTS TO GO TO PUBLIC UNI, YOU SHOULD ACCEPT EVERY DISCRIMINATIONS YOU MEET IN LABOUR MARKET.

REMEMBER, THE CHILDREN OF YOUR LEADERS HAVE SOUGHT-AFTER CERTIFICATES- HAVARD, OXFORD AND MANY OTHERS FROM EUROPE AND CANADA.

POLITICIANS CALL YOU ALL FOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. YOUR ACTIONS SHOW THAT YOU ALL ARE MORE THAN THAT.

5 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2013
I guess they will recruit professors too. Shm.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by donphilopus: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2013
If you are bringing this kind of info, take it to Education, not politics! A similar thread is already trending in education..

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by ojofu(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2013
why does this wike guy likes creating problems for jonathan?

4 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Nuzo':
I hear you Nuzo. However the FUTO VC really needs to be resolute and determined on this matter. This is time for the VCs to take firm action. There has been too much pointless talks up to now.
The fact that lectures have already started in some other federal universities would have sown some seeds of doubt in the minds of the renegade striking lecturers.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2013
ojofu: why does this wike guy likes creating problems for jonathan?
And this same nyesom wike the acting minister of education has his own children at universities in ghana.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
dridowu: If true, then FG are just building caste in the air , ds is a similar case Unilorin Lecturers and Unilorin Mgt , and Lagos Docs and Lagos Govt, at the end of the day who loss, Unilorin Mgt and Lagos Govt cos i blve d court ruling will be that those lectures shd be recalled and they shd be payed their entitlement in full and in arrears, without doing noting. Anyway sha am yet to blve ds story of FUTO
Truth is that they are still being owed money. Is someone telling me that Federal Employers don't have the right to hire and fire insofar as due process is followed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.