Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (26381 Views)

ASUU Ready to Call-Off Strike Next Week - Fagge / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU asking that the MoU with FG should be
signed by Attorney General does not make sense.
Anyone of high standing in Govt can sign it. -
Okupe

ASSU Strike: There's been no formal
communication that the N200b fund required has
been deposited in an account in the Central Bank
- Fagge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGvmg699KNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVS2HTZJfqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZOKoP1ws_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfu0kYLLzW4

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: If Govt has truly addressed all our
issues, let them invite us to look at it all together.
- Fagge

ASUU Strike: If we dont have faith in the Govt,
why would we attend a meeting with him? We
respect him and his position - Fagge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGvmg699KNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVS2HTZJfqs

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: Immediately after our meeting with
the Govt, we started seeing signs of bad faith
from the Govt. - Fagge

ASUU Strike: The representative of Govt. saying
ASUU demands are outrageous is unfortunate. -
Fagge

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU President says there have been no new
demands from ASUU

ASUU Strike: Let Govt. do what is right and see if
we won't call off the strike. - Fagge (ASUU
President)

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:01am On Dec 03, 2013
The Minister of Education did not seat through
our meeting with Mr. President. He should have
as key stakeholder - # DrIssaFagge

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: ASUU is showing strength and flexing
muscle with the authority of this country and it
doesnt make sense at all. - Okupe

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: Okupe says this governement has
shown committment. Have they had the chance to
meet any previous President before?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: Non-victimization clause is pointless
demand. Already by International Labour Laws,
nobody should be victimized for going on strike -
Okupe

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:06am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Strike: There is no longer a legitimate
reason for this strike to continue. - Okupe

7 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by zopaks: 11:07am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU asking that the MoU with FG should be
Okupe

6 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Kx: 11:07am On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU Strike: Okupe says this governement has

Hmm, is this not where the problem lies? Ego
It was normal and very very simple to see Jesus.
But this advisers make seeing presido to discuss solutions to ASUU problem seem out of this world.

8 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:14am On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU Strike: Okupe says this governement has

Is Jonathan now God??
Why are these advisers making it look as if Jonathan was not voted to look after the electorates and help to solve problems like this one? Did we vote (selected) him to junket around the globe with the taxpayers money?
So what is the big deal if he stacked his dumb ass on a chair for 13 hours to discuss with ASUU on the welfare of the students after foot dragging for 6 months?
After all how many minutes did he take Mr. President to intervene on the release of Asari Dokubo- a confessed criminal??

This is what we get when we "elect" a drunkard and clueless nonentity as a Leader

77 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by slimghost(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2013
Kx:

But this advisers make seeing presido to discuss solutions to ASUU problem seem out of this world.
Maybe ASUU is taking the presidents humility and meekness for stupidity and weakness. It is getting obvious that they have lost public sympathy! Our children have been at home for 6 months now for christ's sake! To hell with ASUU and the FG!

28 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by wirinet(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2013
Kx:

i tire o! They make it seem as if Jonathan is Zeus sitting on mount olympus and ASUU are mere mortals who does not deserve to sit on the same table. They keep forgetting that all executive powers lies with the president and he only delegates the ministers to act on his behalf. He can take over the functions of the education, defense or any ministery as he deem fit. So it is not out of the ordinary for jonatham to sit down and sit with ASUU on behalf of the education ministry.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by citizenY(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2013
My impression, after listening to both parties, is that the government has lost credibility for not honouring past agreements. ASUU is not willing to have another failed promise.

Its a shame.. Fagge stated clearly that Anyim shifted the goal post by disowning previous agreements.
The government is not trustworthy , ditto the officials and by extension , the president.

13 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Dereformer(m): 11:27am On Dec 03, 2013
My advice for ASUU is to call off this strike as fast as possible, otherwise, the association is as good as dead.

Many universities, both state and federal, have long started lectures.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Saopedro(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2013
Dereformer: My advice for ASUU is to call off this strike as fast as possible, otherwise, the association is as good as dead.

Many universities, both state and federal, have long started lectures.
many universities like

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.

14 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2013
Jenams: ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.

Channel it to Fed Govt not ASUU!

31 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by wirinet(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
I honestly do not see the problem beyond ego centric problem especially by government and its officials. If as okupe said, there is nothing extraordinary about the 4 new demands by ASUU, then why is the government so annoyed? If it is just to sign what had already been agreed it by the attorney general and the inclusion of a universally accepted non victimization clause, then wherein lies the problem?
Govenment should have known that most lectures still have their old aluta student mentality and would not do anythink until their former president is buried.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Olaolufred(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jenams: ASUU it will neva be well wit u people! I'm a young guy of 26, sponsorin myself for Msc in uniben, I used my hard earned money to rent a self contain in benin, around january dis year, wit d hope to round up my course work by october and leave d apartment, cos I can start doin project frm delta where I reside. But now una don waste my rent, my landlord is waitin for anoda 1year rentage frm me. So annoyin.

FEDERAL GOVT HAS DIRECTED THAT ALL NIGERIAN YOUTHS MUST GO AND WORK (CARRY BRICKS AND ALL SORTS) TO PAY THEIR SCHOOL BILLS.

GOVT SAID HE CAN NOT MAKE YOUR SCHOOLS HABITABLE, SO THEY WANTS ALL OF YOU TO GO TO BABCOCK,COVENANT,AMERICAN UNI, LANDMARK, ETC.

YOUR PARENTS SALARY CAN'T AFFORD THIS(HOW MUCH IS 18,000 TO 150,000 NAIRA COMPARED TO 500,000 NAIRA SCHOOL FEES?).

HENCE YOU ALL MUST WORK AS IMPLIED BY FG.

HOWEVER, IF YOU STILL WANTS TO GO TO PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES, YOU SHOULD ACCEPT EVERY DISCRIMINATIONS YOU MEET IN LABOUR MARKET.

REMEMBER, THE CHILDREN OF YOUR SO-CALLED LEADERS HAVE SOUGHT-AFTER(HOT-CAKE) CERTIFICATES FROM - HAVARD, OXFORD AND MANY OTHERS UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE AND CANADA.

[size=18pt]POLITICIANS CALL YOU ALL FOOOOOOOOOOOOLS. YOUR ACTIONS SHOW THAT YOU ALL ARE MORE THAN THAT.[/size]

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks:
The Minister of Education did not seat through
our meeting with Mr. President. He should have
as key stakeholder - # DrIssaFagge

But the fool sits through all GDI meetings.

12 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU Strike: ASUU is showing strength and flexing
muscle with the authority of this country and it
doesnt make sense at all. - Okupe

ASUU is just being consistent while govt is being insincere. Sane minds knows this.

9 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

The fool i:e nyesom wike who is the acting minister of education also has his children at universities in ghana

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU asking that the MoU with FG should be
Okupe

Okupe the dog should shut up.
A high standing govt official signed the earlier agreement and yet ur govt/ Mark claimed those that signed it never knew what they are doing.
This is the time for the retardeen to sign what he agreed himself cheesy

12 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
KIRIJI: The fool i:e nyesom wike who is the acting minister of education also has his children at universities in ghana

No wonder he feels sacking all Nigerian lecturers is the right step.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
citizenY: My impression, after listening to both parties, is that the government has lost credibility for not honouring past agreements. ASUU is not willing to have another failed promise.

Its a shame.. Fagge stated clearly that Anyim shifted the goal post by disowning previous agreements.
The government is not trustworthy , ditto the officials and by extension , the president.

Wellsaid. The more reason why it will be extremely foolish for ASUU to go back to classes now. Jonathan isn't sincere.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by Demdem(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2013

Did u consult ASUU before picking up ur apartment? Why blame them for what they aren't party to? Besides, ASUU didn't shut down ur school, FG did.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by kel4soft: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

Apparently more interested in this:

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by agabaI23(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
Demdem:

Wellsaid. The more reason why it will be extremely foolish for ASUU to go back to classes now. Jonathan isn't sincere.
Unfortunately, they have! See below
Yesterday
Oga How far?
Lecturer: I dey
I hear say dem dey sign If u wan resume lectures. You be Prof ASUU now so u no sign.

Lecturer: How can I?
Lecturer: moves away from crowd, drags me along.

So u no go sign?

Lecturer: in a low voice, I don sign abeg. I no wan make those people know. this job is important to me. Abeg I no wan lose am. In fact make I tell u, this strike don pass me. I surrender. Make the profs dey do am. I go be collateral damage. I no want that.

I don laugh taya ooo

Another high ranking official (an associate prof) who stayed away from exams, in fact a faculty ASUU rep I heard has signed to resume work while some his co-travellers were still thinking they are together.

I can tell you authoritatively that most ASUU members are tired of this treadmill!

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV by fkaz(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
zopaks: ASUU asking that the MoU with FG should be
Okupe

Ejoit he should go ahead and sign it on behalf of FG thief, this show how insincere FG is on this ASUU issue. Only a fool will not know the important of attorney general of the federation when it comes to agreement or awarding of contract. If FG is sincere they should ask the Attorney general of federation to sign the MOU with ASUU, what is the big deal about the signing if they are sincere
Okupe is a fooool

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNILAG Hostel Balloting Begins Tommorrow / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? / 17 Things People Who Attended UNILAG Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.