Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) (728 Views)

Currently Raining In Lagos. Might Tomorrow; Come Out With Your Umbrellas. Vote W / When Will Tomorrow Come? / When Will Our Tomorrow Come? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
i saw this on facebook and i feel like shearing it.

1985 IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former head of state.
Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow"
27years later IBB and Buhari are contensting for presidency
it's either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow or tomorrow is yet to come,

who is fooling who?
in 1983 Bamanga Tukur was the governor of the defunct Gongola state (now Adamawa and Taraba)
and 30years later he became the chairman of the ruling party(PDP)

Dr Bello Halliru was commisioner in the old sokoto state (now sokoto, kebbi and zamfara) and 33years after he became the minister of defence

Major General David Mark (rtd) was the military governor of niger state in 1984 and 30years later he is today the senate president

Governor Murtala Nyako was the governor of niger state in 1976 and 36years later he became the governor of Adamawa state

Ogbonnaya Onu was the governor of Abia state in 1992 and 21years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP

Governor David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue state in 1985 and 27years after he became the governor of plateau state

And Ebonyi state governor Martins Elechi is over 80 years old
only in Nigeria is this possioble.

So the question now is
if the student of over 38 years ago can not be recognise as a leader in our government, then when will the student of today be consider in the goverment?
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Chazzyboy: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
Soon very soon nothing last 4ever maybe ur children will take over.
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
Chazzyboy: Soon very soon nothing last 4ever maybe ur children will take over.
children can only take over if only their fathers(leaders) will allow them to do that
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
@OP:
If yo idea of success is waiting for somebody to hand you "good morrow" on a platter of gold; then tomorrow never comes buddy!
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: @OP:
If yo idea of success is waiting for somebody to hand you "good morrow" on a platter of gold; then tomorrow never comes buddy!
you are getting it wrong,
all i'm saying is that the youth need to be giving an elbow room in government.
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Firefire(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
Nigeria is permanently on reprocessing, recycling and rotating mode:
Same elements since 1960 independence
Same Military men changing clothes
Same old politicians been recycled
If what IBB said could be proved wrong: “IBB: Younger Generation Can’t Rule Nigeria” (https://www.nairaland.com/432528/ibb-younger-generation-t-rule)
So I am still wondering what Grand Pa Buhari still looking for? (http://www.punchng.com/columnists/punchwise/if-buhari-becomes-president/ )

May be we need to consult these people to stop them if youth are over bought with money to mortgage their futures. (http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/04/18/if-buhari-contests-100-times-he-cannot-rule-this-country-again-association-of-witches-and-wizards-in-nigeria/ )
I know the youth can change the world and soon one day.
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
f rain c: you are getting it wrong,
all i'm saying is that the youth need to be giving an elbow room in government.
Don't understand what you mean by "elbow room in government".
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: Don't understand what you mean by "elbow room in government".
small space
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
f rain c: small space
Let's be honest man; I can assume you're comfortable!
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: Let's be honest man; I can assume you're comfortable!
Comfortable in what way?
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
f rain c: Comfortable in what way?
Let's also assume they ain't gonna dash you 'this morrow'. What's your plan for bringing it on? Even the "Go and Die" woman wasn't just sitting at home. She met "her tomorrow" by being abused, at a point she felt death was really staring her in the face.
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Olugbenger(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
Leaders of tomorrow.

cheesy
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
ScipioAfricanus: Let's also assume they ain't gonna dash you 'this morrow'. What's your plan for bringing it on? Even the "Go and Die" woman wasn't just sitting at home. She met "her tomorrow" by being abused, at a point she felt death was really staring her in the face.
what are you driving at?
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by frainc(m): 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
@FIRE FIRE, i think the best way for youth to have their way in government is by praying for leaders (thiefers) to start be involving in plane crash
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
f rain c: what are you driving at?
You can take any ot these:
1) The most dangerous is to stay at home & keep nagging, "When will tomorrow come". This is resignation, & suicide at worst - since an Oshiomole hardly crosses your path. Jim Rohn says, "The world will willingly standby & let you feel sorry for yourself - until you finally die broke & alone - if that's what you want". You'll be 1/2 alive if they're merciful, or dead-alive if they're merciless. Thank God - you ain't dead yet.
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
This is called the "ENTITLEMENT CONUNDRUM". As observed, thank God even when you're in the mouth of a hyena, cos you ain't dead yet. Are you okay, or you want some more - though harder than the first one?
Re: WHEN WILL TOMORROW Come? (who Is Fooling Who?) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
but I didn't know who GEJ was 10 years ago na? He was probably still in the kindergarten when Nigeria gained independence. So what are you saying?

Are Tafawa Balewa, Nnamdi Azikwe, Gowon and the rest still in power?

You should know today was once yesterday's tomorrow. it's a fallacy that the same set of people have been been ruling in Nigeria! And until we realize that's a big fat lie, we will never prepare ourselves for our time that is already knocking. And judging by the senseless youths that have filled Nigerian streets, I can only be sober for the future of my country.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crises;jonathan Vows To Pressure,to Sacrifice Tukur. / Senate Approves $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos Water, Rail Projects / A Chronicle Of Obasanjo's 'dealings' With Mr Kashamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.