Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? (4130 Views)

Ladies, Why Do Y'all Have Stretch Mark On Your Buttocks? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Where Is Yuzedo Please Bring Him Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by fionaa(f): 12:31am On Jul 25, 2008
I'm trying to find a potential husband. I have a couple in mind. The thing is, i've lived in da U.S 4 a while now, and i really am not digging da guys here. All da Nigerian guys i'v met r sooo trying 2 be American & i'm not feeling dat. Da 1 Nigerian guy i dated 4 a year was amazing. I loved him and everything was good btw us, but da bottom line was that i am almost 2yrs older than him (age is nothing but a #. i know) and his Nigerian family wasn't kool with it. I wanna date someone new, est a long term relationship b4 we get married. i'm only 23yrs old.

Now i'm thinking about looking up one of my ex's in Nig and see if we still have any chemistry left. The relation was good 4 da 3yrs we dated. We broke up only because my mum moved to U.S and i moved with her.

Do u think this might work?
Do u think he'll turn into those Oyinbo wanna_be?
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Ezinwannem: 12:35am On Jul 25, 2008
give it a tryout and see. Just be praying dat not only will he be an American wannabe but wouldnt leave you for sum1 else, and keep trying in da US 2, try diferent cities/states, gd luck
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 25, 2008
@ topic

No! Look for someone new!
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Studentet: 12:37am On Jul 25, 2008
Fiona,

There is no guarantee that your imported lover will not change to what you mentioned you despise.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Studentet: 12:39am On Jul 25, 2008
And there's is no guarantee that you wont get dumped by the imported lover, so that he too can bring his own imported girlfriend he was dating before he met you.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 25, 2008
I still haven't understood the trend of going all the way to Nigeria to get married and later start moving from one embassy to the other for documents. When will you possibly enjoy your union?
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Pittbaby(f): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2008
dearie this a very sensitive topic. Thread with care . unfortunately the average naija person believes that America is the land of opportunity (great misconception) and will do anything to come over. If he does not start trifling once he gets here or does not run away , he may be frustrated at his inability to achieve his tall dreams.

that said I think the approach of checking out an Ex is good , that way you are sure that at least there were some feelings before the US thing became a factor. In addition make sure you have a good plan for his future if he does come over. a college or masters degree should be considered ( you want a man who adds value)

so choose wisely , a focused , ambitious and sharp man is required here. some one who can be a success wherever he is in the world . Not an idiot who thinks America will solve all his woes.

good luck
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 25, 2008
I was considering that before.

But the situation won't be that easy, apart from that, the situation is too delicate.

I don't think am up for the challenge
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Pittbaby(f): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2008
@michelin89. its not about going to bring a man from . its about keeping your options open to include a guy from naija
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby:

@michelin89. its not about going to bring a man from . its about keeping your options open to include a guy from naija

All the same na risky business be that. That option should be left behind if you aren't planning to move back to Nigeria for good!
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 1:21am On Jul 25, 2008
lipsrsealed
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Pittbaby(f): 1:24am On Jul 25, 2008
@ Michelin

why is that , because long distance relationships don't work abi?? wake up people the world is becoming more and more global . I know a lot of couples who live in separate countries due to work or other circumstances
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby:

@ Michelin

why is that , because long distance relationships don't work abi?? wake up people the world is becoming more and more global . I know a lot of couples who live in separate countries due to work or other circumstances

Why is it so difficult for you to see?

Anyways keep your tune low. Nor be me dey collect tax money from your salary!
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2008
@ Michelin

Haba, she say she no wan do, you dey criticize her. It's her choice na.

It may sound like a good idea to you, but not ot her.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 25, 2008
I understand long distance in same country, but diff continent?

Don't try it. ugh
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 25, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I understand long distance in same country, but diff continent?

Don't try it. ugh

I have never bought the idea of going home to get married or going to the village to get married or going to one particular place to get married. Gosh you've been offered the opportunity of a new land. Make use of it.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 25, 2008
LOL! True
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 1:44am On Jul 25, 2008
michelin89:

I have never bought the idea of going home to get married or going to the village to get married or going to one particular place to get married. Gosh you've been offered the opportunity of a new land. Make use of it.
what if the caliber of girls around you are crap    naija girls over my area here to me are crap.  everyone has sampled one another.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 1:45am On Jul 25, 2008
except me wink . i'm fresh kiss
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

what if the caliber of girls around you are crap naija girls over my area here to me are crap. everyone has sampled one another.

So?
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 1:48am On Jul 25, 2008
of course you don't care .  vida guerra oshi  tongue
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

of course you don't care . dirty sanchez oshi tongue

tongue tongue tongue I'm not so superficial!
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 1:51am On Jul 25, 2008
michelin89:

tongue tongue tongue I'm not so superficial!
yeap. just sexist angry
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 25, 2008
HCH3COO:

yeap. just sexist angry

You said I can't be! cheesy
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Pittbaby(f): 1:59am On Jul 25, 2008
Michelin,

are you here to help or what? why are you getting toucy, please let the sista keep her options open. how many naija babes out here in there thirtys with no husband cos they are waiting for the dream yankee- naija man.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby:

Michelin,

are you here to help or what? why are you getting toucy, please let the sista keep her options open. how many naija babes out here in there thirtys with no husband because they are waiting for the dream yankee- naija man.

Are you for real? Tell me, Over 30 Nigerian ladies in Nigeria hardly find husbands because of their age. Now tell me why should an over 30 Nigerian woman based abroad have a better chance of finding a spouse? Ah! Is it because she is the road to the dream land?

I think this says everything we need to know about what future that union can eventually have.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by fionaa(f): 2:11am On Jul 25, 2008
awwh, thanx. i see some responce about the possibility of him turning into one of those nig_american guys i'm running from, and also the chance that he could use this opportunity 2 bring one of his ex's or someone new,

does the fact that he is exactly 10yrs older than me count? i mean, do y'all think he would wanna go through the process of dumping me and starting over?
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 25, 2008
fionaa:

awwh, thanx. i see some responce about the possibility of him turning into one of those nig_american guys i'm running from, and also the chance that he could use this opportunity 2 bring one of his ex's or someone new,

does the fact that he is exactly 10yrs older than me count? i mean, do y'all think he would want to go through the process of dumping me and starting over?

Men have never seen their age as a barrier. Their financial and social status have more impact in whatever decision they make. So if you think that being older won't make him leave, you are being too naive.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 2:15am On Jul 25, 2008
lol grin
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by fionaa(f): 2:20am On Jul 25, 2008
yo michelin89, don't u think "naive" is such a harsh word? i'm not being naive. i'm just keeping an open mind about the possibility that his age might be a good excuse 4 us to work out eventually.
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by motunrayo4(f): 2:21am On Jul 25, 2008
Dont do it, . . find someone in the US
Re: Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? by HCH3COO: 2:22am On Jul 25, 2008
fionaa:

does the fact that he is exactly 10yrs older than me count? i mean, do y'all think he would want to go through the process of dumping me and starting over?
yes woman.  there's a possibility the man wouldn't mind going through the process of dumping you.  it's happened many times before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Love All About Sex?do Women Really Love It / Help!!! my brain! its been taken over / Cheating Wife. What Would Happen Next? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.