Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies (8765 Views)

OAU CDL Degree Admission Form Is Out 2015/16 / Things That Happens Only In Moro For Oau Cdl Student / Oau Cdl Diplomma Programmes 2011/2012 Academic Session Form Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Davo93(m): 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Our attention has been drawn to the continued robbery, bullying and many other wicked acts perpetrated by the students of the Foreign Links Campus, Moro on the Obafemi Awolowo University Predegree Students.

This is not the first time we are experiencing this and it is quite unfortunate it has repeated itself again this year.

An incident happened around 7pm yesterday evening when two hostel mates (GENESIS Hostel) went down the lane of the street that leads to Nifemak Hostel to buy stuffs. Suddenly, three students of the Foreign Links Campus attacked them and demanded for their phones, it was their refusal to drop their phones that caused the predites been beaten blue black!

Fortunately for them, one of the Pre-Degree students ran to the hostel to call for help. We learnt that the hostel matron told them not to go there that she will rather go herself to sort things out which the students obliged to. Surprisingly, she went down there and came back with the OAU predite seriously stabbed on the neck.

We want to state here that this act is totally unaccepted and it is capable of unleashing trouble in the community if not properly checked.

We are using this medium to plead with the management of the Foreign links campus to please call their students to order and also punish any student found guilty of this act. We are also calling on the management of the Centre for Distance Learning, OAU and the Security Agencies there to kindly help us investigate this matter and ensure this act does not repeat itself anymore. We all have the Right to Life, Movement and Association. Any attempt to terminate these is criminal and punishable.

OAU Pre-Degree Forum
For: Concerned OAU Predites & Expredites.

Source: OAU Pre-Degree Forum
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by petreli08: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Same thing i experienced last year
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Ariyke: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think u should send this to their email and make sure ur fact is correct, I believe justice will be served.
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Olastep1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yeah. I heard from some ex-predite friends about a rape incident which happened in one of the female hostels last year. They were said to attack each of the rooms in the midnight. So sad. Anyway, OAU main campus is always 99.9% safe. Unlike the predites in Moro, outskirt of Ife.

I think its best to speak out now unlike all those 'Who wore it better' crap that makes fp.

God Bless

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Yhemit(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Many of this incident have happened nothing done......but the skl management is not helping at all,I was told that anything inside or outside CDL is not part of Oau,that they are not yet recognized as a std of Oau.
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Slasha1(f): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
OMG! That's unfair,these foreign linkers are causing too much trouble for predites. Something should be done asap
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Olastep1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yhemit: Many of this incident have happened nothing done......but the skl management is not helping at all,I was told that anything inside or outside CDL is not part of Oau,that they are not yet recognized as a std of Oau.
yeah. They're just predegree students. Its recognized by OAU but not the federal govt. But i discovered some osun state peeps evn av a high libido to such nuisance. So sad. Now, it has turn to attacks. Haba

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by lillies: 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2013
MOD front page, please
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Davo93(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
lillies: MOD front page, please
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by MVLOX(m): 10:18am On Dec 07, 2013
wetin d police dey wait 4. abi dem no dey hear or c
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Chubhie: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2013
Reminds me of our set at Origbo community school. I trust all the Barrack boys,Oguns and all the hard men to march down to foreign links campus and make some political statements in this mob war that they just started.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by lillies: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2013
This thread has been altered, a MOD on NL made a mockery of Nigerians for requesting that this thread be moved to the homepage. But i cant find that comment on the thread anymore since this thread made front page. Now i understand what POWER can do to people, it is bad that we make comments/rules that we cant stand by in public. With such character, making another #mandela is far than near!
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2013
This is what you get when the Students' Union is on ban. I remember during the tenure of Akiola Saburi aka Malcolm X how he would go to Moro with union excos to "arrest" defaulters even during breaks.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Lastdon02(m): 10:43am On Dec 07, 2013
war o
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by pwettyhardey(f): 10:53am On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08: Same thing i experienced last year
.last yr ke? Where? I neva heard of it
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by hammedroyabat(m): 10:58am On Dec 07, 2013
Dis act by d foreign linkers started during my p.d days 09/10 period... It was stopped by d security council under d student union back den... D absence of d union is causing all dis... Justice Shall be done soon....
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Olugbenger(m): 11:00am On Dec 07, 2013
this is bad angry

Oau main campus is extremely safe though.

Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Harrisonn(m): 11:02am On Dec 07, 2013
Am coming let me confirm the news before i comment
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by dheaven: 11:05am On Dec 07, 2013
submit it to the school authority for attention
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by petreli08: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2013
pwettyhardey: .last yr ke? Where? I neva heard of it

I mean the bullying
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by pwettyhardey(f): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=petreli08]

I mean the bullying[/quote
i was also there lst yr bt i didnt hear anyfn of such
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by petreli08: 11:22am On Dec 07, 2013
[quote author=pwettyhardey][/quote]

Of course there was...but mostly to boys
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Penboy: 11:27am On Dec 07, 2013
Ewwooooooo.
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 07, 2013
pls anybody in Temilade hostel then wilful COOl MIKe set here pls alert me
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by free2ryhme: 11:32am On Dec 07, 2013
make una start an aluta we go join in later
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by pwettyhardey(f): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2013
petreli08:

Of course there was...but mostly to boys
ok
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Doyensky: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
I ddnt come in through pre-degree bt some of my classmates that did said some girls were raped in their hostels by those foreign links students.
The school management should just try and put an end to this madness before they go gaga.
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by massmedia: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
Okpara-Jesus:
pls anybody in Temilade hostel then wilful COOl MIKe set here pls alert me

sure cool mike was my roomate,,,you heard about his sextape abi

(reppin temilade hostel 2011/2012 set)
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by massmedia: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
Olastep1 na you ooo,,,mehn,,, you always comment concerning anythin that has to do with OAU...

You should be the ambassador of nairaland in OAU..
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by massmedia: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Foreign links students harrasing and bullying predites in moro is not a new thing,,

my advice for all predites is not to walk alone in the night,,,they should walk in groups in the night
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by Emytexboy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
YAHWEH KINGDOM FAMILY, WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.We Believe in Yahweh Elshaddai, and his Incarnate Yahoshua.
We Believe that the church as it is today is a made up of human philosophies and selfish and materialistic indoctrinated minds, and not according to the Godhead which is Yahoshua. — via Yahweh Kingdom Family
WHO ARE YAHWEH KINGDOM FAMILY
youtube.com
1 hour ago
Like· 1 Commen
Re: Open Letter To The Management Of FLC, OAU CDL And Security Agencies by michealade(m): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
massmedia:

sure cool mike was my roomate,,,you heard about his sextape abi

(reppin temilade hostel 2011/2012 set)
mass media aw far,wen u dey enter campus nau?dose foreign linkers dumb gan!!!!!!dats dia usual behaviour

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Examination Hall In Saudi Arabia / Lautech Post Ume Result Is Out! / Ralia The Sugar Girl: Tell Us What You Know About The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.