Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators (16209 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by hycebee(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nairalanders, please help me with this issue. I have been getting calls from Airtel & Glo and they always advertise their 'yeye' products. Initially they use their 5-digit numbers, which I always ignore. But they've just made it a lot more annoying because they now use normal 11-digit number to call.

I'm getting so much uncomfortable with the whole 'spam' tactics. You know that feeling when you'll be expecting a very important call, only for you to pick the call and then u start hearing some 'silly' adverts.

I've tried several methods to stop this: called their CCA, blocked some numbers (but more keeps popping up)...etc. I'm opened to more ideas from nairalanders. Too bad NCC is not doing anything about it.

Thanks

13 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by deniiQ: 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
U r not alone bro. D tin tire person no big small. It's very annoying n frustrating to say the least.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Excelboi(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
If you are using an android fone, there are many call blockers that will help you out of those so called spam calls.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by dgitrader(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
There's nothing you can do about it. We just have to live with it, because the regulatory agencies either don't care or they are just too inconpetent to stop the telcos. Simply Expect More promo calls, promo texts, fake lotteries, wasteful subscriptions, and spams to your phone grin grin grin grin
Don't even attempt to text 'STOP' to any short code, that would sometimes hasten your being charged and subcription to one useless service. All the service providers are culprit. The most foolish one is the inconsistent one that bombards you with text/calls inviting you to borrow credit by dialing 1234?

10 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by hycebee(m): 5:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Wow!!! That's too bad. How I wish Nairaland moderators could beam their searchlight on this issue, give it a necessary awareness by moving it to the front page. Who knows NCC might hear our grieveances and possibly put a leash on the telcos. It seems to me that they the only agency that can stop all these.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Sagytarius(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
Talk of incompetence from NCC

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by 24in7: 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by kodred(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Misleading topic. I saw it and quickly clicked on it thinking it will solve my problem cos glo calls me like 3 to 4 times in a day angry op add a ? to d topic jor

21 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by MissIndependent(f): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
I hate their stewpid text messages more. Most times i receive more than 6 a day especially from GLO angry
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by fasho01(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
I had to call airtel & tell them I'll break my sim card if they don't stop all that thrash. I receive about 80 msgs from airtel daily + those annoying calls angry

Something has to be done about this with immediate effect. NCC take note!

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Adesam09(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ok
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Beaf1: 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Yes. and their useless SMS's too. That moment when you are expecting a credit alert from your bank only to see MTNN cheesy

Sooo annoying..

7 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by damibravo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
I use all those Four lines....Airtel and Glo are Frustrating, sometimes I dont bother look who the caller is because I know who it is.....am thinking of saving those numbers and assigning a silent tone to them!

The Messaging from all four of them is killing, I hate it! i receive like 10-15 useless sms daily from them all together!

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by shortgun(m): 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
SAME HERE angry but OP this ur thread is misleading, as i see this thread i think say na solution u wan give us i no know say na help you dey find.
You and the telcos na the same na why you dey complain tongue

4 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by JulianBond007: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
Beaf!:
Yes. and their useless SMS's too. That moment when you are expecting a credit alert from your bank only to see MTNN cheesy

Sooo annoying..
same here! angry
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by DJDOLA(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
I swear one of does numbers all most make me break my airtel line...imagine they call me as early as 5ive am...if I ignore it they will still call back....mio mo inkan ti mo ra ninu igba awon weree

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by enigmang: 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sagytarius: Talk of incompetence from NCC

How is NCC incompetent ?? Hav you reported the issue? To either the Telco or NCC..

Most times we just say the system is incompetent without we doing anything about it.
I don't recieve these calls although I no people that do. So it's not as if everyone recieves them. call the telco first and tell them you don't want such calls again.. Who knows you might have ticked 'accept' in some terms and condition..

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by homesteady(m): 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its so annoying! You'll just pick the call and start hearing one kind of stupid music angry

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Deyhmee(f): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its very frustrating, deleting their messages alone, esp., 'are you a red devil' like 20/day.
Abeg, sheey na by force to subscribe!!

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by olorunthobby(f): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
oh boy..me sef tayar o angry na AIRTEL come worse pass sad

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by adexsimply(m): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by ejifranks(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mtn Bombards me with Useless sms almost every hour... Its so irritating especially when you are expecting a cash deposit alert from the bank grin grin grin Theres nothing you can do about it via your phone... you may need to go to their area office to complain...haven't done that though , dont know if it would work..

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music[/b]

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by batstan(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
cool Me i like the calls and text msgs, atleast they remind me that i've still got phonez. No wan calls me...............i don't have money...................for now. grin

6 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Candour(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
kodred: Misleading topic. I saw it and quickly clicked on it thinking it will solve my problem cos glo calls me like 3 to 4 times in a day angry op add a ? to d topic jor

Same here. I was actually thinking a solution to the menace had been found. They are simply annoying and irritating.

@OP, pls correct the topic.

thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by tokunbobo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
Excelboi: If you are using an android fone, there are many call blockers that will help you out of those so called spam calls.

Its not only on android phones, you can also block numbers on blackberry and other smart phones. The challenge is that when you block those so-called numbers, the network providers will use many other numbers to call you. The lasting solution is to get a personalized number (like a private number that will be exclusive to you alone) or turn your existing number to a personalized number but it will cost you money. Approach your network provider or call their customer care on how you can go about it.
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by earthrealm(m): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
meen..this ur thread is misleading!!!!..I tot u had found the solution..u shud hv put a question mark......glo is worst...followed by airtel................then in financial instituions....ACCESS BANK IS THE WORST!....ARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by ejifranks(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
batstan: cool Me i like the calls and text msgs, atleast they remind me that i've still got phonez. No wan calls me...............i don't have money...................for now. grin
pele u must be lonely

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
I thought that i waz d only one. infact eh! one day i jus pickd d cal and screamed LEAVE ME ALONE!! bt that w'nt help since is computerise but wat i'm naw into is to put a loovely song as my text and ringtones and whneva they're calling and text, I DANCE TO THE TONE! change d tone whneva u gt bored wit d song. i bet u try it cus it helps cool my nerves. yeye Glo. i bet they wil stop if Only God open their eyes to see the real koko of wat i'm doing wit their cals. DANCE WITH THE TONE.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by AroOkigbo(m): 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
enigmang:

How is NCC incompetent ?? Hav you reported the issue? To either the Telco or NCC..

Most times we just say the system is incompetent without we doing anything about it.
I don't recieve these calls although I no people that do. So it's not as if everyone recieves them. call the telco first and tell them you don't want such calls again.. Who knows you might have ticked 'accept' in some terms and condition..

Bros, no vex o.
But e bi like say you never get phone.

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by batstan(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
enigmang:

cool
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by tomsongz(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
help us o, the most annoying is that of glo especially 547 flashing and 34001 calling. I think is one social chat like that. If u try call back, they deduct money. Then i have searched how to stop it, they deducted money again for opt out, then after 2 days again re surfaced again. I am tired of those scammers. I never suscribed initially.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? / How To Browse For Free In The Night [MTN]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.