Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38827 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by babyboy3(m): 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

S/N: IF NOT FOR THE WHITES, EMINEM WOULD BE A NOBODY,THEY ARE THE 1s holding him up...that's mainly because they wanna prove to peeps their is a white Man that Raps....yada yda Bull crap!..

75% of the people who buy Hip Hop albums are WHITE whether the singer / rapper is white or black and thats a FACT!!!!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Yunglix: If u say tupac is a RAPGOD den Martin Luther King is the greatest politician and speech writer of all time. Tupac rapped about being black in America and various tin about life Eminem is just lyrically gifted.

Are you drunk, why did his fan commit suicide?? What do u stan was a all about? Go and listen to eminem's rap, its obvious you know nothing abt him.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Aphrodite4:

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO THE TRACK, "RENEGADE".. Don't worry, it's not your fault I understand..

eminem murdered jay-z on renegade. as good as jay-z's lyrics & delivery were on that track, he still couldn't top eminem's fluid delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Any opinion on this issue is ultimately subjective - this is why I default to the opinions of other rappers in the game.
Records sales is not necessarily the best measure either.

I will be back later.

^^ not only is it nt d best measure.....it is a Non factor when U talking bout rap/hip hop...and d funny tin is...U hve all these boys in ds thread spiiting bull they knw notin about....
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
fijiano202: http://hiphop365.com/the-50-greatest-rappers-of-all-time/&q=top+10+Greatest+rapper+ever+to+live&sa=X&ei=1DifUqvuFYT4oATD2oKgCg&ved=0CD8QFjAF
THAT WAS THEIR OPINION.. In case you missed it., it said "As Presented by hiphop365.com"
Purely subjective..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

spot on!
black folks would never admit the white boy is killing them in the craft they pioneered.

Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself
If they were brown Shady'd lose, Shady sits on the shelf
But Shady's cute, Shady knew Shady's dimples would help
Make ladies swoon baby Look at my sales
Let's do the math: if I was black, I woulda sold half

Your race angle is played out. Even Em himself said this on White America.

His race helped him sell records.

He is a don, but not a God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ayomideay(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
tell them oo
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

eminem murdered jay-z on renegade. as good as jay-z's lyrics & delivery were on that track, he still couldn't top eminem's fluid delivery.
I agree 100%.. Cold blooded murder..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ i am forced to think U're talkin out of ur arse....going by wat u said above...as regards him being no.1 on whatever charts...is he d 1st?....yo! U jst spitting fire....let me tell U sumtin...when it comes to Rap and Hip Hop....chart sales and what not dont really matter....aight....that is really sumtin POp, R&B kats crave...so U using d basis of chart to think 'eM is d greatest is a Big fail...cos it holds no water....what matters majorly in hip hop/rap is street credibility,delivery and content.....infact let me dnt skool U again..cos u seem nt to knw d heck U talkin bout..

If u're an objective person U'd agree with me that 'em isn't doing anything different or new....if anything He is Yelling!! Need i mention that if U eed ur sanity Intact..it's better u dnt listen to 'Ems song with a Head Phone...

S/N: IF NOT FOR THE WHITES, EMINEM WOULD BE A NOBODY,THEY ARE THE 1s holding him up...that's mainly because they wanna prove to peeps their is a white Man that Raps....yada yda Bull crap!..

Thankyou! That guy is always yelling! I can't even believe people are saying eminem is a rap god! Rap god my big fat yansh! So many unknownrground rappers that rap better than him! Anyway anyone is entitled to their own opinion
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Bizibi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ i am forced to think U're talkin out of ur arse....going by wat u said above...as regards him being no.1 on whatever charts...is he d 1st?....yo! U jst spitting fire....let me tell U sumtin...when it comes to Rap and Hip Hop....chart sales and what not dont really matter....aight....that is really sumtin POp, R&B kats crave...so U using d basis of chart to think 'eM is d greatest is a Big fail...cos it holds no water....what matters majorly in hip hop/rap is street credibility,delivery and content.....infact let me dnt skool U again..cos u seem nt to knw d heck U talkin bout..

If u're an objective person U'd agree with me that 'em isn't doing anything different or new....if anything He is Yelling!! Need i mention that if U eed ur sanity Intact..it's better u dnt listen to 'Ems song with a Head Phone...

everyone is entitled to his opinion but right now this guy is the new rap god,his technique is really good,he doesn't give listeners the same stuff all the time,I have listened to many hip hop artists albums and mix tape and Eminem has just joined the group of rap gods
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Any opinion on this issue is ultimately subjective - this is why I default to the opinions of other rappers in the game.
Records sales is not necessarily the best measure either.

I will be back later.

i wasn't using the album sales to prove eminem's superiority - just correcting the misinformation. eminem outsold 2pac as far back as 2009 & 2pac held the first position in album sales for years before then.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Aphrodite4:
I agree 100%.. Cold blooded murder..

let jay-z's fans tell us who did better in this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AQ4tjMFhKc
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

75% of the people who buy Hip Hop albums are WHITE whether the singer / rapper is white or black and thats a FACT!!!!

^^ keep telling Urself those lies.....95 percent of his fan base is White...so ur point is lacking...therefore it's Null and void...u may want to sit ur Behind all d way down!!!!!!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fijiano202(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
baby-boy:

The highest selling Rap Album of all time is - The Marshall Mathers LP (29m)
highest selling doesnt mean best rap Album cos Illmatic by Nas is the best rap album ever

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
GustavoFring:

Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself
If they were brown Shady'd lose, Shady sits on the shelf
But Shady's cute, Shady knew Shady's dimples would help
Make ladies swoon baby Look at my sales
Let's do the math: if I was black, I woulda sold half

Your race angle is played out. Even Em himself said this on White America.

His race helped him sell records.

He is a don, but not a God.

I agree with you. The guy is a don, fùcking brilliant but not a rap god!!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Keky: Eve? Lmao, U r high
mumu! You are the one high on metallic sulphur. Eve raps better than Eminem. Infact Female rappers like Mc Lyte, YoYo, Queen Latifah, Non Challant etc are better rappers than Eminem. Eminem sucks! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by babyboy3(m): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ keep telling Urself those lies.....95 percent of his fan base is White...so ur point is lacking...therefore it's Null and void...u may want to sit ur Behind all d way down!!!!!!

Its a know fact for more than 15 years ago... How many black people buys albums CDs? (Down Load and Piracy)

Eminem

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

LO L, there is really n o point arguing with you , am i white? Lemme educate You, Eminem is more black Than white, He grew up in Detroit and all The friends he ever had are black, the white community do not even like him because of his misogynistic nature and his aversion to gays... he is the first rapper to win an academy award, except you want to tell me dat he did it because he was white... he dd not even attend the ceremony because he didnt think he would win, he has as much street cred as any black rapper from the hood... if you are still in doubt, watch 8 miles

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by KKImoh: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Promhize:

U are mentioning/comparing drake to eminem, you are drunk. Go home.
. Dnt mind em, even kendrick lamar is beta dan DRAKE
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Bizibi: everyone is entitled to his opinion but right now this guy is the new rap god,his technique is really good,he doesn't give listeners the same stuff all the time,I have listened to many hip hop artists albums and mix tape and Eminem has just joined the group of rap gods

^ya better dnt be on dat 'he dont give listeners same shii...cos that's a bold LIE u tellin ds hot afternoon...he nt doing anytin different or New....
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Djmantana: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
The best rappers are the once who first can freestyle without fluke(em ft proof).show me in our current clime who can do that not to talk of sit down and write out well thought after bars.

Eminem is the G.O.A.T.a phenomenum to reckoned with.you need to study his lyrics more than once to get the meaning of what he is saying and usually a single bar has more than one meaning

ah hear u ol mentioning lil wayne,2pac,nas and even 50cent(he said he ll neve diss eminem du u knw y).they all were or are greats but not compared to em.cause to a certain degree they all were one dimentional.50cent is only about gangster stuff,lil wayne will be a waiter now without the p***y word,it goes on...

Bu em goes from love(crazy in love is a personal best) to emotions(stan),nice rap story telling(mocking bird,murder murder),it goes on.

Bottom line is your just need to listen to da rap god from detriot again and again to know that his lyrical prowess is second to none.

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
no he is not and never was. These rappers made waves in the mid to late 90's are alot better to me.
2pac, BIG, NAS, jay-z, kadafi of outlawz, c-murder of no limit and black rob.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

You guys are saying the same thing, most of his fans are white
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ayomideay(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

U sabi Rap dieeee. Eminem is maddd. Why call himself a god where there is Jigga.. No eminem's can beat Jigga's collection. Reasonable doubt and blueprint,even Black Album would flaw all eminem's effort
obviously you've not listened to stan...check diz out too m.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7OAjEKZoA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7-7OAjEKZoA
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by fijiano202(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: mumu! You are the one high on metallic sulphur. Eve raps better than Eminem. Infact Female rappers like Mc Lyte, YoYo, Queen Latifah, Non Challant etc are better rappers than Eminem. Eminem sucks! angry

Don't compare eve and eminem. It's an insult to RAP. Stop this heresy angry

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by babyboy3(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
fijiano202: highest selling doesnt mean best rap Album cos Illmatic by Nas is the best rap album ever

The best Album is a matter of opinion

The Best selling album has its stats to back it up

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy:

LO L, there is really n o point arguing with you , am i white? Lemme educate You, Eminem is more black Than white, He grew up in Detroit and all The friends he ever had are black, the white community do not even like him because of his misogynistic nature and his aversion to gays... he is the first rapper to win an academy award, except you want to tell me dat he did it because he was white... he dd not even attend the ceremony because he didnt think he would win, he has as much street cred as any black rapper from the hood... if you are still in doubt, watch 8 miles

^^ sorry man...bt u made no sense....so the fact sum1 grew Up n a black state, therefore he is invariably as black as they come...where is Ur LOGIC?...again i'd educate U...cos U missing d link....
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ayomideay(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
LyfeJennings:

U sabi Rap dieeee. Eminem is maddd. Why call himself a god where there is Jigga.. No eminem's can beat Jigga's collection. Reasonable doubt and blueprint,even Black Album would flaw all eminem's effort
obviously you've not listened to stan
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7OAjEKZoA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7-7OAjEKZoA
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by patroccini: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
He is too gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
saxywale: no he is not and never was. These rappers made waves in the mid to late 90's are alot better to me.
2pac, BIG, NAS, jay-z, kadafi of outlawz, c-murder of no limit and black rob.
you forgot to add Dr. Dre. His own mentor. cool
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
K.K Imoh:
. Dnt mind em, even kendrick lamar is beta dan DRAKE

Drake is a confused rapper. Only his first album made sense, the subsequent ones are utter crap!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.