Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38850 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
sandijey:

Thankyou! That guy is always yelling! I can't even believe people are saying eminem is a rap god! Rap god my big fat yansh! So many unknownrground rappers that rap better than him! Anyway anyone is entitled to their own opinion
i thought i was the only one that noticed he yells and squeals alot.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

Don't compare eve and eminem. It's an insult to RAP. Stop this heresy angry
Dude, there's nothing like heresay. I have been a lover of rap music far back in the 90's. The blacks introduced rap music and there's no way a white folk will be a rap god.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
saxywale: no he is not and never was. These rappers made waves in the mid to late 90's are alot better to me.
2pac, BIG, NAS, jay-z, kadafi of outlawz, c-murder of no limit and black rob.

C murder?. Better than eminem?. Go and take a nap undecided
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy:

LO L, there is really n o point arguing with you , am i white? Lemme educate You, Eminem is more black Than white, He grew up in Detroit and all The friends he ever had are black, the white community do not even like him because of his misogynistic nature and his aversion to gays... he is the first rapper to win an academy award, except you want to tell me dat he did it because he was white... he dd not even attend the ceremony because he didnt think he would win, he has as much street cred as any black rapper from the hood... if you are still in doubt, watch 8 miles

this dude is a genius.....
lose yourself is the best song ever written by a rapper in the last 100 years. people who write know how difficult it is to pen lyrics & make every word used in one verse rhymes with another.

that song alone makes eminem a rap god....and it's as far back as 2002.

2 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
njokusboy:

Oga Listen to Jayzs renegade Eminem made him look like a kid in that song

I used to think same,(check my earliest posts) but one track doesnt make an artist. I have copped all their albums from the word go and this is not about racism as some of you would have it. I love Em, but I still place him second to Jigga. Jigga has more diversity in his flows and raps about anything under the sun in a mature way and a lot of times with minimal curse words. Funny thing is I used to hate his style of delivery back in the days until I got to really understand him. Em is always rapping 'bout some mischief or his daughter Hailey or his wife/moms but he is a great freestylist in the ranks of spekta! No doubt he is awesome, but I'd still give the title to Jay-Z. Devin the dude regularly takes scarface down on most tracks they feature together, but it doesnt make him better than scar. Same has happened to a lot of artists so dont use that as only basis.

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: mumu! You are the one high on metallic sulphur. Eve raps better than Eminem. Infact Female rappers like Mc Lyte, YoYo, Queen Latifah, Non Challant etc are better rappers than Eminem. Eminem sucks! angry

Thankyou o jare!!!!!! Lmaoooooo! Fell off the chair
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Dude, there's nothing like heresay. I have been a lover of rap music far back in the 90's. The blacks introduced rap music and there's no way a white folk will be a rap god.

I didn't say "heresay", I saide "HERESY". I never said Eminem is a rap god. Read my first post on this thread
ochon: The dude is a legend. One of my best top 10 best rappers of all time. He takes rappers on a road trip with his fast bars and sharp lyrics that cuts through all kinda genre. He's a shape-shifter, capable of coping and blending in many genre of music.

However he's not a RAP GOD, but he's lyrical GOD and benchmark for these wack àss boring kids like 2chainz and co to learn from. On a Good day, he's as dópe as dópe could get but he's not a RAP GOD

Still got mad respect for him cool.. He blends comical punclines like JUST LOOSE IT, with emotional cool vibe rap that brings out the emotional part of me like BEAUTIFUL, STAN, NOW THAT I'M GONE, SORRY MAMA, SING FOR THE MOMENT, NO LOVE and co to fast raps that you have to pause and listen well to get its deep rooted meaning. One of the greatest rappers dead or alive, who's seen it all, started from the ghetto to the TOP. cool

By the way, your logic of black introducing rap(true) and NO chance of a white being a rap god is flawed. It's over flawed. Rap is not meant for the blacks only. Once again, comparing eve and eminem is insult to rap. Stop it
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

Drake is a confused rapper. Only his first album made sense, the subsequent ones are utter crap!!

^^ I knw Y'all will be quick to discredit drake...no doubt...bt d Only Reason is because Drake Sings His Hooks/chorus and talks bout relatable topics...other than that.....He is winning.....any Questions?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Y'all better don't Fall/believe the Hype....
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by OrangeHokage(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar: eminem is an enigma, something of a shape shifter, a constructor of elaborately self-referential personas whose penchant for self-exploration can often take the form of snide, self-consciously juvenile lyrical play, bracingly bitter tirades or ice grilled hip-hop classicism.

when he dropped this single "Rap God" off his new album(MMLP-2) some few weeks ago, he finally confirmed his status as the modern shakespeare of hip-hop. the incisive lyricism, delivery & the technique displayed throughout hasn't been seen yet in the entire hip-hop industry. is he really the rap god?

just sit back & enjoy this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA
there are 5 great rappers ever and eminem is on top, he's untouchable in fact he gone beyond GOD LEVEL
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ I knw Y'all will be quick to discredit drake...no doubt...bt d Only Reason is because Drake Sings His Hooks/chorus and talks bout relatable topics...other than that.....He is winning.....any Questions?

I'm not discrediting him, he's good but his first album was tha IT, after that, the hype wore off. He multi-talented but when it comes to rap, he aint better than Kendrick lamar
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Keky(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: mumu! You are the one high on metallic sulphur. Eve raps better than Eminem. Infact Female rappers like Mc Lyte, YoYo, Queen Latifah, Non Challant etc are better rappers than Eminem. Eminem sucks! angry
Dis 1 don craze finish ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Dude, there's nothing like heresay. I have been a lover of rap music far back in the 90's. The blacks introduced rap music and there's no way a white folk will be a rap god.

It's HERESY.. Pls pick up a dictionary once in a while.. Itz this lack of vocabulary that a black hood, gang banging, mutthead can't dethrone Eminem..
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by KKImoh: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

Drake is a confused rapper. Only his first album made sense, the subsequent ones are utter crap!!
i stil wonder if TAKE CARE ft rihanna, was a rap single abi r n b
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

I didn't say "heresay", I saide "HERESY". I never said Eminem is a rap god. Read my first post on this thread

By the way, your logic of black introducing rap(true) and NO chance of a white of a white being a rap god is flawed. It's over flawed. Rap is not meant for the blacks only. Once again, comparing eve and eminem is insult to rap. Stop it
Rap is meant for the blacks only! That's our trademark. Eminem is being overhyped because he's white. He only shouts in his songs and not rap. You see those female rappers I mentioned, they rocked the rap music way back in the 90's. You need to go online and listen to their songs. Eminem still suck!!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ keep telling Urself those lies.....95 percent of his fan base is White...so ur point is lacking...therefore it's Null and void...u may want to sit ur Behind all d way down!!!!!!

Are u high?? Who was no. 1 before Eminem?

You know not what you talking bout.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: you forgot to add Dr. Dre. His own mentor. cool
yeah. gonna add dragon and big sykes(Mussolini) to that list too.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by KKImoh: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Keky: Dis 1 don craze finish ooooo
u must b high on weed
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by philfearon(m): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".
Shut Up!! EMINEM is a Rap god!!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Elnino4ladies: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jayz nas,nd pac ar far beta dan dt white dude called em..he is gud no doubt..bt rapgod..nah...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Aphrodite4:

It's HERESY.. Pls pick up a dictionary once in a while.. Itz this lack of vocabulary that a black hood, gang banging, mutthead can't dethrone Eminem..

LOL. I find it appalling, that she compared eve to EM. Dafuq?!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
more like rap albino
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eminem aint the rap God, Sarkodie of Ghana is!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by ochon: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
JulianBond007: Rap is meant for the blacks only! That's our trademark. Eminem is being overhyped because he's white. He only shouts in his songs and not rap. You see those female rappers I mentioned, they rocked the rap music way back in the 90's. You need to go online and listen to their songs. Eminem still suck!!

Rap is meant for blacks only?. Who made it so?. You?. The UN?. Which law?. I find your posts racial. So what if the female rappers rocked the 90's, does it mean that people can't topple them?. So going by your hilarious logic, since MC Lyte reigned before tupac, she's better than tupac?. . Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Aphrodite4(f): 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
ochon:

LOL. I find it appalling, that she compared eve to EM. Dafuq?!!

Lol! I'm nt violent if not I'd have smacked her teeth out for such blasphemy.. No offense to her ofcrz, ignorance is bliss..

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
saxywale:
yeah. gonna add dragon and big sykes(Mussolini) to that list too.
Has RUFFRYDERS released any other album after "RYDE OR DIE"? . I missed the group. I think they split after DMX got into jail.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by chimajii: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Elnino4ladies: Jayz nas,nd pac ar far beta dan dt white dude called em..he is gud no doubt..bt rapgod..nah...

God bless Ur heart....Lots of chicos here talkin like they knw shii....he good...bt y'all better dnt start reaching with that He a RapGod shii...i tell U...Y'all miss me with that...
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by mariong(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Em is good bt not the rap god.
*listening to love game ft kendrick*
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

this dude is a genius.....
lose yourself is the best song ever written by a rapper in the last 100 years. people who write know how difficult it is to pen lyrics & make every word used in one verse rhymes with another.

that song alone makes eminem a rap god....and it's as far back as 2002.

'Lose yourself' is a very good song, very well crafted but more relatable because of the movie 8mile. That is why anytime you hear it, you think back to 8mile. Minus the 8mile (which is a powerful movie), it is just another great song. A lot of artists before and after Em have made songs with identical ryhmes in all verses so it is nuttin new. There have been more powerful songs by other artists, one that readily comes to mind is 'you can never feel my pain' by prodigy.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Deiok(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
I dont know if anyone can be a rapgod, but Eminem is damn good.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
chimajii:

^^ sorry man...bt u made no sense....so the fact sum1 grew Up n a black state, therefore he is invariably as black as they come...where is Ur LOGIC?...again i'd educate U...cos U missing d link....

LOL man, take it easy on me, no be fight, when Eminem started rapping, rap was seen as strictly a black mans business, then he was a member of D 12, and he was the only white dude there, now Dr Dre Listened to one of their tracks and sent for Eminem out of all of them,he had never seen Eminem before, he didn t even know Eminem was white until Eminem met him in California..Dat was how good Eminem was,then he was called the black man in a white skin, that is why I said he is more of a black man than a white man

1 Like

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by bibiking7(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
kavey10: Eminem HAS LOST IT(his musical content). The Eminem I knew while growing up was wayyy more philosophical, if I may use that word than now, for example, check out the Berzerk track. That is complete T-R-A-S-H! A friend told me to wait for Eminem's album before calling Drake's album the do.pest! Now y'all should compare now. Rap God gini? Lobbish!

CRAP.

chimajii:

^^ i am forced to think U're talkin out of ur arse....going by wat u said above...as regards him being no.1 on whatever charts...is he d 1st?....yo! U jst spitting fire....let me tell U sumtin...when it comes to Rap and Hip Hop....chart sales and what not dont really matter....aight....that is really sumtin POp, R&B kats crave...so U using d basis of chart to think 'eM is d greatest is a Big fail...cos it holds no water....what matters majorly in hip hop/rap is street credibility,delivery and content.....infact let me dnt skool U again..cos u seem nt to knw d heck U talkin bout..

If u're an objective person U'd agree with me that 'em isn't doing anything different or new....if anything He is Yelling!! Need i mention that if U eed ur sanity Intact..it's better u dnt listen to 'Ems song with a Head Phone...

S/N: IF NOT FOR THE WHITES, EMINEM WOULD BE A NOBODY,THEY ARE THE 1s holding him up...that's mainly because they wanna prove to peeps their is a white Man that Raps....yada yda Bull crap!..

[size=14pt]you cant rate rappers Only by street creds? Thats not possible. If you dont like slim, your opinion. But you cant deny the fact that he is a good rapper based on his achievments. Just type his name in google or check youtube to see what other rappers have to say about the slim menace. He may not be the rap god, but in all standards, he is a rap god.[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.