Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,591 members, 7,801,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian (6568 Views)

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo / 5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by bigdoo: 12:32am On Dec 05, 2013
I am a Nigerian British based in London. I was recruited from London, UK to teach in a university in Saudi Arabia. I spent the first one week of my arrival in the capital city Riyadh before I was posted to teach in AL JOUF University in Sakaka. To my surprise, I've never met a single Nigerian anywhere I've been and I've not seen any business being run by a Nigerian. I thought they said that Nigerians especially the Ibos are located everywhere in the world. I see myself more as a Nigerian as I was born and grew up there and would like to make contacts with both men and women from Nigeria especially those who have lived in Saudi longer then I have. Has anybody got any information that could help me make useful contacts with fellow Nigerians over here? In the university where I teach, the teaching staff are only from Britain, USA and Canada.
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by hammedkola(m): 1:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Wish I can get a working permit to teach Mathematics in there, I 'll be a great companion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by castielo(m): 6:26am On Dec 05, 2013
Anywhere u go and u don't see a Nigerian.. then u gotta pack ur bags. A place is neva safe enough without an igbo man undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by topsyking: 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
you can never find an igbo man there.. cuz biz no go move there....if u no wat i mean grin

9 Likes

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by yoged(m): 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
topsyking: you can never find an igbo man there.. cuz biz no go move there....if u no wat i mean grin
grin craze man. This got me laughing.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by mystery001(m): 1:48am On Dec 06, 2013
Sakaka? It will be quite rare to see a Nigerian there. However, there are lots in Jeddah and Riyadh mostly Professionals especially Medical doctors.
In Mecca and Medina? There are lots also only that these two are only accessible to a Muslim by virtue of them being holy cities. Lots of nigerian illegals also called 'the tikaris' as you always see them play hide and seek game during pilgrimage.
Keep searching you may find Nigerians
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by abbakacici: 5:53am On Dec 06, 2013
there are many nigerians in riyadh and jeddah business people owns shops, accountant, doctors student , teachers etc and if u are a muslim you will find more then 200,000 nigerians in mecca and like 50,000 in medina but there are very few nigerians in the other 9 state Al Jawf, Arar, Tabuk, Ha'il, Al Qasim, Dammam, Al Bahah , Asir, Jizan and Najran
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by drucci: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
There are many Nigerians in Saudi
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Axmondthuglife: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
This is the first time im hearing that word "sakaka"
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
bigdoo:
I am a Nigerian British based in London. I was recruited from London, UK to teach in a university in Saudi Arabia. I spent the first one week of my arrival in the capital city Riyadh before I was posted to teach in AL JOUF University in Sakaka. To my surprise, I've never met a single Nigerian anywhere I've been and I've not seen any business being run by a Nigerian. I thought they said that Nigerians especially the Ibos are located everywhere in the world. I see myself more as a Nigerian as I was born and grew up there and would like to make contacts with both men and women from Nigeria especially those who have lived in Saudi longer then I have. Has anybody got any information that could help me make useful contacts with fellow Nigerians over here? In the university where I teach, the teaching staff are only from Britain, USA and Canada.
, Igbo's in Saudi Arabia? May be you beam your search light further, Nigerian rarely go to Saudi Arabia for business or stay, not a choice place for the Igbo's.

1 Like

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by johnHerba(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Mgbadike80: 6:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nigerian doctors (including Igbos) are in Saudi Arabia. Maybe you're living in an unpopular location for Nigerian immigrants.

1 Like

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Elnon: 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
johnHerba:
Nigeria is a somewhat christian country and 99% of its population are English speakers, only few speaks arabic and are at the far northern part of the country like borno state. i wanna learn arabic and migrate to saudi arabia

Nigeria is not a Christian country but a secular country.

Also by population, majority of Nigerians are Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Tabbaz(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
What about when you were in riyadh? You didn't meet Nigerians?
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by johnHerba(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Xzellentgraphic: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2021
johnHerba:
correctly a secular country. majority are not really muslims. not all northern nigeria are muslims, i think you know that. because only about 55% of northerners are muslims, 20% of westerners are muslims, and less than 1% of easterners and southern nigeria are muslims. Thus majority are not really muslims
Christian is the majority in Nigeria....blunt

2 Likes

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by johnHerba(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by dasparrow: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
Arabs are terribly racist towards Africans so only self hating coons will feel the need to move to Saudi Arabia. Period!
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by dake40(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
Xzellentgraphic:

Christian is the majority in Nigeria....blunt

Where is your source?

Wikipedia proved you wrong

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Traditional faiths (0.6%)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Nigeria
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Raph82(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nigerians no dey too go that country jare, dis one wey be say small thing now, dem go say Sharia don cash u, next thing na to go cut Person prick, or amputate person. U preview their women from behind lasan, dem don comot ur two eyes sharp sharp. Dem no go leave one for u make u dey manage dat one. Dem go comot d two eyes without ur permission, which kind thing be dat?
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Cousin9999: 6:41am On Jan 21, 2021
I say this with love. Please stop going to the middle east. Please stop going to Asia in general. I don't want to see my people suffering. This is not right.
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Xzellentgraphic: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
dake40:

Where is your source?

Wikipedia proved you wrong

Religion in Nigeria (est. 2018)

Muslim (53.5%)
Christian (45.9%)
Traditional faiths (0.6%)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Nigeria

Continue deceiving ursef with fake stat

1 Like

Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by dake40(m): 6:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Xzellentgraphic:

Wikipedia is fake?

Provide your own source
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by dake40(m): 6:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Xzellentgraphic:

Wikipedia is fake?

Please learn to counter a point with proof. Its called maturity
Re: I've Been In Saudi Arabia For 4 Months And Not Seen Or Met A Nigerian by Stargirl6: 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
How do I get visa to Saudi being a lady

(1) (Reply)

Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian / Travel To Azerbaijan: / Tourism Can Bring Serious Income to Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.