Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell (1735 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 5:38am On Dec 05, 2013
I've made these points on several occassions and I won't stop preaching it.
I've read some posts from Catholic apologists who apparently do not know much about the faith they acquired from their parents..

Read and free yourselves from the bondage of deceit, idolatory and religion.

What Is The Hail Mary That Catholics Say So Often?

The text of the Hail Mary prayer incorporates two Bible passages:

1. “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee" (Luke 1:28 ) -

Angel Gabriel's greetings to Mary when He came to inform her that she had been chosen to bear the Messiah.

2. ..and “Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb" (Luke 1:42 )

Elizabeth's greetings to Mary when Mary came to visit her cousin who was also pregnant at the time with John the Baptist.

3. Hail Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

(abomination! no reference, contradiction to the biblical truth)

3 noticeable abominations on prayer 3!

1. Mary is not and never was “holy.” Mary was a human being who was born, as all humans are, with a sin nature (Adam & Eve) and who recognized that she needed a Savior. (Luke 1:46-55 )...

2. Addressing Mary as the “Mother of God.” Mary was the human mother of the human Jesus Christ, who was indeed God incarnate.

But she was not the mother of God, neither is she the ”queen of heaven ,” another title given to her by a group of people which has no basis in Scripture.
God doesn’t have a mother, nor does He have a queen. He is an eternal, infinite Being, uncreated and unborn, self-sufficient and self-sustaining.

3. “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” ( 1 Timothy 2:5 )

While Mary was certainly a godly young woman greatly blessed in that she was chosen to bear the Savior of the world, she was not in any way divine, nor was she sinless, nor is she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 5:41am On Dec 05, 2013
The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God

Did you know that Mary is never mentioned in the Bible after the first chapter of Acts and there is no scriptural support for many of the Catholic doctrines that exalt Mary? Yet Mary is honored, venerated and prayed to by Catholics throughout the world.

Throughout the Bible we see that God fearing men pray only to God. Yet
Catholics are encouraged to pray to Mary and the saints. Medieval piety for Mary caused the development of the rosary which consists of 53 repetitious prayers to Mary, six prayers to God, the Father, and six prayers to the Trinity (CCC, para. 2678).

Even when God clearly states:
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God, am a jealous God ( Exodus 20:4–5).

Now the Question is:
When did Catholics begin worshipping or venerating Mary?
Centuries before Christ, the pagan world worshipped a mother goddess with a baby god in her arms. The Egyptian Madonna, Isis, carrying her little sun god, Horus, became so popular that this mother-goddess duo supplanted the worship of the father god. Once Mary was proclaimed "Queen of Heaven", the statues of Isis were carried from vacant pagan temples and installed as Christian Madonnas in the churches of Rome.

The Catholic Church teaches that Mary was a virgin before, during, and after the birth of Christ (CCC, para. 496-511). Yet there are many biblical passages to the contrary, such as Matthew 12:47 , 13:55–56 , John 7:5 , Acts 1:14 , 1 Corinthians 9:5 , and Galatians 1:19 .

Catholics also argue the references to brothers of Jesus should be interpreted as relatives.
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 6:02am On Dec 05, 2013
Lets stop deceiving ourselves with "One God" messages...

Truly, God called many BUT only few were chosen.
Hell is not meant for animals, but Satan and adamant humans who hate to hear the truth.

I am not in anyway justifying Rev Chris Okotie as I do not know his ways of life.
But the message of roman catholics which I know and understand is a sure ticket to hell fire...
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Lawconfessor(f): 6:07am On Dec 05, 2013
Ok- done?
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 6:10am On Dec 05, 2013
Law-confessor:
Ok- done?
sorry dear, I don't mean to hurt you...
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by fredx4(m): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Some doctrines in catholic are wrong but that does not mean that they are all going to hell. Praying to mary is definitely a waste of time but that does not make it a sin. Although I will also like to also point out that attending catholic limits a person's personal relationship with God and can reduce one's chance of going to heaven.
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Lawconfessor(f): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2013
Acidosis: sorry dear, I don't mean to hurt you...

Ok sweetie, ur sins re forgiven- go n sin no more grin
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Law-confessor:

Ok sweetie, ur sins re forgiven- go n sin no more grin
grin grin
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
fredx4: Some doctrines in catholic are wrong but that does not mean that they are all going to hell. Praying to mary is definitely a waste of time but that does not make it a sin. Although I will also like to also point out that attending catholic limits a person's personal relationship with God and can reduce one's chance of going to heaven.
Thanks for the input
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by UIA04(f): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
you are very correct this should be in front page to open the eyes of those who refuse to see the truth
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Mintayo(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Correct.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
UIA04: you are very correct this should be in front page to open the eyes of those who refuse to see the truth

The mods hate the truth...
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Ukutsgp(m): 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
I am present. Space booked.
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Kamsy10: Normally I don't criticize churches, I just walk away from a church when I hear sermons that are hypocritical and certainly meant for selfish interests.
People that criticize the catholic church apparently dont know jack about the catholic church.
For me I am a catholic who once left the faith and joined other churches to see if there's a better church.Note I was a devoted worker in each church I went but after hearing and learning the stuff some of those pastors preach, MEHN, I quietly went back to the catholic faith. Catholic might have some shortcomings but it's unrivalled compared to the churches I've been to. I'm so happy I retraced my steps.

Here are some of the lies you'll hear from the pulpit:

1. Tithe/offering will take you to heaven since we live in the new testament now and God keeps no record of sins. Therefore tithe/offering is what really matters now.
(Meanwhile tithing was ONLY mentioned in the old testament)
2. If you need a job, car, child etc and you're not tithing, God will not bless you. (False)
(Haba. Even pro.sti.tutes get pregnant and have children.Many CEOs don't even go to church not to talk of tithe.Rom9:15 says 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,...etc. Matt 7:7 says ask and you shall receive. Check with the richest men in the world. Again pastors have to chose which one to emphasize and which ones not to. I don't blame them sha)

3. If you tithe, you cant be sick, loose your job, get into an accident or get robbed.
(So why do they run to the bank immediately after collecting tithes and offerings to avoid robbery. And they travel oversees for medical checkups, and fly jets and move around with heavy security guards)

4. God asked me to do this, God asked me to do that . Even to the point that God asked them to divorce and marry another one.
(1cor 6:9 says no adulterer shall see the kingdom of God. God has asked you to marry and divorce 2times and heading for the third one)

5. We now live in the new testament, the old testament doesn't count anymore. so dress however you like, men perm your hair if you like to church, youths can fornicate and it doesn't count, girls can come to church naked if it makes them comfortable, just do whatever you like, since Christ has died, you don't have any problem. We now live under grace.
(ok. so why is tithe the center of the sermon everyday knowing that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament. The funny part is the same pastors will say you should not add or remove from the word of God)

6. We are the true Christians, we're emulating Christ, we're Christ-like cos we're born again.
(ok. so why is this rule not applicable to the jet flying pastors. Last time I checked, Christ didn't have a private jet and he drove those who were turning the church into a money making venture but alas our pastors will be identifying with politicians so they too can get a brown envelope. Instead of preaching to them to help create employment for the jobless youths in the church, they simply shower prayers for them and collect offering. Doesn't sound like what the Christ I know will do)

7. Christ was very rich and he wore an expensive robe that is why they cast lots on his robe to decide who should have it.
(ok. Even if the robe was expensive, so your definition of a rich man is a person who has one expensive robe. Why fabricating lies such as these against Christ just to justify the acquisition of an aircraft.

8. We need jets cos we're spreading the gospel to china,japan,america etc
(How come all your pastors in those countries are not able to run the branches for you and then report to you. I guess you're the only one called by God. Nothing is wrong with visting once in a while. Why travelling there every week or month as the case may be or are you worried about them not giving you proper account of the money they're collecting.
Also I used to think they were actually converting the indigenes of those countries, but I discovered that in most of those churches,its mostly their tribal people that actually worship there. In other words,you'll only find only Africans there. Note: I've been to a few countries,and they've bn the same so far)

9.Catholics are doing confessions, blessing holy water, burning incense, worshipping images, and giving holy communion, therefore they are hell bound.
(Why do they have counseling sessions on a particular day of the week where the member tells them about his past life and and how they want God to forgive them and they want to turn a new live and They pray for him/her. Sorry that is not confession, it is called counseling. Did I mention that they carry the stickers of their pastor and his family on their cars, pictures in their homes, offices EVEN ON THEIR BIBLES. Did I mention that they now bless and give holy communion. Confirm from redeemed and winners chapel.
Also they bless handkerchiefs and carry them around like juju or otumokpor

10. God told me to start my own church that's why I started this church
( No problem but why do you become a stumbling block when one of your pastors receives the same vision and wants to start his own. Some even go as far as cursing the person. )

My point is "the last day will be full of surprises but I pray that God will have mercy on all of us" AMEN
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
Acidosis, what's your problem with the Catholic Church? Can't you guys just leave us alone? You are not holier than the Catholics! Na wa o! This just the reason I don't visit this section. Too many hypocrites displaying their "my church better pass their church" attitude. Smh. angry
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2013
@Kamsy10

So you left those churches cos you found out some errors?
Its good you did, honestly..

But why didn't you leave the catholic church when you read about 'Fathers' commiting fraud and se.xual sins?

BTW, do you have to exaggerate events? lie about things you didn't witness personally?
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2013
berem: Acidosis, what's your problem with the Catholic Church?
False doctrine

Can't you guys just leave us alone?
Nope, proclaiming Christ is a primary assignment

You are not holier than the Catholics! Na wa o!
Unfortunately, I'm not competing with any one.

Btw, do not mistake 'white garments' and 'slow motions' with Holiness. smiley
If you do not accept Jesus christ as your Lord & ONLY personal Saviour, you are not holy.
Character + Charisma + Religion - Jesus' Teachings = Hell Fire
smiley

This just the reason I don't visit this section. Too many hypocrites displaying their "my church better pass their church" attitude. Smh. angry

I've never mentioned the name of my church on Nairaland.
I do not proclaim church, but CHRIST - The hope of our salvation.
smiley
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by philfearon(m): 8:59am On Dec 06, 2013
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!!
There are Thousands of books saying the Catholic did this,and Catholic did that right from time immemorial,What has been achieved?
Unity Thats what the Catholic still have stronger than ever,UNITY!!
Even a little urchin like you cant break that!! Keep Frustrating Yourself,and as usual,Keep Yourself busy with The Catholic things!!
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 11:08am On Dec 06, 2013
philfearon: Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!!
There are Thousands of books saying the Catholic did this,and Catholic did that right from time immemorial,What has been achieved?
Unity Thats what the Catholic still have stronger than ever,UNITY!!
Even a little urchin like you cant break that!! Keep Frustrating Yourself,and as usual,Keep Yourself busy with The Catholic things!!

unity? so?
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by philfearon(m): 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
Acidosis:

unity? so?
So,You can walk to hell and come back with The Biggest Sound system in the World,shouting on top of Your voice,and yet there wont be Division!!
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Acidosis(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
philfearon:
So,You can walk to hell and come back with The Biggest Sound system in the World,shouting on top of Your voice,and yet there wont be Division!!

I don't need to walk up to hell and come back..
(everything you need to know about hell and heaven is in the bible)
Pick up your bible and study the books of Acts & Revelation...

ooops! I forgot... do you make use of the bible at all?
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by philfearon(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Acidosis:

I don't need to walk up to hell and come back..
(everything you need to know about hell and heaven is in the bible)
Pick up your bible and study the books of Acts & Revelation...

ooops! I forgot... do you make use of the bible at all?
With this,its clear you have a comprehension problem!!
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
philfearon:
With this,its clear you have a comprehension problem!!

Normally I don't criticize churches, I just walk away from a church when I hear sermons that are hypocritical and certainly meant for selfish interests.
People that criticize the catholic church apparently dont know jack about the catholic church.
For me I am a catholic who once left the faith and joined other churches to see if there's a better church.Note I was a devoted worker in each church I went but after hearing and learning the stuff some of those pastors preach, MEHN, I quietly went back to the catholic faith. Catholic might have some shortcomings but it's unrivalled compared to the churches I've been to. I'm so happy I retraced my steps.

Here are some of the lies you'll hear from the pulpit:

1. Tithe/offering will take you to heaven since we live in the new testament now and God keeps no record of sins. Therefore tithe/offering is what really matters now.
(Meanwhile tithing was ONLY mentioned in the old testament)
2. If you need a job, car, child etc and you're not tithing, God will not bless you. (False)
(Haba. Even pro.sti.tutes get pregnant and have children.Many CEOs don't even go to church not to talk of tithe.Rom9:15 says 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,...etc. Matt 7:7 says ask and you shall receive. Check with the richest men in the world. Again pastors have to chose which one to emphasize and which ones not to. I don't blame them sha)

3. If you tithe, you cant be sick, loose your job, get into an accident or get robbed.
(So why do they run to the bank immediately after collecting tithes and offerings to avoid robbery. And they travel oversees for medical checkups, and fly jets and move around with heavy security guards)

4. God asked me to do this, God asked me to do that . Even to the point that God asked them to divorce and marry another one.
(1cor 6:9 says no adulterer shall see the kingdom of God. God has asked you to marry and divorce 2times and heading for the third one)

5. We now live in the new testament, the old testament doesn't count anymore. so dress however you like, men perm your hair if you like to church, youths can fornicate and it doesn't count, girls can come to church naked if it makes them comfortable, just do whatever you like, since Christ has died, you don't have any problem. We now live under grace.
(ok. so why is tithe the center of the sermon everyday knowing that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament. The funny part is the same pastors will say you should not add or remove from the word of God)

6. We are the true Christians, we're emulating Christ, we're Christ-like cos we're born again.
(ok. so why is this rule not applicable to the jet flying pastors. Last time I checked, Christ didn't have a private jet and he drove those who were turning the church into a money making venture but alas our pastors will be identifying with politicians so they too can get a brown envelope. Instead of preaching to them to help create employment for the jobless youths in the church, they simply shower prayers for them and collect offering. Doesn't sound like what the Christ I know will do)

7. Christ was very rich and he wore an expensive robe that is why they cast lots on his robe to decide who should have it.
(ok. Even if the robe was expensive, so your definition of a rich man is a person who has one expensive robe. Why fabricating lies such as these against Christ just to justify the acquisition of an aircraft.

8. We need jets cos we're spreading the gospel to china,japan,america etc
(How come all your pastors in those countries are not able to run the branches for you and then report to you. I guess you're the only one called by God. Nothing is wrong with visting once in a while. Why travelling there every week or month as the case may be or are you worried about them not giving you proper account of the money they're collecting.
Also I used to think they were actually converting the indigenes of those countries, but I discovered that in most of those churches,its mostly their tribal people that actually worship there. In other words,you'll only find only Africans there. Note: I've been to a few countries,and they've bn the same so far)

9.Catholics are doing confessions, blessing holy water, burning incense, worshipping images, and giving holy communion, therefore they are hell bound.
(Why do they have counseling sessions on a particular day of the week where the member tells them about his past life and and how they want God to forgive them and they want to turn a new live and They pray for him/her. Sorry that is not confession, it is called counseling. Did I mention that they carry the stickers of their pastor and his family on their cars, pictures in their homes, offices EVEN ON THEIR BIBLES. Did I mention that they now bless and give holy communion. Confirm from redeemed and winners chapel.
Also they bless handkerchiefs and carry them around like juju or otumokpor

10. God told me to start my own church that's why I started this church
( No problem but why do you become a stumbling block when one of your pastors receives the same vision and wants to start his own. Some even go as far as cursing the person. )

My point is "the last day will be full of surprises but I pray that God will have mercy on all of us" AMEN

1 Like

Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by philfearon(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Kamsy ,God bless You bro......
What they are all good at is countering Doctrines and alwaz available to Spew "Catholic did this or that Catholic did that!".....Spew on!
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
onimcee1: Wen I read d full text of pastor Okotie's controversial sermon, I started laughing & I just wondered why so many pple ar going haywire because of it. Haba, pple, we shld be bigger than somethings. I've decided 2 dissect his "sermon" & say somtin on dem in bits. Enjoy.
OKOTIE: "They are not Christians and have never been,"
ME: If Catholics hav neva been Christians, den Okotie is also not a Christian. History tells us dat d 1st non-Catholic Christian community is the Anglican Church which began in 1536, hence, until only about 500yrs ago, wat was known as Christianity was in fact, Catholicity. All oda churches started breaking away frm diz two afta dis tym. Whr did Okotie get his Christianity from?
OKOTIE: "They don't know Jesus. They believe that when they eat bread on Sundays, they are eating the body of Jesus. It's ritual."
ME: If Okotie is referring 2 anoda Jesus aside d historical/biblical Jesus, den he is ryt - Catholics dnt knw "Jesus". But if he is referring 2 d Jesus who walked d face of dis earth & who we read about in d Bible, den obviously, dis man who calls himself pastor has not read John 6:51-56, Mat 26:26-28. If a "man of God" is not conversant wit at least Mat 1:1 to Jn 21:26 dat deals wit d life & tyms of Jesus d Master, den I wonder wat he's doin at a pulpit.
OKOTIE: "It is only a matter of time before the Catholic church comes out to declare full service to Satan."
ME: Good enough, that has not happened in about two millenia. Why would the Catholic Church have to wait for so long to do dis? I don't tink d devil has such patience.
OKOTIE: "They do not serve the same Christ I preach about in the bible."
ME: Of course we do not serve the same Christ! Why should we serve a christ who encourages divorce? Why should we serve a christ who is comfortable seeing his "preacher man" neglect the message of d cross solely 4 dat of prosperity? Why shld we serve a christ who lies 2 & deceives his ministers? Chris Okotie has announced frequently in recent times that God has anointed him to be president of Nigeria. Alas, the prophecy hasn't come to fruition yet, as he has lost in the two presidential elections he contested in. But dis stands in sharp contrast 2 d words of Jesus in Mat 25:35. So, I say Okotie is right! Catholics do not serve his christ.
Finally, my advice 2 u all is in Col 2:4 & Mat 7:15
So I AM PROUD TO BE A CATHOLIC. Full final full stop!

1 Like

Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Acidosis: @Kamsy10

So you left those churches cos you found out some errors?
Its good you did, honestly..

But why didn't you leave the catholic church when you read about 'Fathers' commiting fraud and se.xual sins?

BTW, do you have to exaggerate events? lie about things you didn't witness personally?

To answer your question please tell me your church,perhaps I can narrow things down to your church.

why would i lie on God's stuff like that. U are the one who need to pray for your END TIME pastors.
MY TWO EARS HEARD THESE THINGS O SO I RAN BACK TO CATHOLIC CHURCH SHARP SHARP. I NO FIT SHOUT FOR THESE PASTORS TURNING MY BIBLE UPSIDE DOWN TO SCHEME MONEY FROM THE GULLIBLE CONGREGATION.

How do you explain the emphasis your jet flying pastors place on tithe yet few minutes later they say we're now under grace because Christ has died. ANYWAY THE JETS GAT TO BE MAINTAINED
Imagine a pastor LIEING from the pulpit that non-tithers will not make heaven cos they are robbing God and robbers wont go to heaven. Tithe I repeat was ONLY mentioned in the old testament but all of a sudden, the pastor who is claiming new testament grace RUNS quickly to old testament to scheme the people about tithe.

Then they call the tithers(which are the only holy ones in church) and pray for them specially

Also How do you explain God telling your pastor okotie to marry twice, divorce twice and head for the third one?

God is watching all of you

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by frakdon(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
And hw many hv come to u so u can proclaim d Lord's msg to them? U should becareful,''''
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by lumeviewscom: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
[b]I've attended Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal... They all have their flaws.

Truth is I no longer care about whether it's Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh or what have you. I've come close to adopting Atheism several times in my quest for answers but something keeps holding me back as a part of me still believes in God simply because Science has no clear answers for the beginning of mankind and the universe in general (Theory of Evolution is crap). When I want to pray, I simply begin with "Father in Heaven" or "The God that created me" because I don't even know where to pitch my tent anymore. As far as I am concerned, whoever is my creator is my God. The rest can go look at one big bush!

My house is my church now. I don't need any pastor to get through to God when I can talk to HIM directly whenever I want.

@Acidosis: Speaking about hell, I think God loves us too much to create a special fire where the bad ones will burn for eternity.
Think of it this way, God is our Father and creator, right?
Now, is there any crime or sin you will commit that will make your earthly parents throw you in a pit of fire? Remember our earthly parents are human. If the love our human parents have for us is that great, how much more the creator of the universe. It's just logic. And yes, God gave us free-will to do what we want. If an individual then decides to do evil and is thrown into "hellfire", then how is that free-will?[/b]
Re: Rev. Chris Okotie Is Right. The Sermon Of Roman Catholics Is A Key To Hell by Dyt(f): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Acidosis
What's with you and hell? Are u so obsessed with the word hell?
Why judging other peoples religion
Kini tie gan
Haba
And this your hatred for catholics na wa

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Chosen Crusade Coming Up At AKURE, Ondo State / Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak / Sarah Jakes And Her New Husband, Pastor Toure Roberts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.