Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? (1322 Views)

Free Tutorials - Learn Domain Bussiness(a Goldmine) And Make Dollars Online. / Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
If you were given a million dollars today, what would you do with it?

The common response is "I'll invest it." Such response is too vague and sometimes not as realistic as we think. If you think investing it is the way to go, where would you invest it?

If I have a million bucks right now, I'll pay off all our student loans (yes, we've got some of those) any other debts, change my wife's car, invest in start-ups like Goal Recorder, invest in real estate, and save about five percent.

That's my list for now. It may change at any moment but this is how I think I'd use the money right now.

How about you? Would you want to travel the world, do something fun, and/or make specific investments?

Leave your thoughts in the comment section.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/question-of-day-what-would-you-do-with.html
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by albacete(m): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
Get a very comfortable home + house, get a nice ride, maybe a Benz, invest in real estate, make some fixed deposits and then save the rest.

Poultry business and mechanized agriculture will not be left out too.
Seems i want to be a Jack of all trade. LOL

U wan dash me small money make i take start up? Just 1% of the said sum ($10,000) will do smiley
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
albacete: Get a very comfortable home + house, get a nice ride, maybe a Benz, invest in real estate, make some fixed deposits and then save the rest.

Poultry business and mechanized agriculture will not be left out too.
Seems i want to be a Jack of all trade. LOL

U wan dash me small money make i take start up? Just 1% of the said sum ($10,000) will do smiley

hahaha.....Albacete, make you begin visit and comment on the blog. When I hammer, I'll definitely remember you. If you notice, most comment are on Nairaland and no love on the blog.

Thanks for your honesty about how you'd use the money.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by prymesolution: 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
I don't have all the digits but I intend to: invest into my business, build a school and a clinic in third world, pay bills and my mortgage, get a new car and savings, help others: family, church, friends, strangers. I'm not under the mosaic law because Jesus has fulfilled the law. So, no tithe for me. It sounds like I'll need more than a million wink
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by jamace(m): 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
I will invest everything in stocks/shares.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
prymesolution: I don't have all the digits but I intend to: invest into my business, build a school and a clinic in third world, pay bills and my mortgage, get a new car and savings, help others: family, church, friends, strangers. I'm not under the mosaic law because Jesus has fulfilled the law. So, no tithe for me. It sounds like I'll need more than a million wink
cool
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
jamace: I will invest everything in stocks/shares.
You'd invest everything? No even spoil yourself a little? wink
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by jamace(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
infonubia:
You'd invest everything? No even spoil yourself a little? wink
Money is a visitor that is why I will invest it first. Enjoyment will be from the interest. I will make sure that at any time in my life, the initial capital remains invested.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
jamace: Money is a visitor that is why I will invest it first. Enjoyment will be from the interest. I will make sure that at any time in my life, the initial capital remains invested.
Well said!
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by albacete(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2013
infonubia:

hahaha.....Albacete, make you begin visit and comment on the blog. When I hammer, I'll definitely remember you. If you notice, most comment are on Nairaland and no love on the blog.

Thanks for your honesty about how you'd use the money.

Nice blog, a lot of stuff up there to read about. But i am having some issues with my gmail. Will visit more often. Cheers!
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by pappilo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
£700,000.

I'll pay of my current mortgages: £260,000
Buy a Range Rover Evoque for wifey: £40,000
Buy a Yamaha R6 and proper bike gear for self: £12,000
Put £100,000 each in a trust fund for my kids: £200,000
Major refurb of my crib: £20,000
Treasury bills: £100,000 (this should give me £10k/ annum returns)
Put the remaining: £70,000 in my account and I go just dey maintain till I retire
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 2:40am On Dec 14, 2013
pappilo: £700,000.

Put the remaining: £70,000 in my account and I go just dey maintain till I retire

I like the fact that you kept it real. nice one.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 2:42am On Dec 14, 2013
albacete:

Nice blog, a lot of stuff up there to read about. But i am having some issues with my gmail. Will visit more often. Cheers!

Dude, you just made my day! Thank you for checking out the blog. You are really appreciated! I hope the gmail issues get resolved quickly. I really need comments on the blog.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by albacete(m): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2013
infonubia:

Dude, you just made my day! Thank you for checking out the blog. You are really appreciated! I hope the gmail issues get resolved quickly. I really need comments on the blog.
kk boss.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by albacete(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2013
pappilo: £700,000.

This, ^ makes sense.

But if the world was to end tomorrow, maybe a Lamborghini and Rolls Royce wouldn't be such a bad choice. smiley
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by Sunglow: 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
prymesolution: I don't have all the digits but I intend to: invest into my business, build a school and a clinic in third world, pay bills and my mortgage, get a new car and savings, help others: family, church, friends, strangers. I'm not under the mosaic law because Jesus has fulfilled the law. So, no tithe for me. It sounds like I'll need more than a million wink
My dear tithing came before the law.Abraham was the 1st person to tithe,Moses came after Abraham, so tithing continues winkpeace
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sunglow: My dear tithing came before the law.Abraham was the 1st person to tithe,Moses came after Abraham, so tithing continues winkpeace
Let's not turn this into a tithe discussion. Too many threads in the religion section for that already. Although I completely disagree with ur reasoning on tithe, I'd much rather avoid the issue on this forum.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
albacete:

This, ^ makes sense.

But if the world was to end tomorrow, maybe a Lamborghini and Rolls Royce wouldn't be such a bad choice. smiley
Lol....
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by farano(f): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2013
I will build a school, get professional help, attract n retain first rate teachers who r passionate abt education. Then create a big buzz about my new school. Ohh shopping things on my calm mind 2 wink
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by elvis10ten(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
1)Get a very good laptop ($2000)
2)Get a good netbook ($1000)
3)Get a solar panel and an inverter (don't know the price)
4)Get any android phone (probably samsung s5).
5)Get ps4
6)Purchase alot of computer science books and dvds
7)Save the rest. I would invest them in my start up. Any idea i come up with.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 1:56am On Dec 16, 2013
elvis10ten: 1)Get a very good laptop ($2000)
2)Get a good netbook ($1000)
3)Get a solar panel and an inverter (don't know the price)
4)Get any android phone (probably samsung s5).
5)Get ps4
6)Purchase alot of computer science books and dvds
7)Save the rest. I would invest them in my start up. Any idea i come up with.

Fair enough.
Re: What Would You Do With A Million Dollars? by infonubia(m): 4:42am On Dec 16, 2013
@farano:
I will build a school, get professional help, attract n retain first rate teachers who r passionate abt education. Then create a big buzz about my new school. Ohh shopping things on my calm mind 2 wink

Education is a good and rewarding investment. Good choice!

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Start Mining Your Own Bitcoin Here / How Investment In The Billion Coin (tbc) Will Give You Financial Freedom / Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.