Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating (15138 Views)

Microsoft To Replace Internet Explorer With A New Web Browser, 'spartan'. / Meet Cortana By Microsoft / Nokia's Handset Business Bought By Microsoft For €5.44bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by cumpaddre(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
GEJ needs to set up a committee to look into this bra.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Joe50(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
i wont' allowed my babe to wear it...
another way to get infected.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by mazizitonene(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
Buy for ur gf...hold d fone grin hope say we fit watch video grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by manny4life(m): 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
When a corporation has lost ideas, they resort to mockery of their own institutional foundation. Microsoft has lost touch on IT reality, I would have preferred if they formed a subsidiary company to release this innovation... Anyway sha, anything for their company... I'm not hating. grin
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by free2ryhme: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
infonubia: [img]http://4.bp..com/-W__DfkBsFFE/UqDw3a0fZDI/AAAAAAAADYw/--frM3vbaG8/s640/smart-bra.jpg[/img]

While Google, Samsung, and Apple are busy with smartphones, smartwatches, and smartglasses, Microsoft has been working on bringing artificial intelligence to a wearable device that's a little bit more intimate - a new 'smart' bra for women!

The giant tech company has developed a smart-bra that its researchers say is used to help prevent women from over-eating when stressed.

The hi-tech bra measures the wearer’s heart rate and breathing and alerts them when their stress levels are rising by sending a Bluetooth alert to their smartphone.

Senior Microsoft researcher Mary Czerwinski hopes the bra will make women think twice before opening the fridge.

‘It’s mostly women who are emotional over-eaters and it turns out a bra is perfect for measuring the heart,’ she told Discovery News.

‘We tried to do the same thing for men’s underwear but it was too far away.’

Reaction to the bra on Twitter ranged from amusement to annoyance.Microsoft develops ‘smart’ bra

"Anyone else offended that Microsoft is devoting its tech research to a bra designed to prevent women from overeating?" tweeted a Seattle woman whose Twitter handle is @cunningminx.

Added Rachel Happe of Boston, "If nothing else convinces you we need more women in tech, this should. No, I don't want someone hacking my bra..."

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/microsoft-smart-bra-will-stop-women-from-overeating-4217113/

Is technology taking things a bit too far or is this a welcomed development? Have your say!

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/microsoft-develops-smart-bra-to-prevent.html

another method for spreading breast cancer
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by LadyH(f): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
greatwaters: Just like this post for no damn reason.
But if you are looking for a reason, well, here's one:
I AM NOT FIRST TO COMMENT.
nsogbu di!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by LadyH(f): 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
cumpaddre: GEJ needs to set up a committee to look into this bra.
wat shall d committee be named??
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hmn!
God is great.
Hope this will not give rise to another killer ailment.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by keston: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
I just dey wonder
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by greatwaters: 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
LadyH: nsogbu di!

You are totally wrong, its completely nsogbu-less
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by ichommy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
kolawaxxy: I hope the users won't be at risk of having breast cancer.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by couthy: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
mtcewwwwwwwww. Naija women,ladies, damsels, girls, babes and females.....PLEASE BE CAREFUL. THE FEAR OF CANCER IS THE REHEARSAL TO START OF THE END............. Cancer of the breast,cancer of the heart,cancer of the lungs,cancer of the kidney..ati be be lo(etc). e beta make una no wear bra at all ooooooo
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by kolubo(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mehnn! See traffic guys no dey take ear hear b**bs and bra.

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by mfonjones: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
aba go do am jorh . Them no nid no research
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by mrcassanova(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
"Based on these results, we conclude that building a wearable, physiological system is feasible," the scientists said. "However, we will continue to explore how to build a robust, real-world system that stands up to every day challenges with regards to battery life, comfortability, and being suitable for both men and women."

http://infolodge.net/blog/blog/2013/12/08/microsoft-working-smart-bra-women/

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Gabreal1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Could this be a sign of end time?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Gabreal1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Could this be a sign of end time? God forgive me oo!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by ikhuoria2(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by LadyH(f): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
greatwaters:
You are totally wrong, its completely nsogbu-less
mba ooo. dis one is nsogbu-full.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by mariblizzy(f): 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
infonubia:
It seem like you are cool with the idea. Nice!
lol
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by donlino9: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
End time things
End time bra!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by dharamanil(m): 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Does it also tell howmany time a males hand plays in the bra cos dat would have been good for relationship security...#justsaying
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by pendusky(m): 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
if you cant make it to south Africa sign Nland's Mandela condolence register here
https://www.nairaland.com/1548022/nairaland-condolence-register-nelson-mandella
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'm stress eating right now...and its not funny... I wish I had the bra.. cry cry cry
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Yemlizzy(f): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Technology is really gonna take us places.With the fact that Nigeria is still a developing country where the uneducated and poverty stricken citizenry will feel that by such invention the world may come to and end simply because they are uninformed,ignorant and possess a very cold reception in welcoming new changes and developments.All the same nice development!

1 Like

Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Joe50: i wont' allowed my babe to wear it...
another way to get infected.
oh my days!
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Ijayzbrainz: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'll inform Cossy about this.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Edimpaul(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bosom cancer tinzzzzz
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by deols(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
Is it disposable or one to wash and rewear?

any fear of electrocution?

Carbohydrates are good for relieving stress.Hence the chocolate mantra. I wonder why microsoft wants to deny us that. Not everyone wants to be skinny.
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by greatwaters: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
LadyH: mba ooo. dis one is nsogbu-full.
Ke kwanu nsogbu di n'ime ya?
Re: 'Smart Bra' By Microsoft To Stop Women From Stress-related Overeating by Caseless: 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
boobi must be encased to avoid sagging and hogging. i'm an addict, and this a goodnews for boobi lovers like me...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spacex CEO Elon Musk To Send Japanese Billionaire To The Moon On It’s New Rocket / How Can I Connect My TV To External Speakers? / 5 Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Use Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.