Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat (19521 Views)

Punctuality In Salat / 8 Basic Errors Muslims Make When Paying Zakat Al-fitr / The Prophet's Way Of Correcting People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by MKO4ever(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Noted
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by xage(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
I feel like hugging you all...lots of rewards are being bagged here..@lanrelax jazakalahu khairan
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by shahydbinaliyu(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2015
visit shahydcharming. . . its purely an islamic site. drop your reviews please
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Rajman45(m): 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
lanrexlan:

If I get your question very well,do you mean you didn't complete the Taslim? i.e. Instead of saying Assalam alaikum warahmatullah,you just said 'Assalam alaikum'? You only make up for missed rakat or if you add a rakat.You don't make up for incomplete Taslim and your prayer is very intact.
The Imam must have completed his own Taslim before you can say yours.If the Imam has concluded the prayer by saying the Taslim and you are still reciting your Tashahhud(Attahyat),you don't have to be in a hurry to say your Taslim immediately after the Imam.Complete your Tashahhud even if the Imam has completed his Taslim few seconds before.
Hope you get my answer? If not,you can re-frame your question bro.
Assalam alaiku, just a little observation. When the imam is fast in his taslim or any aspect of the salat, it is obligatory to be fast as well. U don't stay longer in any aspect of the salat after the imam has concluded his.... For instance, when the imam is on ruku, will u wait a little longer because u have not finish ur dua (subhana rabi Azim wa bi hamdul) no, u follow him immediately. Allah knows best
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Rajman45(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rajman45:

Assalam alaiku, just a little observation. When the imam is fast in his taslim, Tashahhud(Attahyat) or any aspect of the salat, it is obligatory to be fast as well. U don't stay longer in any aspect of the salat after the imam has concluded his.... For instance, when the imam is on ruku, will u wait a little longer because u have not finish ur dua (subhana rabi Azim wa bi hamdul) no, u follow him immediately. Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
@Lanxenlan, Jazakumunllahu Khairan and Jumu'at Mubaraq to all muslim brothers and sisters. Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by YoBoyfwend(m): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
Slm brothers..

Ђ๏ฬ do I make my prayers regular, I've had tђe problem of completing my five daily prayers.. And it hurts..

Άήy suggestions?

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by arewatech(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
YoBoyfwend:
Slm brothers..

Ђ๏ฬ do I make my prayers regular, I've had tђe problem of completing my five daily prayers.. And it hurts..

Άήy suggestions?

Salam Alaikum,

3 years back, i had a problem completing salats. I was at school then.

What fixed me was regular listening of Quran on my phone, car radio and PC. In anything I do (except places with najasa), I listened to Quran. My iman increased and now I get bored of whatever I'm doing during salaat time.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by YoBoyfwend(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
arewatech:

Salam Alaikum,

3 years back, i had a problem completing salats. I was at school then.

What fixed me was regular listening of Quran on my phone, car radio and PC. In anything I do (except places with najasa), I listened to Quran. My iman increased and now I get bored of whatever I'm doing during salaat time.
thankyou so so much, I would try it...

3 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by hasmuz(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
Allah bless you that created this thread and Allah bless you all that commented on it... I've learnt a lot from you guys within the few mins i spared to go through this thread. Jazakumllahi khairan!

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
Do lots of istigfar.... That will surely increase your concentration.. Stop listening to music. Listen to tafsir' Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Rajman45(m): 7:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
YoBoyfwend:
Slm brothers..

Άήy suggestions?
In addition brother, pls try surrounding urself among practicing Muslim brothers and sisters. People that are always reminding you about Islam and the values of observing salat. Lastly.... Get closer to a mosque around you, which practice admonition from time to time. This works for me, i pray it works for you too. May Allah (swa) increase our iman and make us vanguard of Al-Islam and a better Muslim. Allah knows best
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by seek4usman: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Can you please send me (seek4usman@gmail.com) ur email address. I have a document I would like to share with u on the topic in question.
Suleiman Usman
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by dyfatai(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
jazakallah to all the contributors of this post.

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by eluquenson(m): 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
This info is very interesting and relevant .
May Allah accept our ibadah & salat....amin

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by YoBoyfwend(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rajman45:

In addition brother, pls try surrounding urself among practicing Muslim brothers and sisters. People that are always reminding you about Islam and the values of observing salat. Lastly.... Get closer to a mosque around you, which practice admonition from time to time. This works for me, i pray it works for you too. May Allah (swa) increase our iman and make us vanguard of Al-Islam and a better Muslim. Allah knows best
amin.. Thankss alot
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by usermane(m): 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
Salaam.

I 'll like to draw our attention to something else since the earlier questions have been treated.

This question goes to those reciting Qur'an chapters back to God in their salah. Salah mean invoking or communicating with your Lord. It is a way of addressing God besides du'a/supplication. There are lots of verses that covers stories, prophesies, description and laws in the Qur'an. Take for instance, Suratul Quraysh

1. For the taming of the Quraish,

2. the (Quraish) caravans to set forth safe in winter, and in summer,

3. So let them worship the Lord of this House.

4. Who has fed them against hunger, and has made them safe from fear.

These were verses revealed to be recited to mankind. How then can you recite the same thing back to the Revealer?

Let see Suratul Kafirun.

1. (Qul)Say (O Muhammad ): "O disbelievers

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion.

Those were words Muhammad was ordered to say to the disbelievers. The use of the word 'Qul'(Say) at the start of the chapter confirms this. How can you then stand before God and say these same words back to God, even starting with 'Qul', are you commanding God to say those words?

Another Chapter, like Suratul Khaf or Yusuf is full of narration of earlier time events, when you recite these chapters in your salat, it is akin to narrating those events back to God, the original narrator.

Does any of these sound logical?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by vedaxcool(m): 8:00am On Mar 29, 2015
^^
He is better ignored as he seems to be one who poses as a muslim to undermine Islam and give letigitimacy to his views, I remember immediately after the NL blackout, the same individual proclaimed he is not a muslim but in some sort of new age cult, this statement he made in the complaint section, but was hidden by the moderator! My point is he clearly is a confusionist hell bent on perverting the message of Islam. His views deserve censure as it is no different from atheist logicboy attempts at some point ro form what he called Logic Islam, mac immediately chased away such foolery from this section. The same treatment should be extended, there is a difference between making criticism and fabricating lies and then pushing it as the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by AlBaqir(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
Empiree:
Salat is obligatory and Quran is to be recited......in Arabic. What you doing is not negotiable. There is no reasoning with wack ideology.

Cc: maclatunji albaqir tbaba1234 kazlaw2000 sino jarus ayinba1 9jaforlife roypcain Vedaxcool abuamam Eninn Rilwayne001 tola9ja tartar9

@Bold, so you don't bother too much with his wack ideology.

As-Salat is described in Surah al-Ankabut as a great remembrance (of Allah) - Dhikrillahi akbar. The word Dhikr (Remembrance) is among the names of the Qur'an revealed by Allah. Indeed Qur'an is full of remembrance of God.

During Salat, Muslims are expected to focus and concentrate in the "remembrance of Allah". Reciting the "Remembrance of Allah (Qur'an)" during the course of "greater Remembrance of Allah (Salat)" does rationally makes sense.

Salat is systematic that an Imam is appointed to lead. He is saddled with the responsibility of reminding the Ma'moon (followers) with the "remembrance of Allah (Quran)". Here, you see God-conscious people crying in the course of "greater remembrance (Salat)".

What we recite in Ruku, Sujud, and every steps are equally "remembrance of Allah".
This makes a lot of sense putting aside various hadith and seerah that testified the age-long practice of Quranic recitation in the Qiyam (standing) during salat. What he (username) should be advocating for should have been enjoining Muslims to understand the meaning of what they recite.

Wa Salam alaykum brother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
^ He's simply not interested in Muslims practices. He wants to change or revise Islam altogether. Before, he used to say it's not mandatory to recite Quran in Arabic in solat.

But his comment up there yesterday is off. He's simply saying not to recite Quran. That's why I think he doesn't want to be reasoned with.

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by usermane(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
AlBaqir:

@Bold, so you don't bother too much with his wack ideology.

You 've been one of 'em, haven't you?

As-Salat is described in Surah al-Ankabut as a great remembrance (of Allah) - Dhikrillahi akbar. The word Dhikr (Remembrance) is among the names of the Qur'an revealed by Allah. Indeed Qur'an is full of remembrance of God.

During Salat, Muslims are expected to focus and concentrate in the "remembrance of Allah". Reciting the "Remembrance of Allah (Qur'an)" during the course of "greater Remembrance of Allah (Salat)" does rationally makes sense.

Salat is systematic that an Imam is appointed to lead. He is saddled with the responsibility of reminding the Ma'moon (followers) with the "remembrance of Allah (Quran)". Here, you see God-conscious people crying in the course of "greater remembrance (Salat)".

What we recite in Ruku, Sujud, and every steps are equally "remembrance of Allah".

Wa Salam alaykum brother.

No doubt, salat does reminds one of God. But it is not all about remembrance of God. It originate from 'salla' which mean to contact, connect or link to. When we perform Salat, we invoke or talk to God bearing in mind that he is hearing and responding. Reciting verses narrating an event, discussing a personality or prophesying a miracle defies this logic. Of course, it reminds one of God, but that state of contact or communication between man and God that salat means, is missing.

You don't narrate a story to God, you don't address God with words like 'Say', which commences several verses or chapters in Qur'an. You don't recount laws from your scripture to God. You glorify, praise and thank God when you stand before him.

PLUS: Certain verses of the Qur'an like Chapter one does address God directly and so are perfect for salat. The reverse is the case for most Quranic verses that most Muslims memorize and recite in their salat.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
@ HAkorehdeh: is someone jealous of you grin

@usermane: did God of Abraham complain to you about recitation of Quran in salat
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by HAkorehdeh(m): 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
Empiree:
@ HAkorehdeh: is someone jealous of you grin

@usermane: did God of Abraham complain to you about recitation of Quran in salat
I still don't know why you might have asked me the question. This is my first post in this section, I guess.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ref to your profile pix. Never mind. Just chilling grin
HAkorehdeh:
I still don't know why you might have asked me the question. This is my first post in this section, I guess.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
Empiree:
Ref to your profile pix. Never mind. Just chilling grin
I just like it that way, thanks anyway.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by 9jaforlife: 12:44am On Mar 30, 2015
Empiree:
Usermane, your tricks are satanic. I for once not suprised. Our prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his household) already warned us against tricks of Dajjal (anti-Christ) and his boss Satan (including their vagabond among humans and Jinn). That they will try to take away religion from us.

Qur'an is what we are told to recite. Your idealogy will eventualy lead you to kufr. You want to trick uninformed folks.

Listen, I frown at mac for banning you sometimes last year. I can sense the reason why he should do it again. Keep your shaytan whispering interpretation of Islam to yourself. And if we dont recite Qur'an in Salat what else?. Salat is obligatory and Quran is to be recited......in Arabic. What you doing is not negotiable. There is no reasoning with wack ideology. I saw your other thread as well on "religious jerk" as you call it. I chose to ignore. The elderly man told you the truth. He did the right thing.

But with the way you carry on, surely, you are being influenced greatly and satanically. Like a sheikh once said that we can not accuse someone of this or that aqeeda(creed) until it becomes permanent in his(her) heart. Truly, you have proved to all that you have anti-islam agenda which is permanent in your heart. You frequently attack obligatory duties in Islam...claming you know better than entire ulama. And you are the only one who knows better.

Sometimes, I disagree with maclatuniji quietly for banning you. Now, please give me a reason why he shouldn't delete your silly threads in the name of diverse opinion?. I think MODS need to keep tab on you. You trying to corrupt innocent mind. You have attacked basically all obligatory duties in Islam not just social justice or political aspect of the religion. If you had stayed on that I wont go against you. But you constantly attacked wajib and twisting it. Soon you will say Ramadan (date) should be fixed or interpolated like Jewish people did or xmas. You are being led by your nose. May Allah Himself condemn your efforts Amin

Cc: maclatunji albaqir tbaba1234 kazlaw2000 sino jarus ayinba1 9jaforlife roypcain Vedaxcool abuamam Eninn Rilwayne001 tola9ja tartar9

Like someone rightly put it: he's either a hypocrite Muslim or a non-Muslim. I think the latter is right!

1 Like

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 1:47am On Mar 30, 2015
9jaforlife:

Like someone rightly put it: he's either a hypocrite Muslim or a non-Muslim. I think the latter is right!
I sincerely refrain from making that declaration out of respect for him. I dont want to be hypothetical. But he doesn't give a me chance to prove him right. I know some brothers already said he's not muslim. That's why ayinba1 emphatically asked him if he's a muslim?. He said 'yes'. But when i was active on NL early 2014 and noticed the way he talks, i asked him same question, he said he's not. He goes back n fourth trying to create confusion. In my opinion, i think he's being sadistic.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Talkingboy: 7:04am On Jan 22, 2018
Salam alaykum,

Pls I was observing Subhi one time and after the first rakah , I sat and was reciting tashahud , I realized my mistake immediately and stood up to bring the second rakah .

After that , I got to the real tashahud and I had it in ma to say ma Sujudu (when u reduce solah)before making Teslim , but as Allah will have it , I forgot and I made Teslim(Salaama)....

After which I remembered , I was confused on what to do afterwards , Please what would I have done ?
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Empiree: 4:16am On Jan 23, 2018
Talkingboy ^^

I think you need to properly rephrase your question for proper understanding.
Re: A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat by Dreydoe(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Salam alaykum... . I missed the first rakat of magrib with the imam and said the teslim with the imam! cry cry

Remembered after saying the teslim..

I made two prostration again without another tashud then I did teslim..

Now am just confused
Don't know if I should repeat the whole prayer again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / What Does Islam Say About Abortion,can Allah Forgive? / He Wants To Attribute His Child From His Second Wife To His First Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.