Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today (8814 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times / Solomon Lar Is Dead / Fayemi Weeps As Olayinka's Body Arrives Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by bcomputer101: 5:57am On Dec 06, 2013
The remains of the Second Republic Governor of Plateau State and pioneer National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Solomon Lar, will arrive the Abuja International Airport on Friday (today).

Chairman of the national burial committee, Prof. Jerry Gana, announced this at a press briefing to unveil the burial rites in Abuja on Thursday.

Gana was accompanied to the briefing by other members of the burial committee, including Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku; former Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ibrahim Mantu; and former Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Mrs. Pauline Tallen.

Gana also announced that the remains of Lar would be interred on Friday, December 13, after a weeklong of activities.

He said, “The body will be received at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. The airport reception will be at 6am. On Saturday at 3pm will be the main commendation service where friends, associates and the general public will be given the opportunity pay their last respect at the National Christian Centre.

“We invite the general public to be at that service to pay their last respect to the departed Chief Solomon Lar. On Tuesday at 11am, the House of Representatives will be holding a special session for the late Lar. Chief Solomon was a member of parliament in the First Republic. He was initially a Minister of State and later a Member of Parliament.”

Other programmes announced included a memorial lecture to be held on Monday at the Ladi Kwali Hall of Abuja Sheralton Hotel and Towers. Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Bishop Matthew Kukah; and Prof. Jonah Eliagwu are billed to deliver the lecture.

On Tuesday, the body will depart Abuja for Lafia, the capital of Nasarawa State, for lying in state. Nasarawa State was part of the old Plateau State when Lar was governor of the state.

The body will move to Langtang in Plateau for lying in state.

The late Lar belonged to the Tarok-speaking people of Plateau State. Their ancestral home is Langtang. Langtang is also the headquarters of the Langtang Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/lars-body-arrives-abuja-today/
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by lakesguy(m): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Rip
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by ayusco85(m): 9:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest in peace to one of the greatest elder statesmen in Nigeria. Nigeria's democracy cant be written without ur name. U are our Nelson Mandela, even though alot of Nigerians didnt had the chance to know what u stood for, from the little i know about u, i knw u stood for the unity of nigeria, and u love the masses. U can starve just to pay the school fees of a TALAKA (the poor). Rest on Baba Lar as u are fondly called. ur people miss u, i miss u too.

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2013
K. undecided
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by LMAyedun(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2013
R I P Solo...
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by vicoloni(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2013
So?
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by iyatrustee(f): 9:33am On Dec 06, 2013
He has not been buried? RIP again embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Sweetcollins: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Ok
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by PastorOluT(m): 9:33am On Dec 06, 2013
The good works of men follow them after their death. What would u be remembered for, and the most important one, where would u spend eternity?

Accept Jesus today as your lord and savior and be saved and safe.

Jesus is the answer for the world today, above Him there is no other Jesus is the way!

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by nairaman66(m): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2013
R.I.P.. Final Goodbye!!!! Adieu
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by moscobabs(m): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2013
who is Solomon Lar? I beg we still dey mourn Mandela jare....

Nairaland is for Madiba today!!!!

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2013
at least he didnt die like Solomon grundey
born on monday
christened on tuesday
grew up on wednesday
joined Nairaland on thursday
deactivated his account on friday
joined politics on saturday
died on sunday
THIS IS THE END OF SOLOMON GRUNDEY!
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by alphaconde(m): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2013
Death and burial everywhere. May God in his grace enable me live a good life die a holy death and secure everlasting happiness in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by ayusco85(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2013
moscobabs: who is Solomon Lar? I beg we still dey mourn Mandela jare....

Ignorance at its peak. U dont know ur fellow country greats, na anoda country own u dey mourn pass the bereaved. Without solomon lar democracy and PDP wouldn't ve been born

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by ViKtor1094(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Did I see "airport"? u no learn from Agagu's experience yet?
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by crystalballs: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmmm...

hope people no do follow follow again for this one.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
Did he die in the hospital he built in Plateau state when he was the governor? Or did he die in the hospital built by another man in another country?

Please we are mourning a great son of Africa...Madiba ! Let them not distract us with their jamboree.

I bet embezzlement will still take place among members of the burial committee. I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by obeenah40(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
K
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Wsdm: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2013
ayusco85: Rest in peace to one of the greatest elder statesmen in Nigeria. Nigeria's democracy cant be written without ur name. U are our Nelson Mandela, even though alot of Nigerians didnt had the chance to know what u stood for, from the little i know about u, i knw u stood for the unity of nigeria, and u love the masses. U can starve just to pay the school fees of a TALAKA (the poor). Rest on Baba Lar as u are fondly called. ur people miss u, i miss u too.

... And as Nelson Mandela who suffered a more serious ailment died in his country, while Solomon Lar died in a foreign land in search of medical assistance.
R.I.P any way to the man but he has no comparison to Mandiba.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Adesam09(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Ok
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by demelza: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2013
moscobabs: who is Solomon Lar? I beg we still dey mourn Mandela jare....

Thank you jare!

3 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by deflover(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2013
another thief............one down more to go.............i no send am...........mendale abeg come back embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by moscobabs(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2013
ayusco85:

Ignorance at its peak. U dont know ur fellow country greats, na anoda country own u dey mourn pass the bereaved. Without solomon lar democracy and PDP wouldn't ve been born
no wonder ....maybe that's the main reason I don't him
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Not my concern.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Miner13: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2013
ifyalways: Not my concern.

owkay!!!
Message delivered.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by MAYOWAAK: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2013
If Mandela were Nigerian, by now the FG would be planning to fly his corpse home from a US/UK hospital...and his state gov'nor would have started tarring the road that leads to his village.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 06, 2013
alpha conde: Death and burial everywhere. May God in his grace enable me live a good life die a holy death and secure everlasting happiness in heaven.

it's really God dat will help us oh......
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by MAYOWAAK: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Anybody writing on any topic other than Nelson Madiba Mandela is writing what in secondary school we used to call "OP" (Off-Point)!
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by Mickyboiz: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Wetin concern me wit Solo Lar or wateva.. Did he die in his home town? Mtchww dey brot his body frm abroad and u xpect me to say r.i.p? (on pe ko to ku) wu cares. NELSON MANDIBA MANDELA die in his home town
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by NosoChic: 11:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Today the world mourns MANDELA♥
After today, those that choose can mourn elderstateman SOLOMON LAR
We cannot mourn two people on one day on Nairaland, after all his body never arrive sef. undecided

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by lanrexdo(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Dont compare Nigeria health care system with south africa health care system.. SA Colonials adequately funded there health care system before the take over..SA performed the world's first human heart transplant operation on 3 December 1967. so what are you now talking about.. You can never compare SA to Nigeria.. He in Nigeria, our dr keep going on strike.. So i would advice you never to have faith in Nigeria healthcare system.. Recently went to me-cure for a test.. Imagine that is there is only one of a kind of it and even our so- called teaching hospital don't have the facility..

Wsdm:
... And as Nelson Mandela who suffered a more serious ailment died in his country, while Solomon Lar died in a foreign land in search of medical assistance.
R.I.P any way to the man but he has no comparison to Mandiba.
Re: Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today by ichommy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
No picture?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Blasts Buhari, Tinubu Over Saraki / Senator Abaribe Cheated And Abandoned Abia Residents For 16 Years - Okafor / FG Allocates ₦‎15 Bilion For Repairs Of Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.