Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 (7752 Views)

Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Real Madrid : UCL (3 - 4) On 25th November 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Shakhtar Donetsk: UCL (4 - 0) On 15th September 2015 / UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Havilah93(m): 11:28am On Dec 06, 2013
David Moyes has admitted he takes full responsibility for Manchester United's current troubles.

United head into Tuesday's Champions League encounter with Shakhtar Donetsk in the throes of a crisis, following back-to-back home defeats in the Premier League.

Manager Moyes was not even born when the Red Devils last lost three successive games at Old Trafford, in the autumn of 1962, and if it happens again, United will lose top spot in Group A and be pitched into a nasty knock-out round clash with one of Europe's heavyweights.

Given they are currently occupying ninth spot in the Premier League table, the situation is barely comprehensible at a club so used to success, boasting a squad that, with the exception of Paul Scholes' retirement, is the same one that lifted the championship by an impressive 11 points last season.

Various theories have been put forward for the sharp downturn in fortunes and Moyes himself has identified a number of key areas where improvement is required.

But to the Scot's credit, he is refusing to hide behind excuses.

"I take complete responsibility for the results," he said. "It is tough because the expectancy is to win all the games and the results have not been good in the Premier League.

"There is a bit of everything we could do with doing better.

"Generally we'd like to play better. We would like to pass it better, to create more chances, I'd like to defend better when those moments arise.

"I don't think it is any one thing, it is all round we are trying to improve."

As Moyes pointed out, it is only a month since United defeated Arsenal, and a fortnight after the five-goal hammering of Bayer Leverkusen that will go down as one of the club's great European away performances.

What has alarmed supporters almost as much as those home defeats by Everton and Newcastle is the manner of the losses.

At the weekend in particular, once Yohan Cabaye scored, the lack of a response was strange for a club so used to dragging out late victories.

"I agree," said Moyes, when asked whether his team needed to show more belief and conviction.

"In recent games we haven't quite finished the games the way we would have liked to.

"We have tried to make changes to improve things but it hasn't quite happened."

Shakhtar midfielder Fernando is aware of United's current struggles but insists a trip to Old Trafford still represents a daunting assignment for the Ukrainians.

He told the club's official website: "Myself and the other players have been reviewing all the matches of our future opponents.

"But Manchester United are a very strong team. We must be 100 per cent concentrated."

Shakhtar come into the game having recently signed off for their domestic winter break on the back of a 1-0 win at Chornomorets, a result which sees them go into Christmas with a five-point lead at the top of the table.

"We are in a good place," added Fernando.

"We trained this week as normal and I think we are ready to go on the field and show some good results.

"We have to start like we normally do at the Donbass Arena. The most important thing is to attack from the start. If we do that we will achieve a victory."

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/380710/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by donphilopus: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Shakhtar Donetsk shall win! LIKE

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Orlahmidey(f): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2013
Go United!

Lead the English army to the knockout stages kiss
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 4:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Oh Man utd, can you make it to next season champe through d shortcut? Of course u guys aint making da top 4 dis season(therefore go on, win da champe...Up Man Utd--Irony)
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 4:41am On Dec 10, 2013
English Teacher: Who can give us a sentence and it's figure of speech?

Student: I

Teacher: ride on

Student: Man u can win da UCL I'm sure.

Teacher: What figure of speech is that?

Student: Irony
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 4:52am On Dec 10, 2013
Pre match interview btw Man utd and N/castle
Journalist: what do u think of the match today. Who carries the day?

Moyes: (provoked) I be God?

Journalist: but at least you can guess.

Moyes: (smiling) well...if my pple play to my instruction I guess N/castle will carry da day.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 4:59am On Dec 10, 2013
Fergie: ol boy wetin dey worri u nah?

Moyes: as per wetin?

Fergie: Why u kon dey play unbeaten for champe and unwinning for Epl nah?

Moyes: baba, Epl na no go area now o. Top 4 don hot now o.

Fergie: but u still fit make top 4 nah!!!

Moyes: baba, no be so o. Arsenal nor go gree allow me sidon 4 fourth and Tottenham sef go occupy europa hotseat. So... Baba me don get alterrnative plan o.

Fergie: wetin?

Moyes: to carry champe kon use am také go europa.

Fergie: (laughing) for ya title block mind.
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 5:12am On Dec 10, 2013
Fergie: I just finished calling Webb now and he says he's ready to help.

Moyes: for how much?

Fergie: 30 million pounds.

Moyes: chai! For I match? E too cost abeg!!!

Fergie: see dis mumu o. Na so i dey pay per match na!! Wetin u fink say I pay wey make us equalize chelsea's 3:0 last 2 seasons? U know how much d two penalties cost? Abi na last season own u wan tok, wey clattenberg put hin life for line make we win. Liverpool sef here am 4 dia 1st match sef. Time wld fail me to tok of aston villa, newcastle, southampton, etc.

Moyes: e don do baba...the money too much and i nor fit pay jare...(Cuts the call)
Dis yeye man sef...e no wan make I accomplish d tin wey my oga at d top send me kon accomplice for man utd...to destroy d work of d devil.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 5:16am On Dec 10, 2013
Theology teacher: what will happen if u put Goliath in charge of David?

Student: Goliath will fall.

Theology Teacher : That's the problem with Man utd currently.
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by otemanuduno: 5:26am On Dec 10, 2013
Assistant coach: Oga moyes, dis our next match go get k leg o.
Moyes: why u say so?

Asst Coach: Welbeck and Kagawa don get injury o...and valencia sef.

Moyes: mo gbe!!! Who go kon help us do d ruin now?(thinking)

Asst coach: baba u funny o. We go use dem like that nah!!!

Moyes: (shouts)correct!!! Guy, U b my real real

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by chelseabmw(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2013
LIKE if you feel the above jokes ain't necessary undecided I'm a chelsea fan if u must know... n I'm sure Utd will win this game

7 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
chelseabmw: LIKE if you feel the above jokes ain't necessary undecided I'm a chelsea fan if u must know... n I'm sure Utd will win this game

Honestly, they shouldn't be called jokes, they're too boring.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by alfredo4u(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Up man u

chelseabmw: LIKE if you feel the above jokes ain't necessary undecided I'm a chelsea fan if u must know... n I'm sure Utd will win this game

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Odunharry(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Utd fan like this post....

Glory man utd
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Emulti(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
ote man u dun o:

Teacher: What figure of speech is that?

lwkmd!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by gidzbobby: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
*walks into surebet*
attendant: bros Man U VS shakhtar Donetsk ?
me: guy abeg anybody can win...*tinking* lose or draw.....* i don't want to end up killing myself like that Kenyan man*

all the best United.....
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Supergenius(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
ote man u dun o:

Teacher: What figure of speech is that? Not funny at all

not funny at all...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Anaconda76: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Omo, Man Utd's misery will continue tonite.....*preparing my lacasera and two gala + 5D glasses*
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by meracool(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
GGMU...

ManUtd will Surely WIN...
It has not being easy for My dear Mautd.. But it does Not matter.. since life itself is Not Smooth.
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Apc wil surely loose this match.,APC should go and bury their head in shame,they have fail again. UP GEJ.,UP PDP.,UP NIGERIA. NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK COME 2015
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by ennon92(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
ote man u dun o:
Assistant coach: Oga moyes, dis our next match go get k leg o.
Moyes: why u say so?

Asst Coach: Welbeck and Kagawa don get injury o...and valencia sef.

Moyes: mo gbe!!! Who go kon help us do d ruin now?(thinking)

Asst coach: baba u funny o. We go use dem like that nah!!!

Moyes: (shouts)correct!!! Guy, U b my real real
I av laff
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by ennon92(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
MAN U 1-2 SHAKTAR
Copy that
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Dantedasz(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Never thought I could say this but with a sinking feeling of the inevitable, I am expecting Manchester United to lose this match.
Another loss at Old Trafford, and hopefully another nail in David Moyes coffin.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by joeace2020(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: Apc wil surely loose this match.,APC should go and bury their head in shame,they have fail again. UP GEJ.,UP PDP.,UP NIGERIA. NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK COME 2015
ARE YOU MAD OR HAS PDP EVER GIVEN YOU ANYTIN IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE??pls dont bring ur stupi. dity here since d only thing u dolts think of is politics and politics section let sane minds argue football... dumb nitw. it
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
joeace2020: ARE YOU MAD OR HAS PDP EVER GIVEN YOU ANYTIN IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE??pls dont bring ur stupi. dity here since d only thing u dolts think of is politics and politics section let sane minds argue football... dumb nitw. it
the best thing for u to do now is to go and commit sucide.,so u think Apc wil win the presidency com 2015? gej till 2019.,no space in aso rock.pdp gave me d job am doing now and i so much cherish it.
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by julioralph(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmm, I wonder if the '3 points bonanza' is still on @ Old Trafford...
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by oprah007(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
I hope and pray that another MAN U fan from Africa won't commit suicide tonight. God please help MAN U. Go for the win lads!....#TEAMCHELSEA#
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by dailywealth1967: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
Man.u 2- 0 Shak
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by dotcomnamename: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
grin grin grin

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by nickz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Moyes should start zaha and januzaj,our chances of going past the next round for me is 40% ..finishing second on our table takes is down to 28%.........GGMU #expecting lots of arsenal fans to run their mouth tonight....#they don't know what's about to hit them smiley
Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by frankpessu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ma joy is seeing man u lose every single game dey play........ Moyes u r d man......

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Shakhtar Donetsk, UCL (1 - 0) On 10th December 2013 by disloman(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dr2great: the best thing for u to do now is to go and commit sucide.,so u think Apc wil win the presidency com 2015? gej till 2019.,no space in aso rock.pdp gave me d job am doing now and i so much cherish it.
don't knw y u guyz r so stu.pid or just daft.Did he mentioned APC,2015?its getting annoying.Up man utd sha.Let's shame them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live / AC Milan Vs Inter Milan (0 - 1) On Sun 15th January 2012 / Manchester City Vs Olympiakos :UCL (3 - 0) On 3rd November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.