Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 (18968 Views)

Chelsea Vs Steaua Bucharest- UCL (1 - 0) On 11th December 2013 / UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 / Vfb Stuttgart Vs Bayern Munich (1 - 2) On Sunday 11th December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Havilah93(m): 11:42am On Dec 06, 2013
In aguably the most keenly contested tie of the night, Napoli host high flying Arsenal in a winner-takes-all battle for qualification for the knockout stages

In four of Arsenal's last seven visits to Italy they have come out on top, with only two defeats in that time. In 28 games against Italian clubs their record is W14 D8 L6 (W5 D4 L5 away).

Napoli head into the game in topsy-turvy form, managing only one win in their last five
matches just as their rivals for the Serie A title are pulling away from them. The latest setback came against Udinese, against whom they led thrice but failed to make their advantage count.

On the other hand, Arsenal are on a roll and are sitting at the top of the Premier League with a 5-point cushion. But, Arsene Wenger knows Arsenal cannot rest easy on their laurels or they risk losing top spot which will make their life difficult in the last 16 of the Champions League.

The last time these two sides met was at the Emirates on matchday 2 in the Champions League and Arsenal dominated their Italian opponents from start to finish, playing them off the park, finishing easy victors by a 2-0 scoreline. Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud were on the scoresheet for Arsenal that night, racing to a lead in the first 15 minutes and then controlling the game right through, so much so that Napoli mustered just 1 shot on target all night.
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by donphilopus: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
Napoli all the way! LIKE

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2013
This is going to be a cracker. It can go either way.
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2013

9 Likes

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Walkover .... Click like if you have a Fake Arsenal Jersey like Me grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Chimerase(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Space booking eh havilah angry
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Havilah93(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
Possible Lineups:

Napoli (4-2-3-1):

Reina, Maggio, Fernandez, Albiol, Armero, Behrami, Inler, Callejon, Pandev,
Insigne, Higuain

Arsenal (4-2-3-1):

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud / Bendtner
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 10, 2013
No be Napoli?

W-O-R-K-O-V-E-R!!!

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by ajasa4link: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2013
another emphatic win for the gunners
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by 2kass(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Up Arsenal.. Dancing Azonto
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by saintboss(m): 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Havilah93]Possible Lineups:

Napoli (4-2-3-1):

Insigne, Higuain

Arsenal (4-2-3-1):

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, gibbs, , arteta,flamini, Ozil,Rosicky, Ramsey, Giroud...this is d possible arsenal line up

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
[size=30pt]SSC NAPOLI.[/size]
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by tonydoes: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Match Preview: http://gidigooner..com/2013/12/match-preview-napoli-vs-arsenal-time-to.html Time to wrap up this group of death like an xmas gift..c'mon u gunners

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by amurx(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2013
Go Gunners!!!!!
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by donphilopus: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Napoli coach Rafa Benitez believes his team will need to be at its very best if it is to beat Arsenal in Wednesday's Champions League match at the San Paolo stadium.

Both teams go into the final Group F match in Naples looking to progress to the knockout stages of the competition.

Arsenal have the upper hand as they lead the pool, three points clear of nearest rivals Borussia Dortmund and Napoli.

Napoli are third, level on nine points with Borussia, and need to either beat Arsenal by a 3-0 margin or better the result of the German outfit, who visit bottom-side Olympique Marseille in the other pool game.

"We know that Arsenal are very strong but we will try," Benitez said in Tuesday's press conference. "My team has to give 100 per cent.

"My players know how important Wednesday's game is and they have all trained really well.

"We have nothing to lose.

"For us to play at home gives us an added strength.

"We were unlucky to be placed in such a difficult group but for me, it's better to experience these games rather than watch them on TV."

Benitez, whose side is third in Serie A, believes the key will be for his side to score an early goal.

"We will try to score as soon as possible and then we will see what the other result is in the other (group) game," he said.

"The result between Olympique and Borussia Dortmund can help us but the message I have given to my players is to focus on ourselves.

"We will go out determined to win by either scoring one or more goals.

"If they (Arsenal) score one then we will need to score four.

"However, while we have to play attacking football, we have to do that showing the right balance."

The former Liverpool tactician knows his team faces a huge task against an Arsenal side that have looked solid this season.

The Gunners, who were held to a 1-1 draw by Everton on Sunday, lead the Premier League standings with a five-point advantage over Liverpool and Chelsea with 15 games played.

Moreover, Arsene Wenger's men have lost just once in Europe this season, a 2-1 defeat to Borussia Dortmund back in October.

"In modern football everyone knows the quality of their rivals," Benitez said. "Arsenal is a very strong side.

"This could be the year they win the Premier League.

"For me Wenger is the best coach in the Premier League and knows what his team must do.

"Arsenal will try to control possession and hit us with counter attacks. We have to do our thing, focus on ourselves and not on them."

Benitez will be hoping goalkeeper Pepe Reina is fit having missed Saturday's 3-3 draw against Udinese with a muscular injury.

Should Reina fail to recover, Rafael will take his place in goal. Midfielder Valon Behrami (foot) is doubtful while playmaker Marek Hamsik (foot) misses out.

Goran Pandev, who struck a brace in just three minutes against Udinese, will partner Gonzalo Higuain up front.

Arsenal manager Wenger has warned his side an "average performance" could crush their Champions League dreams.

"I see it as another game we want to win, and that is the only way we can approach the game," Wenger said.

"Benitez has a very big experience, is a very intelligent manager, so I know he will prepare his team well. The only way we can counter that is to be at our best and put in a good performance as an average performance will not be good enough.

"For me the most important thing is to qualify. If we can finish top, it is even better."

Bacary Sagna continues to recover from a hamstring problem, so Carl Jenkinson looks set to deputise at right-back again.

Theo Walcott is pressing for a place in the starting line-up having been used as an impact player from the bench after his return from minor abdominal surgery.

Arsenal are likely to come up against Higuain, the Argentina forward Wenger tracked before he signed for Napoli from Real Madrid in a B£34million summer move.

Wenger is not concerned with what might have been, as Arsenal went on to smash their transfer record to land German playmaker Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day.

"There were a lot of statements that were not true about Higuain, but he has joined Benitez, is in good hands and shows he is a great striker," said Wenger.

"But we have (Olivier) Giroud who shows as well he is a great striker."

Wenger added: "Higuain is a player you have to keep quiet as he is of course very dangerous, so the more we can play outside the box the easier it will be for us to keep him quiet."
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Presbulg(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
COYG

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
R
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Napoli - Arsenal Preview: Gunners favourites to make Champions League knockout stages

Arsene Wenger's men go into the game at the top of the group but know that a heavy defeat, coupled with a win for Dortmund, could see them exit the tournament

Unlimited sports updates
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Fresia01(f): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
I knw we wil win buh a draw wudnt b bad either!. Godzilla on point.
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Fresia01(f): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
I knw we wil win buh a draw wudnt b bad either!. Gozilla on point.
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by bastien: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
I no wan make 2much noise,Borrussia Dortmund dey lose 2day! And my darling Arsenal dey win

Standing oviation for gooners
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by vanguard1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mukina2, chelsea match is not yet on the front page, Please do the needful. Thanks
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Big4wig(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
For bad belle people wey talk say arsenal no go carry anything dis season,There are two sure things in life....

(1) there's God
(2) you are not him. So shut d FVCK UP

#teamgunnersrules

#BIGWIG cool

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by donphilopus: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Except these mods are begged to move Chelsea's match thread to the FP, they won't do! But when it comes to Arsenal, it won't take them 5mins.

Hocus pocus!

1 Like

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
angry DOWN ARSENAL
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by vanguard1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
IF Arsenal win tonight, I will deactivate my account. Napoli whooz the modafuckers 4:0 on my behalf
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by kliq(m): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Tricky game ahead....draw's good enough though.

Napoli 1-2 Arsenal

Gunners 4 life!!!
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Afritop(m): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Though we are in the group stage, our match against napoli is likened to a second round tie. What makes this match significant is that arsenal must not lose to napoli at a 3 goal margin because that will equate both teams goal difference at +2 as against arsenal's +5 and napoli's -1. The first leg was won by arsenal, 2-0 and they must not lose by 3-0 because, Napoli will qualify by head to head.
The above analysis is however possible if dortmund who are at home are able to beat masseile at a high goal margin, consequently making arsenal, napoli and dortmund have 12 points each. A draw is all what arsenal needs
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Gunners gonna crush Napoli!

Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by vanguard1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
donphilopus: Except these mods are begged to moved Chelsea's match thread to the FP, they won't do! But when it comes to Arsenal, it won't take them 5mins.

Hocus pocus!
Please don't talk too much ooooo, don't wanna miss you in nairaland. You know nah, mukina2 is e-power drunk.
On a lighter note, how you foresee our match tonight @chelsea
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by bastien: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
Havilah93: Possible Lineups:

Napoli (4-2-3-1):

Insigne, Higuain

Arsenal (4-2-3-1):

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud / Bendtner
wrong walcott,Flamini and Rosicky no go start!!!

If you look there training pics,u go see say dos wey wear yellow bem na him go start! Arsene no go make any change for sunday match
Re: Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 by vanguard1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fresia01: I knw we wil win buh a draw wudnt b bad either!. Godzilla on point.
Boo!!! Long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Leicester City Officially The Champions Of England / Manchester United Vs Bournemouth (0 - 3) On 9th December 2023 / Chelsea Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 18th August 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.