Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! (1415 Views)

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out / Panic Over SIM Card Re-registration Deadline (photos) / Reason Why The Etisalat Bis Didn't Work On Your Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by oineoma(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Guys, lets look at it again, couldnt the sms have been some scam? By even other Telecoms operators? So as to win over their customers? Why then has the Data not stopped working? Why has Etisalat, MTN and GLO returned their BB subscription on non android devices? How come Airtel has not sent a follow up sms in this effect? It looks like they re not even aware of the sms, so my advice? Guys, pls stick with your subscription and leave all scams alone. My take! But hey! If other networks' BB subscription on non BB devices works then we re better for it, we ve more alternatives!
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Emmyk(m): 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
I didnt even receive the sms initially, buh I'm scared to subscribe now tho. embarassed
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by oineoma(m): 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
My point exactly! It doesnt cost anything to send bulk sms or generate numbers randomly, knowing that if they reach a hand full others ll naturally get de gist! Its a small price to pay if they consider the huge drag Airtel is raking in from our subscription, consider how many we non BB users are!
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
hehehe. joke of the year.

this is so lame. dude try harder abeg. be more creative
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by duwdu: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP;

You wrote your title as if you had an irrefutable source or proof of your "claim." Turns out you're simply speculating.

And, what's so special about, or worthy of emulation of, Airtel that other networks would care to gang up against Airtel?

In any case, you're over-reaching with your generalization, because, for one, Glo BIS does NOT work on non-BB devices as at this moment, neither does that from MTN.

Bottom line: I don't believe you have reasons to trash the reputations of some random networks over this matter. I'm not holding brief & don't work for any of them, but your action is simply unfair.

P34c3
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Donsammi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
try on like airtel niqeria on Facebook!! and u gat to see how ppl are beggin and insultinq airtel for blockinq it
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by eezor: 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
They sent it. They posted it on their facebook page. The issue is, the threat they got from over 40,000 nigerians youth scared them. Thats y they pause stoping it
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by oineoma(m): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Well then, lets keep the threats coming, so they can rescind their position! Nice one guys, I just wanted us to see another angle to de issue!

1 Like

Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Deblow: 1:30am On Dec 07, 2013
The last poster is damn right! Airtel actually sent the sms and they were really prepared to effect it. The garrulous and arrogant defence of the threat by one of Airtel's recalcitrant agent on nl lends credence to this fact. However, the counter-threats, counter - intimidation and above all, sense of reasoning and superior arguments by the teeming Nigerian subscribers are all that is keeping the implementation of the sms on hold till date (if it is true that it is on hold because I don't browse with Airtel. I hate the network). I personally made it a duty to post at least one intimidating comments on the Airtel's fb page per day just like many other subscribers. That is the strength of collective responsibility. NCC is a toothless bulldog, so we should hold our Internet destinies in our hands.
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Nocojp: 5:23am On Dec 07, 2013
The message was sent by Airtel but my dear to tell you the truth they regretin it now, etibaba is the best
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by benarex(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2013
Deblow: The last poster is damn right! Airtel actually sent the sms and they were really prepared to effect it. The garrulous and arrogant defence of the threat by one of Airtel's recalcitrant agent on nl lends credence to this fact. However, the counter-threats, counter - intimidation and above all, sense of reasoning and superior arguments by the teeming Nigerian subscribers are all that is keeping the implementation of the sms on hold till date (if it is true that it is on hold because I don't browse with Airtel. I hate the network). I personally made it a duty to post at least one intimidating comments on the Airtel's fb page per day just like many other subscribers. That is the strength of collective responsibility. NCC is a toothless bulldog, so we should hold our Internet destinies in our hands.

Airtel wanted to see users' reaction that's why they gave 3 days notice. It's unusual for network providers to give notice, it has never been done.
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2013
change your topic
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Randerl: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nocojp: The message was sent by Airtel but my dear to tell you the truth they regretin it now, etibaba is the best
grin
Nocojp: The message was sent by Airtel but my dear to tell you the truth they regretin it now, etibaba is the best
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by delikay4luv: 10:07am On Dec 07, 2013
then how did they get our numbers? guy change ur topic
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by oineoma(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
delikay4luv: then how did they get our numbers? guy change ur topic

Guy, thats simple na. Telecom peeps can generate ur digits simply..
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by duwdu: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2013
oineoma:

Guy, thats simple na. Telecom peeps can generate ur digits simply..

Ol'boy, be a man... just admit you goofed with your FALSE title, lame analysis, & funny conspiracy theory. Don't be unnecessarily stubborn - change your topic (at least turn it into a question/enquiry,) - apologize to the ISP's you rubbished, and move on.

Just my two kobo.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by oineoma(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thanks keep ur kobo[quote author=duwdu]

Just my two kobo.
Re: Airtel Didn't Send The 3rd December's Deadline Sms! by Deblow: 4:47am On Dec 08, 2013
Apologise for what? And which ISP did he rubbish? Tell me one ISP that is not worth much more than rubbishing in Nigeria. If u are conveniently pleased with their services, I wanna tell you, millions aren't. Apology my foot!

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 108 / Price Slash Uk Used Original Blackberry Porsche Design P'9981 @55k / How To Protect Your Android Phone From Theft....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.