Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria (41577 Views)

The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success / The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success / The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:43am On Dec 21, 2009
Princessty:

cuz we just came to naija and she doesnt know her way
and i am not wicked she has not eaten fast food in a long time

It is at a place called City Mall, Onikan
Tell your driver, taxi dude to take you there voila!!

Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), one of the global leaders in the fast food service industry, opened its first outlet at the City mall in Onikan, Lagos on Monday, December 14.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/5497893-147/first_outlet_in_Nigeria__.csp
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
Dis Guy:

It is at a place called City Mall, Onikan
Tell your driver, taxi dude to take you there voila!!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/5497893-147/first_outlet_in_Nigeria__.csp

okay thank u so much
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by care2share: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
mc D in Nigeria is a great idea,I was thinking on this when I came across ur post,Layi,pls contact me,we can do something: icaretoshare_j@yahoo.com
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by nasdaim: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2010
I think that is a great idea
see i was just thinking of that about a month ago and that is the reason i went on to search in google.com but found this forum instead. smiley
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Carlc: 1:45am On Dec 15, 2010
i think people should consider the details before saying it is agood business just cos its mcdonalds. If the business goes fone, you would definitley be able to live off it very comfortable but as far as i can tell, mcdonalds would live off you more comfortably, its your choice. Do your homewrk very well. Call 07038851541 if you need some advice, free though!
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by onemii: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
wow! I just can't believe how many people are saying McDonalds sucks and will not work in Nigeria. Why?!!! That's just crazy. *Carlc* is right, a market analysis is important. Individual opion on what good food is or not is not enough. I personally don't like McDonald's BUT that does not mean the millions of Nigerian kids will not. I said kids because that's McDondal's primary target market. Two things to consider: Kids/Parents and Fast food. It's almost a given that kids will LOVE it and from a fast food stand point professionals and blue collar will not say no to food you can get on the go, that's not messy, you can eat in traffic (Gidi traffic) and so on. Another point is location location location, I wouldn't expect McDonalds to complete with the road side bukas so again target market will be important in determining the location.

If I were to start a McDonalds in Nig. I will consider the Island from the gate even before I do any market analysis.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Moriyon(m): 1:46am On Dec 20, 2011
speaking objectively and critically looking at the FMCG industry in Nigeria, the odds that Macdonalds won't thrive are much more than its prospect of booming, okay yes maybe, Nigerians would appreciate the idea of having ''Macdonalds'' in the long run, the industry has alredy been dominated by first UAC FOODS(Mr BIggs), tanterlizers, Sweeet sensation, Munchies, Tetrazzini and recent introduction of KFC My point is the left over of the Market share( if there;s any!) is like very minute and thus discouraging, My Guy u risk runing at a loss, but hey its a business investment and risk is just part of it shay, all the best bro
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by tttonero: 11:28am On Dec 20, 2011
Why would you give $475,000, so you could run a chip shop.
You would be tied in to buy all your ingredients off them at outrageious prices.

Find a empty unit in a good spot, get the shop fitters in.
Job done.
Poster there is a reason why Macdonalds are not in Nigeria.
Think about it.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by Johndoe100(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2011
I think this is a wonderful idea. I know it will be a big hit. The key would be locations. The location of the 1st few will determine the financial result.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by maikudi303(m): 11:21pm On May 04, 2012
You cannot assess the development of a country by the number of McDonald centers that country has!!! In basic principles of economics, its not done yet. McDonalds is not a unit of measurement. Its just that our home based fast foods are better.
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by bravozeroone: 5:18am On Sep 25, 2012
Any updates on this?
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria by sixbon2000(m): 12:36am On Nov 18, 2021
McDonald's is now in VI. Ajose adeogun to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? / Abuja Women Shop At Local Markets Due To Economic Situation / Nigeria, Sierra Leone Plan Currency Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.