Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Travel To Ghana By Road - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Ghana By Road (34992 Views)

My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Travelling From Nigeria To Ghana By Road- Is This Possible Without Passport / Travel To Dakar, Senegal By Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by sassygal(f): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2013
Wale112: Its only in Ghana I experience 24/7 electricity for months. The internet speed here is number 1 in Africa.

My dear, stayed for 10days and they only took light for 2 hours as there was a storm when it was raining. Brought the light back, 5 mins after it stopped raining.

MTN, only offers Nigerians epileptic services because as far as I can tell, the internet, call services etc are the best in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by mikeapollo: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2013
Treasure103: I have been to Ghana up to 8times btw 2009 and oday. Its ABC all d way. My hotel I paid 4k in naira for 5days,chilling ac n Dstv all d stations. I enjoyed my stay. Ate enough indomie,rice, visited naija restaurant and ate my favourite 'ofe oha' wt semo. Will be there in January for 2wks just to cool off. I ve been working my ass off. Goodluck to u Op and enjoy.

Please, can you let me know the name&location of the hotel?.....I am planning to be in Accra in Jan/Feb
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by lordrhaw(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2013
amadice: ....look at hw did one dey desperate to go to ghana chie....am so ashamed of u...

U are more than a fool being ashame of me coz I want to go to where have never been before, give me a good reason to be ashame because I feel like taking a step out of nigeria for my vacation did u expect me to be desperate to go to yankee when I know I can't aford it?? I am not d type that run against d wind even if u care to know I am considering going to cotonou coz all I bodget to waste on my vacation pleasure is just 10k and with what am seeing here ghana is more expensive than what I taught I am telling u dis so u can know how much u are gonna be ashamed of me(like I care) I joined dis nairaland because of reasnable people not senseless peepz like u

Please any matured and reasonable people can kindly explain to me how I can spend 5 or 4 days in cotonou and enjoy my stay with d 10k I have and if its not possible let me know

@amadice sorry for d insult anyway, I let my anger do d talking

5 Likes

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by MANOSUB(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Efex Executive seems to understand the route better!
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by NadiaSA1(f): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Nonybb: I have been investigating that Girl and i dont think shes a South African or stays there or have gone there. Shes an Aba girl residing in Makoko
foolish fool
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by dreu2fine(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Agofure tranport
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by khel(m): 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Raymondfayowole:

G H I is d best

best bet is "J K L"...great value for your money.....xlolx
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by munky(m): 3:10am On Dec 10, 2013
5.00GP:
@OP, AM SURE YOU ARE A IGBO GUY.
WHY DID YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO GHANA?
IGBO SPIRIT

what does ethnicity have to do with a simple question.

fool.. "DO" not "DID"
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by 360command: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2013
lordrhaw:

Please any matured and reasonable people can kindly explain to me how I can spend 5 or 4 days in cotonou and enjoy my stay with d 10k I have and if its not possible let me know

@amadice sorry for d insult anyway, I let my anger do d talking
I think that money can do for 1 or 2 days giving the accommodation is quite high in cotonou. I suggest you to try areas like TOPA (not sure of the spelling).it should be cheaper there. Back then, I love taking trips to cotonou even if it is for 6 hours,1day or 2 days . Its travelling and I love travelling,love changing environment, love meeting new things. Enjoy your trip.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Alfoasegh: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2013
How do I do PM on NL? I am a Ghanaian.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Chartey(m): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Alfoasegh: How do I do PM on NL? I am a Ghanaian.
You follow the person first.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by xandy84: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
You PM someone by clicking d username of the person to show their profile and send them a mail.. Do you have anything to offer people coming to Accra january?

Alfoasegh: How do I do PM on NL? I am a Ghanaian.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by lordrhaw(m): 6:37am On Dec 11, 2013
360command: I think that money can do for 1 or 2 days giving the accommodation is quite high in cotonou. I suggest you to try areas like TOPA (not sure of the spelling).it should be cheaper there. Back then, I love taking trips to cotonou even if it is for 6 hours,1day or 2 days . Its travelling and I love travelling,love changing environment, love meeting new things. Enjoy your trip.

thanks so much am gonna give it a try i also love traveling too especialy on vacation but if i wanna use like 4 days how much will dat cost me?
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by rossi49ja(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2013
xandy84: I will be traveling on january 7th for GRE exam in Accra and am planing leaving Nigeria on 6th with ABC transport but my problem is the hotel issue. Can you please link me with cheap hotel? Thanks in advance
hi xandy, will appreciate you referring me to the centre you used for your GRE registration in Ghana cos am stuck on getting one myself and also the amount you paid for it. Thanks.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by TONYE001(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello brothers, please I need your help here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1552844/all-studying-medicine-surgery-ghana

Thanks...
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by hwealth(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
akpeko: If you going to accra as a fresher and an hussler, take these B.M.W cars from mile 2, the driver will take you to any nigeria communities either koko beach at nungua or tudu or circle. The price is #9,800 or #12k if u dont have ecowas passport. If you going to accra as a carreer worker u better look 4 cheap hotel. Accra is beautiful and peaceful. I wish you the best.

Guy...you get mouth pass!!
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Sorento(m): 1:54am On Dec 22, 2013
How much is it from Lagos to Accra Ghana!
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DasilvaBatiatuz(m): 2:11am On Dec 27, 2013
If u go by air shey u go die?

Igosun: Hello house travelling to Ghana by road from Lagos, who do you.think is better to go with. Went with Cross Country.last time
Am not.impressed.at all. So which other one is better and where is their station in Lagos.

Thanks
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by tonyadex(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
CHIMSKY: Treasure103: I have been to Ghana up to 8times btw 2009 and oday. Its ABC all d way. My hotel I paid 4k in naira for 5days,chilling ac n Dstv all d stations. I enjoyed my stay. Ate enough indomie,rice, visited naija restaurant and ate my favourite 'ofe oha' wt semo. Will be there in January for 2wks just to cool off. I ve been working my Bottom off. Goodluck to u Op and enjoy.
Treasure,abeg link me to this hotel.Thinking about cooling off in January too!
Wats d name of the hotel and location in accra
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DisGuy: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
update..

which did you go with and what the experiece like?

how many hours was it?

What this about yellow fever card, still needed or not

Is the passport compulsory or an official I.D card will do?

Hopefully going in February too
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by naijaobi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dis Guy: update..

which did you go with and what the experiece like?

how many hours was it?

What this about yellow fever card, still needed or not

Is the passport compulsory or an official I.D card will do?

Hopefully going in February too
yellow fever card? To go to ghana?
Guy pls dont insult Nigeria.
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DisGuy: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
'
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DisGuy: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
naijaobi:
yellow fever card? To go to ghana?
Guy pls dont insult Nigeria.

that's what I've been seeing, on Ghana threads

Here

Here

and here
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by nitrogen(m): 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dis Guy: update..

which did you go with and what the experiece like?Chisco transport, crazy and as well cool experience

how many hours was it? From morning till evening- 8am-8pm

What this about yellow fever card, still needed or not Needed, when crossing borders, else you'll pay cash.

Is the passport compulsory or an official I.D card will do? Very compulsory

Hopefully going in February too Hope you'll enjoy your trip

I did fly to GH and came back by road (thought I would enjoy the ride), a journey of 45mins with no hassle-by airplane took 12 hours by road, why? cos of the passport shitty, you've got to stamp your P in and out of each country you pass through. that really caused the delay.

Also, need to tell you that Chisco buses don't exceed 80km/hr speed. Others are quite better in terms of speed. I don't think I will ever try it again in my life (not discouraging you o).

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DisGuy: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
nitrogen:

I did fly to GH and came back by road (thought I would enjoy the ride), a journey of 45mins with no hassle-by airplane took 12 hours by road, why? cos of the passport shitty, you've got to stamp your P in and out of each country you pass through. that really caused the delay.

Also, need to tell you that Chisco buses don't exceed 80km/hr speed. Others are quite better in terms of speed. I don't think I will ever try it again in my life (not discouraging you o).

All the best!

Thanks a lot Nitro for the quick response, was actually thinking of travelling by air too but some people wanna tag along so looking to spread the cost and the experience wont be bad

Thanks for the head up on the passport and yellow fever issue [imagine o, in 2014! yellow fever]

Gracias!!
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by Pro02: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dis Guy:
that's what I've been seeing, on Ghana threads
Here
Here
and here

Hi dis guy,would be travelling in Feb too maybe we shd hook up,or anyone travelling
Around this time...
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by DisGuy: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Will keep you updated
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by PetroDolla2: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2014
sassygal:

My dear, stayed for 10days and they only took light for 2 hours as there was a storm when it was raining. Brought the light back, 5 mins after it stopped raining.

MTN, only offers Nigerians epileptic services because as far as I can tell, the internet, call services etc are the best in Ghana
hahahaha some people are going to attack you for saying what you just said oooooo. grin
Re: Travel To Ghana By Road by cancerlib: 6:59am On Jan 08, 2014
What's the hotel rate in ghana pls?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Crashes As Driver Sleeps Off While Driving On Highway (Photos) / A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / The Havoc Caused By Rainstorm In Calabar, Cars, Properties Destroyed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.