Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (22437 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by lacidi: 6:15am On Dec 19, 2013
I really wish we can convince Ross Barkely to play for SE. Unfortunately England wan cap am as quick as possible and I know he will be more comfortable playing for England for obvious reasons. The guy would have been a great addition to our midfield.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 6:27am On Dec 19, 2013
lacidi: I really wish we can convince Ross Barkely to play for SE. Unfortunately England wan cap am as quick as possible and I know he will be more comfortable playing for England for obvious reasons. The guy would have been a great addition to our midfield.
whats the obsession with Ross Barkely.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by phreakabit(m): 6:34am On Dec 19, 2013
troy20:
whats the obsession with Ross Barkely.

Honestly I don't think we are lacking in the midfield but Barkley can really add some spark to our team. You know what they say too much is never enough.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 6:50am On Dec 19, 2013
phreakabit:

Honestly I don't think we are lacking in the midfield but Barkley can really add some spark to our team. You know what they say too much is never enough.
even if you drug and smuggle him by container to naija.those cant even happen in a dream.The dude is so English and so white even the tropical wheather of Africa can't turn him blond in a decade...even if he lies on the sun.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by AderibigbeAAA(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2013
phreakabit:

Ross Barkley has been capped for England senior team in August, 2013 against Moldova when he came on as a substitute for Jack wilshere.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2013
phreakabit:

Ross Barkley is not a necessity (even if he hasn't already been capped by England).

We can have all the midfield depth we want if we take Mikel, Onazi, Nosa, Haruna, Ramon azeez, Joel obi/Olaitan to the world cup.

A competent coach can take us to the semi-final with such midfield.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 8:12am On Dec 19, 2013
Azzin eh, that guy sabi score against big teams, he could be our surprise package against Argentina. He and Emenike get the same blood and he's much better than Ideye
Robertbh:
bright dike. He also scored against italy last month
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Charlesedet25(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2013
bizibrain: A cogent addition 2 ur list of uncaped Nigerian players is David alaba.Super eagle defends dept needs 2 b strenghten wit experienced world class defenders which will serve as an additional cutting edge..

Am quite sure david alaba of bayern munich will find it easier 2 bench any africa defenders dan 2 make a complete back pass.

He was of recent listed among award nominees comprising top world class european defenders.

I imagine a fantastic counter attack evolving frm a tackle frm david alaba resulting in an accurate speed pass 2 DMF ogu making a pass 2 end to end work horse ONAZI and a dribble pass 2 roged maestro playermaker MIKEL with MIKEL producing his usual excellent through ball over d top 2 flair out and out frontman EMENIKE. That will b a fantastic COUNTER ATTACK goal.
hw wil dat be possible wen he (david alaba) is dia captain in AUSTRIA wher he plays?

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by toprealman: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2013
Not happy anytime I see England reject, shola ameobi wear the eagles jersey. Inviting nedum onuoha will be a national disgrace....more insult to injury!!!
These guys thought England will cap them but that didn't work out. Now they are in the twilight of their career they want to come and play for us......lai lai!!!
We have loads of people to choose from, not a championship player that is not even a regular starter in his team....QPR(a relegated club.....sighs) not to talk of Newcastle....Newcastle kwa....mmmmtttccchhhhhhhwwwwwww!!!

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by imanuel5959: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Lukman Haruna--Dynamo kiev
Tiago Ilori--lfc
Ramon Azeez--Almeria
Bring back Taiye Taiwo as cover for Echiejile. Osaze wouldn't be a bad addition if he can calm down.
Tryout Imoh Ezekiel and see wat he can offer.
Desist forthwith frm inviting Oduamadi,
Solomon Kwambe, Benjamin Francis even Sunday Mba.
Pls who is Nedum Onuoha? Is he a footballer.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Princek12(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2013
We need to build the new SE around the current crop and U 17 players.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Dalazyou(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2013
i tink in dat defence we get de likes of pique n thiago silver..n de midfield,javier pastore n mikel can handle dat,den in de strikin,we go 4 emmmm suarez can help alongside cavani of psg den we are good 2go....olodos weda i be una keshi
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Kennito90(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2013
Afta reading all una post's, i am greatly sad because of una, me where be say, my shot d tear net, my leg ova d trow away defendas 4 sydline, talkless of my owngoals ability. Make una recomend me sharpenly 2 keshi nw, b4 i vex go play 4 taiti.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Nedum Onuoha is not even that good, he ability to pass the ball and play from the back is suspect

our back line is not as bad as folks suggest. I think we just need to invite 2 veterans and we will be ok. I think Joseph Yobo and Taye Taiwo should be invited.

With the following defenders we will be ok at the world cup

Oboabona
Ambrose
Echiejile
Omeruo
Joseph Yobo
Taye Taiwo
Azubuike Egwuekwe

Keep in mind Omeruo can shift to right back if anything is wrong with Ambrose

If we find a very reliable right back before the world cup we can invite, but I dont think Nedum Onuoha is that right back
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2013
Princek12: We need to build the new SE around the current crop and U 17 players.

and discard the african champions?

I wish we can have a match between Super Eagles and Golden Eagles so that some of you realise those U-17 are kids!

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by MaxtonOkwu: 11:43am On Dec 19, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] Adi is the man I will want to see in the national team, a player with such record of 32 goals in 42 matches menn we don't need wast tym, let the home base strikers step down 4 that guy. Ihenaco is a must for him to be there, yes we wish to lift the world cup but you $ I know it will not happen at least not now, so let at liseast make histry by taking a 17 year old boy to the world $ that Ihancho might become d savior of our game in 2014 world cup
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
He never said anyone should be discarded. He said the SE should be built around the current team i.e the African champions and the U-17. What that means is Keshi need not invite anyone else apart from members of the current Senior team anD the U-17
mikeansy:

and discard the african champions?

I wish we can have a match between Super Eagles and Golden Eagles so that some of you realise those U-17 are kids!

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
mikeansy: Nedum Onuoha is not even that good, he ability to pass the ball and play from the back is suspect

our back line is not as bad as folks suggest. I think we just need to invite 2 veterans and we will be ok. I think Joseph Yobo and Taye Taiwo should be invited.

With the following defenders we will be ok at the world cup

Oboabona
Ambrose
Echiejile
Omeruo
Joseph Yobo
Taye Taiwo
Azubuike Egwuekwe

Keep in mind Omeruo can shift to right back if anything is wrong with Ambrose

If we find a very reliable right back before the world cup we can invite, but I dont think Nedum Onuoha is that right back

Would Yobo agree to start from the bench?

That is the problem we have with him currently. Omeruo is in form and there is no way he would sit on the bench for ageing Yobo.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
breezy047:

Would Yobo agree to start from the bench?

That is the problem we have with him currently. Omeruo is in form and there is no way he would sit on the bench for ageing Yobo.

Experience counts in world cup

Joseph Yobo is a great Central Defender, Omeruo too is a great central defender but sometimes our backline lacks leadership. Yobo can provide the co-ordination and leadership we need.

Also considering that Omeruo's immediate future at Chelsea is bleak, we need Yobo back in the squad at least. In case Omeruo is not match fit at the world cup

Its up to Keshi to decide who he thinks should start matches, Keshi himself was once a Central Defender and I trust his judgement

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
Am confused can someone pls xplain 2 me Y Victor moses nd shola ameobi was able 2 play 4 Nigeria senior team despite making dere first international debut 4 England U-17 and U-21 with both individual netting goals 4 d turnament.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Playing age-grade tournaments doesn't count. Once you appear in a game for the Senior team of a country, you become ineligible to play for any other team.
bizibrain: Am confused can someone pls xplain 2 me Y Victor moses nd shola ameobi was able 2 play 4 Nigeria senior team despite making dere first international debut 4 England U-17 and U-21 with both individual netting goals 4 d turnament.

2 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by bizibrain(m): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: Playing age-grade tournaments doesn't count. Once you appear in a game for the Senior team of a country, you become ineligible to play for any other team.
Tnxs.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 2:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
mikeansy:

Experience counts in world cup

Joseph Yobo is a great Central Defender, Omeruo too is a great central defender but sometimes our backline lacks leadership. Yobo can provide the co-ordination and leadership we need.

Also considering that Omeruo's immediate future at Chelsea is bleak, we need Yobo back in the squad at least. In case Omeruo is not match fit at the world cup

Its up to Keshi to decide who he thinks should start matches, Keshi himself was once a Central Defender and I trust his judgement

where do you get the idea that Omeruo's future in Chelsea is bleak? We don't need experience, we need youth and a drive for success. How far did experience take Italy or France in the last World Cup? Omeruo benched Yobo before and he'll bench him again, as it stands, Omeruo is a better central defender than Yobo, he has speed and agility and thinks quickly. Would Yobo have cleared that first goal Ethiopia almost scored in Addis Ababa? No, he would've stood by and watched it go in like he and the old guys loved doing, we don't want that kind of defender abeg. Yobo can come and warm the bench if he must make the team

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: where do you get the idea that Omeruo's future in Chelsea is bleak? We don't need experience, we need youth and a drive for success. How far did experience take Italy or France in the last World Cup? Omeruo benched Yobo before and he'll bench him again, as it stands, Omeruo is a better central defender than Yobo, he has speed and agility and thinks quickly. Would Yobo have cleared that first goal Ethiopia almost scored in Addis Ababa? No, he would've stood by and watched it go in like he and the old guys loved doing, we don't want that kind of defender abeg. Yobo can come and warm the bench if he must make the team

My sister, make a list of all the major football clubs you know and take the average of their central defence pairing

Also make a list of all the top countries going to world cup and check the average age of their central defence pairing

There is a reason why there are not a lot of 20yr olds playing central defence in top teams.

Omeruo no doubt is a great central defender and will go on to be a Chelsea great. But what I have said is his "immediate" future is bleak. No one knows if he is staying put or going out on loan, no one knows if he stays back will he get playing time? or wait until John Terry retires. The world cup is next summer, he needs to be playing regularly if he is to make our first 11 but he is not

also don't be too quick to write off Joseph Yobo, he is a good center back and a good leader.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by safarigirl(f): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Is Victor Moses playing regularly? The Osaze everyone is campaigning for, does he play regularly? Most of these players don't play regularly in club level, it's their national team form that helps a lot. Why do you think people clamor for a shirt at the WC?
mikeansy:

My sister, make a list of all the major football clubs you know and take the average of their central defence pairing

Also make a list of all the top countries going to world cup and check the average age of their central defence pairing

There is a reason why there are not a lot of 20yr olds playing central defence in top teams.

Omeruo no doubt is a great central defender and will go on to be a Chelsea great. But what I have said is his "immediate" future is bleak. No one knows if he is staying put or going out on loan, no one knows if he stays back will he get playing time? or wait until John Terry retires. The world cup is next summer, he needs to be playing regularly if he is to make our first 11 but he is not

also don't be too quick to write off Joseph Yobo, he is a good center back and a good leader.

3 Likes

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
mikeansy:

Then how do you account for Marquinhos or Raphael varane both under 20s?

Yobo was at the world cup in 2010 but that didn't stop us from getting beaten by Greece.

Omeruo's youthfulness and brilliance has clearly outclassed Yobo since the afcon early this year and he would always start ahead of Yobo.

If yobo would be coming to the team to add depth to the defence, he would have to start from the bench. . .and that's where the problem is. . .

Why do you think Keshi dropped him from the squad in the first place?

He would still have been playing for Nigeria if he had tucked his pride at the afcon and agreed to respect Keshi's final decision of starting Omeruo ahead of him.

1 Like

Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
safarigirl: Is Victor Moses playing regularly? The Osaze everyone is campaigning for, does he play regularly? Most of these players don't play regularly in club level, it's their national team form that helps a lot. Why do you think people clamor for a shirt at the WC?

Very good.

Besides he could force a loan move in January to aid playing time.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by troy20(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
breezy047:

Then how do you account for Marquinhos or Raphael both under 20s?

Yobo was at the world cup in 2010 but that didn't stop us from getting beaten by Greece.

Omeruo's youthfulness and brilliance has clearly outclassed Yobo since the afcon early this year and he would always start ahead of Yobo.

If yobo would be coming to the team to add depth to the defence, he would have to start from the bench. . .and that's where the problem is. . .

Why do you think Keshi dropped him from the squad in the first place?

He would still have been playing for Nigeria if he had tucked his pride at the afcon and agreed to respect Keshi's final decision of starting Omeruo ahead of him.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by darediamond(m): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kennito90: Afta reading all una post's, i am greatly sad because of una, me where be say, my shot d tear net, my leg ova d trow away defendas 4 sydline, talkless of my owngoals ability. Make una recomend me sharpenly 2 keshi nw, b4 i vex go play 4 taiti.
grin A DON RECO U FOR S.E SURE! grin
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by COOLDUN: 3:46am On Dec 20, 2013
bizibrain: Am confused can someone pls xplain 2 me Y Victor moses nd shola ameobi was able 2 play 4 Nigeria senior team despite making dere first international debut 4 England U-17 and U-21 with both individual netting goals 4 d turnament.

For your question, the new FIFA rules says that any player that played in any Under age category for any country , can still switch over to another country at the senior level, As long as the player has not played in any national engagement with the former country.

This new law makes it possible for any player/players that played in U-16,U-21,U-23 , but if the player played in any national team's match even friendly, he is no longer eligible to play for another national team. This is all i know about your question, I believe that some people might know more of it.
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2013
I would have said Nedem Onuoha but the way he and Carlton Cole turned Nigeria down made me feel these guys are going to loose out internationally. Actually Rio Ferdinand told to Cole to turn Naija down. Look at both of them now Agbolahor and Cole. Ugo Ehiogu could have gone to 2 or 3 world cups With Nigeria but England used him in a friendly because Adam and Keown were injured and quashed his international career. England quickly gave Wilfred Zaha a cap just to prevent him playing for Ivory Coast, Didier Drogba warned him, England gave Raheem Sterling a cap just to prevent him playing for Jamaica, Roberto Martinez did warn England that they are going to loose Victor Moses to Nigeria
Re: List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up by omar22(m): 8:53am On Dec 20, 2013
breezy047:

Very good.

Besides he could force a loan move in January to aid playing time.

Who is going to force a loan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Calabar Stadium…eagles’ Slaughter Slab / How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / 'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.