Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans (27012 Views)

See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices / Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016 / Etisalat BIS Is Now 1500 And 1000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by mimicue(f): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
babarazy:

Show us the copy of the NCC response sent to you cos I believe you copy and paste this post.

Lmao obviously grin
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by nnasino(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
2s£xy:
Even though I agree with many of you, does/has anybody here ever thought about the fact that MAST of network providers are powered by Diesel?

In a country where there is erratic power supply, contrary to what is obtainable in saner climes, what do you expect? We have to be rational in our clamor to get cheaper service.

Tell your government to provide constant power supply and all other things will fall into place. Imagine you own these companies, think about staff that will be paid, equipment maintenance et al. These things cost money.

They are trying and just try to put yourself in their shoes and see things from that perspective.

No need for eccentric and bias opinions.
-- My take.
cool
Well said
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by iswallker(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
The op is a lie. Ncc will not give you such unscientific response. Resources for mobile devices are always compressed. Let's even assume android does not compress, how does that affect pricing. Get a life op.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
econity: this logic is faulty to the core, allocating 3g to BlackBerry for 1k5 is still thesame as allocating 3g to android if both of them are capable of exhausting it at the end of the month, if RIM is compressing data usage and a blackberry user decide to open a supposed 100kb page which means it'll be compressed by RIM to 25kb, and you open such page 4 times and an android user opens it once, is it not thesame data consumption.
to me, this is baseless. let allocate thesame data to both, leave it to android to drain its own faster while RIM compress its own for BB users.
U r on point
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by adanny01(m): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is absolute bullshyt!

1Gigabyte is 1Gigabyte whether on Blackberry, Android, iPhone, Nokia, Computer or any other Internet device. Any compressed data does not give out the same quality or data size.

If i want to download a video file from an Internet link, the data size will remain the same irrespective of the device i use or the browser. The only compression required is when viewing pictures and web pages. For pictures, the quality greatly reduces with compression. Some web pages do not support compression as the page with never be normal or refuse to open once it is compressed. On compressing a web page text remains the same, icons will be changed, pictures compressed, background designs removed etc. At the end, compression reduces the speed with which a page is opened, though depending on the internet speed.

They should just harmonize the data subscription abeg!
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by WackyJ1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Carsonv: I was hoping someone who understands the concept of bandwidth would have commented by now.

Bandwidth is the amount of data or capacity of data your network can carry within a timeframe.

If MTN has a total bandwidth of say 400MB/s that means every second the total of data that passes through is 400MB.

If a BB phone compresses its data by 50% that means BB uses 200MB/s to transfer a 400MB data. This is against an Android or iPhone that'll use the whole bandwidth to send same data.

So you see, the logic makes sense. One android may be using same bandwidth as 20 BlackBerry phones.

So are you saying that bb users are being rewarded for having data compression ability and then android users are being punished?

They want to make the most from android users that is why they hike up the prices so that android users will pay more for using less and since they phone consumes so much data, they will pay more frequently
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by inforesource: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Shey na by force make people use Android? Hmmm.
philtrum: it's understandable but let them still come up with a fair and reasonable subscription plan.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by benzion72(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Why do people find it difficult to understand simple logic of Data use on Blackberry and Android. Insisting that they must have the same Gig as blackberry for the same price.

There is no pressure on Nigeria Internet service provider ISP servers for Blackberry Data consumption everything is routed to Canada RIM server, they don't need to buy Diesel and generator to sustain there service. They can even afford to give out blackberry service out for free.

The compression technology of RIM is second to non, you cannot have everything in life that is a fact of life. There will always be a need. Dangote with too much money, forbes listing, private jets will still have one need or the other. You can not have Android with one million applications and every imaginable tweak and not lack a thing. Some of you will not touch blackberry with a long pole. You believe it is backward and useless though it may lack so many things it has a compression technology
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lucy360love: 11 years Old Nigerian creates A Social Network.
This is the site

like seriously babe na advertisement u dey come do for nairaland oh....
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by homesteady(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
econity: this logic is faulty to the core, allocating 3g to BlackBerry for 1k5 is still thesame as allocating 3g to android if both of them are capable of exhausting it at the end of the month, if RIM is compressing data usage and a blackberry user decide to open a supposed 100kb page which means it'll be compressed by RIM to 25kb, and you open such page 4 times and an android user opens it once, is it not thesame data consumption.
to me, this is baseless. let allocate thesame data to both, leave it to android to drain its own faster while RIM compress its own for BB users.
Hallelujah! You are the spirit! cheesy
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by eseosa77(m): 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
You people should stop nagging and complaining like toddlers.Is it by force to use android phones?,if u know you are nt comfortable with the data plan for android go nd die or drop it nd stop distubbin or go get urself a blackberry phone with a more comfortable data,period.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by babsomotde(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
My brain was thinking of something like this in the past. Thanks for the post.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by youthmustwork: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
ADVANTAGES OF FIBER OPTICS

Why are fiber-optic systems revolutionizing telecommunications? Compared to conventional metal wire (copper wire), optical fibers are:
Less expensive - Several miles of optical cable can be made cheaper than equivalent lengths of copper wire. This saves your provider (cable TV, Internet) and you money. Thinner - Optical fibers can be drawn to smaller diameters than copper wire. Higher carrying capacity - Because optical fibers are thinner than copper wires, more fibers can be bundled into a given-diameter cable than copper wires. This allows more phone lines to go over the same cable or more channels to come through the cable into your cable TV box. Less signal degradation - The loss of signal in optical fiber is less than in copper wire. Light signals - Unlike electrical signals in copper wires, light signals from one fiber do not interfere with those of other fibers in the same cable. This means clearer phone conversations or TV reception. Low power - Because signals in optical fibers degrade less, lower-power transmitters can be used instead of the high-voltage electrical transmitters needed for copper wires. Again, this saves your provider and you money. Digital signals - Optical fibers are ideally suited for carrying digital information, which is especially useful in computer networks. Non-flammable - Because no electricity is passed through optical fibers, there is no fire hazard. Lightweight - An optical cable weighs less than a comparable copper wire cable. Fiber-optic cables take up less space in the ground. Flexible - Because fiber optics are so flexible and can transmit and receive light, they are used in many flexible digital cameras for the following purposes:
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by kolidave: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Guys relax this days too will pass. I remember when Bis too was 5000-3500-2500 naira for little mb and people where still subscribing&complaining too. Now android, guys relax this will also pass. A new android plan will soon be out and everyone will be happy. Just continue paying the high prices like we BB users once did and have it in mind that It'll become cheaper and better. Remember NO PAIN NO GAIN, So STOP WHINING!!! #OkBye
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by enigmatique(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
@ify84: God bless you so much. You've confirmed what someone told me. Before, I planned to write a letter of complaint to NCC tomorrow but now, I must call it off. Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by bamac(m): 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
As far as am concerned network providers are thieves. Most of d ppl dat uses bb don't finish up their subscription plan before it expires,ds wil b a lot of gain for dem(d network providers). Android users will even demolish the subscription plan before d expiry date (due to several downloads and upgrades)which will make dem not to gain a dine. D network providers knws wat dey ar doing my ppl.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by rman: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Carsonv: I was hoping someone who understands the concept of bandwidth would have commented by now.

Bandwidth is the amount of data or capacity of data your network can carry within a timeframe.

If MTN has a total bandwidth of say 400MB/s that means every second the total of data that passes through is 400MB.

If a BB phone compresses its data by 50% that means BB uses 200MB/s to transfer a 400MB data. This is against an Android or iPhone that'll use the whole bandwidth to send same data.

So you see, the logic makes sense. One android may be using same bandwidth as 20 BlackBerry phones.

Thank you. Most posters are too emotional to understand the simple message by NCC
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by chumakk: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Our network providers are not straightforward
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by bamac(m): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
benzion72: Why do people find it difficult to understand simple logic of Data use on Blackberry and Android. Insisting that they must have the same Gig as blackberry for the same price.

There is no pressure on Nigeria Internet service provider ISP servers for Blackberry Data consumption everything is routed to Canada RIM server, they don't need to buy Diesel and generator to sustain there service. They can even afford to give out blackberry service out for free.

The compression technology of RIM is second to non, you cannot have everything in life that is a fact of life. There will always be a need. Dangote with too much money, forbes listing, private jets will still have one need or the other. You can not have Android with one million applications and every imaginable tweak and not lack a thing. Some of you will not touch blackberry with a long pole. You believe it is backward and useless though it may lack so many things it has a compression technology
sorry to say,u don't understand wat android users are sayin. Agreed there is one RIM that compresses data. Even Wit ds compression of a thing a bb user will not use more or less dan the total amount of d subscription plan. Now if ds same amount of data is given to an android user they will not also use more than d amount of data given. In ds case d bb users stl v upper hand in d sense dat there is RIM in canada dat wil make their subscription plan to last longer, while android users shoulld be left wit a non compressd subscription but a same amount for same quantity of data 4 dsame bb and android. simple. D thing is dat d network providers are even exploring d RIM thing cos most of d bb users don't usually finish d subscription plan b4 it expires which will serve as gain for d network providers,android users are bad and stingy cos dey will use up all d data plan while still downloading or upgrading or even d two at a go
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by write2obi(m): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
what is that your name again?
Ermmmm econity
your head is there, they should allocate us thesame data if we use ours in 2days, that should be our own problem.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by WackyJ1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
benzion72: Why do people find it difficult to understand simple logic of Data use on Blackberry and Android. Insisting that they must have the same Gig as blackberry for the same price.

Did you even bother to read the posts at all? People mentioned in earlier pages that the compression for bb phones only works when using social networks and the native browser of the phone. When it comes to downloading, streaming and other browsers like ucweb, there is no data compression so what the hell are you saying by saying that their data compression is second to none. What is the source of your outrageous claims.

If the compression was that good why did thy remove it from their latest bb10 devices?

How much data do you think is expended when browsing or using social networks?
The real bulk of data consumption comes from the things mentioned above for which there is no compression.

So Mr man reason well and know when people have a point complaining about the trash that isps do
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by WackyJ1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
eseosa77: You people should stop nagging and complaining like toddlers.Is it by force to use android phones?,if u know you are nt comfortable with the data plan for android go nd die or drop it nd stop distubbin or go get urself a blackberry phone with a more comfortable data,period.

You have come to show your stupidity and senselessness here again abi? Why don't you just give whatever your using to access the internet to someone that actually has the sense yo be able to do something meaningful with it
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by loswhite(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
beckyomas: I hope those naive guys breaking their sim and insulting airtel would see this. Simple logic.
glo Ghana gives 1.2g 4 15cedi which is equivalent to 1050 naira 4 both android and iOS.compare that to 1000naira 4 200mb.IMO they can do better cos the main difference is Ghana have steady power unlike Nigeria. Respect ppl's choice if they choose to break their sim afterall they bought it themselves
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by Abanicwise(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
2s£xy:
well, I respect the way you have handle your response. It shows a mark o maturity. Unlike the baboon before you who quoted me.

Thanks. cool
Baboon or no baboon, if an argument is lame and doesn't hold water.....believe me, it doesn't.....ur agrument is lame......Bad belle.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by divinelove(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
This is d most senseless stuff i ve read in a long time. If BB requires less data to do same stuff as compared to android then y give them more data. Infact their argument supports giving android more data since they consume more nt less. Android gets less than 250mb for 1k (1.3k actually) whereas bb gets 3gb
sad. This is like forcing android users to use bb against their will sad
d diff is too wide

1 Like

Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by crackhouse(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
so what's the point here? that if I buy 1GB, the service provider don't expect me to exhaust the 1GB before one month? I don't get it. let me put it this way, I bought 1GB of data for my blackberry and later decided to use it on my Android phone, at the end of the day, is it not the same 1GB that I am going to exhaust? so what's the problem on whether I exhausted it faster using android or slower using blackberry when it's clear that the 1GB will definitely be exhausted within the one month.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
speedyboi:

you are not only exaggerating, you are lying!
No need to tear cloth now. My cousin schooling in India told me, even my friends over there confirmed it, except they're all lying.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by masciv: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Tell it to dem tecno freaks.....BB is technology

so data compression is super technology for you?.I wonder if you even know how to zip files.

2 Likes

Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by mjames: 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Big.game:
The worst part is the speed of their network, you pay for expensive data plans on a substandard network that can't even climax 1mbps, meanwhile in some developing Asian countries, you can get an unlimited data plan @5mbps and higher for less than 3k with 80gb as fair usage, no exaggeration.

you are right.
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by ify84(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
iswallker: The op is a lie. Ncc will not give you such unscientific response. Resources for mobile devices are always compressed. Let's even assume android does not compress, how does that affect pricing. Get a life op.

if u had read from page 0 to d last comment.... u would not have written d above.... u simply read d post and made ur comment.... I pardon u because of ur ignorance (inability to read before talking )
d link is available.... for u to see
Re: Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans by ify84(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
enigmatique: @ify84: God bless you so much. You've confirmed what someone told me. Before, I planned to write a letter of complaint to NCC tomorrow but now, I must call it off. Thanks a million.

welecommm jareee.... u shd still write to dem so dat de can be disturbed on every front.... so they may do something... even if na 500 to 750mb dem give us.... na something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why / Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.