Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,101 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders - Nairaland / General (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders (56243 Views)

Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Professional Female Begger That Drives An SUV And Begs For N1K Exposed At Ikoyi / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by PurestBoy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
This is the most peaceful thread I've ever followed. No fight, the OP took the insults with love and replied in a funny way.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
PurestBoy: This is the most peaceful thread I've ever followed. No fight, the OP took the insults with love and replied in a funny way.
lol. No time for fight o. Thnx 4 following till d end bro. 3 gbosa for ya head grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by igbsam(m): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
This is one of the best thread in the history of nairaland. I followed your thread from day one. You kept me glued and to your story and make me look forward to another episode. I enjoyed reading it from the beginning till the end. Thanks so much OP.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by calculusx(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks OP for sharing your experience with NLers,you have touched so many lives positively with your experience @ federal palace. You also made me appreciate FREEDOM more,i can pay anything to have my own FREEDOM. bi ekun ba di ale, ayo n be lowuro grin pls weed responsibly

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by suleiman16(m): 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Experimentist, I must confess u made my week, should incase Seun want to organize award nite for Nairalander, I doubt if your post won't win the thread of the year award... Thanks for sharing we all learnt. Allah ya bar zumunci...
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by morningsta(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2013
@Op, thanks for sharing your experience. I read everything from the beginning to the end. If you must smoke igbo better learn to do it in the privacy of your own house.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by phy: 3:27am On Dec 16, 2013
A great thread. Thanks for sharing!

I will also align with the school of thought that you went there for Yahaya and Sunday. I'm without doubt that this has made you a better person.

We have all seen the state of Naija prisons without getting there and I pray this story will call for some change. That people are convicted or remanded does not call for the kind of hell described by the Op. I pray that some people in some quarters would do something.

Once again, thanks Experimentist - It was more of a series for me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 5:11am On Dec 16, 2013
suleiman16: Experimentist, I must confess u made my week, should incase Seun want to organize award nite for Nairalander, I doubt if your post won't win the thread of the year award... Thanks for sharing we all learnt. Allah ya bar zumunci...
toh nagode amin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 5:16am On Dec 16, 2013
phy: A great thread. Thanks for sharing!

I will also align with the school of thought that you went there for Yahaya and Sunday. I'm without doubt that this has made you a better person.

We have all seen the state of Naija prisons without getting there and I pray this story will call for some change. That people are convicted or remanded does not call for the kind of hell described by the Op. I pray that some people in some quarters would do something.

Once again, thanks Experimentist - It was more of a series for me.
u welcome brother, thnx for reading thru.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Sunymoore(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2013
Laifin dadi........... Walahi naji dadin labarin nan. Hmm. Abokina dunia juyi juyi. Kadinga shan mandula agida da Allah.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by eazylifer(m): 6:56am On Dec 16, 2013
Bitter, sweet and strange experience indeed. I hope many people will get to read this. Thanks op, God bless you real big.

Plus weed is still not legal in Nigeria o, be careful!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Oludrex(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2013
anitank: Argggghhhhhh!!!!

You sure known how to keep people in suspense...one whole week!!!

Gbagaun !!!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2013
Oludrex:

Gbagaun !!!
grin

Guy u harsh oh! cry
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Sunymoore: Laifin dadi........... Walahi naji dadin labarin nan. Hmm. Abokina dunia juyi juyi. Kadinga shan mandula agida da Allah.
ok sunymoore, nagode sosai.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2013
eazylifer: Bitter, sweet and strange experience indeed. I hope many people will get to read this. Thanks op, God bless you real big.

Plus weed is still not legal in Nigeria o, be careful!
God bless u too bro, thnx for d advice.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by lovelani(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2013
anitank:

Lol @that question. Funny enough, few of the people I know who smoke weed are the smartest, most intelligent and the most innovative people I ever met as they happen to be my friends (not saying that all my friends smoke weed oo). I am not talking about the street touts who walk about with weeds in their hands. I mean bankers, engineers and real business men. So you see ,it's not about smoking weed being a bad thing, it's just that people have a wrong perception of it. As long as you know what you're doing. Personally I prefer weed to cigarette. While u get nothing from smoking cigarette, weed gets you to that point where u feel this freedom and makes you feel in control, and if u're smart, that moment is the time you think about who you are, what you wanna do with your life and how you want to take charge of things

Ok I didn't just type all that grin.
T

LOL...I JUST LOVE THIS U GAVE OUT. ABEG EMAIL ME ON jifelani@yahoo.com make we relate
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kevsman(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
experimentist: naso oh. Thnx for following till the end. wink
bros, you 2much,
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ultimatebunmi1(f): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
youth must work: Nawaaaoooh, young man y u come finish ds story nah. Did we tell u dt we re tired of readn. Abeg try visit more prisons so dt u cn be updating Us.
plz this guy don try with expirence you can also visit there to finish up the story
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by anitank(f): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Oludrex:

Gbagaun !!!
Chai! Na mistake na , at least I try small smiley
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by yungdamaz(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Experimentalist.... U too much....d story swit die..buh

Go and weed no more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by JentleJosh(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Well done experimentist!
Freedom is sweet. Respect to heroes and freedom fighters like luther king who for the emancipation of blacks in America and Nelson Mamdela who fought against apartheid - a form of racial discrimination agains blacks in SA, which, to some extent, can be regarded as slavery.
Like I said in my previous reply, this is a real eye-opener. So, I urge everyone who followed this thread to consider this issue as a call to duty. We must make a statement. A statement of intent and will. I feel those in prison deserve better than they are treated. It's sad that many of them are wasting and degenerating in prison for little or no offences, just because they don't have someone to help them or they are not able to contact their relatives to process their bail. I feel we must do something about this issue. If I have the capacity, I will set up a NGO for this purpose. I don't want to talk about the government coz they are a failure. They just can't get any sector working properly.
I urge you all to table suggestions on how these prisoners can be helped. Visiting there as an inmate for some days like experimentist is certainly out of it though.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Jentle-Josh:
Well done experimentist!
Freedom is sweet. Respect to heroes and freedom fighters like luther king who for the emancipation of blacks in America and Nelson Mamdela who fought against apartheid - a form of racial discrimination agains blacks in SA, which, to some extent, can be regarded as slavery.
Like I said in my previous reply, this is a real eye-opener. So, I urge everyone who followed this thread to consider this issue as a call to duty. We must make a statement. A statement of intent and will. I feel those in prison deserve better than they are treated. It's sad that many of them are wasting and degenerating in prison for little or no offences, just because they don't have someone to help them or they are not able to contact their relatives to process their bail. I feel we must do something about this issue. If I have the capacity, I will set up a NGO for this purpose. I don't want to talk about the government coz they are a failure. They just can't get any sector working properly.
I urge you all to table suggestions on how these prisoners can be helped. Visiting there as an inmate for some days like experimentist is certainly out of it though.
bro ur so on point. Tnx.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Justeenaleo: @op u don't mean to tell me dat nobody in dat prison thought of busting ur A-S-S,dey all straight? Abi u no pretty ni?
BAD PHUCK grin grin grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
experimentist: bro thnx very much. I go stop smoking for January 1st 2015 my new year resolution smiley
That would be awesome!
All is well that ends well. Once again, thanks for sharing your experience and thank God for Yahaya and Sunday. Guard this manuscript jealously, I have a feeling it is a future money spinner. Don't let your work get stolen and published without royalty at least.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
candy:
That would be awesome!
All is well that ends well. Once again, thanks for sharing your experience and thank God for Yahaya and Sunday. Guard this manuscript jealously, I have a feeling it is a future money spinner. Don't let your work get stolen and published without royalty at least.
Best of luck.
u r welcome. Tnk u too!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Justeenaleo(f): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Booty butt chic: BAD PHUCK grin grin grin
Lmao !

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Magicdon(m): 5:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Play safe, smoke safe. I love weed. God loves doping children . You are good. Chinua Achebe n Wole Soyinka will envy you.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by HAH: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Op weldone. From your story so if you have money one will be comfortable in prison.?
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
HAH: Op weldone. From your story so if you have money one will be comfortable in prison.?

yea right, but no freedom of movements, sex, and many more..
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 19, 2013
wow. Congrats Op
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by babseg(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2013
@op how come ur family didn't ask of you for 3days and you didn't even bother to them Instead u called ur friends

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by janykute: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2013
babseg: @op how come ur family didn't ask of you for 3days and you didn't even bother to them Instead u called ur friends
I was also wondering why he never mentioned anything about his family in the whole Epistle or hasn't he got one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Do You Have Secrets You Intend To Take To The Grave? Get Some Off Your Chest / The Long Cobra We Killed During Prayers / Fire Killed Many In Onitsha: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.