Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,692 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (131820 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by trulyopal(f): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2008
@ builder
abeg if u noget better thin to say jst shut ur mouth.?

any nigerian that is not smart, intelligent and hard workin enough to make it at home definately has zero chance of makin it in someones land.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by gafunky77(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2008
Sweden is lovely nothwithstanding the high taxes. Well, it all depends on what the traveller is looking for. As for studies it a nice country to get into. But am scared what some of us Nigerians might turn the well structured country and easy going peolple into, We shouldn't mess the opportunity the country avails some of us with your shady ways!!!!

All da best, Arios!!
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by sisqology(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2008
Builder:

@Alexjodeci

How sick is your brain, its always good to know that we still have some high definition twats in our midst. what is wrong with people chasing their dreams in the foreign land, whats wrong with people having a dream , whats wrong with her/him wanting to study in a better university that boasts of academic achievement in a country that give chances to people who wish to explore their mind and not the cult univerities you have in your so-called giant of africa. Afterall, most the companies in your country keep sending ther employees to the western world for courses to better themselves.

i'm quite happy you keep referring to your friend buying 8 million car price tag, what have you bought or what have you acheived. perhaps next time you want to convince someone it would be best selling yourself in a honorable way and not you friend's 8 million car.

With your coments so far, i see you as an ambassador of nigerian new age, but then again with your colourful words you are one of those drop-outs good for nothing, sophisticated slowpoke, Sounds like loser hiding behind a keyboard trying to be hard

Damn! you wicked o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by oluwdashmi(f): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ alexJodeci

Foolish set of people(sorry if you're hurt by my statement)

u want to go to sweden ?best advice stay home and find something really good to do, there is money back home.u might ask the dumbest question like they ask saying "if that place is so bad why don't u come home then", but let me tell you the truth, the fact is how many of us here are really making it, 2 in million ? simply none.what do we live on ? loans,mortgage, car finance, and all sorts of available debts.i am a chemical Engr and i work in a very reputable company but i know what my colleagues back home have or live like working in companies not even as better as mine.if u know anyone that had stayed 20 years in the UK,US or wherever in the western world and has refuse to come home, its simply because he hasn't make it.

let me give u an example, a friend just bought an X5 in nigeria for 8 million cash, for someone to pay that for a single car means he still has lots of reserve.currently, that's about £33,333 pounds in the UK. where in the world am i going to get that cash from even working for the next 6 years i wont save that in the UK, Yes! how will i do that? no way, but my friend bought it and so many other examples, back to the dumbest question Nigerians ask , people can't come home because there's simply not enough to come back too, because same people will say "since u ve being there what did u achieve?"

i heard soemone say "the western world will give u exp." f**k exp. exp my ass, to do what with the experience? build the next space ship? or the next sky refinery? its experience what u start looking for after you have paid 19000 pounds to study every year for 3 years?

Best advice--- come here to study and get the f**k out
No Runs? believe me in the western world , one can never, lets leave the rest for the man Upstairs.

well said! a word is enough for the wise

@ builder
abeg if u noget better thin to say jst shut your mouth.?

any nigerian that is not smart, intelligent and hard workin enough to make it at home definately has zero chance of makin it in someones land.

Thanx 4 telling him.

If anyone intend to sponsor me abroad either for studies or undecided I will tell him to borrow me the money involved and I will pay back with interest after 2 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by dapsycool(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2008
see foolishness everywhere on this thread,

Some people would be a better person outside 9ja, while some would make it here.

We are all different,

I know of a man, if not for the visa lottery he won, he would have died in penury, not cos he's lazy, but some things are way beyond human knowlegde.

Some go abroad and become worse.

If you or your father failed to make it abroad, that doesnt mean everyone would be a failure over there.

There's a particular guy, who graduated from FUTA and became the best graduating Masters student in a reputable uni in sweden.

The world is a global village, so everyone is free to go wherever he/she wants.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Builder: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ truly opal

I have better things to do than replying you post
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by mekk(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2008
Bla!bla!! bla!!!
cant you guys exhibit some level of maturity and discipline,
rather than trade abuse?
I bow for all of Una.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by emmydee(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2008
Living abroad is not really the best. You can study abroad, go on vacation but certainly, economic wise, home is better.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by lexicon(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2008
EKO O NI BA JE OOOOOOO[color=#990000][/color]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Second Tinubu
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by MustardInc: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ alexJodeci :

GUYS I WANT Y'ALL TO PAY METICULOUS ATTENTION TO "alexJodeci ". West is cool ooo, it has changed my orientation & status. But after that? Except through God's favour, 1 might struggle like other men. I got ppl in many parts of the West who ve been there since ages but CANT COME HOME - not cos Home sucks, but many people here cant survive without working for even 1 month.

THE LAST TIME I WENT TO ANOTHER 1ST WORLD COUNTRY, I WAS BORED OUT OF MY MIND AFTER 1 WEEK. 3 DAYS LATER, WE PACKED!!! My school & I are currently playing TOM & JERRY over my ridiculous school fees - an education that doesnt guarantee SUCCESS.

If you must know sir, SUCCESS IS THE ACHIEVEMENT of ONE'S desired AIM or PURPOSE. Many of the richest people LIVE IN AFRICA & ASIA. I m coming Home soon, with 150 million people around me, I cannot but be a BLESSING! wink

I "ll do my part & watch God do the rest.

PRAY B4 LEAVING 9JA,

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CONVICTION EVEN BEFORE GOING TO AMERICA,

I PRAY FOR AS MANY NIGERIANS VYING TO TRAVEL ABROAD TO STRUGGLE THAT GOD WILL EVEN INSTEAD RAISE U TO THE LEVEL OR ONLY A TOURIST THAT COMES IN & OUT WHEN & HOW U LIKE IN JESUS NAME.[/color][color=#990000]

Shalom!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by dapsycool(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2008
Ya'll mixing two things here. Is it going abroad to struggle or going abroad to study.
I think the later is more valid here since 80 percent of nigerians going to sweden are there to study.
The problem with most of you is that you travel abroad foolishly. Just wanna travel,make money and oppress those in 9ja and you got your dreams dashed.
9ja is still the best place to live but studying abroad can even make you better in Nigeria.
I once saw an advert from glo in the newspaper. Manager with 10 years experience, MBA added advantage bla bla bla and the annual salary is 22million. It would be almost impossible for a Nigerian man to earn that outside 9ja. Low tax, lower cost of living etc
But if you look at it from another angle, this kinda job would be competitive.
And that's where a western education can play a role.
An MBA graduate from a prestigous usa university with experience from a company like dell, microsoft vs MBA from a 9ja uni and experience from omatek.
I guess you know who got a better chance. And what makes sweden exceptional here is that, Education is Free, though cost of living is very expensive.
So all you stingy people from UK, keep off this thread hahahahahaha lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by steeee(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2008
Ya'll mixing two things here. Is it going abroad to struggle or going abroad to study.
I think the later is more valid here since 80 percent of nigerians going to sweden are there to study.
The problem with most of you is that you travel abroad foolishly. Just want to travel,make money and oppress those in Nigeria and you got your dreams dashed.
Nigeria is still the best place to live but studying abroad can even make you better in Nigeria.
I once saw an advert from glo in the newspaper. Manager with 10 years experience, MBA added advantage bla bla bla and the annual salary is 22million. It would be almost impossible for a Nigerian man to earn that outside Nigeria. Low tax, lower cost of living etc
But if you look at it from another angle, this kind of job would be competitive.
And that's where a western education can play a role.
An MBA graduate from a prestigous usa university with experience from a company like dell, microsoft vs MBA from a Nigeria uni and experience from omatek.
I guess you know who got a better chance. And what makes sweden exceptional here is that, Education is Free, though cost of living is very expensive.
So all you stingy people from UK, keep off this thread hahahahahaha
lol
@dapscol
u are the best my MAN
jUST tell them is Nigeria a goldmine ? and why is the IMMIGRATION IS GROWING HIGHER EVERY PASSING DAY ?
U see all these UK people they will always dicourage not to come over but what are they doing there
They are talking of high tax . Come to think of it what is my own grouse when the tax i will pay is being utilized and things atleat to some extent works well
Without knowing anybody u get a job .
Why do Nigerians Abroad keep discouraging the fellow citizen not to join them over there ?
Is it there MONEY or thier life that will waste
Definetly some desparados will go Abroad and disgrace the rest of us , but we still have good and trust orhty Nigerians out ther doing Business or Studying and not causing any QULAMS
and most of these black guys caught on one crime or another are not always NIGERIANS
they just claim to be ie just calling a dog a bad name

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by princeonx: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
Unless your papa na Babangida, don't travel to any country you can't get a job to take care of yourself! free education or no free education! its even better to go somewhere you will pay for that education as long as you can get a JOB while there for your everyday's life.
nothing free comes easy

The only issue I sence here is not the free education or cost of living that's bottering this guys that want to travel to Sweden but the means of them surviving over there!
inother words, they broke, want the education cux its F.O.C and at the same time they want to huzzle for $$$$$!! thats the truth take it or leave it! if you papa na Dangote, you won't come here asking this question! you'll move over there and call home when you need money!
So in other to clearly and truly give good advises on this, one need to know who's truly going for studies or huzzling!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by tinkinfela(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2008
Interesting thread.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by dempeople(m): 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2008

@emmydee

Living abroad is not really the best. You can study abroad, go on vacation but certainly, economic wise, home is better.

Well said, well said,
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by dempeople(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ASL33

Uk can never be compared with any other western european country. We leave below standard here in everything.

Transportation=zero,
Cost of leaving =way too high but rubbish stuffs.

You're spot-on, UK na nonsense 4 western world grin
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by workingirl: 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
Does anyone read, the poster is going for his/her MBA
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by shilling(f): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However,

emmydee:

I agree. Using me as a case study, I never really appreciated Naija until I left. I'm going to complete my studies, get a job, make my dough, and come back home and do something reasonable with my money, like starting up a business to employ Nigerians, that kinda thing. Cos, I know, for me, home is where my heart is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nice post,thanks for this information.
IS it true about racist in Denmark? how do you avaoid that over there.since you work there and study in Sweden.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by promise2(f): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2008
umbawo

Nice post,thanks for this information.
IS it true about racist in Denmark? how do you avaoid that over there.since you work there and study in Sweden.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Seanpoe(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
I'd like to know the standard of education there; by this i mean how acceptable are degrees obtained from there in Nigeria and everywhere else?
I'd like to go for an MSC there, I'm just concerned about how receptive Nigerian companies will be. Any input will be well appreciated.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by mide40: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2008
[flash=200,200][/flash]guys una don try, i kind of like the idea of dash in dash out that na y i won do my master for Sweden, i beg anybody don hear anything about 2008/2009 admission? deadline was 1st august, i for like to know if them don give anybody admission, later
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by oludunamis(m): 3:06am On Aug 17, 2008
Friends,

Lets be sensible in the way we respond to posts. This guy wanted information, if you have it, then go ahead and provide the info. If you think his idea of travelling to sweden is not good enough, by all means offer him/her your opinion with coutesy and in a respectiful manner.

I see no need for hurling abuses at each other, lets be civilised.

@ Poster, I might drop you some info at some point, based on my friends experience while studying there

Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ariyokunle: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2008
baby dont ask for anybody's xperience just belive God and sow a seed about this,u 're covered for sure.Even if every body dont give sweet stories about sweeden urs wld be a diferience.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by slyk2(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2008
Europe is Europe.
They have a working system that's cloned for them.
Do you wonder why most of us cannot survive there?
You can get a students visa if you have their requirements.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by futluze(m): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
well am a cool dude in dis forum just registered, gat a lil 2 say about travelling to sweden both 4 studies or 4 greener pastures,

which ever u prefer in life and u know what u want to do just go ahead and do them do not listen to poepls mouth or u will wreck urself b4 u check urself travelling to another country is ok,
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by frag(m): 1:10am On Aug 19, 2008
@ poster

Personally,i cant advice you not to go abroad for your studies.But as sweet as it looks,there are some bitter truth which you can only find out when you get there. Europe is the same irrespective of the country you are going to. Taxes must be paid,Bills will be collected and so on and so forth.
Life,generally,in europe is expensive.But the longer you stay the more you get used to it and you will eventually be comfortable. Forget about being rich like the likes of our thieving politicians. If you keep your head up high enough you will eventually be better than the GLO guy that earns N22million a year. Its going to be a very very tough at the beginning but you should be fine if you are prepared for the shits that comes with it. My advice is that you should be prepared for the most tasking time of your life,if you haven't already had one. You need to be there to know. Wish you luck.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by Jerri(f): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2008
deleted
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chi21: 1:35am On Aug 21, 2008
i have been to sweden let me tet tell u is not easy to live anywere out side nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by kayroy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
ariyokunle:

baby don't ask for anybody's xperience just believe God and sow a seed about this,u 're covered for sure.Even if every body don't give sweet stories about sweeden urs would be a diferience.
@ Ariyokunle, this is the most sensible post on this page.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by jacq(f): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2008
frag:

@ poster

Personally,i can't advice you not to go abroad for your studies.But as sweet as it looks,there are some bitter truth which you can only find out when you get there. Europe is the same irrespective of the country you are going to. Taxes must be paid,Bills will be collected and so on and so forth.
Life,generally,in europe is expensive.But the longer you stay the more you get used to it and you will eventually be comfortable. Forget about being rich like the likes of our thieving politicians. If you keep your head up high enough you will eventually be better than the GLO guy that earns N22million a year. Its going to be a very very tough at the beginning but you should be fine if you are prepared for the shits that comes with it. My advice is that you should be prepared for the most tasking time of your life,if you haven't already had one. You need to be there to know. Wish you luck.

So much truth in what u wrote here ! Every beginning is always hard expecially if u have no friend or families to show u the way,but give ur self 5 yrs in any europe country and you will feel comfortable in the country but like everything in life you need patience.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by tinkinfela(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2008
Nothing good comes easy.Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.