Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (131919 Views)

Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by henry10: 11:47am On May 09, 2009
rugina pls can u let me know more about the tax clearance.cos i dont pay tax,if i can use my sponsor tax clearance. pls u can also let me know the amout that should be in my bank account. this my emaill addy. henryplayer10@yahoo.com
thanks
henry
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by henry10: 11:48am On May 09, 2009
rugina am an undergraduate student. thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 2:21pm On May 09, 2009
@henry
about d tax clearance go to d board of internal revenue in ur state ad request 4 it. mind u , d might ask u to pay 4 it even as a student.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 1:40am On May 11, 2009
congrates to all those that got positive replys on their applications.
I completed my studies some 2 years ago in the university of malmo hia in southern sweden . I am just hearing abt the so call tax clearance . I never presented that in the embassy .When did this start .
well for all those that will make it with the visa , plz know fully well that sweden is really hard as perthere are no jobs, i mean no jobs and no one will be ready to look at ur face as per helping u with some swedish kroners .The only job for students available is to distribute newspapers at nite which have become a bit difficult to even get now not to even talk abt the harsh winter. My advice to u guys is that try and get some little money wit u that can last u for say 6mths or say one year .
People in the stockholm area will have a upper hand cos cleaning jobs are available so u can fit in. Did i hear u say cleaning ke, Thats it oooo . Thats the kind of job for people that dont know the language and from our side of the continent. wish all u guys luck as u move to the next level of coming hia , thats the visa stuff. one love,

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ntutu(m): 1:39pm On May 11, 2009
THANKS SO MYUCH umbawo FOR YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT LIFE IN SWEDEN.PLEASE HOW IS VAXJO UNIVERSITY LIKE AND WHAT ARE THE POSIBILITIES OF GETING JOB THERE TO COMPLEMENTING MY STUDIES.LIKE HOW MUCH IS ONE EXPECTED TO HAVE BEFORE TRAVELING TO SWEDEN.HOW DO ONE GET A HOUSING APARTMENT IN VAXJO.AM TO DO INTERNATIONAL LAW AND HUMAN RIGHT IN VAXJO UNIVERSITY SWEDEN.WHAT ARE THE QUESTION ONE IS EXPECTED TO SEE DURING THE INTERVIEW.PLEASE GET BACK TO ME umbawo.THANKS.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2009
umbawo:

congrates to all those that got positive replys on their applications.
I completed my studies some 2 years ago in the university of malmo hia in southern sweden . I am just hearing abt the so call tax clearance . I never presented that in the embassy .When did this start .
well for all those that will make it with the visa , plz know fully well that sweden is really hard as perthere are no jobs, i mean no jobs and no one will be ready to look at ur face as per helping u with some swedish kroners .The only job for students available is to distribute newspapers at nite which have become a bit difficult to even get now not to even talk abt the harsh winter. My advice to u guys is that try and get some little money wit u that can last u for say 6mths or say one year .
People in the stockholm area will have a upper hand cos cleaning jobs are available so u can fit in. Did i hear u say cleaning ke, Thats it oooo . Thats the kind of job for people that dont know the language and from our side of the continent. wish all u guys luck as u move to the next level of coming hia , thats the visa stuff. one love,

which doc u submit abeg advise,
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2009
@ntutu ,
Vaxjo university is a nice school but the city of vaxjo is kinda small and that makes jobs a bit difficult to get. Generally jobs are kinda hard in sweden so its not a new thing. Jobs are easier to get in copenhagen which is in denmark and that is say 3 hours from vaxjo which is not possible for u to work there and sch in vaxjo.Even if it is , u will be given a swedish residency which doesnt permit u to work in another country other than sweden,
That was the reason i applied for the university of malmo , which is say 35 mins to denmark. I was able to survive by plying the denmark - malmo route every other day.
But dont get discouraged , u could be lucky sha, but that will be real hard .

Just get say 20,000 kroners to be on the safe side.At least that will cover ur housing for say 6 mths, ur bus ticket and then some feeding doe . But pray u get something to do after that 6 mths cos it could be rough.I know of a ghana guy who after 2 mths in sweden , he had to pack his things and leave for africa cos the suffering was just unbearable. But that will not be ur portion .
The questions u will be asked in the embassy will mainly be centered n how u can support urself hia thats all. Although i now hear of them asking abt some tax clearance. I never had that on my interview becos i was on full time joint scholarship from my state government and nuffic so that made it kinda simple for me , but i tell u guys are not finding it funny without jobs.
Best of luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2009
@nethacker,

I didnt apply directly from the swedish embassy in nig . When the admission came from malmo university , i was on nuffic scholarship with the university of wageningen , netherland .
All i had to do was to come back to nig and applied for a scholarship from my state , kaduna state. It was approved and i just took all the papers for the sponsorship to holland, took it to the nuffic office and then they sent it to sweden . So i was able to round up my course in netherland in time then dropped into sweden to register. Quite easy for me . But i guess u will be told wat to bring when u go to the embassy for the visa . But just know that the most important thing is the acct statement.
Best of luck
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 2:41am On May 14, 2009
Hi all while stil talking abt embassy stuf, hw do we go abt gettin an accomodation? is it risk touchin sweden without one?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by umbawo(m): 4:57am On May 14, 2009
@chigsmith
u have to be persent hia to get an accomodation in the city where ur school is located .There are some student houses available by the school but ur first few days will be with friends or rather a cheap hotel or room from where u will process ur resident permit card and personal number
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2009
@umbawo, Have u left sweden or u r still there?if u still there can u link me up with someone(Undergraduate )who enter sweden from 9ja?cheers
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 8:31am On May 14, 2009
hello, has any1 gotten a notification for undergraduate?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2009
@khunleah, status"preparation for selection"
the result is not yet pasted, do u hv any other info on how to apply for visa, reach me
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 10:27am On May 14, 2009
the result has been pasted, check,i was placed on reserve, can any1 explain this?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 10:36am On May 14, 2009
Please everyone should join me and thank God for the success of the first phase, I got admitted into university of Boras to study "BSc in Industrial Engineering - International Business Engineering". I don't actually know how to praise to for the success of the first part. In another school, i was placed on reserved list of 52 student, where 99 was admitted, this mean that if i'm interested to study in that university, i should wait for any available space (maybe from an admitted student who refuse to reply or process his/her admission). But thank God i'm not interested on the reserve list, cos another school gave me admission. So guys let me know about the status of you application and plan together on how to move forward. I hope to hear from you all soon. Goodluck to all.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 10:50am On May 14, 2009
@khunleah,i was admitted but for 60cr unit course(which i think it's just for a year), who knows about it,
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 11:07am On May 14, 2009
@binaflexia, that is a gud news. pls wat is the fate of the reserved candidate?@nethacker , is it possible for me to get the admission, and when nxt is the notification for the second selection be out?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 11:24am On May 14, 2009
@binaflexia, that is a gud news. pls wat is the fate of the reserved candidate?@nethacker , is it possible for me to get the admission, and when nxt is the notification for the second selection be out?
I thank the almighty God for that. For your question, the next notification selection round will be published on the studera homepage. About the possibility of a reserve student getting admission, I think it is possible for you to be selected in the next round of if your result is top on the list among others (I mean good grade in your O'level result). Finally, just hope on and pray to God. Mine was just miracle, only 79 students were given admission and i was among the selected, despite my location. Good luck!
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 11:33am On May 14, 2009
Nethacker, "Network Design and Computer Management" is 60 cr and a 1 year program. From the information i read on the net, i understand that if you plan to stay in Sweden for more than a year, you will be required to provide your medical health insurance, which in my opinion is not easy to secure. Just try and do what you can. God help you!.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 11:45am On May 14, 2009
@binaflexia, can i av ur number or mail address, is any1 here havin the same issue of reserve list. pls get back to me. i will be glad to hear frm u all Good luck and may God fulfilled all our dreams
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by bjluv: 9:12am On May 15, 2009
so how many people got admission and coming here? lol
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by khunleah: 9:34am On May 15, 2009
pls wat is the fate of we are the reserve list? has any1 got this experience before?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 9:38am On May 15, 2009
bjluv:

@bjluv, can i have ur chat id or email?make we rap, urgent, i was admitted by Halmstad to study network design and comp.mgt which is a year course but can be continued if one wishes, wat is d possibility of getting a visa for i wan send my application by monday,
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 12:22pm On May 15, 2009
bjluv:

Bro, i got admitted, but i have not received my admission letter yet. What can you say about this, and how did you got your letter when you were admitted. Any helpful info about the visa processing. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by chigsmith: 12:32pm On May 15, 2009
Wen do u people hope to apply 4 ur resident permits?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 12:42pm On May 15, 2009
chigsmith:

Wen do u people hope to apply 4 ur resident permits?

Have u gotten ur admission letter?
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by nethacker(m): 12:44pm On May 15, 2009
@ i have aplied but havent sent my apllication to the embassy, hope to do that on Monday
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ntutu(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2009
PLEASE ALL THR NAIRALAND USER HELP ME IN THANKING ALMIGHTY GOD FOR MAKING ME BE AMONG THOSE GIVEN ADMISSION THIS FIRST SELECTION ROUND.I WAST ADMITED BY VAXJO UNIVERSITY TO DO INTERNATIONAL LAW AND HUMAN RIGHT.AM SO MUCH HAPPY FOR THAT.ANY BODY HERE WHO GOT ADMITED?MY EMAIL IS zeuskyrocky@yahoo.co.uk.AM ONLINE NOW.EMMANUEL.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by femo86(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2009
Dis is to those that have apllied thru the STUDERA.NU,
i am trying to create my user email account in order to save it but at
the REGISTARTION CHECK I.E THE CHARACTER/DIGIT SHOWN IN THE BOX.some xter are
bold while some are not, u know wat i mean if u have gone thru it.I am having problem saving it.Reply was Incorrect interpretation of word in which i wrote down exactly wat was displayed.

pls help
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by josecomm: 6:38am On May 16, 2009
if u got admitted what is the next step to take, cos u have to reply to them by clicking yes on the reply botton at studera but the reply bottton is not alighting does anyone knows anything about what am talking about. check this link it may be helpful to u, http://wiki.andreineculau.com/Studera.nu_Pre-Admission
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by binaflexia: 12:59pm On May 16, 2009
josecomm:

if u got admitted what is the next step to take, cos u have to reply to them by clicking yes on the reply botton at studera but the reply bottton is not alighting does anyone knows anything about what am talking about. check this link it may be helpful to u, http://wiki.andreineculau.com/Studera.nu_Pre-Admission

Waoh, that page was very very informative. Thanks a lot! Guys check it out what you want might just be explained there!.
Re: Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally by ofala(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2009
I really wonder why people spend so much time talking about recession and not-having money when they can actually spend that same time figuring out how best to make more money.One way to start now is to find those who may be important on your way up.Find anybody on the internet with just one click : http:///q825ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.