Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Pls Help Me With My Pc - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Help Me With My Pc (686 Views)

My PC Can No Longer Detect My Mobile Hotspot But Can Detect Others / How Can Instal Peachtree Software On My PC / How Can I Practice Programming on My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me With My Pc by nettwrock(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pls help me I bought a PC,ON loading it,I Found out dat the Local disk has 7GB&the R.A.M has 128MB,and i want to use it to run,joomla,MS OFFICE,WORDPRESS,&lot more,pls I want ur honest Opinion.what should I do?
Re: Pls Help Me With My Pc by Eesyboi: 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
To be bias, the PC is USELESS! Since your PC will be awful slow.

But upgrading the hard disk and memory will render your PC USEFUL.. grin

A minimum of 512MB is recommended for your RAM and 50GB for the Hard disk.
Re: Pls Help Me With My Pc by Gerardcole(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
I hope its not those that are smuggled that you patronized?

You should get a good laptop. I'm one kinda person that doesn't believe in hardware upgrade. Can you upgrade the screen or upgrade the processor or upgrade the GPU?

To me I'll say you return the PC and get a better one. if you don't have the money, save the one you have now and when it's enough get a good one.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With My Pc by adewasco2k(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
hey bro see below:
Eesyboi: To be bias, the PC is USELESS! Since your PC will be awful slow.

But upgrading the hard disk and memory will render your PC USEFUL.. grin

A minimum of 512MB is recommended for your RAM and 50GB for the Hard disk.

now read this:
Gerardcole: I hope its not those that are smuggled that you patronized?

You should get a good laptop. I'm one kinda person that doesn't believe in hardware upgrade. Can you upgrade the screen or upgrade the processor or upgrade the GPU?

To me I'll say you return the PC and get a better one. if you don't have the money, save the one you have now and when it's enough get a good one.

i cant say more than Gerardcole has said, there are things you cant upgrade, if you like put 6GB RAM and 1TB HDD it will not even work on it though because i know its not meant to support those but if it those your system will still be damn unusable
Re: Pls Help Me With My Pc by sarutobi: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
nettwrock: Pls help me I bought a PC,ON loading it,I Found out dat the Local disk has 7GB&the R.A.M has 128MB,and i want to use it to run,joomla,MS OFFICE,WORDPRESS,&lot more,pls I want ur honest Opinion.what should I do?

U forgot to mention its processor. 7gb is ok if its only programming u need but i recommend you upgrade ur HDD to at least 20GB.
Upgrade the RAM to 512MB. Thats all u need.

If u want the PC to run even more smoothly install windows xp.

Lastly, if u dont mind u can install a very light debian distro like crunchbang. I use it on my laptop (dell 610), and it has 512 ram 10gb HDD. after boot, crunchbang only uses up 82MB of RAM, leaving the rest for other tasks like programming.

PHP based apps like joomla will run smoothly under this configuration.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Those Who Their Username Was Changed! / Game Development: 2D Multiplatform Game / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.