Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719143 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by opeoluwa2(f): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Flakky, I must confess you write very well. You are good at painting pictures with letters. You must monetize this your gift

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
nice work Flakky. more grease

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks flakky... another update on Friday I suppose wink

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by khennykhay(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good job flakkydagal more grease to ur elbow, more ink to ur pen,
expecting update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by aprilwise(m): 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
evergreen story. waiting for Jacob's secret to be revealed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by marianneada(f): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks for d update,dis story is really touching.u're a prolific writer,try to be a scriptwriter,reading ur story makes me think I'm watching a movie.kudos to u smileycan't stop smiling after reading each episode.u always make my day.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by donkross1(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2016
Sageez:
lol! but it is not yet a year. waiting for your update dear

undecided you dey wait for person update. Why did you abandon our story undecided
Re: My Husband......... by toocute4uall(f): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for the update....I was really hoping to get d Friday one at least to mark my birthday smiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Opracus(f): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2016
welldone ma,more ink to ur golden pen ,waiting for update

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Sageez(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
donkross1:

undecided you dey wait for person update. Why did you abandon our story undecided
big bro, i didn't. i have written 2 episodes, i want to make it longer than the previous. but i go update this weekend. i think say you no observe. lol
Re: My Husband......... by donkross1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sageez:
big bro, i didn't. i have written 2 episodes, i want to make it longer than the previous. but i go update this weekend. i think say you no observe. lol

I dey observe you with corner eye na grin

Baba which one na, I want make you help me vote for Refiner as Miss Nairaland tomorrow abeg. I go tag you for one thread tomorrow to tell you how to go about it. You in bro?
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
donkross1:

I dey observe you with corner eye na grin

Baba which one na, I want make you help me vote for Refiner as Miss Nairaland tomorrow abeg. I go tag you for one thread tomorrow to tell you how to go about it. You in bro?
Cc:Sageez
Cc:Donkross...please don't derail this thread.Thanks.
Re: My Husband......... by donkross1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
Flakkydagirl:

cheesy cheesy Boss Boss. No vex for me abeg. Make I dey go as you don banish me from your thread cry
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
donkross1:

cheesy cheesy Boss Boss. No vex for me abeg. Make I dey go as you don banish me from your thread cry
Na God be boss o
I no fit to banish una o
I no reach to do that sir.
I just didn't want the thread to turn to a campaign ground ni sir.
Respect.
Re: My Husband......... by donkross1(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
Na God be boss o
I no fit to banish una o
I no reach to do that sir.
I just didn't want the thread to turn to a campaign ground ni sir.
Respect.

Lool. Okay okay I won't turn it into a campaign ground cheesy. In fact reserve a seat for me in vip, I am coming to read dz story after elections

Buh u sef endeavour to vote for Refiner, I will mention you tomorrow so you can vote *WeavesHotSlap n RunsAway***

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Sageez(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
Flakkydagirl:

I am very sorry ma'am.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by rachealfst(f): 12:33am On Jun 25, 2016
I so much love this story,thanks for the update. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by nabla(f): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks 4 d update,don kross so u don land 4 here again

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by SweetieConstie(f): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for the updates ma'am Flakky... smiley

Please ma, we crave your indulgence to kindly update soon! This story is captivating... Thank you ma! grin

CC: Flakkydagirl

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
grin
SweetieConstie:
Thanks for the updates ma'am Flakky... smiley

Please ma, we crave your indulgence to kindly update soon! This story is captivating... Thank you ma! grin

CC: Flakkydagirl
You're highly welcome.

Updates resumes tomorrow morning by PHCN's grace.grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2016
[size=16pt] Episode 112 [/size]

When the door opened,the first person he saw was his mother,then he saw her too,his wife sat on the sofa curled up in a cardigan,the children sat with Funmi across from Jane.
"Mummy." He called surprised to see her,but the returning scowl on his mother's face alerted him that something was amiss.
"Welcome." Funmi responded and returned her attention to the tv.The children rushed to meet him,he carried Eve first,kissed her on the cheeks and did the same to Adam.
He went up to his room,freshened up and came down for dinner of boiled rice with fresh fish stew laced with crayfish,and moimoi.He enjoyed his meal,even though he made sure he wasn't making eye contact with his mother.He wondered what she was doing here,she hadn't informed him before hand.He knew Jane could not have called her,that was impossible.
Funmi informed her son that she had something important to discuss with him.He seemed quite impatient though,the moment the children went to bed,he asked her what the matter was.And they went up together.
Jacob sat on the bed,while his mother turned the chair by the dressing table to face him.She was quiet while holding eye contact with him.
"Mummy what is it the matter? Are you ill?" Jacob asked concerned.
Funmi remained still,she shook her head,and got up,"I am not ill,but have you attended to your wife who is ill?"
Jacob sensed where the discussion was heading to,"Jane is not ill,she fell down in the kitchen and she's okay."
Funmi laughed,"I don't know who the better liar is,your wife said she fell down the stairs,you just said she fell in the kitchen,which of this lie am I supposed to believe?"
Jacob scoffed,"Actually,she fell down the stairs." He rubbed his palms together."I had forgotten."
"God,this can't be true,you don't even have a sense of remorse in you,I had to force the truth out of her,are you even sorry for raising your hands on that woman?" Funmi asked facing her son.
"From where did that come from Mummy,I did no such thing." Jacob countered.
"You even lie to my face,you deny her,when did this begin?"
"Look mother,whatever happens in this house remains in this house,I don't know how you came about such assumptions." Jacob got up.
Funmi blocked his way,"Are you really going to walk out on me? What did she do to deserve all that from you?"
Jacob shook his head,and returned to his former position,the bed,he sat down and bowed his head."Jane has changed,she no longer respects me,she does as she likes,I don't know what to do about it." He sighed.
"Even if all these accusations are true,of which I doubt,it still doesn't warrant you beating her like a child,for pete's sake she is the mother of your children."
Funmi clapped her hands three times in the yoruba fashion of amazement,before placing it at her hips,"What do I tell her parents,when this leaks out?what kind of image are you painting of this name?" She shook her head."Well,this is between I and my wife,we will find a way to settle it." Jacob said.
"You better do,and let this be the very last time that you'll raise your hands on her again,if not,you will see the other side of me.You better ask her to forgive you too." Funmi shot at him angrily,she picked her bag on the dressing table and her phone too."I'm going home." She said slamming the door.
Jane was hypnotised,she had been eavesdropping on mother and son conversation for the past thirty minutes behind the door,she scurried down in time.she had barely settled into her seat when Funmi came to her.
"I have spoken to your husband,it won't happen again,please forgive him,and settle your issues amicably,my regards to those little angels.Let me be on my way now."Funmi said smiling at Jane. "Ah Mummy,thank you so much,I am very grateful."She curstsied,"And its past seven already,why don't you wait till tomorrow ma?"
"No,I can find my way." She made for the door. Jacob came down. "Good night ma." Jane bade her.
"Mummy its late already." He said following her outside. "I drove myself here,I don't need a babysitter."Funmi said to him. "Alright,let me drive you home." He suggested as Funmi got into the car and blew the horn for the security man to open the gate for her car.
"Go and make peace with your wife."She said and drove out of the compound,waving goodbye to the man on his duty post.Jacob stood and leaned against the wall.Painful memories of his hand raised up against his wife flashed in his mind,and he stiffled a yell.
"When did I become like this,so I have degenerated to a wife beater?" He asked himself,it would be a bad headline that could soil the goodwill his business enjoyed home and abroad.Oh my God,"She must detest me so much." He soliloguised."How could I have stooped so low to become a beast?" He questioned himself.He straightened up and began to walk inside.
He saw Jane enter the kitchen as he walked in,he followed after standing by the door,he watched her pick out some apples from the fridge and began to slice it in another dish.The movement of her hands stopped and she froze sensing his presence.
He walked up to her,"There is nothing I can say to defend myself,but I am sorry for everything." He said touched her shoulders and left.
Jane let out a quick breath,she knew he was merely acting on his mother's instruction.That didn't stop him for falling back on his words.She carried the dish to the sitting room,where she was watching a music show on tv.She ate the apples and drank some water.Her phone rang and she picked it.Chuks was calling to check on her health,she also spoke with his daughter.The little girl was a talkative.After ending the call,she called Hannah to check if they were in Lagos already.And she was glad to find out that they were in Lagos now.
She must have dozed off the couch,because when she opened her eyes some minutes past one in the morning.She found herself on the bed.She got up and went into the toilet.She tried to remember how she got into bed.She had felt herself snuggling into someone.It must have been her husband carrying her up the stairs.So much for miracles,but for how long before his demons consumed him again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 11:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Cont'd

"Welcome to my home." Hannah smiled beautifully,she was glowing too,perhaps it was Abuja sun that was making her glow.....She wore a black jean trousers with white polo and face cap.She led Rekia inside the duplex,and told her to make herself comfortable in the sitting room.
"Thank you babe,so how was your trip?" Rekia asked sipping juice from a glass,she crossed her leg in the usual fashion,her blue shiffon top looked good over white trousers.she looked around the sitting room."It was great,we got back two days ago,it wasn't easy cleaning up the whole house,arranging all our stuff to fit.we had to go to the market to shop for foodstuffs and some items for the house,most of our wedding gifts are still wrapped up in the store room,I only got to rest yesterday,I slept like a log of wood,half of the day because my husband resumed work yesterday." Hannah gisted her friend.
"Wow,welldone,you should have called me now to help you out."She smiled,"Is everything ready now?"
"Almost,just some finishing touches here and there,I'll also be resuming to work on Monday."Hannah told Rekia."Are you not going to gist me about your honey moon?"
Hannah smiled shyly,"Ade was a darling."She stressed the darling in a cute way,rolling her eyes."It was as if I was seeing another part of him,he spoiled me silly,he would cook,bath me,feed me,dress me up,he made me feel young once again."
"Oh my God,Rekia this man I married is mine,we shopped for days,he's such an angel to me,I'll choose him all over again." Hannah blushed. "And on the bed?"Rekia asked."Since you forgot to mention that."She winked.
"No way am I telling you that,my husband is fantastic anyway."Hannah laughed,"Come let me show you some of the things he bought me,and the stuff I got for you and Toun." Rekia got up and followed after Hannah who led the way to very spacious bedroom.The bed was big,infact five people could comfortable sleep in it without making body contact.A magnificent wardrobe stood against the wall.A dirt bin in a corner and a beautiful dressing table with two seats on it were arranged different body and hair products.Make up kits,colognes,sprays and the others.
Rekia loved the blue and white theme painting of the room."This is the most beautiful room in this house." She commented,picking the remote to switch on the plasma tv.It had an inbuilt toilet and a bathroom too. "Thank you,oya sit down." She beckoned to Rekia. Hannah brought out the pictures they took on their honey moon and handed it to Rekia while she brought out some shopping bags.
Rekia examined the bags,it contained dresses,shoes,bags,jewellries and some other items."This looks beautiful." She exclaimed.
"Here,have this." Hannah picked three blouse,a red skirt,a wristwatch and a set of jewellry and handed it to Rekia.
"All of this?"
"Yes."
"Thanks dear." Rekia embraced Hannah,while the latter packed the clothes in a small bag."It's time for you to eat,I specially made ofada rice for you,and the stew was spiced with shreded chicken,smoked fish and crayfish."
"Please,my mouth is watering,I want to eat o." Rekia got up and they went to the kitchen where the dinning was.Hannah dished the food and they ate while talking."I hope I impressed you?"
"Big time,you did." Rekia laughed between mouthful and drank a glass of water to step it down,before Hannah opened a bottle of red wine.They sat there and discussed,"Did Adetoun inform you of anything?" Rekia asked cautiously,although she doubted if Adetoun had told Hannah.
"No.....is anything the matter?"She asked,"I got her mail while I was in Abuja,but I haven't gone through it."
Rekia wasted no time in reeling out all that happened to Hannah in details without mincing words,and even the latest one where she tongue lashed her for embracing her brother and almost beat her up some days ago.Thanks to Adekunle's presence that evening.
Hannah's jaw was dropping in cute surprise,"Is this a joke or some welcome back from your honeymoon prank?"
"This is no joking issue."
"You mean Toun spilled it all like that?"
"She did."
Hannah rushed to embrace Rekia,"She wouldn't have done it if I was around,how could she be so heartless and mean."She said.
"I am as surprised as you." Rekia let out.
"So what is Adekunle saying about it?"
"That is the only reason I am happy,he's with me all the way,he is ready to fight for me."
"Have you told him everything?"
"Yes I have,and he's been so supportive."Rekia sobbed."He's all I have now."
Hannah returned to her seat,"Don't worry you have me too,as long as you and Kunle know what you're getting yourself into."
"I still can't believe Adetoun did that." Hannah shook her head,"She said she'll be coming by this weekend sha."
"That's life o Hannah,to think she was the first person I met before you,and she betrayed me like that."
"Please forget it,let's work together to better the future." Rekia said,they enjoyed their discusion for another one hour before Rekia took her leave."So you will not wait for my husband?"
"I'll see Ade some other time,I still have a little to shopping to do." Rekia said as Hannah saw her off,she got into her car and drove off.
Rekia still had some shopping to do,she didn't cook much these days,she depended on can soup and fast food.she had bought some things she needed,when some guy walked up to her and pleaded with her to help flash his phone.He reeled out his number off hand and she typed it and put a call through.They were both surprised to hear the phone ring in his back pocket.They both laughed,to think he had the phone there all this while.He insisted on buying her a drink as thank you,but she declined.He thanked her as she got out of the mall with her bag in hand.
Nothing sounded more soothing and tempting than a warm bath,when she got home,she changed and showered.she went into the kitchen brought out a can soup warmed it in the microwave and poured it in a plate,opening a pack of buttered bread,she arranged it in a tray and went to the sitting room.She was the only one at home.She made a cup of tea too.
She had just taken her first swallow,when her phone beeped,it was a message from a number that was not listed on her phone.In fact it was a lovely message that brought a cute smile to her tired features.She was still smiling,when a call came through,it was the same number."Hello" she put the phone to her ears.
"Hi beautiful." A male voice answered from the other end."I finally got your number." The person laughed.
"Who is this and what do you want?" She asked.
"I asked my driver to get your number at the mall,his phone wasn't missing,it was only a ploy to get your digits.I am Yaro Yahaya,enjoy a beautiful night rest." The call ended.
"Gosh! I should have known better." She said,remembering how she gave that man her number.She hissed and dropped her phone.She wouldn't let that get to her,she had other pressing issues at the moment.She had an appointment with Adekunle in their house,he was making it official.She would be meeting his mum and sister,the thought alone sent a beautiful smile up her lips as she sipped her tea.
"Ouch" she shouted,the tea was still hot.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Cont'd

Ajoke saw her friends off to the car,"Thank's for coming dear,and the gifts too." She said,leaning on Cynthia's car."You're welcome,and thanks for the hospitality." She smiled,she was wearing a blue material iro and buba,with the Iro stylishly wrapped to keep the knot right in the front.Her hair was packed in a ponytail,and her eye shade hung on her buba.
"I thought you said your mother-in-law was a troublesome woman,because that woman has been so nice to you since we got here."Cynthia stated. "Yes,she bathed the baby and dressed him up,fed him and laid him to bed,what else is she supposed to have done o." Jane added dropping her purse in the car.
Jane was a lot better now,she wore an Ankara blouse and skirt,with a high heeled sandal."Don't mind that woman o,that's's the way she behaves whenever there's a visitor in the house,the moment they leave,she begins her troubles." Ajoke told her friend in hushed tone.
They all laughed,Cynthia clapped her hands,"That's serious."
"Well,that's my cross to bear o."Ajoke laughed,"I am even used to it already,thanks to my husband for his loving and caring for I and the kids." She said.
"Okay o,let us be on our way now." Jane said glancing at the watch fastened to her wrist.Cynthia got into the drivers seat,"My regards to your husband." Jane got into the passengers seat and fastened her belt."See you soon." She waved as the engine roared to life.
The sun had gone to roost when the taxi dropped her at home,she paid her fare and went inside,her husband's car was there,which means he was back from work.The children ran to embrace her when she got in,she sat in the sitting room,and took off her shoes."How was your school today?" She asked.
"Fine." Adam said,"How was your day mum?"
"Beautiful,I and Aunty Cynthia went to see Aunty Ajoke's new baby at her house." She told them.Eve came to sit by her,"Mummy when will you give me a new baby,that I can carry?" She asked innocently.Jane smiled,"You already have a big teddy bear that you can carry,she's your baby."
"No mummy." Adam said,"The baby that you will carry in your stomach,and you will go to hospital and doctor will say push push push,and you will come home with baby and there will be a party."He explained what he wanted.
Jane burst into laughter while trying to come up with a suitable answer. "Wow,don't worry when God gives mummy a baby,we will have a party."Jacob's baritone voice sounded from behind them coming to her rescue.
Adam rushed to meet his father,"That's my daddy,daddy give me five." He thrust his five fingers up and Jacob brought his five fingers down to meet with his.They laughed.
"Mummy we too." Eve said,Jane and Eve did the same and they all burst into laughter. "Okay okay." Jacob cleared his throat."Dinner is almost ready." He said disappeared into the kitchen.
"Mummy,daddy is cooking your favorite,he says its a surprise." Eve whispered in Jane's ear.
"Yes,we're having boiled yam with fried egg tonight." Adam joined in.Jane couldn't suppress her giggling.Her husband Jacob,in the kitchen,strange things were happening indeed,so this man feared his mother like this,if she had known all this while she would have reported to Funmi.
"Alright my angels,let me go up and freshen up." Jane got,picked her purse and carried her shoes in her hand.
"Mummy can I come with you?" Eve asked.
"No,you can't,mummy said its wrong for children to be in the presence of adult when they're taking their bath or dressing."Adam winked at his sister. "Go and join your daddy in the kitchen,I'll come down soon."
Jane went up and freshened up,she changed into white shorts and a backless white top.Her phone rang,it was Chuks,he sounded quite excited,he said he had something he wanted to show to her.And also made her promise to come see he and Chioma,he dropped the call,and she called Cynthia,she was stuck in traffic but would soon be home.
Dinner was sumptuos to her amazement,and to think Jacob prepared it.Jesus is Lord! He is our saviour,she smiled to herself.He was acting like the Jacob she married,he even cleared the dishes and washed them with the kids.
Jane waited patiently in bed for her husband,she guessed he would have something to say.she had sprayed her body and she oozed of a apple fragrance."Honey are you asleep?" Jacob said shutting the door.Honey? Did he just call her honey?
Jane stirred and opened her eyes,"No." She replied curtly.
"I...I...want to talk with you." He said sitting by the bed,"Okay." Jane nodded. "Please sit up." He said
Jane sat up,and propped her back against the frame of the bed,a pillow lay across her laps.
"Thanks,I really... ..." Jacob's speech was cut short with the sound of his ringing phone.
"You have a call." Jane cursed the caller who was spoiling her moment,she sat straight faced,but she giggled inside.
"It can wait." He replied,"You see,I really don't know where to start from,but I'll start from here." He woved his palms together,the phone began to ring. "I think you should take the call." She said.
Jacob was reluctant to do so,he got up and picked the mobile gadget,it was an unlisted number."Hello" he said into the mouthpiece.
"What?" He almost shouted.
"Accident?Where?" Now he sounded alarm,Jane had gotten up too. "The address please?" The caller reeled out the address to him over the phone.
"I'll be there right away,thank you." Jacob dropped the call and faced his wife.

Don't forget to leave a thought.
See you guys later....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband......... by slimsue(f): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
A nice one here. I thought Adekunle's mum is dead? Pls check it. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Twizzy30(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks for d update. Suspence filled....

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by omobola200(f): 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks for the update, loved the suspense. keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Missmossy(f): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Full of intrigue cheesy kudos Flakky.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by bummybummy(f): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
tnx 4 d update nd suspense but dntt kil m ooooo cos it z 2 much

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by singlefade25(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
YOU ARE THE BEST......FLAKKY

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Holashikemi(f): 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
hope is nt wat am thinking o# his mum :ohope is nt wat am thinking o# his mum

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Shakyroh320(f): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
this suspense is too much now,biko

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Kflorencek(f): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
accident!!! OMG, I hope it's not what I'm thinking. thanks alot Ma'am Flakky you are a natural, more Grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.