Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719181 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by charytea(f): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Flakkygirl... You Shouldn't av started this story if you can't end it. I really enjoyed the story, I wish you complete this soon. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
Na wa oh, do you guys pay her to write this story? Someone please explain to me, I must have missed something. Is it no longer freewill writing? For crying out loud she's a human like every one of us, thus she has things to do. It won't be a crime either, if she comes out to say she can't complete this story.. she has done enough allready. You, the ready can as well pick one of those previous posts as your happy or sad ending, and let writer and her story be. Some of the comments are really demeaning and frustrating. Infact, I'm beginning to think some of these persons putting up these comments have some sort of or page that survives on such stories. Treat your fever and let flakky be.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by iamharkinwaley: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
2241 . MISSOPTIMIST (f ): Quote Post
Na wa oh, do you guys pay her to write this story? Someone please explain to me, I must have missed something. Is it no longer freewill writing? For crying out loud she's a human like every one of us, thus she has things to do. It won't be a crime either, if she comes out to say she can't complete this story.. she has done enough allready. You, the ready can as well pick one of those previous posts as your happy or sad ending, and let writer and her story be. Some of the comments are really demeaning and frustrating. Infact, I'm beginning to think some of these persons putting up these comments have some sort of or page that survives on such stories. Treat your fever and let flakky be.
Re: My Husband......... by iamharkinwaley: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
I agree with u Missoptimist, u guys should let her be,after all you ain't paying her and m sure you guys can't deny the fact of finding the story fascinating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband......... by vivor: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
Incase the two posters above me are just coming in, when flakky started the story she said she's open to criticism, dat means ur opinion either gud or bad can help improve the story or make it worst, she's a gud writer quite alright but dos dat have some criticism are just trying to help her improve en push ha beyond ha limit, and dos dat r praising her, are encouraging her en giving her more strength to go on. That's Wat writers get, if no one criticizes ur work den u shud knw sth is wrg. So get things straight before blabbing next time.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2016
vivor:
Incase the two posters above me are just coming in, when flakky started the story she said she's open to criticism, dat means ur opinion either gud or bad can help improve the story or make it worst, she's a gud writer quite alright but dos dat have some criticism are just trying to help her improve en push ha beyond ha limit, and dos dat r praising her, are encouraging her en giving her more strength to go on. That's Wat writers get, if no one criticizes ur work den u shud knw sth is wrg. So get things straight before blabbing next time.
You are right

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by cultureclub1983: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2016
If they must know, Even the Nigerian writer Achebe's there was a country received more negative criticism than positive ones. If you feel literature is all about blowing a writer's horn, sorry to burst your bubbles but you would only be sending this writer to Baghdad orChad to publish her works.
Here, i am not saying the writer has no raw talent, she has. But she needs to read more and more about the works of others. This piece is very unstructured. To tell you the plain truth, esteemed readers of novels wouldn't pass a page on this. Why? Well because they can't comprehend the trend in the story. Look at Jacob and Jane. If it's not yam and egg, its bean cake and oaths, then it's Adam that makes them start a fight. Now we have good Jacob returning a kiss. Poof! Look------- readers like to be caught out nakedly with surprise. You don't have to make them see it coming. We all know Jane would talk and Jacob would smite her------bla bla bla!!!!!
Then you bring in the private life of her sister hannah, her two friends and their fiancees ---------- In fact, this is template for a " color riot"
Look at Romeo and Juliet ---or perhaps like the Nigerian half of a yellow sun which is not a play. That novel circled around 2 lovers. But other surbodinate characters were used to grease the happenings surrounding the lovers. Or did Chimamanda start telling us the life history of Ojukwu as well? Please, may i boast that i've a minuscule experience on literal criticism, donating my 3quids

11 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Akposb(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Cultureclub1983 you spot on with your argument. I just hope Flakkydagirl will take the advice you have given.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
Thanks to you all for your comment and criticisms........

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by cultureclub1983: 12:42am On Aug 08, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
Thanks to you all for your comment and criticisms........

you are most welcome love.

Here are my numbers if you want to reach me on literal advise

+9 05338799224, +9 05338773142

or

+44 19288394022
Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2016
Madam flakky, kudud for the job so far, please when is the next update please.. We long for the end of the story already
Re: My Husband......... by Eniqurl(f): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2016
Pls complete dz story.
Re: My Husband......... by Dman00(m): 3:22am On Aug 15, 2016
pls complete the story
Re: My Husband......... by SweetieConstie(f): 7:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello ma, smiley please, kindly complete this story...

CC: Flakkydagirl
Re: My Husband......... by unitysheart(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm, This kind matter no make me start to read another story for Nairaland. The wait seem to be endless.

cool
Re: My Husband......... by cultureclub1983: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2016
Guys read The complete Prose------ MEMOIRS OF A LAGOS PLAYBOY. Thats a good one.
Re: My Husband......... by yeancahwunmi(f): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Cultureclub1983 please post the link if it's here on NL
Re: My Husband......... by cultureclub1983: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
yeancahwunmi:
Cultureclub1983 please post the link if it's here on NL

https://www.google.com.cy/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi41NjEwMbOAhXHShQKHaN2CbIQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Foluseyismiles.%2Fcategory%2Fmemoirs-of-a-lagos-playboy%2F&usg=AFQjCNF0-mhH6QEXIsZY08fG1k6rL6xSdg&bvm=bv.129759880,d.bGg

you would love it. its a 40 episode prose
Re: My Husband......... by hemama(f): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice story

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2016
Madam flakky... Hw u doing, n hw is life treating you?... I think you have a vision to finish this story 2020.. Well, dats Naija for u.. Vision 2020 cool
Re: My Husband......... by uthman305(m): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2016
Lolzzzz
Re: My Husband......... by Topscoque(f): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
U guys shld read Allen Avenue, the Devil has d money. They are complete
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nor be by force to start story wey you nor go fit finish o,more than three years one story, meteeeeew nonsense and ingredients

3 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
cekhoe:
Nor be by force to start story wey you nor go fit finish o,more than three years one story, meteeeeew nonsense and ingredients
ingredients ke.. which ingredients O.. d one for jollof rice or fried rice... na green beans or what. make una wait na.. VISION 2020 In progress
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 01, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

ingredients ke.. which ingredients O.. d one for jollof rice or fried rice... na green beans or what. make una wait na.. VISION 2020 In progress
it's just annoying jor, maybe she thinks her story is the next best thing after jollof rice, I don kukuma unfollow the thread, it's not worth it,I see notifications only to view the thread and see comments with no update, na she be the only writer for nl,wey she go dey use almost 4 years write one story, like you rightly said, vision 2020 in progress

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Randyblincks(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
cekhoe:
it's just annoying jor, maybe she thinks her story is the next best thing after jollof rice, I don kukuma unfollow the thread, it's not worth it,I see notifications only to view the thread and see comments with no update, na she be the only writer for nl,wey she go dey use almost 4 years write one story, like you rightly said, vision 2020 in progress
Ah ah... Easy na
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
Randyblincks:
Ah ah... Easy na
well this is me being easy, she better come down from that her high horse that makes her think she is too good of a writer to be unfollowed

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by JummyGee: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2016
Please let's take it easy with her......she might be sick or in a position that put her into this.Even thou am a ghost reader i knew She has not gone this far before and we should worried and pray for her well being. And if there is anyone that knows her contact should please check on her......thanks all

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by oluwaemmanuel: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
call:08185370902 dats d digit on ha profile.. she was last seen 8:53am today.. so can u see dat
Re: My Husband......... by Peterrock558(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
KingzPen:
Flakky Dearie,

My advice for today are:

1. When describing your characters, don't use physical description but make comparison, that would task your readers to figure out.

E.g He is tall. instead write, Shorter folks tilt theirs necks at an angle of elevation to gaze at him.

2. Create characters one after the other, not two or three at once. Make sure your readers have connected well with the very one you've created before moving to the next...

Am Also Guilty Of The Above So Am Talking To Myself Too...

We Learn Everyday...

Waiting For The Next...

KingzPen...

Awesome. Nice one
Re: My Husband......... by naftos(f): 6:39am On Sep 04, 2016
cekhoe:
hi pls, how will i unfollow a thread and still get notification. Thanx
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 04, 2016
naftos:
hi pls, how will i unfollow a thread and still get notification. Thanx
you can't unfollow and still get notifications, if you want to check up on the thread just go to your profile check post you have made you will find the thread there

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.