Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66185 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
This must be the work of R'hllor. The fire god devoured this thread.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
Bawss1: This must be the work of R'hllor. The fire god devoured this thread.

Looks like something the Stranger would do.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2014
I hate ebooks, I swear. I still feel like I haven't really read the five books. Wish I could find the hard copies and a gun sad

Thank goodness we still have this thread.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2014
Bawss1: This must be the work of R'hllor. The fire god devoured this thread.
grin
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2014
@ihedinobi2

Why do you feel like you haven't read the 5 books? Was there a problem with your copy of ebooks?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
Bawss1: @ihedinobi2

Why do you feel like you haven't read the 5 books? Was there a problem with your copy of ebooks?

Maybe R'llor took it along with half of Nairaland's data.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
Bawss1: @ihedinobi2

No problem, bro. I just love the feel of paper and the fact that I can start reading anywhere, get puzzled, flip pages until I see a possible explanation and then go back to where I was reading. Haven't got to using e-readers like that. sad
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2014
oluamid:

Maybe R'llor took it along with half of Nairaland's data.

grin grin Him no fit!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
ihedinobi2: I hate ebooks, I swear. I still feel like I haven't really read the five books. Wish I could find the hard copies and a gun sad

I can't read novels in hard copy anymore feels unatural I like ebooks usually with mixed feelings because of the piracy issue.

We need the blood of a king to appease R'llor, Melisandre is coming
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
We need to have a full house on this thread. Please let's mention the other members of this thread before the NL attack so they can find their way back. Thanks.
E.g
@Trent
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2014
What!!!
As of yesterday, the pages were complete! I even made a comment yesterday!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2014
The queen of England visits the iron throne.

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2014
SIR cum a lot:

I can't read novels in hard copy anymore feels unatural I like ebooks usually with mixed feelings because of the piracy issue.

We need the blood of a king to appease R'llor, Melisandre is coming

The blood of a king? The blood of Seun should suffice then. Lol

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
Obinnau: The queen of England visits the iron throne.

cheesy She is probably wondering why anyone would want to sit on something as uncomfortable looking as the Iron Throne.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Bawss1:

cheesy She is probably wondering why anyone would want to sit on something as uncomfortable looking as the Iron Throne.
lol. they actually asked her to to sit on it but she declined, she said it looks uncomfortable.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
ihedinobi2: I hate ebooks, I swear. I still feel like I haven't really read the five books. Wish I could find the hard copies and a gun sad

Could you transfer the books to me please? I've got me a corrupt memory card and I don't have the books singly anymore.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
oluamid:

Could you transfer the books to me please? I've got me a corrupt memory card and I don't have the books singly anymore.
Sure. Email, dude.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
So I take it that the earliest we will see the next complete work from GRRM is in 2015?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
Bawss1: So I take it that the earliest we will see the next complete work from GRRM is in 2015?
2016 is what I hear
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2014
SIR cum a lot:

2016 is what I hear

Hmmm. I wonder, won't the TV show catch up with the books with the way GRRM is going? He certainly knows how to take his time... What is he doing?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Sure. Email, dude.

olu52005@yahoo.com
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
Bawss1:

Hmmm. I wonder, won't the TV show catch up with the books with the way GRRM is going? He certainly knows how to take his time... What is he doing?

Writing spin-offs, attending events and making more money I suppose.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 1:39am On Jul 02, 2014
Have been thinking ?
Say R+L is really equals to J
How will Jon convince other characters of his Parentage
First thought was Howland reed but even if he does makes an appearance is one man's word enough ?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2014
SIR cum a lot:
Have been thinking ?
First thought was Howland reed but even if he does makes an appearance is one man's word enough ?

Well the R+L=J is a theory and until GRRM confirms or refute it, we can only guess at what Jon would do to confirm it. Ned Stark is dead and so is Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targeryen. Lord Connington is too busy with Aegon to think about a Jon Snow.

There's another theory I read about, its called A+J=T
Where A is Aeryes (?) Targeryan
J is Joanna Lannister
and T is Tyrion Lannister

I don't know the possibility of this theory being true though.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by dypo(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
SIR cum a lot:
Have been thinking ?

Melisandre's theory about Azor Ahai reborn, he would ride a dragon (Rheagal most likely), he would wield Lightbringer...

Besides, Jon isn't interested in the Throne or playing the game, I just think he is the ideal husband for Danearys (He is Ice, she is Fire). Also, remember that the Targayens always intermarry.

Nothing concrete here though, all assertions that I only count most probable based on the tilt of the plot.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by dypo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
oluamid:

Well the R+L=J is a theory and until GRRM confirms or refute it, we can only guess at what Jon would do to confirm it. Ned Stark is dead and so is Lyanna Stark and Rhaeger Targeryen. Lord Connington is too busy with Aegon to think about a Jon Snow.

There's another theory I read about, its called A+J=T
Where A is Aeryes (?) Targeryan
J is Joanna Lannister
and T is Tyrion Lannister

I don't know the possibility of this theory being true though.

Please... we know perfectly how Tyrion was born. His birth was never shrouded in mystery.. If there's anything I love about GRRM, it's that he keeps developing the story without playing his readers for fools.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
dypo:

Please... we know perfectly how Tyrion was born. His birth was never shrouded in mystery.. If there's anything I love about GRRM, it's that he keeps developing the story without playing his readers for fools.

If i should bring the whole article here your opinion might change. Will try to do just that.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2014
Phew... The thread lives. Well, what is dead may never die!

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oahray: Phew... The thread lives. Well, what is dead may never die!

But rises stronger.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2014
I have this theory there's a character GRRM does not dare kill cos he knows the backlash from fans would be worse than 9/11. Long live The Imp!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2014
oluamid:

...@yahoo.com

Sent, bro.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by jusplex(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Sent, bro.

please I h@ve been checking for the eBook online but not bin able to get it.I need someone to be kind enough to send me the 5 books.....will really be grateful email: justineobiazi@yahoo.com. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.