Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy (23058 Views)

My Experience With A Generous Guy In Lagos Today / When She Finally Meets That Cute Ghanian Guy (photo) / That Awkward Moment When You Slap A Ghanian... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
It was in Ghana in 2010 when I went to visit a friend somewhere in Accra. One morning we woke up and decided to prepare a cat-fish pepper soup. Me and my friend decided to hit the market so we can buy the fish and some other ingredients. In no time we got to the market where one very black dude was selling the fish. I asked the dude a simple question "bros you get cat fish?" I said looking at d busy guy. Before you know this guy started cutting some other types of fishes. I concluded he was cutting them for other customers. As soon as he's done cutting em he handed em over to me.. I was like "wetin be dis? I asked wether you get CAT fish?" He looked at me and I said in Ghana accent "I thought you said I should cut('cut" was pronounced as 'CAT') it. I said "no, I didn't say u should cut it, I said I want cat fish) I couldn't help it I laughed my ass all the way home..

Every time I think about this I laff to stupor.

Mods move dis to appropriate section and take it to front page. This is a true story, no be joke oh wink

21 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Fynestboi: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Lol.. Keep waiting..grin

2 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
So so so dry! Goosh!

13 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by ifex370(m): 11:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
ogbeni... u go pay for d 35kb i waste wen i de open dis thread angry

30 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Go_n_Die: So so so dry! Goosh!
G and D! angrytongue

2 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
ifex370: ogbeni... u go pay for d 35kb i waste wen i de open dis thread grin
how much? Broke a'ss undecided

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by ayofag(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
O.M.G.. i just wasted anoda kilobyte on this trash.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by cbrass(m): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Go_n_Die: So so so dry! Goosh!

Ahahaaha honestly the thing is funny now...or are you a ghanian or a sympathizer??

2 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Big4wig(m): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2013
So funny buh i forgot to laugh

5 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2013
Pictures or it didn't happen grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2013
Big4wig: So funny buh i forgot to laugh
My main man, me dey always gbadun u no homo...gud mornin browink

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Jiggaman101: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: It was in Ghana in 2010 when I went to visit a friend somewhere in Accra. One morning we woke up and decided to prepare a cat-fish pepper soup. Me and my friend decided to hit the market so we can buy the fish and some other ingredients. In no time we got to the market where one very black dude was selling the fish. I asked the dude a simple question "bros you get cat fish?" I said looking at d busy guy. Before you know this guy started cutting some other types of fishes. I concluded he was cutting them for other customers. As soon as he's done cutting em he handed em over to me.. I was like "wetin be dis? I asked wether you get CAT fish?" He looked at me and I said in Ghana accent "I thought you said I should cut('cut" was pronounced as 'CAT') it. I said "no, I didn't say u should cut it, I said I want cat fish) I couldn't help it I laughed my a'ss all the way home..

Everytime I think about this I laff to stupor.

Mods move dis to appropriate section and take it to front page. This is a true stroy, no be joke oh wink

Wait, r u nigerian? And r u laughing at Ghanaian accent. Wonders shall never end

5 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by ITbomb(m): 7:21am On Dec 09, 2013
holy crap , if this get to Frontpage , i'll deactivate my account .
When r we going to stop posting trash
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Big4wig(m): 7:46am On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: My main man, me dey always gbadun u no homo...gud mornin browink
wow,i never knew i had secret LIKERS..lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Big4wig(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2013
ITbomb: holy crap , if this get to Frontpage , i'll deactivate my account .
When r we going to stop posting trash
u dont know our mods abi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 8:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Wait, r u nigerian? And r u laughing at Ghanaian accent. Wonders shall never end
Yes broda, I'm a Nigerian. Actually I'm laughing cos I told the guy I want to buy CAT FISH but the dude went and CUT FISHESundecided are u a Ghanian?

3 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by gambudu: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2013
Old joke.copy copy.abeg mod back page pls
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Adamskuty(m): 11:39am On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

shaaaaaraaap u moda'fvcker,nigerians got the best accent in africa and 5th sexiest in the world,never in ur life talk about accent here again oo,mumu .

We all know how the typical ghanaian speaks grin

7 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by vizboy(m): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2013
so dry like bonga fish

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by IloveGH: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Wonders indeed shall never end!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by IloveGH: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: It was in Ghana in 2010 when I went to visit a friend somewhere in Accra. One morning we woke up and decided to prepare a cat-fish pepper soup. Me and my friend decided to hit the market so we can buy the fish and some other ingredients. In no time we got to the market where one very black dude was selling the fish. I asked the dude a simple question "bros you get cat fish?" I said looking at d busy guy. Before you know this guy started cutting some other types of fishes. I concluded he was cutting them for other customers. As soon as he's done cutting em he handed em over to me.. I was like "wetin be dis? I asked wether you get CAT fish?" He looked at me and I said in Ghana accent "I thought you said I should cut ('cut" was pronounced as 'CAT') it. I said "no, I didn't say u should cut it, I said I want cat fish) I couldn't help it I laughed my a'ss all the way home..

Everytime I think about this I laff to stupor.

Mods move dis to appropriate section and take it to front page. This is a true stroy, no be joke oh wink

Dude below is a link to listen to how CUT is supposed to be pronounced and you will know why the guy cut the fish instead of telling you whether he had catfish or not.

@ bolded
Yes according to the English man, CUT is pronounced the same as CAT. You are laughing because you are a Nigerian and in Nigeria “cut” is pronounced as “caught” But guess what? the rest of the English world don’t cool

Now listen to the pronunciation of CUT from a talking dictionary of English pronunciation
CUT - http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=cut&submit=Submit

4 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by cbrass(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
I love GH:

Dude below is a link to listen to how CUT is supposed to be pronounced and you will know why the guy cut the fish instead of telling you whether he had catfish or not.

@ bolded
Yes according to the English man, CUT is pronounced the same as CAT. You are laughing because you are a Nigerian and in Nigeria “cut” is pronounced as “caught” But guess what? the rest of the English world don’t cool

Now listen to the pronunciation of CUT from a talking dictionary of English pronunciation
CUT - http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=cut&submit=Submit

Bro bone..naija rules so it must always be our way
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by Jiggaman101: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Adamskuty: shaaaaaraaap u moda'fvcker,nigerians got the best accent in africa and 5th sexiest in the world,never in ur life talk about accent here again oo,mumu .

We all know how the typical ghanaian speaks grin

I don't argue with little kids with inferior complex to Arabs. So vamoose

2 Likes

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by fati4mumcy: 7:08am On Dec 10, 2013
sweet but not intrestin
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by PetroDolla2: 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
experimentist: Yes broda, I'm a Nigerian. Actually I'm laughing cos I told the guy I want to buy CAT FISH but the dude went and CUT FISHESundecided are u a Ghanian?
I'm a sh1tnigerian,from MUMUdom Republic. LOL

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by PetroDolla2: 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
cbrass:

Bro bone..naija rules so it must always be our way
naija rules my azz.d nigerian way is the criminal way,huh? funny country funny people.LOL

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by jree(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
u mean am?... dy tin dry pass hair dryer? sad
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by InvaluableGem: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
The fact that you wrote 'you go laff scatter' makes this more annoying. I was reall hoping to laugh scatter.
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
jree: u mean am?... dy tin dry pass hair dryer? sad
grin
Re: Cat Fish: My Funny Experience With A Ghanian Guy by experimentist: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Invaluable Gem: The fact that you wrote 'you go laff scatter' makes this more annoying. I was reall hoping to laugh scatter.
ok no vexx. Next time e go funny diiiiieeeee! angryundecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Watch The Latest Area Cartoon Video-igba Nkwu / The Lying Game.. / Cat Loves Rat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.