Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:08 PM

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. (22650 Views)

Coming Back To Nigeria - Advice Needed / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Immigrating (relocating From Nigeria To U.S.A: Whats The Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
I want to relocate back to Nigeria from the United States and I just have some questions.

1) is this advisable to move from the U.S back to Nigeria?

2) are there any job opportunities available that one can make a comfortable living from?

3)what are the road and traffic conditions in Nigeria now days?

4) and has police harassment and political corruptions reduced? thanks.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by waleadex(m): 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
As for relocation,it's your personal choice influenced by what's happening to you.

As for roads and traffic,our roads are still bad and traffic is killing in major parts of Lagos especially Mon - Sat.

As for police,guy u gas behave well o cus na dem still be oga o.

Also,electricity supply is still insufficient,so you may need inverter or buy electric generator.

Generally,if you have lived in Nigeria before and finding life not so good in the US you can still cope if you come back home.Your qualifications and experience will help you in getting good jobs here.
Goodluck!

13 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by magaliyu(f): 12:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Good moves...charity begins at HOME.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by myOGAonTOP: 12:18am On Dec 09, 2013
Before you come back FINALLY, i will advise you to take a month off and enter into the country. Keep a low profile and make your own deductions and conclusions. Moving back is such an important lifetime decision that MUST NOT be made based on hearsay. Come See for yourself . Thanks.

25 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 12:46am On Dec 09, 2013
waleadex: As for relocation,it's your personal choice influenced by what's happening to you.

As for roads and traffic,our roads are still bad and traffic is killing in major parts of Lagos especially Mon - Sat.

As for police,guy u gas behave well o cus na dem still be oga o.

Also,electricity supply is still insufficient,so you may need inverter or buy electric generator.

Generally,if you have lived in Nigeria before and finding life not so good in the US you can still scope if you come back home.Your qualifications and experience will help you in getting good jobs here.
Goodluck!

so pretty much Nigeria is in bad shape and no one should move there?
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 12:46am On Dec 09, 2013
magaliyu: Good moves...charity begins at HOME.

charity begins at home? am not interested in charity am only interested in making money my friend.

14 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 12:50am On Dec 09, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Before you come back FINALLY, i will advise you to take a month off and enter into the country. Keep a low profile and make your own deductions and conclusions. Moving back is such an important lifetime decision that MUST NOT be made based on hearsay. Come See for yourself . Thanks.

yes you are right...life is just too precious to be spent in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Mamacita007(f): 1:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall: yes you are right...life is just too precious to be spent in Nigeria.

abeg shift. you claim that you wanna relocate to naija but you're here saying that life is too precious to be spent there as if you dont u have family in naija living well

58 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by myOGAonTOP: 5:51am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

WRONG: People like me are making it big time here. Its all about God and your survival strategy. There's is so much money in the land.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 5:58am On Dec 09, 2013
Mamacita007:

abeg shift. you claim that you wanna relocate to naija but you're here saying that life is too precious to be spent there as if you dont u have family in naija living well

No I wont shift. I actually like where am sitting thank you.

13 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2013
myOGAonTOP:
WRONG: People like me are making it big time here. Its all about God and your survival strategy. There's is so much money in the land.

Well I dont disagree with you that there is a of money in Nigeria. But it seems like true opportunity to make a decent

living is only available to the upper one percent of Nigeria's society. or am I wrong? You have the rich and the poor, and a very tiny

middle class population. This its self is not a problem, the real problem is the lack of upward mobility for the poor class. One

can make it in Nigeria, but his or her chances are slim to none. I dont think i have told any lies in this statement.

8 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by AjaraEwuro: 6:14am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

so pretty much Nigeria is in bad shape and no one should move there?

Ask those who move back daily and they will tell you to zip it. Ask me and I will tell you to zip it

May I ask you, where were you born and where did you grow up as a kid?

What do you presently do in America and how much do you make?

What do you plan to do when you come back? Look for a job?

How much do you have to make your relocation smooth?

Where do you plan staying when you come back? Okija?

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Ask those who move back daily and they will tell you to zip it. Ask me and I will tell you to zip it

May I ask you, where were you born and where did you grow up as a kid?

What do you presently do in America and how much do you make?

What do you plan to do when you come back? Look for a job?

How much do you have to make your relocation smooth?

Where do you plan staying when you come back? Okija?

You said a lot my friend but you did not offer a single advice. are Nigerians really moving back to Nigeria daily? and what do they

do after moving back to Nigeria? do they become politicians?

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by AjaraEwuro: 6:31am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

You said a lot my friend but you did not offer a single advice. are Nigerians really moving back to Nigeria daily? and what do they

do after moving back to Nigeria? do they become politicians?

Using questions to answer questions, you are a true Nigerian. Answer the questions, so I can be in a better perspective to advice.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Using questions to answer questions, you are a true Nigerian. Answer the questions, so I can be in a better perspective to advice.

If you dont have advice to give then relax my friend. but we both can agree that there are very little opportunities in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by myOGAonTOP: 7:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Well I dont disagree with you that there is a of money in Nigeria. But it seems like true opportunity to make a decent

living is only available to the upper one percent of Nigeria's society. or am I wrong? You have the rich and the poor, and a very tiny

middle class population. This its self is not a problem, the real problem is the lack of upward mobility for the poor class. One

can make it in Nigeria, but his or her chances are slim to none. I dont think i have told any lies in this statement.
with all due respect, you know NOTHING about Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2013
myOGAonTOP:
with all due respect, you know NOTHING about Nigeria.

I know plenty about Nigeria my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by AjaraEwuro: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

If you dont have advice to give then relax my friend. but we both can agree that there are very little opportunities in Nigeria.

LOL. No wonder you cant make a decision.

12 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by AjaraEwuro: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I know plenty about Nigeria my friend.

If you know anything about Nigeria, you wont come to NairaLand asking those dumb questions and making dumb insinuatations that holds no water.

39 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by myOGAonTOP: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

If you know anything about Nigeria, you wont come to NairaLand asking those dumb questions and making dumb insinuatations that holds no water.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Well since you are making a claim you should back it up my friend. Maybe we should compare my knowledge about Nigeria to your

knowledge? But am assuming you are just one of those people that likes to talk a lot with very little substance.

"One of those people who like operate with open mouth and a closed brain" Do not embarrass yourself and take the challenge my

friend.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by alaladakosta(f): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
booked.
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by ssexy: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Come bk home u ar welcom 2 d land of misery nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by imsuboi(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
why "una" dey like to show una self? undecided
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by bxcode(m): 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
But what's your reason for relocating in the first place, if at all you are in the US undecided undecided undecided
Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by cremeandchic: 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Something tells me to tell you to stay back in the US. I'm not joking.

8 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by martronilla: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
unless u wanna come and hawk gala in the traffic because therez no job for u here

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by bikerboy1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Mr. Man, just pack well over there. We don't even need you and your bad mouth in Naija

6 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Dannylux: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
Looking at your replies/comments here, I really don't think you need our advice. You already have the answers you seek.

Secondly, what's chasing you from the land of opportunities? That's my wonder!

9 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by shakur07(m): 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
If yhu come to naija ....yhu will b given d title "ALAAFIN OF OYO""«on your own»..,don't bother to come to naija oh ....ma two cents

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by Big4wig(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
See all dis jamb Questions like as if u were not in Nigeria b4..mtshww.

1 Like

Re: Relocating From The United States Back To Nigeria: Advice Needed. by MrKnowitall: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
biker-boy:

Mr. Man, just pack well over there. We don't even need you and your bad mouth in Naija

I actually pack very well thank you. But am a little perplexed by your comment though. How did you come to the conclusion

that i have a bad mouth?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Air Travel Companies With Most Plane Crashes In 2014 / 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About / These Are Easy Ways To Get Your Yellow Fever Certificate In 5 Days - FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.