Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) (21344 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2013
Must Nigeria hold a special service for him? I get that he was a legend but how e take concern us?
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by olorunthobby(f): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2013
r.i.p
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by JulianBond007: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Meanwhile, ASUU is still on strike! Shameless hypocrites crying more than the bereaved.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Kairoseki77: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Big4wig: Kudos to baba manDiba..rip sir

A white man said, "colored people are not allowed
here."
The black man responded "Listen sir, when I was
born I was BLACK when I grew up I was BLACK, when
I'm sick I'm BLACK, when I go in the sun I'm BLACK,
when I'm cold I'm BLACK, when I die I'll be BLACK.
But you sir. When you are born you're PINK When you
grow up you're WHITE, when you're sick, you're
GREEN, when you go in the sun you turn RED, when
you're cold you turn BLUE, And when you die you
turn PURPLE. And you have the nerves to call me
colored?!!!"

like If you proud to be black.

I am proud to be black, but I am not sure what your epistle means. undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by liyalla(m): 10:19am On Dec 09, 2013
What a wacked citizenry, if its Odara or Obama or O-butter or perhaps Olumba of US dat did it we would still rain insults on OUR own. Now we are d first yet U(haters) still insult UR own. Why Oyibo no go carry us clean y*a*n*c*h till d 45th generation? Be proud of Ur own for once! Weldon to d presidency

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by kambili999(f): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2013
Khalessi: I wonder which one of this choir girls oga Jona go dey control... wink
believe me, u need serious help.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by urCreator(m): 10:24am On Dec 09, 2013
MTN be like! to become virgin again, text "close" to "33419" sms cost 100 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by lekanwj(m): 10:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Celebrating Mandela is great but I think we need to do more of reflection as a country. We assisted SA fight apartheid burning our financial resources heavily, we accommodated, feed and provided security for ANC leaders, we also gave them our passports, all these for them to be liberated. And few years after there liberation, they are here dominating our economy. (Telecoms, Banking, Retail buz, and lots more).
We need to revalue our lives as a country and seek a political process that we enable us as a Nation to get our best minds to lead us politically. Then every economic aspirations can be fulfilled. In my opinion what we have been having are some mediocre in the name of political leaders.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Davo93(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2013
Brimmie: Na bedsheet Patience take sew that clothe abi na Curtain!? sad

2nd To The Last Pic: Who are those ppl with Salamander Head?? undecided
The bolded part got me cracking grin
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Lifebender(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2013
How much did you spend for that little memorial service undecided.i dont want to hear you spent #2bn
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by henchamb(m): 10:33am On Dec 09, 2013
Am sure abati didnt see anytin because madam patience cap is too high for him.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Shinatu: 10:34am On Dec 09, 2013
A bunch of hypocrites! I cannot just fathom how leaders will gather, listen to Mandela's sacrifice for his people with all seriousness and still be thieves enslaving their own people.

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by bcomputer101: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2013
A letter to Dr. Nelson Mandela.

Dear Dr. Nelson, pls when you get to d world beyond,

Tell Herbert Macaulay that the party he founded has been turned to People Destroying Party.

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that the party he founded has be changed to mouth making party where we now pay school fees without going †o school.

Help me and tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to democracy he built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands.

Tell Chief Anthony Enaharo that the independent nation he fought for is no more.
Tell Alh Shehu Shagari that boko haram has destroyed his reason for creating NYSC c-s on one goes to the north any longer.

Tell Alh. Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now favors only the rich.

Also tell Baba Fela that Terry-G is the new afro beat king.

Tell Muritala Mohammed that we still use kerosene to cook and candles to see.

Tell King Jaja of Opobo that we are still slaves in our own country.

Tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal Govt paid N200 Billion into ASUU account but we never see alert.

Pls tell Saro Wiwa that his south south youths are still jobless and cashless.

Tell Dele Giwa that the Nigerian press has been bought with money.

Tell them that we need a quick reply to this letter.

@Nairalanders, please add more to the list.

5 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by jummybabie: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2013
mrphysics: after all said and done more is said than done. i think mandela is from SA why celebrating in Abuja. that is Nigeria for u, things that are not necessary is given priority. our student is at home for 5 months because of only 2bn, and here they are ready to spend 1bn for mandela memorial in abuja.
Dat's nigeria 4 u, wit our stupid mentality. Hmmmm dnt mind dat human raper dat we call our president. Stuid set of pple.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by denony(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2013
Iaz93: Naija just carry this man for head. undecided

the same way US carry am and the rest of the world
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Dee60: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2013
Cheap politics from advisers with very low intelligence!

You should realize that it is improper to play 'holier than thou'! Why not wait till SA do theirs before you start your own show?

And they have not apologized for the silly comment likening Jonathan to Mandela.

Another scene and episode from our theatre of the absurd!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by haliluwa: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Hm!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by obamartins(m): 10:48am On Dec 09, 2013
R.I.P Madiba cry
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Dee60: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2013
bcomputer101: A letter to Dr. Nelson Mandela.

Tell Herbert Macaulay that the party he founded has been turned to People Destroying Party.

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that the party he founded has be changed to mouth making party where we now pay school fees without going †o school.

Help me and tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to democracy he built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands.

Tell Chief Anthony Enaharo that the independent nation he fought for is no more.
Tell Alh Shehu Shagari that boko haram has destroyed his reason for creating NYSC c-s on one goes to the north any longer.

Tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal Govt paid N200 Billion into ASUU account but we never see alert.

Shehu Shagari is still living on Planet Earth, specifically in the northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2013
ochallo: Well, i hope this is to stop everybody including jonathan from going to south africa. And whoever said patience has good designers is a fashion illiterate. Her dresses and gowns are getting tackier and gaudier as they come.

And you have a PhD in fashion? undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2013
Le Nigeria, la vie, j'en ai marre!
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by impecable: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2013
rip Mandela.. embarassedrip Mandela..
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by healthenquire: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2013
Nigerians and eye service - ASSU is still on strike
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by jonglexer: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2013
53rd to comment....so happy53rd to comment....so happy53rd to comment....so happy
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2013
bcomputer101: A letter to Dr. Nelson Mandela.

so what will he tell Abiola, abacha ? .... undecided
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2013
tempestjr: Just wondering why there's a memorial service held for Mandela in Nigeria. He was not a Nigerian and this should have been done by the SA embassy. I believe we have misplaced priorities in this country. And it's not like our leaders have learnt anything from the man's life.

We have heard that he stole any of his nation's wealth, nor has houses all over the world etc.

Have we really learnt anything from the life he lived
E remain small make i curse you, but your last post change everything.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by obi123: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2013
our priorities are so misplaced its unreal, how is this necessary ? look at those ones in asoebi eh! when did the man die when did they plan all this rubbish .
i'm 100% sure that there are renaming plans already on the way Nelson Mandela junction ,Nelson Mandela building, Nelson Mandela college of education for people with brains the size of a fruit fly.

i trust there will be a reception,more money and time wasted on something that wont be of benefit to anybody . i'm really tired of this country
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by pri3stess(f): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2013
miss.terious:
Madam president is just getting bigger
Na the 1billion Guchi rice and stew wey dey make am expand like balloon.
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by ngoziama: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2013
About 98% of the current african leaders do not deserve to honour mandela because they have all disappointed mandela.they have never lived up to his expectations.they have remained wicked,corrupt,power drunk,greedy,selfish and inconsiderate. African leaders including zuma should all be bounced and they should bow their heads all in shame.Mandela won't even be happy seeing all these thieves honour him.I trust nigerian contingent,maybe 1000 delegates.our past and present leaders in this continent have got no shame, see them eulogising mandela yet they had same opportunity as mandela but they preferred to impoverish and kill the masses.Shame on african leaders.for those leaders trying at all in africa well done but I know ther can never be another mandela not just in africa but the whole world,Rest in Peace Mandela!

4 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Anniettieufia(m): 11:14am On Dec 09, 2013
A replication of this memorial is also going on @ Mandella's house here in Uyo.

We need viewers .
Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Mandela was an icon, a legend that the world will never forget in a hurry. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2013
ngoziama: About 98% of the current african leaders do not deserve to honour mandela because they have all disappointed mandela.they have never lived up to his expectations.they have remained wicked,corrupt,power drunk,greedy,selfish and inconsiderate. African leaders including zuma should all be bounced and they should bow their heads all in shame.Mandela won't even be happy seeing all these thieves honour him.I trust nigerian contingent,maybe 1000 delegates.our past and present leaders in this continent have got no shame, see them eulogising mandela yet they had same opportunity as mandela but they preferred to impoverish and kill the masses.Shame on african leaders.for those leaders trying at all in africa well done but I know ther can never be another mandela not just in africa but the whole world,Rest in Peace Mandela!

you are on point.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / Seyi Makinde Marks 100 Days In Office In Church (Photos) / 450,000 Graduates To Get N30,000 Monthly Under Buhari’s Poverty Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.