Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos (1437 Views)

Ritual Killers: One -chance Operators Devise New Strategies / Okada Rider Killed By Suspected Ritual Killers In Lagos, Eyes Plucked Out / Sex Workers In Ogun Battle Ritual Killers[PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 2:55am On Jul 28, 2008
Another Tanzanian albino man has been murdered, the 26th victim in less than a year. His wife, also an albino, was hurt in the attack.
Unidentified attackers reportedly severed his right foot and Instruments. Witchdoctors want the parts for potions which they say make people rich, according to BBC. In an undercover report last week, a BBC correspondent was offered albino body parts by witchdoctors, who said their clients included police officers.

Jovin Majaliwa is reported to have been killed in his home in a remote Lake Victoria village after dark on Thursday but police have only now released details of his murder.
His wife, also an albino, was attacked but managed to raise the alarm. She is being treated in hospital. Neighbours have asked the police to look after two of her children who also live with albinism. Reports revealed that witchdoctors are behind the killings. They use albino organs such as hair, arms, legs and blood to make potions which they claim make people wealthy.

The BBC has also obtained evidence that suggests the police are involved in the racket which is why it has been difficult to catch the culprits. Mwanza regional police headquarters, in the region which has the highest number of albino killings, reject the claims, saying that they are working with the community to identify the killers.

One hundred and seventy three witchdoctors have been arrested since March, when President Jakaya Kikwete had ordered a crackdown of all those involved in these ritualistic killings for riches. But the minister was not able to give details about what had happened to them. The graves of albinos are often sealed with cement to prevent grave robbers.
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by okuomose3(m): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2008
[center]Is this real or just a fabrications? If it's real then , sad[/center]
God have mercy.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Gonorrhea(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2008
Oh Lawd!!

This story has consistently made it to the news around the world

People with thier archaic beliefs and ritualistic minds sef?!
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by DeepSoul(f): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2008
Otokotoko reloaded.

The end time really is near!
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by ifyalways(f): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2008
Next, it wud be ppl with hunchback.Lawdieee lawd angry
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Dend(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
They might advance to the ORIGINAL WHITES.! grin grin grin
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by morpheus24: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2008
I would love to be left in a room with one of this so called witch doctors with an ak 47 or grenade. Let me see what mystcal power they have to escape that one.

What has genetical mutation got to do with ritual money!. CHEI AFRICA!!
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2008
what makes one wonders is the fact that,the practice still goes on regardless of modern enlightenment,the question is that as a resultof the rituals working or do we still attribute it to ignorance
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 2:07am On Jul 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

what makes one wonders is the fact that,the practice still goes on regardless of modern enlightenment,the question is that as a resultof the rituals working or do we still attribute it to ignorance

Its more about the belief that the rituals work, or else just plain evil on the part of the advocates for such rituals.

Also lax prosecution of the witch doctors and their followers. If the govt makes an example of some of them, it will deter the others.

Such a barbaric mentality. undecided  Albino or not, why should people have their legs and body parts hacked off in such a psychotic manner. And whats with this useless get rich quick mentality that makes people sacrifice their fellow human beings for rituals instead of working to feed themselves, even if its only farming or fishing. 

geez, everyone came into this world naked and everyone will leave this world naked, thats for sure. undecided
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by bilymuse: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2008
Ewo!!!!!!!!!!!! Albonos are in trouble
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Tornadoz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
Incredible story, at first I thought it was made up.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2008
tpia:

Its more about the belief that the rituals work, or else just plain evil on the part of the advocates for such rituals.

Also lax prosecution of the witch doctors and their followers. If the govt makes an example of some of them, it will deter the others.

Such a barbaric mentality. undecided Albino or not, why should people have their legs and body parts hacked off in such a psychotic manner. And whats with this useless get rich quick mentality that makes people sacrifice their fellow human beings for rituals instead of working to feed themselves, even if its only farming or fishing.

geez, everyone came into this world naked and everyone will leave this world naked, thats for sure. undecided

true,but you ll be suprised even so called professors,doctors e.t.c all believe this actually woks,you dont even need to go far just by ngige who is a medical practitioner and followed people to the shrine all in a bid to be governor,osunbor who is a professor alledgedly being in ogboni e.t.c and those are just the known names
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

true,but you ll be suprised even so called professors,doctors e.t.c all believe this actually woks,you don't even need to go far just by ngige who is a medical practitioner and followed people to the shrine all in a bid to be governor,osunbor who is a professor alledgedly being in ogboni e.t.c and those are just the known names

na them sabi.

You are only agreeing that the[b] belief [/b] is what seems to be the key element here, more than other factors.

The witchdoctors cant perform without the people who believe in what they're donig.

I'm sure a lot of native doctors have good laughs in private, at people's expense.

Asking someone to tell all his problems to a little chicken: isnt that hilarious? The native doctors must be laffing their guts out on occasion, at people's gullibility. undecided
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
tpia:

na them sabi.

You are only agreeing that the[b] belief [/b] is what seems to be the key element here, more than other factors.

The witchdoctors can't perform without the people who believe in what they're donig.

I'm sure a lot of native doctors have good laughs in private, at people's expense.

Asking someone to tell all his problems to a little chicken: isnt that hilarious? The native doctors must be laffing their guts out on occasion, at people's gullibility. undecided
me i think its partly the believe and partl cause these stuffs work for some of them,ill agree its crass ignorance in this day and age to indulge in all that but then again i think the customers especially the educated elites who should know better should be held responsible
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by bilymuse: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2008
Ewo!!!!!!!!!!!! Albonos are in trouble

small time now, they would be looking for supplies from Nigeria
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

me i think its partly the believe and partl cause these stuffs work for some of them,ill agree its crass ignorance in this day and age to indulge in all that but then again i think the customers especially the educated elites who should know better should be held responsible

yes, it works for some of them just like 419 can also profit some yahoo yahoo boys. It doesnt mean there's magic involved- just a method and maybe some hypnosis.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Mustay(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2008
According to the respondents on the documentary about this, their own version of "babalawo" recommend Albinos as good ingredients for their rituals sad
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2008
tpia:

yes, it works for some of them just like 419 can also profit some yahoo yahoo boys. It doesnt mean there's magic involved- just a method and maybe some hypnosis.
hmmmn,i dont know if i agree with you on that one, i have seen these things in action from our opc mai guards and im telling you i know what my eye saw it was like deja vu
Mustay:

According to the respondents on the documentary about this, their own version of "babalawo" recommend Albinos as good ingredients for their rituals sad
exactly,plus the cycle keeps repeating itself all over africa,heard way back even the voodoo practitioners in neworleans used human sacrifice on the down low
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 12:26am On Jul 31, 2008
lucabrasi:

hmmmn,i don't know if i agree with you on that one, i have seen these things in action from our opc mai guards and im telling you i know what my eye saw it was like deja vuexactly,plus the cycle keeps repeating itself all over africa,heard way back even the voodoo practitioners in neworleans used human sacrifice on the down low

look beyond the "wonder" occasionally, and try to get at the mechanism used to perform the wonder.

therein lies the explanation.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 12:54am On Jul 31, 2008
tpia:

look beyond the "wonder" occasionally, and try to get at the mechanism used to perform the wonder.

therein lies the explanation.
i agree with you that some can be explained rationally but there are some which cannot be explained,let me give u an instance which i witnessed life in my home town and i want you to give me a rational or scientific explanation, and i repeat "I SAW THIS LIFE NOT HEARSAY"
went with my dad to our home town for the weekend and while he was resting the driver who is from same place took me out,while i was chilling with him at a paraga place where he was having some shots,they got talking and he was telling the man who owned the joint im akowe from lagos bla bla, the man brought out a transparent medium sized chelsea bottle filled with the paraga though the whiteor colourless ones and told me to look inside, i saw a LIFE SNAKE WRITHING AND SWIMMING ROUND IN THE THING,I LOOKED AT THE SIDE AND NOTHING, I LOOKED AT IT LIKE AT LEAST 4 TIMES AND EACH TIME LIKE ALMOST TEN SECONDS, TRUST ME ON THIS CAUSE I DONT USE SPECS AND HAVE A VERY GOOD EYESIGHT
2)i was teasing our opc guards that the whole juju thing is fake,and the guy tied something to a plank and fired first the local gun at close range,and there wasnt a single mark,then he tried a double barell same thing,also when armed robbers came to my house in lagos,and had all sorts of weapons and were shooting im telling you next morning my dad's driver s son showed me his back and dots where bullets bounced off
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 12:59am On Jul 31, 2008
these examples are very interesting.

I'll get back later with my comments.

However, your dad's driver's son either had some kind of bullet proof covering or else was taking you for a ride.

and why do so many of these stories involve drivers?
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 1:09am On Jul 31, 2008
bullet proof covering for a boy that has spent most of his life in igboho oyo state village and was just brought to lagos?lol
he showed me his back the very next morning because staffs,police e.t.c were walking up and down and he stood there talking and showed me his back and the marks
the reason why my story involves drivers is cause the man is into jaz big time and he is like in his fifties now but has been with us for well over 34 years and used to be a political thug,so we tease him about the stories and he tries proving it to us,same as the opc people
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2008
lucabrasi:

bullet proof covering for a boy that has spent most of his life in igboho oyo state village and was just brought to lagos?lol
he showed me his back the very next morning because staffs,police e.t.c were walking up and down and he stood there talking and showed me his back and the marks
the reason why my story involves drivers is cause the man is into jaz big time and he is like in his fifties now but has been with us for well over 34 years and used to be a political thug,so we tease him about the stories and he tries proving it to us,same as the opc people

either he was only grazed by the bullets or see other examples here (note: am not saying he was wearing diamonds):

The women’s corsets were lined with diamonds. During the execution these corsets served as a sort of shield against the gunfire, which had amazed the murderers, because the bullets seemed to bounce off the women.

The "Yurovsky Note" further reported that once the thick smoke that had filled the room from so many weapons being fired in such close quarters cleared, it was discovered that the executioners' bullets had ricocheted off the corsets of two or three of the Grand Duchesses. The executioners later came to find out that this was because the family's crown jewels and diamonds had been sewn inside the linings of the corsets to hide them from their captors.

wiki

According to Yurovsky's eyewitness account, Alexei, three of his sisters, Dr. Botkin and Alexandra's personal maid, Alexandra Demidova, survived the first wave of bullets.

This surprised the commandant because they had aimed for the heart.
It was even more surprising when the second attack still did not kill Anastasia and two of her sisters. Instead, bullets were bouncing all over the room.

It was also surprising that the bullets from the pistols ricocheted off something and jumped about the room like hail. When they tried to finish off one of the girls with bayonets, the bayonet could not pierce the corset. Thanks to all of this, the entire procedure, including "verification" (feeling the pulse, etc.), took around 20 minutes.
Only later, when the men were trying to dispose of the bodies, did anyone realize why it had been so hard to kill Anastasia and her sisters.

When one of the girls was being undressed, it was noticed that the bullets had torn the corset in places, and diamonds could be seen in the holes.

http://www.lawbuzz.com/tyranny/anastasia/anastasia_ch12.htm

Types of bullets/shots:

The flexible baton round is the trademarked name for a "bean bag round", a type of shotgun shell used for non-lethal apprehension of suspects.

When fired, the bag is expelled at around 70-90 meters/second; it spreads out in flight and distributes its impact over about 6 centimeters² of the target. It is designed to deliver a blow that will cause minimum long-term trauma and no penetration but will result in a muscle spasm or other reaction to briefly render a violent suspect immobile.

Whittington was injured in the face, neck, and upper torso. Whittington was reported to be in stable condition at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial and had been moved from intensive care to a "step-down unit" on Monday. Doctors had decided to leave up to 200 pieces of birdshot pellets lodged in his body rather than try to remove them. Each pellet is less than a tenth of an inch (2.5 mm) in diameter. Because of their small size, it is hard to pinpoint the precise location of each pellet with medical imaging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney_hunting_incident

about your other example: I dont know what paraga is but the bottle being transparent doesnt mean there cant be another compartment inside it. I've seen a similar trick with running water and a tap. In any case, there's a mechanism behind the wonder.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2008
Some people angry
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by Akinagirl(f): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2008
crazy.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
@tpia
i completely agree with the examples but you should have asked me how this happened first,
first is that,the driver and others quarters is situated at the back of the house with a back gate leading to a second compound leading to the back of the valley, the armed robbers numbering between 8 and 12 or therebouts were going in a group formation with some of them turning back and shooting at anyone that came outside to chase them,everybody was in hiding and apart from the opc people that came out in the wide open space between the quarters and the gate leading to the back compound only 2 other people followed them,the drivers teenage son and another driver when they shot at him,the bullet bounced of him and there was no richochet,the other person that was shot was another driver who didnt have anything and his intestines spilled out and he later died.

the point im making with all these long account is that,he wasnt the only one there and the only other person with him was also shot at and he died of gun shot wounds at eko hospital,if u know any doctor at eko hopital who was there in 2004 to 2006 they will confirm everything, both the boy and the dead driver were the closest to the robbers with the opc people at the back so forget about richochet.

paraga means the local herbs and local gin mixture thats sold on side streets,hawked e.t.c,im sure you dont really believe an old man in my vilage who hasnt been to lagos in all his life more than a couple of times will set up a mechanism or contraption to make a snake come to life in a small bottle,the reason why i used these examples is because these 2 were at best semi-literate,and had no city enlightenment at all,the old man was a villager and the boy was just brought from a village in oyo state,like someone said in the other animal whaever thread,im not saying traditional medicine is the all in all,but im saying these stuffs are real because i used to be a sceptic untill i saw these stuffs with my own eyes,i wish u were in nigeria now and it will only take a phone call to nigeria and link u up then u will come back on here to decide if its true or just some tricks, you should ask yourself why a qualified professor who has worked and lived abroad for years will get to nigeria and get involved in occultic prctices,join secret cults,why mst of our eminent justices most of whom have assed through the london bar,with excellent conducts,are highly recommended worldwide and are now into occult practices and joining secret cults(they all belong to lodge secret cult)
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by tpia: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2008
everytime someone offers a detailed explanation of how these things are done, people come up with different stories which still don't prove anything unusual.

Lucabrasi, one of these days there'll be an educated native doctor who will break the vow of silence and people will hear from the horses mouth just exactly how all the "wonderful phenomenons" are done.

The problem is, as you may have noticed, people tend to focus on the symptoms, rather than the cause. It seems to be a majorly African mentality. The native doctors themselves, would probably not be able to explain any better, since logical deduction isnt really a strong point where juju is concerned, and neither is it encouraged.

All anyone is saying here, is that its ok to investigate the means and methods used to achieve what appears to be a mysterious occurence attibuted to juju.

There's no need to appear so fearful and apprehensive about analysing something that appears to defy natural laws. If you check, there's little in juju that hasnt already been done elsewhere at some time or the other. Immunity to bullets, etc, was something first introduced by white explorers when they were trying to trick African rulers and bamboozle them into deference.
Re: Ritual Killers Target Tanzanian Albinos by lucabrasi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
@tpia
first of all,lets get something clear, i agree with you that the whole thing shouldnt be accepted blindlyin totality,what im saying is that traditional medicine,juju whaever you want to call it is real,but i disagree with you that all these things they do can be explained scientifically,let me ask you does it mean that anything that science cant explain is automatically beleived to be supernatural?

i agree that people seldom look at the causal effects,but one thing is that there are some of these feats that stands on its own as trully supernatural,look at it this way does the fact that jesus walking on water has been replicated by modern day scientists diminish it as a miraculous feat or magic whichever way you want to see it?

true,its ok to investigate and im sure in the course of doing that many will be found to either be fake or just illusions but there will be many found to be trully magical, i didnt see this so i cant vouch for its veracity and i agree if you say its a second hand accounts which has no credibility but a friend of mine who doesnt smoke or drink,neither is he given to tall tales and what not told me of a situation where something of his was stolen(didnt ask what)and they all ended up at an herbalists outside lagos,he said the man showed them what actually transpired and how it all went down as clear as day on a simple dirty mirror and the whole thing was showing as clear as an hollywood movie, he offered to take me there if i disbelieved but i passed

i agree with you that africans including me are unnecessary fearful about analysing juju or anything that defys natural laws,but again the assertion that white people introduced bullet proof isnt accurate,you know our traditional ibo,yoruba,hausa,south south e.t.c warriors have been using their trad bullet proofs and anti stab or anti cuttn juju for hundreds of years before the advent of the white missionaries,all they did is condemn and demonise our thing and sold us their thing,dont forget that conquerous write history the way they like and in a way to favour them

(1) (Reply)

How Chief 70, Rapped Girl 13 At Otor-owhe / Graphic Pic H, Ow Teenager Killed 4-year Old Boy / See What A Police DPO Did To A Nairalander's Keke Napep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.