Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? (742 Views)

How I Got Over 200000 In Sales In My First Month Importing Goods / Bitumen For Sales In Drums / Equity Acquisition Opportunity In Telecommunication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? by charlsecy(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Nearly all GSM networks in Nigeria pay celebrities to endorse their products, but do you think celebrity endorsement really work to promote sales in the industry?

For me, I think celebrity endorsement has no place in telecommunication industry. It can work in fashion, food and gadgets industries, but not in telecommunication.

Coverage, costs, on-net and off-net considerations, freebies and bonus are important factors when choosing a GSM network.

I think our GSM networks [especially Glo and their ambassador stuff] are, out of hype, wasting their resources to pay for celebrity endorsement.

What do you think, and why?
Re: Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? by Itoroetti(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
They don't matter at all

1 Like

Re: Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? by francababy(f): 12:04am On Dec 14, 2013
@OP if you are educated, you will know the answer to your question.

The purpose for this is branding. They want to sink their brand into your sub conscious without you knowing. If I ask you now, how many colours are there in Glo's logo? you will say 2 without blinking. How is that possible? Because they sunk their brand into your sub conscious. That is the reason for all those big billboards and souvenirs you see.
Re: Do Celebrity Endorsement Promote Sales In Telecommunication Industry? by charlsecy(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2014
francababy: The purpose for this is branding...... That is the reason for all those big billboards and souvenirs you see.

I know what branding is. I accept that celebrity endorsement works in the fashion, food and gadgets industry, but how can it work in telecommunication? For example, almost all Android users embrace Airtel BlackBerry for data, not because of celebrity endorsement, but on account of cost-effectiveness. Provided Glo BlackBerry data doesn't work on non-BlackBerry devices, Android users can scarcely consider it, even if Glo gets an angel to endorse her products!

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Create A Business We Can All Benfit From - 2 (Proposed Businesses) / Christmas Is Almost Here- Make Money From Importation Business / Banks To Pay Customers For Using E-payment Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.