Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate (1913 Views)

Injoo Max2&max2 Plus Discussion Thread Alternative To Hot Note / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / Samsung Smartphones Are Vulnerable To Remote Wipe Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by TrebleChamp(m): 11:45am On Dec 09, 2013
I noticed that all the Samsung Galaxy Smartphone have handled gets very hot too quickly even with light browsing. I played with a friend's s4 on saturday (the phone make sense die), but the phone just dey hot and the dude even admitted its a problem to him. I noticed same thing with the s3s (have handled plenty s3) and note2 I handled recently. Samsung seriously need to find a solution to this ish, I just hope the s5 wont have same ish oh cos am saving to buy it when it is launched next year.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by enobong18: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
The phones the hot? Or na your hands the cause all this hit?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by LordReed(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
TrebleChamp: I noticed that all the Samsung Galaxy Smartphone have handled gets very hot too quickly even with light browsing. I played with a friend's s4 on saturday (the phone make sense die), but the phone just dey hot and the dude even admitted its a problem to him. I noticed same thing with the s3s (have handled plenty s3) and note2 I handled recently. Samsung seriously need to find a solution to this ish, I just hope the s5 wont have same ish oh cos am saving to buy it when it is launched next year.

Probably a new update has affected the power management of those phones.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by TrebleChamp(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
enobong18: The phones the hot? Or na your hands the cause all this hit?
Have you handled any of this phone before? Maybe na my hand dey hit tru tru, lol.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by physise(m): 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
who tell u dat one
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by TrebleChamp(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Probably a new update has affected the power management of those phones.
Maybe oh, even my former s2 T-Mobile got hot too while browsing and playing temple run. Didn't have any HD game at the time.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by TrebleChamp(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
physise: who tell u dat one
Read my post again bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Midegee(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
yh dhs true, s3 in particular
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by krugar07(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
N A L I E ! ! !
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Zane2point4(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
whoever denies this is lying or hv neva use galaxy series, am currently using s3 and it gets pretty hot below the screen arnd the home key botton.mostly when streaming videos or browsing with 4G.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Rolly7: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
the hotness of the phones are probably due to the owners installing rogue applications. so try uninstalling some applications.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by honsule(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
enobong18: The phones the hot? Or na your hands the cause all this hit?

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Guy u funny
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by TrebleChamp(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
I played with an s4 yesterday helping a lady install bbm, I notice the hotness while I was downloading it. The hotness increased when I was setting it up and dis happened in a space of about 15mins, I ask her if the phone get hot regularly during usage and she said yes. The s4 is brand new by the way. I think the problem is that samsung put too many unneccessary features in their phones.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
I use S4 for my main from Andoid 4.2 to the present 4.3. My phone doesn't get hot even on 3G + Hotspot. My only complain is battery life which is common to all smartphone on 3G.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Onyenna(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2013

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Onyenna(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ọ dị kwa Egwu!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by htconeline: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
no body should deny dis.coz if u do u we lying to urself.
S4
htc one get hot my experience wit both though.but s4 own nah baba.
Maybe that how android high phone were built dont know if windows mobile act same way.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by lawizle(m): 12:38am On Dec 12, 2013
This single setback is making me think of buying an i-pad 4g instead of the 2014 galaxy note 10.1..what do you think guys?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Wilfem(m): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2013
I wonder why most of us here are complaining about the getting hot of Samsung phones while browsing or downloading. The fact is that whatever uses a Dial-up modem is expected to get hot. I use a Samsung device too and it's the hotness of the device especially when browsing that forced me to get a Wifi modem. The same wifi modem is not left out of the hotness too, especially while downloading. So I really don't see the whole thing as a problem from Samsung in particular.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by psalmdave(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2013
First it was setting buildings ablaze and now its this.......Samsung fanboys are on the way tho
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by lexrichy(m): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2013
its the CPU that's causing the heat media teak phones don't get hot at all even when browsing on 3g and playing HD games.....
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Since upgrading my sensation 4g to 4.2.2, my phone started warming up
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by mediabiz13: 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Protect your phone screen with anti-scratch Shakaamor screen protector. Save your self cost and stress of changing a cracked screen.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by LordReed(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
lexrichy: its the CPU that's causing the heat media teak phones don't get hot at all even when browsing on 3g and playing HD games.....

That is not true. Several mediatek phones have heat complaints.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Might be due to the heavily modified touch wiz UI. Many S4 user complain about the same ish

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Are Turning To Hot Plate by omoboy08(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2013
This ain't Samsung problem. Think generally it's an android wahala. Just got 4.3 nexus 4 and the story is the same. My friend used to put his HTC on pure water while browsing at home. funny though grin Already thinking of moving to WP after this phone. The battery drains like mad.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6S and Iphone Plus REMOTE Unlocking By Imei / Yotaphone Dual-screen Smartphone / Best 7 Free Android Apps To Share Games, Apps And Large Files With Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.