Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117116 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Rapmoney(m): 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
@pabon...nice one bro and thanks for the mention cheesy cheesy
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by emarkson(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
pabon:
Good evening guys...Tis been a while and since I had some spare time this evening, I decided to do some update.

Tags
#emarkson
#rockhillz
#dastancypayne
#Jollyjoy
#Timothy3113
#daveguy50
#Samsondavid
#Harkanbi
#Calmdove
#Viktoh
#kwencypresh
#bookj
#estellar12
#Costlybabe
#Vickthoriah
#prettydiva89
#Elparaiso
#Elzicks
#paperlord007
#Rapmoney
#Tiffanyj
#amenna
#ayodijex
#ESIXlOVE
#ODUMAIYE
#waslek
#Ice4jez
#Chrisx1x
#Emanuel1997

Nice evening to y'all.

#MADE OF MORE
oga mi i dey loyal
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
pabon:
Good evening guys...Tis been a while and since I had some spare time this evening, I decided to do some update.

Tags
#emarkson
#rockhillz
#dastancypayne
#Jollyjoy
#Timothy3113
#daveguy50
#Samsondavid
#Harkanbi
#Calmdove
#Viktoh
#kwencypresh
#bookj
#estellar12
#Costlybabe
#Vickthoriah
#prettydiva89
#Elparaiso
#Elzicks
#paperlord007
#Rapmoney
#Tiffanyj
#amenna
#ayodijex
#ESIXlOVE
#ODUMAIYE
#waslek
#Ice4jez
#Chrisx1x
#Emanuel1997

Nice evening to y'all.

#MADE OF MORE
oya lets go
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2015
Wow! Nice piece here..

Please Nairaland Writer voting is closing on the 28th. Just quickly vote for one of these three as the best Newcomer of the year.
Touchmeder,
Kinwayne
thronekid

Also, vote for any other three as the best writer of the year, including this writer.
Follow this link to vote
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/46
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Elparaiso(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2015
Making sense as usual pabon....
Truly been a while
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by ODUMAIYE(f): 10:25am On Jan 27, 2015
hummm...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2015
pabon:

Tags
#emarkson
#rockhillz
#dastancypayne
#Jollyjoy
#Timothy3113
#daveguy50
#Samsondavid
#Harkanbi
#Calmdove
#Viktoh
#kwencypresh
#bookj
#estellar12
#Costlybabe
#Vickthoriah
#prettydiva89
#Elparaiso
#Elzicks
#paperlord007
#Rapmoney
#Tiffanyj
#amenna
#ayodijex
#ESIXlOVE
#ODUMAIYE
#waslek
#Ice4jez
#Chrisx1x
#Emanuel1997

Nice evening to y'all.

#MADE OF MORE
my pleasure sir
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Chrisx1x(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Observin wit my 3D glasses
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
we are waiting
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
”Why does that name ring a bell?”
He tapped his skull trying to make a connection. The old man sat back on his chair drinking in the pleasure of watching the lad in his thought process. This was something that he had always admired in the boy’s father; he had this ability to think and really quick. He was just about to find out if that trait was also passed down to his son.

T’was not in the castle, no, certainly not any of his fellow servants, and not their children either

Pause

It wasn’t any of the guardians either….or perhaps, one of the guests who had visited the castle recently…

His mind, suddenly, was drawn to a very bright light. He found it difficult to see at first but slowly, it became clear, the light was coming from an electric bulb and things were spinning fast, like really fast, the speed of thought only stopping in split seconds to reveal some key things. Like now, he could see bright lights, beautiful room, decorations on the wall, a shelf packed with books, a particular book drawing his attention in.

“My goodness…it was you…”

Mr. Logan looked up, a little confused but excitedly so.

“Tell me son”

He was still bemused and so his speech still wasn’t well coordinated. He managed though to pass his message amidst much stuttering.

“…you wrote that book about the Azian spider. Didn’t you?”

“Indeed I did!”

He paused to once again gulp in the man’s features. He was such an highly skilled man; knowing so much about the ancient art of marking and also possessing a whole lot of knowledge about a creature as archaic as the Azian spider. And the best part of it was that he wasn’t quick to go on about his life’s achievements. He was so going to make this man his mentor and life coach.

“So, please, tell me something about myself. You seem to know much about me”

“As much as I’d love to tell, I don’t think you are ready just yet”

For once George almost lost his cool. He felt he had had enough of people trying to hoard information from him all in the name of doing him good.

“I’m tired of all this. You’re not ready this, time isn’t right that. Whenever I’m I going to know about myself? You think it’s funny not knowing anything about oneself? Not so much as even knowing one’s parent. Its mentally disturbing…its cruel to say the least, of you, of everyone who knew them, to keep hiding the details from me. Of what good is a piece of information, of what use is knowledge if it cannot be shared? You know what…I think I’m just gonna go. Thanks so much for saving me and for letting me have some of your food. You’ve been far too kind!”

At this point, he got up and made to get out of the sitting room. His strides were heavy and fast. As he reached the door, he heard the cracked voice of the man.

“Wait, sit back and I shall tell you all that I think is necessary for now”

George came back and sat down. Mr. Logan heaved a sigh.

“Your father was the king of Pethandra…”, he began
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Understanding washed all over him. He had listened all through as Mr. Logan had given him a lengthy and detailed rendition of his history. He discovered he was really royalty, the only son and rightful heir to the throne of Pethandra. He had also discovered that Manterror had a hand in the terror that had rocked the once mighty Pethandra kingdom, crippling all her activities and rendering the kingdom waste. It was a story of betrayal and greed at the highest possible level. He was the last link to the kingdom and it was his destiny to restore the glory and redeem the image of his father.

"Thank you so much, sir for telling me these. I'm most grateful!"

"Mr. Logan, I'd appreciate if you'd call me Mr. Logan and not sir. And don't thank me. It's your right to know your past so you could better plan for what lies ahead. I shall help you prepare in the best possible way."

"Thanks!"

"From tomorrow, I'd like for you to begin your basic training. You need to learn the art, and really fast. That shouldn't be a problem though. You've come from a long line of knowledgeable and quick thinking folks and lords; comprehension shouldn't be your problem."

"Okay sir...I mean Mr. Logan"

Mr. Logan smiled and patted George on his shoulder as he led him outside to show him around.
The place was old to be sincere but the inventions that Mr. Logan had come up with were simply mind blowing. There was a shower system and a bath tub made from wood. Also, there was a fan powered from burning coal, and so much more. The best of it was his training facility. It was simply magnificent. It was structured to be used by even the lamest of individual. He immediately fell in love with the place and begged to begin his training immediately but he was turned down by Mr. Logan who told him he still needed time to rest.

He spent the day going through the room that had been allocated to him. It wasn't in the very best of state but what did he care. A little re-structuring here and there would see the room looking good and even in its worst state, it was better than the room he had been living in the castle by a thousand times.

He found a book in which were drawings of the warlords of a certain sect called the DEADS. They looked fierce and had accumulated a great deal of accolades. One in particular, had been gifted with a certain ability that the book called elements.

"Secturis had been gifted with the element of form with which he conquered several enemy towns. Once, it was said that he changed into a mighty dragon with a sliver tail and flew high into the sky and burnt to ashes, the fort of an enemy stronghold. He was revered for his uncanny feat in battle and was nicked 'the shifter'."

Element? Shifter? What did this all mean? He made up his mind that he was going to find out from Mr. Logan later on.

He continued ransacking the room and made a number of discoveries; an historia, a metallic sculpture of the head of a man, the size of a fist, that kept on spewing facts with dates that they occurred.

"Durian Figan, knight of Jasperin, died 66AD, Benjamin Rooster III, highest ranking linguistic of the 10th century. He was believed to have retained the original language of creation...."

It had a tag in form of a gold chain around its head with the inscription; Albert Einstein. He had read about him before in one of Gofrin's story books. It was believed that Einstein had been gifted with a fifth brain; inquisito and had the singular ability to retain facts and had the memory of a thousand men put together. He was going to keep this one for future use.

Slowly, he searched everywhere and came to one last drawer that seemed like it hadn't been used in years. His instinct told him not to check as it had been marked 'X' in red ink but curiosity they say knows no restriction. He pulled back the handle but it wouldn't bulge.

"Aperi portam!"

The lock unfastened and it unlocked. He paused for a while. He almost thoughts about leaving it when he heard something start to shake vigorously inside. He slowly drew the drawer out and saw blood that was still fresh and a head that had been severed from a body. The eyes were still.

Suddenly, it jerked to life and spoke.

"Hello George!"

There was to be no reply as George fell to the floor in what could be described as fainting.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
Cc Rockhillz. I finally did an update. Thanks for the motivation.
#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chapter Nine

He mustered all the effort he could to pull himself but still it was no match for the heavily built Tennaki.

"Please, don't make me go back, please!"

But the cruel Tennaki gave a deaf ear to his plea. He found more torturing hearing Gofrin laugh at him like he was some very amusing joker. He felt like his life was about to be taken from him. He was flung on to the floor on getting to his dungeon of a room. Nothing had changed, if only, the room had gotten more messier. There were litters of dead roaches and a stench that clung to his nose coming from a dead mice whose head had been severed by an army of ant now queuing up to have their share of the spoil. He held his hands to his nose as he shifted close to the wall.

"Oh God..."

Then he heard the sound of something churning, getting louder by the second and it wasn't coming from the direction of the wall...it sounded like it was coming from underneath.
Suddenly, he saw with his eyes, the floor parting neatly and giving way for what looked like a motorized glider. His mouth was still agape when it glided towards him and found himself swept onto it.
It accelerated upwards and he screamed loudly when it came to the ceiling for he thought he was going to be slammed against the ceiling but like the floor it gave way. They kept going upward until they reached the fourth floor. The glider-like machine stopped in the middle of what looked like a court room. There were seats everywhere with stern-looking people none below fifty and one man in particular who he recalled was Manterror's chief adviser. They all turned to look at him and he swore he felt their looks boring into his heart and reaching for some clues. Clues he himself was finding a hard time identifying as to why he was here.

He was cut short as a stout man began reading out a list in a language he couldn't discern but from the continuous sighs and grunts, he could tell they were accusations levied against him. At a point, a grey haired lady got up, arm raised ready to strike him but she was held back by the man closest to her.

"Relax Percy, he shall be served his reward very soon."

This seemed to stay her anger a little and they waited till the reading was over.

Then came a moment of silence when it seemed to him like his verdict was being given by none other than the Lord Manterror himself. Although he couldn't make out his speech, he knew it wasn't good for everyone suddenly turned to him as two guards walked towards where he stood and held him bound. They took him out of the courtroom to a fireplace where a huge drum of oil was cooking. They heaved him by the angle and slowly dropped him into the steaming oil.

"Nooooooo!"

His scream could not save him and a sharp pain spread over his head as his head met with the surface of the oil.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
"Nooooooo!"

He sprang up from the bed and made to go out but he was caught by a wrinkled but firm hands. He looked up to see Mr. Logan.

"I see you are troubled by your dreams young lad"

"Theyyy...were gonna kill me. I'mmm...."

He couldn't complete the sentence as a head-splitting headache ran through his brain and he had to hold his head in both hands to prevent them from splitting.
"Oh my, I see this is worse than I envisaged. Lemme get you something to drink that will cure that headache. But first, let's get you back to bed...and try not to go back to sleep."

He nodded weakly in apprehension. He found out that he was in the room he had woken up the first day in this place. His body was bare save for the linen that wrapped his body. He was terribly weak and wondered why.

Why had the dream taken a toil on his body? Why did it look so very real?

Just then Mr. Logan walked in with a mug from which rose a steam. He came close to the bed and brought the mug to his mouth. He gulped a little and spat it out.

"Way...this stuff's too hot...I can't drink it!"

"You must. It has to be drunk hot for best effect. Just try a little more."

He did this. And with pressure from Mr. Logan kept on taking more until he had taken a sizable quantity. Then Mr. Logan went to a table and laid the remainder. George let his head drop.

"How long was I out?"

"Three days!"

"What?! Three days...jeez. How did that happen?"

Mr. Logan paused for a while. When he spoke, it was in a low tone.

"George, you should have refrained from touching let alone opening that drawer when you saw the engraving. That was supposed to scare any perpetrator away but you seem to defy natural processes. You so much like your father."

He stopped to rub his hair. He strode back towards the bed and drew a chair closer to the edge where he sat down.

"That was a bloody selfitator. I bet it looked like your own head was severed and kept there."

George nodded slowly. He felt sorry already. He hadn't meant to cause Mr. Logan who had been so kind any worry. He sat up and looked into his eyes.

"Look, I'm very sorry. I'd be more careful next time."

"No qualms. I trust you will. The bloody selfitator originated from the valley of Mecapolis where a gang of four wizards, magicians in their youth once lived. It was meant to kill anyone who dared look into its eyes"

George looked sincerely puzzled.

"So why I'm I alive then?"

"Even I am finding it difficult to understand. For one, it means you are gifted."

"Gifted..as in possess power?"

Mr. Logan nodded his yes.

"Take a good rest now and avoid anything that would get you unconscious again. You have to begin your training tomorrow. We're running out of time."

Mr. Logan walked away taking the mug with him. Form behind, he looked like a pack of bones and there was a deep scar from his neck downwards.

"Emm...Mr. Logan, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure!"

"Who was the original occupant of this room?"

"My daughter", he said walking away and shutting the door behind him.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2015
"Not everyone is gifted with the ability to do magic. Its an exclusive reserve of a few. Traces are found in some people while in some, they are full blown. Your father wasn't all magic. The only one I remember him having was the element of spells which is the most common one to find"

"Yes, Element. I was going to ask you...what's an element?"

"Elements are branches of magic that are distinct and unique in their own ways. Each element has its path and individuals it takes on. For one to possess an element, there must be some arbitrary traits that are found in him that relates to the element. I can most certainly say you have the element of spells. Its the commonest and its passed down from generation to generation. Its inherent in you and you'll soon find them popping out with the right tuning and training."

"Wow..."
He was glad to know that he had an ability and wasn't just like any ordinary boy. He had always wished he could know spells the moment he met his guardian. Talking about the guardian, he hadn't seen for long now. He wondered where he would be. He wanted to ask but thought against bothering Mr. Logan with the subject.

"What other elements are there?"

"Well...there's the element of form, element of language and that of foresight. The element of form gives the possessor a special ability to change into any thing he desires, be it a bird, a beast, fish, just anything. Its a very special one possessed by very few persons. As a matter of fact, there'd be only seven people in the last century that possessed this element. Although, it instills in its possessor a unique talent, it has been known to be highly intoxicating and has a tendency towards evil. Of the seven people documented to have possessed it, six were gruesomely evil men whose heart were blackened with cruelty and grave wickedness. They caused havoc during their days and many wished that there will never be a man who possessed such power ever again. The only known person who wasn't negatively influenced was Persius, the tenth. He used his power to curtail the menace that was in the form of the alliance of FiveNations. He was from Pethandra. Another thing about this element is that it is highly demanding. It drains one's essence and after every shifting, it could take days to recover from it."

"As for language, its the ability to decipher the tongues of a thousand people, beasts and trees. Its appears once in a while in a child and is usually the indicator that the person has a great destiny ahead. One that would require travel across worlds and realms."

George kept quiet. He didn't know if it would be a good idea to tell Mr. Logan that he had been able to talk to some trees and hear them speak. He was getting confused. He remembered his dreams, he hadn't been able to clearly discern what they were saying in that courtroom. He didn't want to give a false green light.

"George, you seem quiet. Is anything troubling you?"

"No...I was just trying to...emm...visualize all these stuffs about element," he said rubbing his hands on the faded blue jean that he had on. His hair was a little untidy. He hadn't taken enough time to had them combed backward because he had been in a hurry to begin his training. He ran his hand through it. The musty smell coming from the clothes had clung to his nostrils all morning.

"The last, at least, the last that I know of, is the gift of foresight. Its the element with the ability to see things before they occur. This element has often proved helpful in times of war. We lacked one as at the time of the invasion and you can see what it caused us..."

He paused and stared far into the distance where some birds were having a bath from the stream. He seemed to be deep in thoughts. He came back to his senses with a jerk when George placed a hand on his now shaky shoulders.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you!"

"Oh...its nothing. I really didn't mean to just drift into my thoughts. I seem to be doing that too often these days. Its been a long time since I last had company."

"I'm here now sir. You'd not be so lonely anymore."

He leaned too on the bamboo upright and looked far into the horizon.

"About your daughter. Where's she?"

He turned slowly to face him and George could see a glimmer of what appeared to be anger. He felt Mr. Logan was battling with it to prevent it from surfacing.

"She....she's on a kind of pilgrimage. Please, I'd like for you not to bring up the subject again. I think its time we took a little break. Go get something to eat."

George wanted to say he wasn't hungry but knew Mr. Logan had said that to mean he wanted to be alone for a while. He walked slowly back tot the house. He actually was a bit hungry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Night came faster than he expected. He had spent practically the whole day getting a history lesson about the elements and bla bla. He wasn't so much interested in history as to begin with the real stuff.

"Well, this would suffice for now", he said unwrapping the brown wrapper that had been used to seal the book. It revealed an old but beautiful looking red leather book. It was twice the volume of the guardian and it held practically every spell that were useful for a beginner, well, that's according to Mr. Logan. Still, he was relinquishing the idea of reading it and he couldn't wait to start reading it. Mr. Logan had given him two weeks to become familiar with the necessary spells before the real lessons began.

"Book of spells for beginners
By
Matthew Sandol"

"Jeeez! Written by another Sandol. Who the heavens are these people?"

He turned the book to the back cover to see if anything had been written about the author but there was nothing saved some carelessly written words. He read them aloud.

"Asasiste vividus englossas"

The letters suddenly came alive and stood from the book. Suddenly, to his widest amazement, a group of letters started appearing and forming on the book.

Three lines of writing, much like contents appeared and they read

-About the author

-puzzle to the next book

-Sandol's personal spells.

What was he to do with them? He didn't know if he was supposed to read his choice out or to touch it. He decided to choose the later and touched it.

Nothing.

He decided to speak them aloud when he heard the sound of something, most probably the letters receding and re-arranging themselves with great speed.

"Mr. Matthew Arthur Sandol was born in the year of 1665. He is accredited to having discovered the ancient scroll of sacred spells and transcribing them to a language understandable to present generations. His scholarly works and research has carried him far and wide and his inventions have proved useful to many too numerous to mention. He's currently working on his next publication which would be revealed to the general magical community early next year. Mr Sandol is endowed with two children, David and Donald Sandol."

"Genius! I'm really lucky to have met Mr. Logan, such great ancestral lineage!"

He turned the book to the front and opened the first page.

"Puuuggggh!"

He coughed out loudly. The dust in the book had risen and had even gotten into his eyes.

"Damn it. What's with all these dust?"

He coughed again and rubbed the dust off his eyes. He was finding it difficult to see.

The dust settled back on the book and gathered to form a sentence.

"Welcome Mr. George! That was a necessary operation that had to be done to ensure its the right person reading this book. I do sincerely apologize for the unease it must have caused you.
Yours truly,
Matthew Sandol."

With excitement threatening to wrench his sanity off him, he proceeded to the next page. It was an acknowledgment to directed at his wife, sons and dog. Their picture was a mere drawing but nonetheless, he was able to see their features clearly. They looked like such a noble family.

Next page.

Contents
-Getting started

-Basic Spells

-Protective

-Apprehensive

-Jinxes

-Curses

-Violent Curses

-Reversals

-Warfare

-Glossary

Each chapter had not less than sixty pages. He knew he was in for a lot of learning but this was all he had ever wanted and so he zoomed off to the first chapter.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
I'm sorry I wasn't able to update earlier...I was about to update earlier this morning when my phone tripped off due to low battery...Hope you liked the last update.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Mczigx(m): 3:21am On May 01, 2015
pabon:
I'm sorry I wasn't able to update earlier...I was about to update earlier this morning when my phone tripped off due to low battery...Hope you liked the last update.

#MADE OF MORE
ride on
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ice4jez(m): 9:32am On May 01, 2015
Moooorrrrreeeeeeeee plllls
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:50am On May 01, 2015
G'morning everyone. Expect more updates today ceteris paribus (hope I got that right?).
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 9:55am On May 01, 2015
Wow.. More pls
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2015
Having read through the first chapter, he felt he was ready enough. He had a star inscribed on his palm which he had awakened by reading out the spell he found. This was some sort of ritual to revive to some extent the inherent magic in him. The star now laid there was glowing though faintly. The book had promised that it will get brighter once he got better. He had learnt now how to seal it with some special spells.

Also, he had come to discover that it was true what Harold-the-wise told him about his aura. He had seen it; a blend of white and purple. It was the most beautiful sight his young eyes had ever seen. He also learnt how to clone it so people don't get to know he was birthed of magic and of royal lineage.

His greatness challenge remained in his inability to focus on one thing for too long. This was a major prerequisite for performing the major spells.

"Ascendar tus ganilal"

He tried to lunge a frog towards the door but it only managed to go about two meters and fell to the ground.

"Damn it!"

He looked at the frog now too weak to move due to its continual plunging against the floor. George was too taken in, too involved in trying to get this step done with that he had forgot that one rule to being good at magic was respect for life.

"Ascendar tus ganilal!"

He shouted it this time around, the flog levitated this time around and blood gushed out of its mouth and it came down seeming lifeless.

"Oh shit!"

He reached for it as quickly as he could before it hit the floor. He pressed his palm against its stomach with the right hand that held the star.

"Reparo las amphis"

A bright light left his palm and entered the frog. It immediately jerked to life and he allowed it leap from his hand and out through the door. He grinned widely as he watched it disappear out of his sight. That was one life almost lost there.

He turned to go back to his study when a sharp pain exploded on his stomach. He immediately threw up a sizable amount of blood and the pain hit him again with a deeper intensity. He bent over holding his stomach. He got down on the floor in a kneeling position while still clutching his stomach. His breathing slowed and he started jerking as he hit the floor. He continued to puff out blood till he passed out.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:47am On May 01, 2015
prettydiva89:
Wow.. More pls
Done your highness
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2015
Ice4jez:
Moooorrrrreeeeeeeee plllls
Done sir!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Emanuel1997: 4:17pm On May 01, 2015
thanks for this man. we are greatfull
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 01, 2015
Thankss for the update. FIRE ON
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 01, 2015
pabon have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2015
I'm sorry I couldn't update again yesterday. I just woke up nw. I attended a vigil y'day and I'm still feeling sleepy even now. I guess I'd update when I can. Stay tuned.

#MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 02, 2015
Reminds me of Rowling's Harry Potter. Sweet.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:39pm On May 02, 2015
ArrowAssassin:
Reminds me of Rowling's Harry Potter. Sweet.
Oh really! That's good to hear. With time and dedication, I could learn to write like her. I'm just doing what I like to do for now. Keep following.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:11pm On May 02, 2015
There was some sort of argument going on. He couldn't quite make out the voices. He tried opening his eyes but they met with rays of the morning sun. He shut his eyes immediately.

"He seems awake already!"

That was Mr. Logan's voice. They were traces of worry in it as he applied some cold compress on his head.

"You're restructuring my head sir!"

"Oh, you're awake. I'm sorry", he said removing the piece of cloth and taking the pail away.

"I fainted again, right?"

"Sure. You did."

Mr. Logan had an air of pity in his voice.

Maybe this was too much for the young lad to bear. He thought about slowing down a bit on his development.

"I think I drove myself too much into knowing those spells that I didn't realize what physical damage it was doing to my body."

"Yeah, though I think it was the fact that you didn't head to the instruction to respect life."

"I didn't do it on purpose. That's why I even tried to revive it which it eventually did."

He paused.

"Why did it have an effect on my body"

"You didn't just revive that frog today. You gave life to a dead frog. That takes a lot of essence. You have to be very careful next time around."

"I sure will."

He leaned back on the bed and shut his eyes. He wished he could immediately go back to his study. His mind was burning with a lot of ideas to try out but he didn't want Mr. Logan to start getting worried again. He was going to continue at night.

He had lot of admiration for Mr. Logan. He had been able to keep his mind in one piece despite having such great deal of spells and ideas at his disposal and yet not get intoxicated by the imagination of what he could do with such command of magic. Some men were truly born with a great deal of self control. This was one habit he would have to emulate and imbibe.

His mind wandered back to the event before he fainted.

Why hadn't he been able to make that frog to move the way he wanted?

He concluded that he had real work to do to improve on his focus. Yes, that's what he was going to focus on this night. With this he shut his eyes. In five hours time, it would be midnight and Mr. Logan would be fast asleep; a perfect time for practice. He was getting excited.

He remembered then that he had heard Mr. Logan talking with someone before he opened his eyes. He wondered if it was a figment of his imagination.

"Mr. Logan. Is it me or did I hear you speaking to someone some minutes ago."

"Oh..you were conscious. You weren't hearing anything strange neither was it a dream. That was your guardian."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:20pm On May 02, 2015
bamgbalaot:
pabon have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties - http://www.wikinut.com/in/ujjgfg/
It looks to me like a nice site. I'll give it a try when I can. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.