Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117117 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Alpha100(m): 11:09am On Oct 28, 2015
I wish this story would continue
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
Its been quite some time. Seems apologizing is all I do. So, I'll just go straight to making another update. Its been long over due.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
pabon!, i always knew that no hope is lost, so i go finish this piece at last grin
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
The book fell from his hand out of shock and his heart skipped several beats. The suddenness of the scream and the pitch at which he came was just took sudden to take in. He just stood there like a monument, unable to move and unable to shut his mouth which was now hanging loosely.

"What the hell are you doing with my things and who are you?"

"I...em...I'm George, George Prince and I erm...."

He couldn't seem to get the words out of his mouth especially as she had come close and her gaze burnt into his eyes as though she was searching for some reason why not to kill him off immediately.

Mr. Logan busted into the room. He had gone to gather some herbs to make some medicine for his daughter. He must have been close because he got there less than three minutes after she ceased from screaming.

"What happened?...why were you screaming?"

He looked from his daughter to George and then back to her. He had expected that she would start spilling the beans immediately but she appeared to have caught the dumb syndrome too. She just pointed at him.

"Ooo...this is George. He's the lost son of king Prince of Pethandra."

At the mention of Pethandra, her eyes seemed to bulge and she looked his way again in what now seemed like an observation. He wondered what was going through her mind as she looked at him. There was, or so he thought, an air of skepticism the way she peered into his hers like she was draining his soul.

"But he doesn't look anything like it. This..."

"Enough! You hardly know him and you should be thanking your stars he saved you. You could have died out there you know."

She dropped her stern look and looked down at her shoes trying to hide her embarrassment. What would her people think when they heard she got saved by a thwart like this. Still, she owed him her life and for that reason she would spare him this one. She valued her privacy so much and wouldn't have anybody lurking in corners where they've got no business, especially when this business was her sacred. And damn, the book still laid there open on the floor. She was glad though that it was opened. Else, if father had seen the cover of the book, he would have scolded the hell out of her and she would have to go through rounds of advice and tales of how disobedient children ended up. Still, she had good reason to have stolen the book before she ran off. The little memory she had then of Ingord revealed that one needed wits and spells, dangerous ones to ward off trouble.

"Its alright dad. I'm sorry. I won't call him names again."

"I know you won't. You are better than that."

He looked around the room.

"I think this place needs tidying and you could change the sheets. Also, the curtains have got some stains. I'd advice letting George help you with the cobwebs. You ain't strong enough yet to..."

"Dad, I'm alright. I can tidy my room myself."

"Please don't stress yourself much. You still need..."

There was a straight look on her face and he dropped off immediately. It was that 'now you're getting me pissed' kind of look.

"Okay then. I'll just run down and get this herbs cooking. It would also provide time for you two to bond."

He took some slow firm strides out of the room not turning back and shut the door behind him. They both stirred at the door for a while. Then she turned to him as quickly as a twinkle.

" What the hell where you doing here...and how did you get that? Who gave you the right to go through my stuffs? Are you mad?"

He couldn't look her in the eye and just stared at his foot. He had once again allowed himself to get into trouble. He wondered how he could now get to know her for all he had heard about her. That didn't matter now and he had to apologize. He hadn't really made out to deliberately annoy her.
He wanted to find a clue as to why she had come home bitten by what? A dralion. He wondered how she met one because Mr. Logan had said that it was believed that they were extremely rare.

"I'm really sorry Miss, it was just my curiosity acting over common sense. I know its bad to invade into people's privacy and I really shouldn't have done it. Please forgive me. I'm not usually like this."

She gave him a hard stare and held his eyes for what seemed like eternity.

"Don't ever try that again. You might not like the aftermath."

"Warning taken!"

"By the way, what exactly were you looking for?"

"Emm...a clue as to where you've been. Mr. Logan wouldn't tell me why you haven't been with him all these while."

"Oh! Well...he wouldn't. It still hurts him. I...I..."

She looked away and stood up towards the dresser and peered into the mirror. Her eyes were getting damp.

"I ran away to look for my mum"

Pause.

"It must have pained him but I really had to find her...and I just left, took off without telling him all for nothing. I couldn't...."

She broke off into tears and George quickly went to her side to comfort her. He patted her shoulder and massaged it lightly. He knew what it felt like to be cut off from one's parent, in his case, both.

"Its alright. There's a reason for everything. I know how it feels not to have motherly care. Your story is even sweeter. I had neither, can't even recall what my parents look like...it feels..."

A tear ran down his cheek but he wiped it off quickly. He must not cry, not in front of a lady.

"Terrible!"

"I guess we have a thing in common then."

She turned to face him.

"You seem to have made a friend in my father. I'd like to know how that happened as it is a rare occurrence. How did you get here?"

"Well...its a long story."

"Oh...I love long stories!"

As she smiled, a dimple appeared on her cheek and he could swear she looked like an angel. Well, there's got to be female angels, right?

"Well...I'm not good at story telling you'll find but I shall try."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Jackossky(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
Pabon
I sight u
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
aduragbemisteve:
pabon!, i always knew that no hope is lost, so i go finish this piece at last grin

Yeah. Thanks for checking back.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
Jackossky:
Pabon I sight u
I sight you too!

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by ashatoda: 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
a great read. Keep it up
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
Cleaning the room to Cordelia's taste had turned out to be a rather arduous task. It took a long time to get the place conducive enough for her to sleep in as she turned out to be sort of a perfectionist.

They had to mop the floor of every stain which was a rather easy job for George for he had been doing this for years. He recounted his experience to Cordelia who was only too angry as to why he had been so mistreated. She promised him she was going to smash Gofrin's head someday. That gave them a good laugh.

"It would kill him. I think it would be better to kidnap him. I'd like to give him some personal lessons on morals. That guy needs a lot of overhauling, a paradigm shift."

"You'd get your chance one day. That's how karma works. She's one constant bitch you know."

She took out the drawers from her desk. There were a lot of stuffs most of them archaic. A blue orb caught his attention.

"What is that? Its an visor."

"What does it do?"

"Well, it was said to reveal future. I don't believe it though. I've tried using it quite a number of times but it doesn't work. I could only get blunt images and they're still the same every single time. My dad said it was my mum's, that she had left it with me to play with. When I asked why it didn't work, he said it did but that the probable reason why it didn't work for me was that it was meant to used by someone with the sights. Can you believe that? Its the kind of stuff you get from my dad."

"Still, it could be true though. Your dad has quite a harem of knowledge on stuffs."

"Pfff...well, I don't doubt that,"

Then she handed it out towards him.

"Care to try it out. Maybe you'll have this so called 'sight'."

She giggled away as she handed it over to him. She moved towards her wardrobe and began sorting out the clothes. He sighed and held the orb in his hand.

"How does it work?"

She spoke without turning back.

"You just stick it to one of your eyes and shut the other. You'd be sucked in."

He did just as she said pressing the orb to his right eye while keeping the left closed. He waited but nothing happened. He changed the eye trying with the left this time. Still it didn't work. He took it back to the right. Still nothing.

Maybe it doesn't work afterall. He made to remove it from his eyes and tell Cordelia that it truly didn't work when he felt the orb getting warm. The temperature rose up at a rate that was just too fast. It burnt his eyeball and he made to scream but couldn't find his voice. He struggled to break free but the more he tried, the more he was drawn in until he lost consciousness.

He laid on the floor his breathing heavy. His clothes felt damp. He wondered why it was so. He opened his eyes slowly and stirred. His view was blurred and he had to blink several times to get them clear. He was looking really dirty, with sand was all over his clothes. He got up and dusted himself. He looked around to see a vast stretch of land with sand everywhere. His throat felt dry. He couldn't see anything or anyone nearby. He wondered what he was doing here. He place looked like some deserted place. Yes, that's what it was, a desert. That explained the sand everywhere that hindered his movement and the scorching effect of the sun. He was famished and had to get out of this place soon enough. He began walking for what seemed like hours and still got nowhere, he couldn't see anything. He was dying. He sank down trying to catch his breath as he had been panting. He closed his eyes trying hard to push back the thought of the deep rooted hunger that was brewing ever so bad. He opened his eyes to find himself in an enclosure and it was dark. He was lying down and

What was this all about? He shifted, rolling over and his body felt cold. A shrill went down his spine.

"Damn. Where is this place?"

He sat up and snapped his finger.

"Emflammare!"

A fire appeared at the tip of his finger and as he saw, two forms laid beside him. They were those of Cordelia and Mr. Logan. He looked around and could now see that they were in a cave. Close to its mouth there was a pool of water but he found out that he no longer was thirsty. He wondered why and how they got here. He laid back, closing his eyes and allowed his thought drift back. He had hardly laid for five minutes when he heard footsteps coming from the mouth of the cave. He laid down listening as they approached. They were men from what he could make out, two of them.

One motioned to the other to go forward. He seemed to disagree with this but got pushed by the other forward.

George immediately started a fire.

"Enflammare!"

The light revealed their faces. They were bearded, probably in their thirties dressed in robes which had been colored with dust. He expected them to turn his way immediately the flames went up but they didn't look his way even a bit. This scared him the more. The man ahead went for Cordelia and carefully dipped his hand in her pocket searching for something.

"Stop it immediately!" George screamed. The guy still continued as though he had heard nothing. George, angered by this got up, walked past the other guy waiting and made to push the other guy searching Cordelia but where his hand would grip the man's waist to turn him over, his hand past through as though there was nothing there. He was shocked and looked at his hand wishing they would give him answers.

What's happening to me?

He moved backward and where he would have made contact with the other guy, he just passed him. His heart skipped a beat.

I'm I dead?

He stood in front of the man waiting for the other and waved his hand against his face but his eyes didn't blink for once.

"Quick, goddamn you!" He whispered to the other.

Just then Cordelia stirred and opened her eyes immediately.

"What the he..."

It happened so fast and before George could react, a knife had gone into her head and they seemed to have gotten what they wanted for they left immediately and what was the more surprising was the bizarre fact that Mr. Logan still laid there asleep. He rushed to Cordelia's side and made to cup her but his hand couldn't meet her flesh.

"Nooooooooo....."

He shut his eyes as he screamed with all the voice he could gather. His throat felt patchy. Then he heard a sound, it sounded feminine. He opened his eyes...

He saw her holding a back dress stretched over her.

"What do you say?"

He couldn't say anything. It was like his tongue had been tied.

"What's the matter. You look like you've seen a ghost?"

"It's nice, your dress."

She eyed him as she turned around to bring another dress, a pink one from the wardrobe. He just stood there with the orb still in his hand and he was shaking, shivering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** TO BE CONTINUED****
MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015

He couldn't bring himself to tell how what he had just seen. How do you tell somebody that you saw them die? It was going to take lots of guts to do so. He tried to maintain a calm demeanor the day but a trace of gloom did linger. He hoped Cordelia didn't notice it. He would hate for their friendship to start out in that note. If anything, he wanted to get to know her more, wanted to gain her trust so that when he eventually told her, she would accept it.

What if the orb doesn't tell future but just a figment of imagination? But he hasn't been thinking or imagining anything of that sort. Why would he imagine her dead. Who does that?

Still, he wished it was just his imagination for if the visor truly told future then he could only hope that this future was in a long time.

They cleaned her room and also the one that Mr. Logan gave to him. It turned out to have been his kind of recess enclosure during which he would go in and be cut short from everyone for a period of time. George felt thrilled, felt privileged to be given the room. Cordelia had tried to protest taking it instead of her's but a look into the room brought a change of mind. It was rather old and had not the slightest definition of beautiful. The walls were bare without paint and held writings she couldn't make out. On the floor were heaps of waste papers and she could tell that a lot of writing had been done here. In the wardrobe were old robes which had that smell of dust and disuse. They had to remove completely the floor carpet as it was better to leave the floor bare than use the carpet that was now badly tattered. Then, he mopped the floor and scrubbed the doors and table.

By evening, they were all exhausted, Mr. Logan included for he had spent a great part of the day maintaining the yard something George objected against but got a restrain. He wondered how the man still had such strength given his age.

"Don't mind him. He's way stronger than he looks," Cordelia had told him.

As they sat in the old sitting room for dinner, Mr. Logan showed his delight at seeing the place bubbling with life once again. He did mention though that he thinks George was looking a little sad, that he had that look of being lost in his eyes.

"Oh no, I think I'm just a little tired after today's activities."

"Very well then, let's eat. I'm starving already."

It was a meal of ......one that George would have loved to devour but he found himself pecking at the food with his fork disinterested. Mr. Logan and Cordelia exchanged a knowing look and then Cordelia spoke up.

"Are you alright, George?"

He stared blankly into her eyes before he caught himself.

"Oh, I'm fine. I feel a little drowsy. Best to go get some sleep now, I'm really tired."

Without waiting for an affirmation, he ran up the stairs into his new room and fell on the bed, his legs hanging beneath the stands.

How do I tell them? Would they think I'm nuts?

Best to keep it from them. They must not find out. Maybe there was a way to avoid it. Pictures of the blade sticking out of Cordelia's head still filled his vision and he didn't know when he slept off.

He dreamt of himself pursuing Cordelia's killer, the one who had stabbed her and having caught him, beating them to pulp. He had him tied using a spell and was going to throw him down a cliff when he spoke begging for his life.

"What's your name?" he asked

"Theodore, Bagmore."

"Well, Theodore. I'd hate to kill you but then I have to revenge my friend's death." He walked slowly towards him.

"Please, I can bring her back!"

"How so?"

"I have a potion, the elixir."

He stopped immediately.

"The elixir? But how?"

"I stole it off a certain young man. It can bring back the dead. I'll administer it to her if and only if you let me live."

He looked at him rather suspiciously. He could be trying to playing his way out of his hand. So he knew he had to play very carefully. By the way how come he just stole the elixir off someone, an elixir that was supposed to give immortality. He had got to be lying. He eyed him with suspicion.

"Where is it?"

"Can't tell you unless you....you know."

He dragged him to his feet as they headed back for the cave. When they got there, he met her body lying there still and it felt cold but Mr. Logan's wasn't there. This would have bothered him but he had one thing on his mind, to get Cordelia back to life. He would have enough time to worry about Mr. Logan later. He took a knife out of his pocket and slowly and watchfully cut him loose.

"Aha!" I knew you'd do it. He put his hand in his pocket and brought out a small bottle. It contained some greenish liquid. He hadn't really asked which color the elixir was supposed to be. Still, he had to assume that this killer thought he knew.

"One drop and she's back."

He laid beside her still body and pressed the side of her cheek making the mouth open and let in a drop and then closed her mouth shut again and corked the bottle.

"Then that?....why isn't she up yet?"

"It would do you well to know that patience is a virtue."

He stared at the man, Theodore, anger burning in his eyes but then he had to break his stare as he felt warmth coming back to Cordelia's hand that he held in his. Soon, it radiated all around her body and he watched as the gash in her head closed up. She blinked and opened her eyes.

"Oh my God! I can't believe you're back!"

He cupped her up and embraced her although she didn't quite retaliate, probably still at a lost from what was happening.

Suddenly Mr. Logan appeared from the mouth of the cave.

"Oh, thank goodness...you are alive!"

He ran towards them, his green robe sweeping the floor but stopped suddenly. They both, he and Cordelia looked up to see him gasping. A look down revealed a blade sticking out of his stomach. He went down slowly and to reveal the face of the killer smiling, it was Theodore.

"An eye for an eye, a life for a life!"

He ran out as he said the word and George was only too shocked to do anything.

"Boy, bo...y....the ward....the..."

Mr. Logan was trying so hard to say something. He hurried to him quickly and rested his head on his thigh.

"Its gonna be alright Mr. Logan. I'll get you fixed."

Mr. Logan held tightly to his hand trying to get his attention.

"The wardrr..."

He wasn't able to complete his statement as he gave up in death.

"Dad...dad..."
Cordelia shook his body vigorously but he didn't seem to move.

"No No Noo...NOOooooooooooooooooo!"

He woke up sweating with a tear down running down his eyes. He cleaned them off and sat up.

"Thank goodness it was only a dream!"

"What had Mr. Logan been trying to say to me?"

The Word...

He couldn't quite place it. Mr. Logan appearing had looked quite different. It must have been that green robe he had on. He had seen it earlier somewhere.
Then like the morning sun, it dawned on him.

The Wardrobe.

He quickly went to it and pulled it open. There were several robes there and then he saw the green robe. It was at the extreme. He pushed the other robes back and pulled out the green robe.

It was finely designed with the seems weaved with gold but it wasn't this that caught his attention. Pulling the robe he had mistakenly touched something for immediately the back of the wardrobe slid open revealing a dark interior. He let the robe drop to the ground as he went in. Suddenly, the back of the wardrobe slid back into position and he felt the board underneath his feet move and before he realized, he was falling.

He screamed all the way down what seemed like an eternity before he landed on foam which bounced him up absorbing the shock. He stopped screaming and opened his eyes to see a very large room, shelves everywhere with books on them. More so, Alexius was there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Good morning guys. Trust your night was blessed.

Please I'm sorry for the way the update looks. I can't tell why the line spacing isn't working. Just bear with me and try reading like that...

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
nice one bro
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Damoguy(m): 5:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Really enjoyed ur story more grease to ur elbow,u re too much,when is d next update coming up
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Chapter 12

George spent a great part of his days especially at nights paying a visit to the great library. He learned so much in such a short time and this was made possible with the help of Alexius who guided him with pronunciations and the right combinations of potions.

The great library held virtually everything he needed for every spell he had to do. He spent some rare mornings discussing and sharing knowledge with Cordelia who seemed to be quite knowledgeable. She knew quite a lot about a sizable range of things from leaves to animals to historical facts and she was a natural speaker. She could go on and on for a while without once breaking or mixing words. He always enjoyed his time with her as he got to know her more. She was extremely strong willed, had principles which she didn't break no matter the condition and she had the nag for justice. But despite all these, deep down in her was the kind-hearted, loveable, and friendly girl. Years of frustration had changed her quite a little but she still had those traces. He still quaked a little and couldn't quite feel free with her because every time he looked into her eyes, he saw the terror staring back at him with the dagger hanging from her head. He knew she suspected something wasn't right about him and she had even asked a few times but he hadn't been able to tell her the truth.

He found himself drawn too the orb and he kept feeding on the visions he saw in them. He did this hoping that in one of them he would see his parents, or himself saving them. If it was his destiny to save them then at some point in his future, he ought to meet them.

As days past, he found out that he was losing touch with the physical as he spent more time in the orb than out of it. He saw himself in a certain land at one time holding up a bottle like some treasure with jubilant people around him, carrying him shoulder high and celebrating him, at another time, he saw himself riding a horse and then there there were other visions that had left him feeling greatly pleased. But of late, there had been a shift and there was one vision that still lingered in his mind beside the one where he saw Cordelia killed, it was one where he had found himself in a certain magical orbit called INGLASSIA. In that place, he had seen terror rained down on earth. The moon turned to blood and people were destroyed together with houses, animals and other creatures. This particular visions kept coming to him from the orb only in different variations so much so that even his night dreams were now filled with horror and chaos. Still, he continued using it to find an answer as he couldn't quite make out what was happening and why and what it had to do with him. It was based on this that he sent Alexius based on Alexius' own suggestion to go out through the booksway traveling channel to fetch information concerning this mystery INGLASSIA on one bright morning.

That day, after Alexius left, he was feeling a little light hearted and for once in a long time joined Cordelia and Mr. Logan for breakfast.

"Whoa, its been quite a while we had the privilege of having you join us for breakfast. Is there something you're celebrating?" Mr. Logan ask taking his place after Cordelia finished adding extra dishes to the table.

"Not exactly sir. I've been really busy with studies and practice. I'm sorry...its not like I've been trying to avoid you or Cordelia. Its just..."

He paused to look at them and they looked back hoping to hear something new, something informative but he didn't continue.

"Let's just eat...I think I've got quite an appetite today."

Mr. Logan and Cordelia exchanged a knowing look and choosing not to speak any further, they ate breakfast in silence.

That night, George was feeling really tired. He had noticed that he was quickly losing strength most of the time the past weeks and he didn't know why. One thought though was that he was working himself too much for he spent hours every day peering through books and mixing potions. He laid on the bed horizontally and made to drift off but a thought came to grant one more look into the orb which he did though everything suggested against it. He went to his wardrobe and retrieved it from the pocket of one of the robes and pressed it into his eyeballs and in a flash, he was in a vision.

Cordelia sat on her bed with a picture in her hand. It was that of her mother. She was blonde and had the most beautiful face she had ever seen. She wondered where she was and if she still cared for the daughter she left so many years ago. She pressed the picture to her heart and made the vow she had been making for a long time; she would never forget her mother and would keep searching for her.

She went to her table and placed the picture down and took up her pen. She had been writing a book. Writing was her hobby. She liked to write of things around her, the birds, colors, emotions and just about everything her mind could dwell on. At this moment, she was composing a poem about her mom.

"Her glittering blue eyes, I always see
With firm pink lips she once did speak
The words that I remember still
Will you want some meat or diary milk

My minds cannot but wander where
Searching the woods if she's been there
When will I feel my mother's care
When can I feel her tender hair...

She paused...

It was as though she'd heard a sound. She turned around listening in every direction, she waited but didn't hear any more.

"Oh, it must be the animals. She turned around and continued but couldn't seem to get the flow as she had before the disturbance. She cursed. Under her breath before she decided that it was enough for the night. She got up and made her bed. Then she slid into it and covering herself she made to put out the candle when she heard a scream and this time she was sure of it. It had come from George's room and that was definitely his voice. She threw the cover off and ran out towards his room. She pushed his door but it wouldn't give way. It was locked.

"Aperi portam!"

The bolt ran back and she opened the door to see George laying sprawled on the floor. In split seconds, Mr. Logan was in the room. He ran to George's body and lifted him. Blood flowed from his nostrils and as he carried him out heading for his own room. Cordelia saw something in his hand and it was glowing red.

"The orb!"
She screamed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
****To be continued****
#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
at last......still don't believe u.are back #Made of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
rockhillz:
at last......still don't believe u.are back #Made of More

I am back oo Rockhillz. I'm back like I never left. Have you forgotten I'm made of more?lol

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by somkhid(m): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
[B] thank God dis story is 2yrs old nice 1 pabon [/B]
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Sageez(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2015
at last! Joining d team #MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Afz9095(m): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Here @last , pabon u get a great story here,hope u won't abandon it again. #MADEOFMORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2015
Good morning lovely people. I've been out of data for a week now. I hope to subscribe before the end of next week and then I'll continue posting frequently. Please pardon my absence.

#MADE OF MORE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by alleazardous(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2015
No problem bro we can always wait
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Afz9095(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hope no be say u don abandon dis tori again...hey pabon no try me o
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2015
Mr. Logan and Cordelia listened very attentively as he told them what he had been seeing and more than once, Mr. Logan and Cordelia exchanged glances. George wondered if he sounded weird, seeing all these stuffs and talking of things that probably wouldn't happen. Still, he felt a growing ease as he poured out all he had been hiding inside.

"Then came the visions about a certain blood moon. It would suddenly start pouring stuffs towards the earth and cause massive destruction of life and property. I mean it spared nothing man, animals, vegetation, everything just siped clean of existence and when this would be all over, I'd be left alone, in the whole world with nothing but corpses. You could imagine the terror. Mr. Logan, does this stuff really tell the future?" He held out the orb and Mr. Logan took it in his hand and examined it. He didn't know what to say. For one, he knew it worked but himself had hardly used it. The only time he had gotten a vision after persistence peering into it, he had seen just a vague picture of a farm where several horses were gathered chewing grasses and they didn't seem to want to do other things. All day he had been stuck watching and all day they ate grass. Still, he knew from study and what history had to offer that it worked.

"I can't say I have first hand knowledge about its working but I do know from prolonged years of study that it does work and if your visions are anything to go by, it means its time for the blood solstice.

"Blood solstice?"

"Yeah. Its the period when the sun consumes the rages of a thousand dead souls and sends them down to the earth. It lasts for hours beginning at 12 am till about 7am although the time is not fixed. It happens after series of battles have been fought and bloods spilled over the period of a hundred years. Alas, what I feared has come and we must get to INGORD. The safety of the realm lies in the hands of every gifted."

"You mean you've always know that something like this would happen?" It was Cordelia who spoke now and it was a tone of surprise and disappointment all mixed up to such an extent that Mr. Logan looked truly sorry. But he hadn't been sure. It was one thing to delve into books studying events and circles and it was another thing entirely saying that for sure they would happen. One could only make logical guesses, assumptions that held no real iota of certainty.

"I wasn't so sure. I had my hypothesis but without any real proof as to when it was going to occur but now that George has mentioned that he saw the Stallian horse, it can only mean that its not far off. The stallian horse marks the emergence of a new heir to the grand elixir. It got to be happening soon. We only have got to wait for the seal of Inglassia for we can't go in without one. Ingord has an heavily guided system that hasn't been breached in the last six hundred years."

"So what do we do?" George asked looking confused and sorting a reply that would calm his nerves.

"I don't know but what I do know is that if we were meant to be in Ingord, somehow the watchers would find a way to get a seal to us. We only have to wait. Sleep now dear and no more peering into that ball for now. The visions have been feeding off your body and you're lucky to even be alive, the magarian juice really does wonders"

"Okay. I won't."

"That's right," Mr. Logan said moving out of the room. Cordelia sat at the side of his bed but wouldn't look at him. He knew she was hurting. She must be blaming herself for giving me the orb and almost getting myself killed.

He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Its alright Cord, it was no fault of yours. I accepted to look in the orb."

She turned to look at him with her eyebrows raised, she looked madly angry.

"I gave you the orb and you didn't think you could trust me with what you were seeing. You kept all these things to yourself even to your own detriment. Is that how our 'supposed' friendship should look like?"

He saw now clearly how she felt. She was right that he ought to have told her about, at least, some of the visions, she was witty and could have been able to decipher the meaning of most of them quicker than he could. With her instinct for good judgment, she would prove a worthy adviser.

"I'm sorry, I never thought you' d be bothered about stuffs like this. They were really scary."

"Why wouldn't I be interested. Living with someone like my dad, you've got to develop interest for weird stuffs and mystery happens to be my preferred sort of weird. Never ever keep stuffs like this from me ever again!"

"Okay, my lady!" He said teasingly.

"That's more like it. I'll leave you now but I will be back later with your dinner. Don't stay up thinking or fantasizing. Relax and allow the medicines do their job."

She wait for a reply as he hastily left for the door. He wondered why she was in a hurry. He shut his eyes and tried to clear his head. Thoughts about the mystery Ingord kept dabbing in and out as he waged a war to push them out. He wondered if the orb would ever give him a clear and beautiful picture of Ingord. He turned to give one last look at the orb but it wasn't there. It had been there after Mr. Logan left. He was doubly sure of that cause Cordelia had it rolling in her palm. Cordelia would definitely have taken it. He tried to get up but found it impossible not because he was still hurting but he discovered that he had been bound to his bed with the restraining spell which rendered his hand immobile. He was going to revenge Cordelia for tricking him.

"CORDELIA!!!!"
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Afz9095(m): 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
welldone man #MADE OF MORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by GSteve001(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
thumbs up
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
I'll be writing short but consistent updates now. I'm currently exploring ways to make my story even more interesting, to ensure I don't experience writer block too often and to ensure every update in engaging. Feel free to advise me on this (or even criticize)....I just need to improve.

I'm still trying to come up with another update....the story is about to begin proper. Keep calm....

#MADE OF MORE!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
The radiance casted early shadows on the wall as they bade farewell to the receding darkness. Somewhere outside on some trees birds chirped idly, while trying to balance on the branches upon which their

claws firmly stood. The air scented of daisies and wild mints and the waters nearby trickled slowly going about their business dutifully like asians working for their survival. Life boomed on all sides, animate and inanimate alike all working to keep the balance that nature provides. Everything was alive and awake save one who rolled idly in bed oblivious of the beginning of another phase of his destiny.
The door creaked open and Cordelia walked gracefully in. Her yellow blouse a perfect reflection of her current excited state.

"Wakey wakey!"

He stirred and stretched but on seeing her, he fell back, rolled over showing her his back and zoomed back to sleep.

"It's morning sleepy head, it's time for breakfast!"

Speaking with a squeaky and barely audible voice, he replied her.

"You guys just go ahead, I'm kinda tired!"

He plunged back using his pillow to shut his ears so he wont hear her speak.

"Wow, what do I tell Alexius now?"

At the mentioned of Alexius, he tore the covers off and climbed, more like jumped out of the bed.

"Alexius is back? Why didn't you say so before?"

"Didn't know you'd care for that seeing you were enjoying your sleep."

"Crazy, you know you are. I've been looking out for his arrival for days now and you dare talk thrash about not knowing?"

"You could nag for all I care but it still ain't gonna remove the fact that you are a sleepy head."

"Say that again!"

"Sleepy headddd!". She ran as she said this as he raced her towards the dinning in mad fury. He stopped when he met the look on Alexuis. His clothes had creases and holes and a slash was across his cheek

and it still has patch of dried blood. He sat down slowly facing Alexius.

"Whatever happened to you?"

"Its a long story and I'm too tired, too hungry to explain now. I'd rather eat first and take a little nap and then, maybe then I'd be able to tell."
"So, this long story was able to get you in this state but couldn't take your stubbornness and bad tongue?" he gave him a quizzy look. And then his he seemed to have remembered something.

"Why were you not able to change from this human state, nothing would have touched you?"

"Its more complicated than you think...nothing magical works in the plains of INGLASSIA. There's so much you guys have to know and there's a lot happening and about to happen. The blood solstice happens

in two fortnights."

"Wow, that close. We'd have no time to prepare adequately."

"And then again, your arrival is being keenly anticipated. You've been prophesied to lead the sons of Thorank."

"Who are those?"

Alexius didnt answer and same with Cordelia. They all looked with shock, only Mr. Logan spoke after some seconds.

"They are the men eating flesh of their fellow men."
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
GSteve001:
thumbs up
Thanks
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nancywealth(f): 3:01am On Dec 11, 2015
This one pass merlin, nice update pabon
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2015
Nancywealth:
This one pass merlin, nice update pabon

My dear Nancywealth, na so we see am oo...Thanks for following sha...

#MadeOfMore!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nimat158(f): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
awesome
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by jupitre(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
Very interesting piece...u are gud..bt make ur updates frequently...:-Dkiss;-):-)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.