Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi (12783 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / "Boko Haram Killed 28 Nigerian Soldiers Of 72 Battalion Between 2012 & 2015" / List Of Top Twenty Looters Of Nigerian Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by luvmijeje(f): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Gbogbo omo Nigeria, e ku ifarada.
Oooooo.......... ifarada nla. sad

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by ogb5(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
If you believe this story then you must believe I am bill gates.

If jonathan can finance 2 yrs budget with only 15billion dollars then he his a magician.

Too many mumu on NL, see as Sahara reporters dey plait una head with lies.

Infact, it is 200billion dollars that is missing

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by AZeD1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: lol... So NNPC 'diverting' $49.5billion of its Crude Oil sales from d Federation Account, koo? I thought I even saw $49million initiali. So how much does Nigeria make in Sales of Crude Oil in a year or two, esp since they 'remitted' $15billion to d Federation Account according to this account?? And there was still money to run budgets- FG, States and LGAs??.... Abeg, make people learn how to talk lie well
Denying the story and forming smart like you did here?

taharqa: [size=20]YOU ARE A VERY BIG FOOOL[/size].... So it didn't rain yesterday, and according to you those bowls may hv been used to collect water from d AC System (as smone else also suggested), yet you rushed to open a thread on a National forum saying that you witnessed a 'rain leaking roof' yterday as you were traveling to London; and sm of d Okpees who call themselves MODS on NL pushed d thread to d FP. If you weren't sure, why d helll did not bring such a grave accusation to a forum where there are lots of Non-Nigerians reading? If sm persons didn't demand for sm answers, wud you hv made the clarifications you just made? Why didn't you add these clarifications (DOUBTS) to your opening OP if you were not a DISHONEST person...... EWUDAN
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by gondie: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
question for those making noise all over the place......
is it your oil?
is it your money?
if the answer to any of these is negative;
do the needful(in oshobaba's voice).

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by awodman: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Let's even try rationalizing this laughable report

1) Does total revenue equal profit?...Pls note that it is profit that goes into federation account

2) Now even if total revenue equals profit,this report is trying to make us believe that 100% of Crude sales goes to FG.Does it mean IOCs and other indigenous oil companies no longer operate in Nigeria?Does it mean that Joint Ventures (JV) and Production Sharing Contracts(PSC) between Govt and oil Companies don't exist?

Pls when you wanna do propaganda try not to insult out intelligence..we all are not dumb

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by tosan200(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
one day the hunter shall become the hunted and the prey becomes the predator.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by Demdem(m): 4:34am On Dec 11, 2013
plaindealer:

Sanusi is basically dishing out to the public Jonathan's dirty laundry. This is huge and more about GEJ himself than the Oil minister...

Sanusi most likely would have discussed these issues verbally with Jonathan, Ngozi and madueke but decided to put it down in writing for posterity sake since no favourable response came from them.
His tenure is almost over, at least this is on record.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by gondie: 4:49am On Dec 11, 2013
why are you guys crying and foaming in the mouth?
do you have oil in your village?
you should be happy the ss you insult allows you to eat from their pot.
you better keep quiet or you will be deported to your village.
Demdem:

Sanusi most likely would have discussed these issues verbally with Jonathan, Ngozi and madueke but decided to put it down in writing for posterity sake since no favourable response came from them.
His tenure is almost over, at least this is on record.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by taharqa: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2013

Even so, when compared with prevailing data from different government agencies, the figure admitted by the CBN is still lesser than what Nigeria should earn from oil sales.

While the bank said its computation, based on pre-shipment details, showed that Nigeria sold N10.3 trillion worth of oil in 19 months, PREMIUM TIMES’ analysis shows the government should rather realize N10.6 trillion in the first 10 months of 2013-Janaury to October-alone.

PREMIUM TIMES’s estimates is based on the government’s data of daily production average of 2.11 million barrels of crude, sold at an average price of $105.84 per barrel.

If multiplied and converted to naira, the government should have realized N10. 6 trillion in 10 months alone.

But in that period, total oil receipts data provided by the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, claimed between January and October, the government made N5.8 trillion.

Also, our estimates show that the government has not only lied or misled Nigerians about its total receipts from oil sales, but is also deceitful about its earnings in the contentious Excess Crude Account.

The ECA holds the difference between the real market price for oil and the government’s projection in the national budget yearly.

For 2013, the government approved rate is $79 per barrel (called benchmark for oil price), meaning any raise in price at the international market, will go into the ECA.

For most of the year, oil sold as much as $112 and $114 per barrel. At a conservative rate of $105 per barrel, the government should have realized $26 as difference per barrel for the Excess Crude Account.

Calculated at 2.11 million barrels per day, that should amount to $17.3 billion (about N2.695trillion) earned as excess crude revenue from crude oil exports as of October 2013.

But the government claims it generated only N986.6 billion in the Excess Crude Account.

For those persons 'eating' this thrash, this is what the EDITORS of PT allowed through their 'Paper':

Their 'Analysis' was based on the Assumption of an Average Oil Sales of 2.11millionbpd and Average Price of $105 per barrel. According to them, using these figures for a 10 months period, Jan-Oct 2013, Nigeria 'Earned' (their very words) #10.6trillion from crude oil sales, while NNPC only remitted #5.8billion to the Federation Account within the period (so the difference of #4.8trillion has been 'STOLEN' or 'DIVERTED'); just as $17.3billion (#2.695trillion) was 'earned' as Excess Crude Oil, although the Govt remitted #986.6billion (so the difference #1.708trillion has also been 'stolen' or 'diverted')!!

Here was the Mathematics used:
--- 2.11millionbpd * $105 per barrel * 30days * 10months * #158= #10.5trillion Oil SOLD (equivalent in their own mind to money 'earned' by Nigeria).

--- 2.11mbpd * $26 Excess per barrel(ie $105- $97) * 30days * 10months= $16.5billion (approximately $17.3billion they used since am using 30days per month).

So PT wud have us believe that Crude Oil, at least the Nigerian Oil, just magically produces and sells itself just like that, kwa (maybe that's why it is called 'Sweet Oil')? PT wud have us believe that All the Oil Companies in Nigeria (Shell, Chevron, Total, Oando, Sahra Energy, ExxonMobil, Halliburton, NNPC itself, etc) are a bunch of Father Xmases who love Nigeria so much that they not only produce/sell our crude for us for FREE without adding the COST of production nor do they Share from the Oil sales. Such Wonderful set of Companies in deed!! May they be blessed, Always wink!!

OK, enough of Clowning around; lets get back to Reality now:
When a Country produces and sells Oil to the International market, the money that buyers pay (like the #10.6trillion above) is just the SELLING PRICE. There is a COST associated with producing and selling every barrel of Oil sold (Cost of Exploration, Licensing, Exploitation, Producing, Storage, Transportation, Running cost, Labour, buying of sophisticated Equipment/Platforms, Insurance, Security, etc, etc, etc). This COST is subtracted from the SELLING PRICE; the Resulting Difference been the SHAREABLE PROFIT. It is only this PROFIT that is SHARED bw the Govt and the Oil Companies in the ratio 70/60: 30/40 (depending on the JV partnership). Govts share then goes to the Federation Account. This is the SUM that the producing country truly EARNS.

Now, the very 1st question that immediately comes to mind is how the helll is PT Editors unaware of this ELEMENTARY stuff such that they went ahead to make weighty allegations based on a premise that is sooooo Wrong, and easily so too?? But the Truth is that they KNEW. This was no mistakes nor was it an oversight. They knew EXACTLY what they were/are doing. These are not a group of OLODOS (like some Clowns here, some of whom have already commented foooolishly already); these are Smart Guys, albeit with severely flawed Characters. So also knew they were going to be caught easily at least by a few critically-minded persons, SO WHY DID THEY STILL DO IT.

Well, for same reasons an 'OLODO' Senator (he also knew exactly what he was doing too) from the North and an APC member (or Prospective member) recently publicly said that #500billion Subsidy money was 'missing', even after he admitted that #300billion was received by the FG out of the total possible Sum of #800billion, and had papers showing that the FG only receives 41% of the SURE-P funds whilst States, LGAs and Ecological fund receives the remaining 59% (and 59% of #800 is approximately #500billion, the same amount he declared 'missing'). He also knew by the way that States and LGAs, including his own, have ALL religiously received their share of the money every month at FAAC meeting, YET he went ahead to make the allegations and it initially made headlines!!!

Same reasons Ameachi said that $5billion was 'missing' from the Federation Account when the same Amaechi had been leading the charge by Govs to share out the monies in the Excess Fund. When Okonjo-Iweala finally confronted him the #54billion he Amaechi had collected as the Exact share of Rivers State's part of the 'missing' $5billion Excess Fund, he waited like 4 days b4 responding and saying 'yes we received the #54billion share' (in other words, there was No 'missing' $5billlion) but said that they did not know that the #5554billion they received came from the Excess Fund (Imagine that!!!!). Amaechi knew the truth from the start and also knew he will caught red-handed, But still he did it and made Headlines!!

Why would these people go to such an extent to stream HUGE Headlines, when they knew that they would be caught relative EASILY since premises are so 'obviously' lousy? Why do they want to make the Screaming Headllines? Why??

Did I hear words like DESPERATION, POWER MONGERING, HYPOCRISY, etc etc etc..... Maybe, you may not be so far off then.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by taharqa: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Sorry guys, I wud complete d above later. My time-based, Evening MB, don finish, and my fone no bi am. Later tins, abeg...
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by fyneguy: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa:

For those persons 'eating' this thrash, this is what the EDITORS of PT allowed through their 'Paper':

Their 'Analysis' was based on the Assumption of an Average Oil Sales of 2.11millionbpd and Average Price of $105 per barrel. According to them, using these figures for a 10 months period, Jan-Oct 2013, Nigeria 'Earned' (their very words) #10.6trillion from crude oil sales, while NNPC only remitted #5.8billion to the Federation Account within the period (so the difference of #4.8trillion has been 'STOLEN' or 'DIVERTED'); just as $17.3billion (#2.695trillion) was 'earned' as Excess Crude Oil, although the Govt remitted #986.6billion (so the difference #1.708trillion has also been 'stolen' or 'diverted')!!

Here was the Mathematics used:
--- 2.11millionbpd * $105 per barrel * 30days * 10months * #158= #10.5trillion Oil SOLD (equivalent in their own mind to money 'earned' by Nigeria).

--- 2.11mbpd * $26 Excess per barrel(ie $105- $97) * 30days * 10months= $16.5billion (approximately $17.3billion they used since am using 30days per month).

So PT wud have us believe that Crude Oil, at least the Nigerian Oil, just magically produces and sells itself just like that, kwa (maybe that's why it is called 'Sweet Oil')? PT wud have us believe that All the Oil Companies in Nigeria (Shell, Chevron, Total, Oando, Sahra Energy, ExxonMobil, Halliburton, NNPC itself, etc) are a bunch of Father Xmases who love Nigeria so much that they not only produce/sell our crude for us for FREE without adding the COST of production nor do they Share from the Oil sales. Such Wonderful set of Companies in deed!! May they be blessed, Always wink!!

OK, enough of Clowning around; lets get back to Reality now:
When a Country produces and sells Oil to the International market, the money that buyers pay (like the #10.6trillion above) is just the SELLING PRICE. There is a COST associated with producing and selling every barrel of Oil sold (Cost of Exploration, Licensing, Exploitation, Producing, Storage, Transportation, Running cost, Labour, buying of sophisticated Equipment/Platforms, Insurance, Security, etc, etc, etc). This COST is subtracted from the SELLING PRICE; the Resulting Difference been the SHAREABLE PROFIT. It is only this PROFIT that is SHARED bw the Govt and the Oil Companies in the ratio 70/60: 30/40 (depending on the JV partnership). Govts share then goes to the Federation Account. This is the SUM that the producing country truly EARNS.

Now, the very 1st question is how the helll did PT Editors unaware of this ELEMENTARY stuff such that they went
why refer us to PT?
Before I tear down the crap you posted about cost and selling prices, I'll give u another chance to go through Sanusi's letter again and pay more attention to the analysis tables. Let me also inform or remind you this govt has been funding budgets from both proceeds-oil and non-oil, as well as plunging the reserves. I await your response

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by nduchucks: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2013
fyneguy:
why refer us to PT?
Before I tear down the crap you posted about cost and selling prices, I'll give u another chance to go through Sanusi's letter again and pay more attention to the analysis tables. Let me also inform or remind you this govt has been funding budgets from both proceeds-oil and non-oil, as well as plunging the reserves. I await your response

This issue is too important to politicize, so I urge those of you who understand the issue to shed light on it responsibly. Now, fyneguy has asked taharqa a sensible question and I hope the response is a honest one, devoid of politics.

The whole world is watching us.

Nigerians should be up in arms and demanding answers to this problem. No one believes that Sanusi made this up. It appears on its face, that there is a major problem somewhere and its location and solution must be uncovered.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by taharqa: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2013
fyneguy:
why refer us to PT?
Why refer you to PT? Cos d @OP provided sources in order to push his point across: SaharaReporters and PremiumTimes. And PT's particular contributed to d mata was d 'Analysis' I just ReAnanlysed above (though still incomplete). And it gives an Indicatn of why and how Desperate sm set of Power Mongers truly are if they can go to such lengths in order to make a point (reali, to push an AGENDA). Moreova, I already responded to d 'letter' in my 1st 2 comments, which are actuali lots of QUESTIONS rather than a proper response. The whole tin doesn't make ANY sense to me, as do every other person who hv commented here (whether they want to admit it or not). But maybe it makes Sense to you; in which case, we ALL wud be most grateful if you explained it to us. You may want to refer to my 1st 2 comments here for sm of d questions I asked...... Oh! Lest I forgot: yr inferring of d possibility of d funding of d budgets of d 816 Govts in Nigeria when $50bn of Oil money is 'missing' just cos according to you 'the budget is funded by oil and nonoil sums' smarks of reali ridiculous streak of IGNORANCE, of many tins not least is d actual % of Oil-to-nonOil ratio budgets are usuali been funded in Nigeria. You may want to steer clear of such pitiable Slips as you begin to Explain to us how d whole tin made sense to you. Goodluck..
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by taharqa: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2013
fyneguy:
why refer us to PT?
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by gondie: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2013
Afam stop hiding my comments.
If you will not hide all the insults thrown at my president by these stinking and faceless idiots then you have no moral right to stop me from telling them how pathetic they are.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by ballabriggs: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2013
[s]
taharqa: Why refer you to PT? Cos d @OP provided sources in order to push his point across: SaharaReporters and PremiumTimes. And PT's particular contributed to d mata was d 'Analysis' I just ReAnanlysed above (though still incomplete). And it gives an Indicatn of why and how Desperate sm set of Power Mongers truly are if they can go to such lengths in order to make a point (reali, to push an AGENDA). Moreova, I already responded to d 'letter' in my 1st 2 comments, which are actuali lots of QUESTIONS rather than a proper response. The whole tin doesn't make ANY sense to me, as do every other person who hv commented here (whether they want to admit it or not). But maybe it makes Sense to you; in which case, we ALL wud be most grateful if you explained it to us. You may want to refer to my 1st 2 comments here for sm of d questions I asked...... Oh! Lest I forgot: yr inferring of d possibility of d funding of d budgets of d 816 Govts in Nigeria when $50bn of Oil money is 'missing' just cos according to you 'the budget is funded by oil and nonoil sums' smarks of reali ridiculous streak of IGNORANCE, of many tins not least is d actual % of Oil-to-nonOil ratio budgets are usuali been funded in Nigeria. You may want to steer clear of such pitiable Slips as you begin to Explain to us how d whole tin made sense to you. Goodluck..
[/s]

Mr Mumu, I do not care about the rubbish you have written there. Fact is about $50 billion which should have been paid into the federation account has not been paid and is consistent with the response of the NNPC communications man who has attempted to shift the blame on some other agencies.

Whether it is cost price, selling price, that is not our business. The question is, where has our money gone. This government is unable to pay the states their statutory dues from oil sales and continues to draw from savings. This government has had to issue massive amounts of domestic and foreign debts to finance its budgets in a period of rising oil prices. This is enough evidence that something is wrong.

Sanusi Lamido did not write about 2010 and 2011, he wrote about from Jan 2012. This is not the first time he has seen inflows into the federation account and therefore he knows when the situation is right. Except you want me to believe the data from a troll like you is more credible than the CBNs figures.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by gameboy727(m): 9:00am On Dec 11, 2013
The alleged failure of the Nigerian National Corporation to remit $49.8bn (about N8tn) oil proceeds to the Federation Account between January 2012 and July this year is causing a stir in government circles.
An online news medium,SaharaReporters, reported on Monday that the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, had written to President Goodluck Jonathan to complain about the failure of the NNPC to remit the said amount to the Federation Account in contravention of extant laws.
He said the amount represented 76 per cent of the value of crude oil lifting during the period.
The complaints are contained in the letter to the President dated September 25, 2013.
However, the corporation refuted the claims that it diverted the said amount, adding that the allegation by the CBN governor was borne out of misunderstanding of the workings of the oil and gas industry and the modality for remitting crude oil sales revenue into the Federation Account.
Some operators in the sector, who spoke on the issue in an interview with our correspondent on Tuesday, called for an in-depth probe into the scandal, stressing that the CBN had to come up with the ‘facts’ because of the frustrations it was encountering in dealing with the corporation.
Sanusi had said he was constrained to bring the huge anomaly, which he noted had lingered for years, to the notice of the President.
An oil marketer told our correspondent that some of the illegal activities being perpetuated by the NNPC would not have been successful if the corporation was not tactfully being supported by the senior government officials.
The marketer, who pleaded not to be named because of the sensitive nature of the issue, said, “It is sad to see this kind of report in the papers. The truth, however, is that there is no way the NNPC will be able to carry out this kind of fraud without the assistance of the minister of Petroleum Resources.”
However, the NNPC said in a statement on Tuesday evening that the CBN governor misunderstood how remittances on crude oil sales were being undertaken.
The General Manager, Media Relations Department, NNPC, Dr. Omar Ibrahim, said, “For the avoidance of doubt, it needs to be stated that the figure of 594.024 million barrels of crude oil given by the CBN as the total crude oil lifting for the period of January 2012 to July 2013 does not represent the correct picture of crude oil lifting for the period.
“From our records, the correct figure is 618.55 million barrels. This shows that the CBN understated the actual crude lifted by 4.13 per cent.”
He explained that the revenues from crude oil lifting were in various categories, namely equity crude; Petroleum Profit Tax, royalty, third party financing and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company.
Ibrahim said revenues from each of the categories were statutorily being collected by different agencies of the government.
He said the corporation was collecting only one of the aforementioned categories, the equity crude.
“The Petroleum Profit Tax is collected by the Federal Inland Revenue Service; royalty goes to the Department of Petroleum Resources; third party financing goes for the research and development programme and satellite fields development, while the NPDC goes to the NPDC for upstream development,” the statement explained.
Ibrahim said while the NNPC was paying proceeds from equity crude directly to the Federation Account with the CBN, the FIRS and DPR were paying the PPT and royalty respectively into the same account.
The sum total of the proceeds makes up the alleged unremitted revenues, according to him.
He said, “The 24 per cent of total crude oil revenue receipts, which the CBN governor is reported to have acknowledged that NNPC remitted, represents the proceeds from the equity lifting which NNPC is directly responsible for.
“The alleged unremitted 76 per cent was paid to the agencies that are statutorily empowered to receive them for onward remittance into the Federation Account.”
He stressed the need for institutions of the Federal Government and top government functionaries to seek understanding of issues that were not clear to them from relevant agencies rather than go public with misleading information that was capable of creating public disaffection.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by gondie: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2013
balabricks keep looking for a non missing oil money. notify us when you find it, idiot.
better start being useful in your village and stop waiting for government handout from oil money.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
ballabriggs: [s][/s]

Mr Mumu, I do not care about the rubbish you have written there. Fact is about $50 billion which should have been paid into the federation account has not been paid and is consistent with the response of the NNPC communications man who has attempted to shift the blame on some other agencies.

Whether it is cost price, selling price, that is not our business. The question is, where has our money gone. This government is unable to pay the states their statutory dues from oil sales and continues to draw from savings. This government has had to issue massive amounts of domestic and foreign debts to finance its budgets in a period of rising oil prices. This is enough evidence that something is wrong.

Sanusi Lamido did not write about 2010 and 2011, he wrote about from Jan 2012. This is not the first time he has seen inflows into the federation account and therefore he knows when the situation is right. Except you want me to believe the data from a troll like you is more credible than the CBNs figures.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by redcliff: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2013
Nightshift: NNPC is perhaps the most corrupt government owned company in the world.
That company has over the decades, wasted so much money that could have brought happiness to many generations of Nigerians.
With good management, NNPC could have been a global player like Russian's Gazprom; making Nigerians proud and leading African nations in oil exploration technology. What a waste!

[size=14pt]IT couldnt have been said better. NNPC does not have an R&grin department, even if they do, i doubt they work there at all.[/size]
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by bigtt76(f): 9:38am On Dec 11, 2013
....But we all know this na? Abeg secodn bass jaaaare! grin Oyel moni nor go finish. Naa today? We all go get our own share.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by seangy4konji: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2013
A failed country...Those in UAE or ECC countries,i e saudi,qatar,oman and so with the same OIL money living the good life,DO THEY HAVE ANOTHER BRAIN...They would not make their city fine and ok for citizens if they were soso corrupt like this.??A PRESIDENT WHO IS IN FULL SUPPORT OF CORRUPTION...cant even probe a thieving minister,a thieving governor..bunch of bastarrds....
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by obinoral(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2013
And ASUU want their share tooo.
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by extremelygolden: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2013
That is their trademark. Nigerian Politicians and stakeholders are bunch of thieves!

One day, monkey will go to the market, but it won't make it back home!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by sowprice(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2013
only God will judge uz all
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by taharqa: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2013
I just read d NNPC Response to the 'letter' on Punch. NNPC even gave d amount of Oil it 'lifted' as more than 600m barrels (more than what d said 'letter' even said NNPC lifted initiali) and explained meticulously d part of d money they are supposed to remit to d Federation Account and the parts other Agencies are suppossed to remit. The whole tin is making more sense now...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by ManiCypher(m): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
after been from d outside looking in..its good 2 be finally inside d glass house,,and i tell ya it looks pretty cozy..ma 1st post on Nairaland and i pray 2 reach d MOD level in ma Nairaland career......
wink
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by mikeapollo: 9:52am On Dec 11, 2013
This why I like and love Sanusi. A courageous rare breed in govt! He single handedly exposed corruption and fraud in the baning systems, the National Assembly and now the Executives!

I am bold to say that we have NEVER had a bold and courageuos person in govt like Sanusi. Nobody has ever done what this man is doing single-handedly!

I will be willing to believe and listen to what Sanusi says after he leaves govt, becaue I know he spoke the bitter truth and did his best to expose and fught corruption whilst he was in govt.....not like some other CBN governors or FCT Minister for who told us that 'All is well'' when they were in govt., only for them to turn to emergency crusaders/activists after they fell out of favour and left office.

God bless Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

I wonder why the haters of SLS are keeping quiet!
Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by Dee60: 9:55am On Dec 11, 2013
Fact is = we have a FG that is not interested in fighting corruption, for reasons best known to them! I quote Tambuwal.

Fact is = we will hear more stories of monumental corruption as the days go by!

Fact is = NNPC is the main arbiter and promoter of anything wrong in Nigeria! As long as NNPC problem is not solved, we will continue to run in circles.

Fact is = Any serious FG will do one thing. SAVE all money from crude oil for the future and use only for education, health and infrastructure.

Fact is = we are running around in circles!

Fact is = Money cannot just miss! It cannot evaporate. Something is fishy somewhere..

Fact is = Sanusi is CBN Governor. If he says money is 'missing' then he knows what he is saying.

Fact is = The President needs to respond,, otherwise the people will assume that the missing money has been 'pocketed' by some people.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi by ifebosco: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2013
gej need monoy for election,bribe his way out to win the election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Didn't Succeed With 3rd Term, Buhari Will Also Fail - Ozekhome / Daniel Bwala: Atiku Has Inherited Buhari’s 12 Million Northern Votes / Anxiety As Supreme Court Moves To Sack 5 Governors In Landmark Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.