Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3710635 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) ... (3823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2019
KoiceReloaded:
10 BEST VISUALLY STUNNING MOVIES OF THEIR GENERATION

- Avatar: James Cameron has made it virtually his job to elevate the technology of CGI, and with "Avatar" he set a bar that is yet to be surpassed.
- Jurassic Park (1993): This CGI used in this movie was so well ahead of it's time that it can still pass muster even today.
- Lord of The Rings trilogy: The visuals were an incredible elevation of the technology.
- 300: This Zack Snyder-directed movie showed how to bring a new aesthetic to the action genre. Unsurprisingly, it's been imitated countless times.
- Matrix: The visuals were very unique, and have changed how action movies are shot now.
- Avengers: Infinity War: Stunning visuals. A gold standard for superhero movies
- Alita: Battle Angel: Another James Cameron footprint. He may not have directed, but his technology was used.
- Terminator: Judgement Day: James Cameron used this film to change the game on what CGI characters could do in a film.
- Edge of Tomorrow: With a whole lot of destruction-focused CGI, this film was very visually dazzling.
- Minority Report: Spielberg used CGI in this film to present a future involving technology that would likely be in our lives decades later.

Oh! Avatar, after 9 years, no one is yet to reach your prowess.
A great movie in all ramifications.

And to James Cameron. Is there anything in the Movie industry that is too hard for him to do?
At a point His Titanic was number 1 highest grossing movie of all time, before His Avatar came and knocked it down to 2nd place.

Waiting for his next blockbuster. He rarely enters the kitchen to cook, but, when he does, everyone eats, and gets filled.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:48pm On May 17, 2019
troubleseller:
So, he has to act a big film to prove he can act?

YES. Especially after that crap called twilight

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:51pm On May 17, 2019
mekaprime:

Yes, I've seen it. But i think phone booth was far more engaging & thrilling, cause of Collin Farrell & Kiefer. And secondly asides the Blade trilogy, i despise every movie that stars Wesley Snipes(I just can't explain why).

How old are you?

Wesley Snipes was the big action black guy of the 90s.

Even now, he still has expedables 3 under his belt.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:51pm On May 17, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Pls where can I download these movies from? I've been searching for a while now
Have you tried f z movies dot net??
search for 'em on Google in this order. eg
The croods f z movies
Beowulf(2007) f z movies
Chicken run f z movies.....hit the search icon & voilĂ , you should have your direct link to the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 9:57pm On May 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

YES. Especially after that crap called twilight
Just say you haven't watched any other film of his to judge. Shikena. The same thing was said of Heath Ledger, Michael Keaton and most recently Ben Affleck. They all turned out alright.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:06pm On May 17, 2019
troubleseller:
Just say you haven't watched any other film of his to judge. Shikena. The same thing was said of Heath Ledger, Michael Keaton and most recently Ben Affleck. They all turned out alright.

No.

Ledger and Keaton were accomplished actors.

Ledger had "a knights tale" under his belt before the dark knight. Although, his other movies were mostly romance and some of them were big- 10 things I hate about you.

Ben Affleck was a disgrace to Batman and I am happy that I am still one of his haters. A freaking fat batman. He was neither a playboy nor a brooding character.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:13pm On May 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

How old are you?

Wesley Snipes was the big action black guy of the 90s.

Even now, he still has expedables 3 under his belt.
Like I said earlier, i just don't know why i dislike his movies. Sure, the Dude was an amazing actor in the 90s with a good number of flicks in his filmography, yet i can't explain my beef with his movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:30pm On May 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

No.

Ledger had "a knights tale" under his belt before the dark knight. Although, his other movies were mostly romance and some of them were big- 10 things I hate about you.

Ben Affleck was a disgrace to Batman and I am happy that I am still one of his haters. A freaking fat batman. He was neither a playboy nor a brooding character.

Aflecks batman felt more like a batman from an alternate universe. Too much bulk and no agility.
But trust me, Ben is a classic "brooder." From pearl harbor, the town, the accountant. The guy good abeg.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 10:34pm On May 17, 2019
dansolution:
Pls friends do recommend good thriller and action movies to download this weekend.have access to unlimited data to flex. Thanks
Try the 2018 tomb Raider. The movie is lit. Also try 'breaking in' although I personally hated it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 10:39pm On May 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

No.

1. I am not talking about accomplishment.
2. Keaton was known for comedic roles. He had only done one or two non comedic roles before he was cast as Batman.
3. Heath had done one or two excellent movies, including Brokeback before he was cast. Still fans were livid that someone who played a gay character was cast to play a very psychopathic character like the Joker. See how that turned out.
4. There is something called an iteration or take of a character. Ben Affleck was playing an iteration of Batman that was older and war weary. He was not fat. He bulked up. There is a difference.
5. Speaking of actors being accomplished, what do you mean by accomplished? Getting an Oscar nom? Starring in many movies? In fact, neither Keaton nor Heath were as popular as Pattinson is now whem they took their respective roles so I don't know what you mean by accomplished.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2019
Octopusssy:

Are you sure about this? I have checked and... Lucy had rave reviews and it turned out to be accurate. Ghost in the shell didn't do so well with the audience...

yeah Under The Skin had a good rating but i nearly vomit when i watched the movie, You should not be a product of public opinion.
see the movie and make your own opinion about it.

I would not recommend a movie am not sure of.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:47pm On May 17, 2019
troubleseller:

1. I am not talking about accomplishment.
2. Keaton was known for comedic roles. He had only done one or two non comedic roles before he was cast as Batman.
3. Heath had done one or two excellent movies, including Brokeback before he was cast. Still fans were livid that someone who played a gay character was cast to play a very psychopathic character like the Joker. See how that turned out.
4. There is something called an iteration or take of a character. Ben Affleck was playing an iteration of Batman that was older and war weary. He was not fat. He bulked up. There is a difference.
5. Speaking of actors being accomplished, what do you mean by accomplished? Getting an Oscar nom? Starring in many movies? In fact, neither Keaton nor Heath were as popular as Pattinson is now whem they took their respective roles so I don't know what you mean by accomplished.

What I mean by "accomplished" is that they had big movies with great roles under their belts.

Pattinson is only popular for twilight. A movie in which his role was a constipated looking metrosexual bitch vampire. His acting was constipated in every sense of the word.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:48pm On May 17, 2019
krattoss:
DJ Khaled recruiting the A-LIST Artists in the music industry for his father of asahd album..

Hope this pullls album of the year cheesy

non of these guys are lyricist, just famous rappers.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:48pm On May 17, 2019
kushercain:

Aflecks batman felt more like a batman from an alternate universe. Too much bulk and no agility.
But trust me, Ben is a classic "brooder." From pearl harbor, the town, the accountant. The guy good abeg.

Hmmm. I have seen the accountant and the town. Hmmm

I still hate Ben Afflecks batman.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2019
krattoss:
even if he puts these names, y'all will still never be satisfied angry
What does Eminem offer that nas,jayz can't offer undecided

blasphemy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:15pm On May 17, 2019
kushercain:

Try the 2018 tomb Raider. The movie is lit. Also try 'breaking in' although I personally hated it.
Ehmmm..at the two bolded, i must have watched the Aba boys version.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 11:16pm On May 17, 2019
JeromeBlack:

What I mean by "accomplished" is that they had big movies with great roles under their belts.

Pattinson is only popular for twilight. A movie in which his role was a constipated looking metrosexual bitch vampire. His acting was constipated in every sense of the word.

Big movies? So Beetlejuice was a big movie? Or Clean and Sober? Or A Knight's Tale or Brokeback Mountain?

Just try and watch Cosmopolis, The Rover, Good Time and High Life all starring Pattinson. Then we can maybe talk better on the subject of Pattinson's casting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 11:39pm On May 17, 2019
troubleseller:
Big movies? So Beetlejuice was a big movie? Or Clean and Sober? Or A Knight's Tale or Brokeback Mountain?

Just try and watch Cosmopolis, The Rover, Good Time and High Life all starring Pattinson. Then we can maybe talk better on the subject of Pattinson's casting.

People loved beetlejuice, brokeback mountain and a knights tale.

I'm sorry, I'm even afraid to watch those Pattinsons movies you just listed. Funny how no one has mentioned any of those movies since I've been on this thread.....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:43pm On May 17, 2019
Am I the only one not crazy about Avatar? I watched it in 2010, but for the life of me I couldn't see what all the hype was about. Yes, it has superlative visuals, but asides that i wasn't overly thrilled by the storyline or the movie itself.

Speaking of thrilling, The Help is a really great movie. 8/10. I would have scored it higher, except that I couldn't entirely connect on a certain level because I have never experienced racism or even ethnic discrimination.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dansolution: 11:56pm On May 17, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Alita: Battle Angel
- Hard Boiled
- The Raid: Redemption
- The Raid 2
- Night Comes for Us
- IP Man 1, 2 and 3
- IP Man Legacy
- John Wick Chapter 1, 2 and 3
- Jason Bourne franchise
- City of God
- Troy
- The Boondock Saints
- From Dawn Till Dusk
- Feast franchise
- Kickass 1&2
- 16 Blocks
- Dredd
- Non-Stop
- Wanted
- I, Robot
- Lethal Weapon 1&2
- They Live
- Sherlock Holmes 1&2
- Battle Royale
- Broken Arrow
- Con Air
- Kill Bill
- The Man from Nowhere
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Matrix trilogy
thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 12:03am On May 18, 2019
mekaprime:

Ehmmm..at the two bolded, i must have watched the Aba boys version.

Lmao.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:41am On May 18, 2019
Octopusssy:
Am I the only one not crazy about Avatar? I watched it in 2010, but for the life of me I couldn't see what all the hype was about. Yes, it has superlative visuals, but asides that i wasn't overly thrilled by the storyline or the movie itself.

Alexistaiwo, see what watching aba version DVD or video on your laptop causes?

Somebody opens mouth to say that she doesn't see what the hype about avatar is.

Don't get me wrong, she does not have to like it but not to see why other people would like it?

For instance, I hated bird box but I understood why people liked it- it was a suspenseful horror thriller that made you question every move since the monsters could not be seen....or if you see them, you run mad and die.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:26am On May 18, 2019
Maybe she meant Avatar - The last airbender.

You know how old age makes adults mix things up wink
JeromeBlack:

Alexistaiwo, see what watching aba version DVD or video on your laptop causes?

Somebody opens mouth to say that she doesn't see what the hype about avatar is.

Don't get me wrong, she does not have to like it but not to see why other people would like it?

For instance, I hated bird box but I understood why people liked it- it was a suspenseful horror thriller that made you question every move since the monsters could not be seen....or if you see them, you run mad and die.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:33am On May 18, 2019
troubleseller:
Apparently, some clowns have started a petition not to allow Rob play Batman.
Clowns for sure...am not sure they have followed Rob's development after Twilight which he himself personally hates.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:40am On May 18, 2019
JeromeBlack:

No.

At bolded, Ledger's role where all romance themed of which the most memorable was 10 things i hate about you...the rest where B list movies...but the way he switched up things playing joker was just amazing, people had issue with the Casting too but my mans delivered a masterpiece so sad he passed away, that role would have opened more doors.

Lets give Rob Pattison a chance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:44am On May 18, 2019
Social media folks really over estimate their influence lol signing petition for a Multi Billion dollar company to make a change to a decision made in the board room lol, same thing happened when Ben Affleck was cast as Bat man and WB didn't even Bulge.

Some Jokers are even signing petition for GOT S8 to be redone to suit their narrative lool.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 6:59am On May 18, 2019
oyaskii:
Clowns for sure...am not sure they have followed Rob's development after Twilight which he himself personally hates.
Exactly. Most of them have not followed him after Twilight. Dude practically played Bruce Wayne, the billionaire in Cosmopolis.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:05am On May 18, 2019
Octopusssy:
It was because of the 3D at the time and people went back to see it a lot of times it became a part of pop culture. Same thing with Black Panther. Story wise, it was not the greatest movie but visually, it was revolutionary for its time and people had not seen something like it at that time. If it was released now it might not have made as musch momey now as it made then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:13am On May 18, 2019
troubleseller:
It was because of the 3D at the time and people went back to see it a lot of times it became a part of pop culture. Same thing with Black Panther. Story wise, it was not the greatest movie but visually, it was revolutionary for its time and people had not seen something like it at that time. If it was released now it might not have made as musch momey now as it made then.

Even till today, there are not many films that have the 3d quality that Avatar has.

if Avatar was released today it would still be a blockbuster. It might not earn as much but it could still be a billion doarcearning film.

As for black panther, it was a solid film. A simple story that had strong impact on western culture. Black panther cannot be overrated. Its cultural significance will always exist even in ten years time.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 7:22am On May 18, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Even till today, there are not many films that have the 3d quality that Avatar has.

if Avatar was released today it would still be a blockbuster. It might not earn as much but it could still be a billion doarcearning film.

As for black panther, it was a solid film. A simple story that had strong impact on western culture. Black panther cannot be overrated. Its cultural significance will always exist even in ten years time.

You just repeated what I wrote. Avatar grossed so much because of the effects. It will not make as much of it was released today. Black Panther has become a pop culture phenomenon. Not because of its story but because of its place in time. For someone looking for movies with a good enough story, none of these movies cut it. For someone looking for stunning visuals, Avatar was the best thing to have graced a screen at that time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:59am On May 18, 2019
BetWinners:
Sorry for the late response.You can try watching the action film 'Reign of fire' 2002 with matthew mccaughney and Christian bale.The film no too dey popular but e good

Chai. I don watch film sha. This one is about dragons or something like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) ... (3823) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.