Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3719834 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) ... (3826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 5:07am On May 28, 2019
nani667:
Going on a Batman animation Marathon after I'm done with the TDK trilogy
you should add under the red hood to ur list. u won't regret it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 6:57am On May 28, 2019
oyetpel:

Bad times at El Royale?

auto correct. Didnt even notice.

Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:07am On May 28, 2019
oyetpel:

Cool
Seems you have turned to a silent reader on this thread

Lol....yeah....aside the fact that I'm busy as hell, I just read reviews and opinions......grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 8:37am On May 28, 2019
MJBOLT:
black lightning is DC

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CapedBaldy: 9:15am On May 28, 2019
the Incredibles 2 was pretty good. I'll rate it 8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2019
Shazam charging people's phone as if he has been to Nigeria before.
DC should start making power banks.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:33am On May 28, 2019
Galapagous:
you should add under the red hood to ur list. u won't regret it.

Seen that already ✔️
And it was great
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:35am On May 28, 2019
Seems clear versions for Captain Marvel are finally available.... Will be seeing this next before I continue TDK parrols

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 11:37am On May 28, 2019
they will still fail if they try it

oyetpel:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 11:51am On May 28, 2019
Johnny English strikes again 7.5/10
Hilarious as usual, am I the only one who feels the villain was a Zuckerberg shade?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 11:53am On May 28, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Godzilla: king of monsters is this weekend guys.

A must watch movie at the cinema
I must to watch

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gigaspeed: 11:58am On May 28, 2019
armadeo:

Bullshit series.

Avoid

NOTED....Guess you're right
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 12:09pm On May 28, 2019
ibkayee:

I must to watch

Me too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2019
oyetpel:

..Average flick

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 2:45pm On May 28, 2019
CapedBaldy:
the Incredibles 2 was pretty good. I'll rate it 8/10

Jam Jam want a cookie?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2019
If you have the Time and Data to spare, here are some top tier movies ever (personal favs tho) over the years...

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2019
The Croods.... 9/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:23pm On May 28, 2019
US....5.9/10
Genre:Horror, Thriller

Haba! Na wetin?.. The plot holes were just too much jare, in fact, the flick takes Unrealism to the next level. Americans that don't joke with guns, all of a sudden, no one, absolutely no one, owns/thinks of or suggests getting a gun to protect themselves, hmmm! & secondly, there are millions and millions of dopplegangers living in tunnels. Are they for real??.
Nevertheless, the central idea & cinematography were quite promising, the execution & the script was really messed up & nothing to write home about. I totally loved that We are Americans phrase, it was a kinda subtle messages used to represent a lot of different groups/people that the American society has condemned over the centuries, victims of the slave trade, mass incarceration, or a predatory economic system that leaves the poor to be impoverished as the lucky few become more privileged.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2019
Picture Perfect

Genre: Nollywood grin Comedy

An entertaining flick with good acting better than what is generally obtainable in the Nigerian movie industry. It was worth the while

7/10 is my rating
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abdurrazaq(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2019
Mad buddies
Genre: Comedy

I am not a fan of this genre but, this got me laughing out loud all by myself. Crazy flick grin

A solid 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 7:31pm On May 28, 2019
Batman Begins

Wtf!! shocked shocked shocked I just saw King Jeofrey of Game Of Thrones

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:56pm On May 28, 2019
Cold Pursuit...7/10
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

This flick had a good mix of comedy and action, it was an unconventional revenge story. It was quite suspenseful, quick paced,humorous, sarcastic & totally entertaining.
In Liam Neeson Iconic voice :Here, i was neither, a Jedi master, Gotham’s underground villain, an assassin, a bad ass spy (retired/in service) or an air Marshall. Here, i was just an ordinary grieving snowplow driver seeking out revenge against those who killed my son, hence, its definitely not your typical Liam Neeson flick. So, if you're looking to see something in the likes of Taken & Run all night flick etc, then i suggest you look elsewhere.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xxix: 8:28pm On May 28, 2019
mekaprime:

Well of recent, Nollywood movies are really improving at least when compared to where they were few years back. Though, it's gonna take a lot of time to get to the Bollywood standard, talk more of the Hollywood standard, but I believe we'll get there eventually. You know, piracy is a big cog in its wheel of progress & that's what scares Producers and investors away. I've seen quite a number of 'em & i must confess, they weren't so great & were cliché, but I was quite impressed at the level of creativity & work put into them. Flicks like:
Half of the yellow sun(Don't really know if its Hollywood or Nollywood)
Lion heart
Wedding party 1
Royal hibiscus hotel
Isoken
10 days in sun city
House husband
Diary of a pregnant woman
Ego....
Though most of these flicks, I saw 'em either by chance or mistake but am glad I did. The only Nollywood flick i download with my mb are its comedies, they rarely make it to the cinemas though, but IMO, they are the best genre in the entire industry.

Saw the two bolded, was really impressed by the effort. But sometimes the jokes seemed forced and the movies lacked a solid story.

I read that half of a yellow sun wasn't good, too bad for chimamanda's novel...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
abdurrazaq:
Mad buddies
Genre: Comedy

I am not a fan of this genre but, this got me laughing out loud all by myself. Crazy flick grin
A solid 7.5/10
those two were so hilarious. it's like another version of Mr bones
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 9:24pm On May 28, 2019
Captain Marvel:- 5/10

I have seen all Marvel movies from phase 1 to phase 3 but this is by far the most underwhelming after black panther.
I expected more, I was expecting to be thrilled just like other Marvel hero stand alone movies like Iron man, Captain America. But this is just disappointing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2019
Nova15:

I have seen all Marvel movies from phase 1 to phase 3 but this is by far the most underwhelming after black panther.
I expected more, I was expecting to be thrilled just like other Marvel hero stand alone movies like Iron man, Captain America. But this is just disappointing.

You nailed it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 28, 2019
Nova15:

undecided undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 10:31pm On May 28, 2019
hulk616:
undecided undecided

See I love MCU movies, I'm a big fan. I've seen all there is but Captain Marvel didn't cut it at all.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:46pm On May 28, 2019
xxix:

Saw the two bolded, was really impressed by the effort. But sometimes the jokes seemed forced and the movies lacked a solid story.

I read that half of a yellow sun wasn't good, too bad for chimamanda's novel...
Everything by Ayo Makun aka AY, always seems forced, that's why I omitted 30 days in Atlanta & wedding party 2.
Half of a yellow sun wasn't good... really?? that flick was actually one of my top Nollywood flicks. It stared some of the good acts in Hollywood & Nollywood. Actors & Actress like:
Thandie Newton of 2012
Chiwetel Ejiofor of The boy who harnessed the wind, 2012 etc
John Boyega of Pacific Rim 2
Onyeka Onwenu
Genevieve Nnaji
Wale Ojo
O.C. Ukeje etc.
Maybe those saying it wasn't good were those who read the novel. Trust me, if you haven't read the novel, you'd sure enjoy the flick.
As for Lionheart, if you ain't Igbo, just steer clear of it, even the subtitle wouldn't make you enjoy it. You might understand it, but you wouldn't enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 1:04am On May 29, 2019
Hmmm...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xxix: 1:40am On May 29, 2019
mekaprime:

Everything by Ayo Makun aka AY, always seems forced, that's why I omitted 30 days in Atlanta & wedding party 2.
Half of a yellow sun wasn't good... really?? that flick was actually one of my top Nollywood flicks. It stared some of the good acts in Hollywood & Nollywood. Actors & Actress like:
Thandie Newton of 2012
Chiwetel Ejiofor of The boy who harnessed the wind, 2012 etc
John Boyega of Pacific Rim 2
Onyeka Onwenu
Genevieve Nnaji
Wale Ojo
O.C. Ukeje etc.
Maybe those saying it wasn't good were those who read the novel. Trust me, if you haven't read the novel, you'd sure enjoy the flick.
As for Lionheart, if you ain't Igbo, just steer clear of it, even the subtitle wouldn't make you enjoy it. You might understand it, but you wouldn't enjoy it.

Well half of a yellow sun didn't do very well both with the critics and at the box office... The movie just packed stars and failed to deliver apparently, maybe it has to do with poor marketing but a movie of that Calibre was expected to shake grounds and it didn't.

As for lion heart I'm going to try it. Nigerian producers need to up their game if they expect Nigerians to develop a positive cinema attitude towards their films. I would really like our industry to get better and thrive, my whole life might as well depend on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) ... (3826) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.