Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3724205 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
No country for old men 8/10

The narration at the opening is enough to get you really interested and I found myself replaying that scene numerous times. With minimal dialogue and an almost non-existent music, this movie still manages to carry it's self; taking the viewer on a promising journey only to subvert their expectations with it's gut punching ending.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/shaft-trailer-samuel-l-jackson-reboot-1201956144/

Ogbeni,

Reboot in this sense means they are keeping alive the SHAFT franchise.

Have you seen the 2019 story before? When was it made?

Give me a link to download.

We like argument sha!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
Revenger.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
nani667:
I guess that'll mean they'll have to remake Mary J into Bobrisky
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kulex2k1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2019
Dowloaded the whole MCU from first avenger to endgame, watching all over again..

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
I'll finally get to watch King of Boys thanks to iamoyindamola lool kiss

Downloaded

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2019
Funny thing is that I just deleted the whole franchise last week.

What is your favorite movie in it?

Civil War is Bae.
That airport scene is my best till date.

kulex2k1:
Dowloaded the whole MCU from first avenger to endgame, watching all over again..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BetWinners(m): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
The Vanishing___1988

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
Unionised:

Ogbeni,

Reboot in this sense means they are keeping alive the SHAFT franchise.

Have you seen the 2019 story before? When was it made?

Give me a link to download.

We like argument sha!!!

Reboot na reboot.

Copy and paste

"index of shaft 2019 mkv" without the quotation marks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Unionised(m): 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

Reboot na reboot.

Copy and paste

"index of shaft 2019 mkv" without the quotation marks.

To each his own....

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FloraEC(f): 12:03am On Jul 07, 2019
The boy who harnessed the wind.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 07, 2019
ibkayee:
I'll finally get to watch King of Boys thanks to iamoyindamola lool kiss

Downloaded
link please
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:20am On Jul 07, 2019
DannyKoice:

I'm not a big fan of Stranger Things, tbh. There is something about those kids I find obnoxious.

Of course, there is no way kids of their ages would understand certain concepts they themselves discussed in the series.

There are some things you'd naturally have to accept for the plot to move on.

However, the series is great. That 80s nostalgia mennn. The music and the innocent romance. All these happening in the midst of the sci fi plot.....

Do you also find Peter parker in the new spiderman movies obnoxious as well because it is the exact same thing.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Of course, there is no way kids of their ages would understand certain concepts they themselves discussed in the series.

There are some things you'd naturally have to accept for the plot to move on.

However, the series is great. That 80s nostalgia mennn. The music and the innocent romance. All these happening in the midst of the sci fi plot.....

Do you also find Peter parker in the new spiderman movies obnoxious as well because it is the exact same thing.

C'mon, it's not the same thing, you know this. Peter Park is very enthusiastic, like I would expect of any teen that comes in contact with metahuman abilities (a stuff of fantasies).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2019
Octopusssy:

Au contraire, my good sir, I don't download movies less than 500 b because of their poor picture quality on my my laptop.

I've found it on Yts.lt cheesy

Pako chick done growed up. I have been scheming on a 75 inch since December last year. Want to have mad fun with the fan gaming and watching movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2019
Harmony.8.7/10

One of the best mind romance thrilling psychological movie I have watched.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2019
Training Day... 8.8/10
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

One of the flicks that won Washington the Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role. An edge of the seat flick, with an original content. Perfect & remarkable acting from the Washington & Ethan Hawke, they owned their respective characters a 100%, also, the directing was amazingly done. When we talk of classics, this was a classic cop flick. If you are a fan of Washington movies, am recommending this flick to you.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:18am On Jul 07, 2019
Wolf Warrior 2 (Rewatch)...7.5/10
Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
Language: Chinese/English

Non-stop action from start to finish. The fight scenes, chases, and suspense were well done and the movie never seemed to let go of the action. Yeah it was basically a Chinese propaganda movie, but i was sure ok with it. If you are a fan of Chinese style hardcore action movies, then this movie is definitely for you.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2019
Mr. Canton and Lady Rose...8/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
Language: Chinese

This was one of the few Jackie Chan movies that paid great attention to the development of its plot/story & characters. The humor was perfect, the costumes were lavish, stunt choreography was jaw-dropping, so was the setting, and lastly, the cast delivered their acts to near perfection. In fact, this was the most classy comedy/action flick by Jackie Chan.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ibkayee(f): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2019
ornicus:

Pako chick done growed up. I have been scheming on a 75 inch since December last year. Want to have mad fun with the fan gaming and watching movies
The young shall grow grin

Eku enjoyment, but don't let my babies get too close lest they end up using spectacles like me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 9:31am On Jul 07, 2019
krattoss:
Harmony.8.7/10

One of the best mind romance thrilling psychological movie I have watched.
I just downloaded it yesterday but haven't watched it. This is definitely my next watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2019
DannyKoice:

C'mon, it's not the same thing, you know this. Peter Park is very enthusiastic, like I would expect of any teen that comes in contact with metahuman abilities (a stuff of fantasies).

All I ask is for a fair review.

Peter Parker is no different from the kids in stranger things by any standard. Just try it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Andersonjr(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please can someone recommend me 2019 movies which are good and intriguing of course., cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2019
cao:
Revenger.

whats your take on this movie?

The off screen info I read about the cast crew was interesting, The lead character is well into his 50s but could carry out a very impressive fight scene. He was carry a serious back injury in the first fight scene on the beach, he said kicking was very painful for him, but we never knew.

having his first led roll when he is in his 50s, a late bloomer perhaps.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
mekaprime:
Training Day... 8.8/10
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

One of the flicks that won Washington the Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role. An edge of the seat flick, with an original content. Perfect & remarkable acting from the Washington & Ethan Hawke, they owned their respective characters a 100%, also, the directing was amazingly done. When we talk of classics, this was a classic cop flick. If you are a fan of Washington movies, am recommending this flick to you.

From the list of movies you are posting of late, its like you are really rolling back the years.

I think will go find me some Blues Brothers "can you see the light?"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AntiMCU: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Spiderman far from home 8/10

A very funny movie with nice action. Marvel has done it again.

Very nice. I like how spiderman is shown to be a real teenager

Blackmanta ati Raalsalghul take heart, DC may comeback with the Joker movie..... grin

Of course, you used the exact adjectives used for other MCU films since its inception:"always funny and interesting with nice action scenes.

One would have thought that by now words like "thought provoking, mind bending, stylish, captivating, intriguing, realistic, noir" would have been added to the mix.

But no, Marvel's film always have to be "filled with laughter-inducing-one-liners" with "Nice-CGI-forgettable combat-scenes".

Tell yourself the truth, Jeromeblack.

Two days from now, do you think there's anything about this movie that'll stand out or would probably linger in your memory for let's say a period of 6 months. I guess, most likely not.

In as much as I understand, that there is a place/audience for films like this, you, me and every cinephile out there have to agree that Marvel should start doing better.

Nice and funny doesn't cut it. It could be nice, it could be funny and it could have something else added to the mix.

I repeat it again for Marveltards like Mjbolt, hulk616, Vic2ree, Afobear and Gustav25 to hear.

If Marvel should continue like this, their name will be forgotten like a scarf in a desert storm.

Let he who has an ear, hear.

Back to seeing my "Gone baby gone".

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Clubmaster: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
Wait for it grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
pryme:

whats your take on this movie?

The off screen info I read about the cast crew was interesting, The lead character is well into his 50s but could carry out a very impressive fight scene. He was carry a serious back injury in the first fight scene on the beach, he said kicking was very painful for him, but we never knew.

having his first led roll when he is in his 50s, a late bloomer perhaps.
He's hella fit. Action scenes were great, although I wanted to kill the child, since they were the stereotypical child that does annoying s**t. To be frank, it was a revenge film with decent action choreography & not much else.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

Of course, you used the exact adjectives used for other MCU films since its inception:"always funny and interesting with nice action scenes.

One would have thought that by now words like "thought provoking, mind bending, stylish, captivating, intriguing, realistic, noir" would have been added to the mix.

But no, Marvel's film always have to be "filled with laughter-inducing-one-liners" with "Nice-CGI-forgettable combat-scenes".

Two days from now, do you think there's anything about this movie that'll stand out or would probably linger in your memory for let's say a period of 6 months. I guess, most likely not.

In as much as I understand, that there is a place/audience for films like this, you, me and every cinephile out there have to agree that Marvel should start doing better.

Nice and funny doesn't cut it. It could be nice, it could be funny and it could have something else added to the mix.

I repeat it again for Marveltards like Mjbolt, hulk616, Vic2ree, Afobear and Gustav25 to hear.

If Marvel should continue like this, their name will be forgotten like a scarf in a desert storm.

I am not a marvel fan. However, marvel is doing well with its movies. One cannot watch spiderman far from home and not leave the cinema happy.

All this long story you have written amounts to nothing. Marvel will continue and if DC does not improve in their movies, they will be relics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Afobear: 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2019
AntiMCU:

One second after watching Aquaman, man of steel , wonderwoman with Boares, Aba spare part dealer justice league , bvs , I couldn't recall one singular thing from them all . I watched flopzam and I was wailing for my money ... I would have been better off Buying roasted chicken than wasting money on low costume power rangers . I don't know about you DCshit , but I recall this firmly !!!!

“ You can't live with your failure , and where has that brought you to ? Back to me !!!!” DC retard

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Calibrator and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.