Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,517 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3711409 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (3823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2019
mekaprime:
You deserve one chilled bottle of Alomo bitters for this.
I prefer a chilled glass of Chianti.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2019
hulk616:
yes.

Haba you sef.

Bruce got the Time Stone from the Ancient One,
Steve Rogers nearly got choked unconscious by his other self....

Ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? thats whats lacking in this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2019
realestniggah:
Unpopular opinion

I feel like Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't have a wide dynamic acting range.. I have seen him in various movies, and he always seem to be playing the same characters. The eccentric fellow, that always seem aloof that no one likes. His facial expression are the same, line delivery the same,

The Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock homes is the same in every other movie. The only reason why he seem different in doctor strange is the hair cut and custom.. But mannerisms and facial expressions still the same.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a superb actor.Go and watch the Showtime 5 part mini-series PATRICK MELROSE in which he played the titular character
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2019
realestniggah:
Unpopular opinion

I feel like Benedict Cumberbatch doesn't have a wide dynamic acting range.. I have seen him in various movies, and he always seem to be playing the same characters. The eccentric fellow, that always seem aloof that no one likes. His facial expression are the same, line delivery the same,

The Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock homes is the same in every other movie. The only reason why he seem different in doctor strange is the hair cut and custom.. But mannerisms and facial expressions still the same.

It's not an unpopular opinion.

It's a well known fact that he's stuck in a typecast bubble.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2019
kongolo:
Benedict Cumberbatch is a superb actor.Go and watch the Showtime 5 part mini-series PATRICK MELROSE in which he played the titular character

He played the same person he played in Sherlock; An eccentric, drug-addicted intellectual, with daddy issues.

He's brilliant in such roles.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Don't encourage that old man angry

lolz, una 2 no go kill me for here I swear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2019
Ishilove:

Seriously?? Even when the Nigerian constitution was quoted here in black and white stating the requirements that qualify for citizenship? Are you just trying to argue for argument's sake? undecided
First you were been unnecessarily "salty" for no reason by saying no one should quote you, i for one hate arguments that degenerate to insults Secondly you stated if you were born in Togo by Nigerian parents does that mean you forget your Nigerian ancestry? By this analogy Samuel L Jackson is Gabonese!? Thirdly I don't get into an argument "Stoned" minded, if you present clear facts i will glady accept..but on this matter, i have actually read up on it, No concrete info on Cynthia Erivo parents , even in interviews she doesn't talk about them, so do you know if they were born in Nigeria or are actually Neutralized British citizens ( which refutes that dude bring up the Nigerian constitution on citizitenship) so as far as we know and information available is that she holds a British passport making a Briton of Nigerian descent....hope this clear things up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

She's right, she's a Nigerian. By the virtue of being born to Nigerian parents automatically qualifies her as a Nigerian citizen.
Haven't seen it stated anywhere tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I prefer a chilled glass of Chianti.
My brother if you knew the power of Alomo bitters, you wouldn't be asking for anything else.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2019
Logic007:

Sir, you are missing the point. She is British with Nigerian heritage.

Unless she has confirmed that she holds a Nigerian passport, she is British.

It would be like saying Obama is Kenyan when he does not have a Kenyan passport.

The problem is that her original comment described the actress as "Nigerian" rather than saying that she has Nigerian heritage.

Yeah, some days ago I read that Samuel L. Jackson traced his ancestry to Gabon, where he was given a Gabonese passport.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 11:20am On Aug 14, 2019
oyaskii:
First you were been unnecessarily "salty" for no reason by saying no one should quote you, i for one hate arguments that degenerate to insults Secondly you stated if you were born in Togo by Nigerian parents does that mean you forget your Nigerian ancestry? By this analogy Samuel L Jackson is Gabonese!? Thirdly I don't get into an argument "Stoned" minded, if you present clear facts i will glady accept..but on this matter, i have actually read up on it, No concrete info on Cynthia Erivo parents , even in interviews she doesn't talk about them, so do you know if they were born in Nigeria or are actually Neutralized British citizens ( which refutes that dude bring up the Nigerian constitution on citizitenship) so as far as we know and information available is that she holds a British passport making a Briton of Nigerian descent....hope this clear things up.
Let me chip in something here, are from Nigeria should mean they were born in Nigeria. To answer your other question about Neutralized British citizens, that they are Neutralized British citizens doesn't mean they renounce their Nigerian citizenship, thus, since there is no requirement to surrender ones original nationality upon becoming British, it's safe to infer that if her parents naturalized, then they have dual nationality, British / Nigerian. Consequently, Cynthia Erivo being a Nigerian citizen in relation to the provisions of the constitution on citizitenship stands, IMO.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

He played the same person he played in Sherlock; An eccentric, drug-addicted intellectual, with daddy issues.

He's brilliant in such roles.
In Patrick Melrose,he was a drunk,drug addict,terrible lover,poor father and a man who had been sexually molested by his own father as a boy.His performance was grittier and more nuanced than his Sherlock role
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2019
mekaprime:

Let me chip in something here, are from Nigeria should mean they were born in Nigeria. To answer your other question about Neutralized British citizens, that they are Neutralized British citizens doesn't mean they renounce their Nigerian citizenship, thus, since there is no requirement to surrender ones original nationality upon becoming British, it's safe to infer that if her parents naturalized, then they have dual nationality, British / Nigerian. Consequently, Cynthia Erivo being a Nigerian citizen in relation to the provisions of the constitution on citizitenship stands, IMO.
Still assumptions and not fact bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by naptu2: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2019
This is just to educate some people.

If you want to argue about something, don't just argue based on how you feel, don't argue just because you hate someone, instead do your research and argue with facts. This is something that I learnt 35 years ago.

It's amazing that people are arguing about Cynthia Erivo's nationality, yet none of them have taken the time to find out how she feels about the subject.

This is from her verified Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfAEsKnYi2/?igshid=10ssn63hf5m8k

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2019
kongolo:
In Patrick Melrose,he was a drunk,drug addict,terrible lover,poor father and a man who had been sexually molested by his own father as a boy.His performance was grittier and more nuanced than his Sherlock role

I disagree. His Sherlock is a more layered character. Anyhoo, dumb him down some, remove the sexually abused past and kids, and Melrose is basically Sherlock Holmes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2019
pryme:

Haba you sef.

Bruce got the Time Stone from the Ancient One,
Steve Rogers nearly got choked unconscious by his other self....

Ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? thats whats lacking in this movie.
all these happened in a newly created timeline.
I explained all these in my previous posts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10032023_2019081411_29_49_pngd6e6514a7af8524a78c729b31d1072b5
The Bio still states "UK actress and Singer"...but its all good...we move.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2019
Quod Erat Demonstrandum grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2019
oyaskii:
The Bio still states "UK actress and Singer"...but its all good...we move.
O ma ga fun yin o. You're still looking for loopholes even when the person in question has fully identified as Nigerian and has stated it in her verified social media account?

LMAO cheesy

You're a character cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
naptu2:

If you want to argue about something, don't just argue based on how you feel, don't argue just because you hate someone, instead do your research and argue with facts. This is something that I learnt 35 years ago.

It's amazing that people are arguing about Cynthia Erivo's nationality, yet none of them have taken the time to find out how she feels about the subject.

End of...

I am scratching my head as to why this became a subject of debate.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2019
oyaskii:
First you were been unnecessarily "salty" for no reason by saying no one should quote you, i for one hate arguments that degenerate to insults Secondly you stated if you were born in Togo by Nigerian parents does that mean you forget your Nigerian ancestry[b]? By this analogy Samuel L Jackson is Gabonese!? [/b] Thirdly I don't get into an argument "Stoned" minded, if you present clear facts i will glady accept..but on this matter, i have actually read up on it, No concrete info on Cynthia Erivo parents , even in interviews she doesn't talk about them, so do you know if they were born in Nigeria or are actually Neutralized British citizens ( which refutes that dude bring up the Nigerian constitution on citizitenship) so as far as we know and information available is that she holds a British passport making a Briton of Nigerian descent....hope this clear things up.
How can you possibly compare my analogy which describes direct descension to Samuel Jackson's situation??
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
Ishilove:

O ma ga fun yin o. You're still looking for loopholes even when the person in question has fully identified as Nigerian and has stated it in their verified social media angle?

LMAO cheesy

You're a character cheesy cheesy
A character who likes fact before concluding, facts which you didn't provide...but we move...and pls tone than the "Salty" persona sometimes, not everybody is ready to "fight" with you...some of us are actually here to engage, interact, learn facts, share opinions and move on.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2019
naptu2:

the state of nigerian youth today.

small wonder there are so many comic book movie arguments here. those do not have to adhere to any logic or reality.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
oyaskii:
A character who likes fact before concluding, facts which you didn't provide...but we move...and pls tone than the "Salty" persona sometimes, not everybody is ready to "fight" with you...some of us are actually here to engage, interact, learn facts, share opinions and move on.
Nothing salty about my persona, bubba. I just get irritated by bullshit.

I actually read up on the lady before making that post and I do not like baseless arguments, especially when all the facts are available and publicly accessible.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
hulk616:
all these happened in a newly created timeline.
I explained all these in my previous posts.

There are only past, present and the future.
You change the past, you change the future.
Your theory would have added up if we were talking about an alternate dimension.

But lets leave it here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
Choi!. The things we read here. So someone needs to have a Nigerian passport to be a Nigerian, wow. shocked

So I guess the countless Nigerians who don't have passports but have voters card, and voted in the last election aren't Nigerians? shocked

Chai! Chisos is a Christian!!!!.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2019
Ishilove:

Nothing salty about my persona, bubba. I just get irritated by bullshit.

I actually read up on the lady before making that post and I do not like baseless arguments, especially when all the facts are available and publicly accessible.
Your initial response was pointing to, and it didn't leave room for any sane dialogue... like i said before..is all good and i apologise if you are offended by my labelling.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It's not an unpopular opinion.

It's a well known fact that he's stuck in a typecast bubble.
He played a different range in the imitation game tho.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2019
losprince:

He played a different range in the imitation game tho.

Not really. That mathematician role is no different from his other roles in that he was brilliant, and eccentric.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2019
ornicus:

the state of nigerian youth today.

small wonder there are so many comic book movie arguments here. those do not have to adhere to any logic or reality.

This.

It's perplexing that some folks would probe for plot holes in places where there is none.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (3823) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.