Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3723245 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
Ok. It's fine then. Do you know if Once Upon a time in Hollywood is out for free download?
Till November

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kongolo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
Olodo24:
Ejiofor had the performance but very little hype. Even his BAFTA win couldn't change a thing. Oscar isn't just about the performance...especially in this age. It has a lot to do with narrative, campaign and race too
@Bolded Correct
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
iSufferFools:
em, some peeps would agree eating fried stuff can be harmful to your health.

Some stews don't require frying - Just boil and serve. Papaya stew, for instance.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:08am On Oct 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

We're barely 3 months away from bidding this decade goodbye. This decade has been a fascinating period for filmmakers. Emergent talents caught a break, veteran filmmakers rediscovered their X-factor, while some got chewed up and spat out by the unforgiving movie machine. From the old to the new, who amongst the top filmmakers impressed you the most this decade (2010-2019)? My top 6 are;

- Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, Dunkirk)
- S. Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Brawl In Cell Block 99, Dragged Across Concrete).
- The Russo Brothers (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame).
- David Fincher (The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl).
- Denis Villeneuve (Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049).
- Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ).

1) Christopher Nolan (This man can't do wrong in my eyes, i only had a smirk with Dunkirk but he came through with a stunning cinematography)

2) Quentin Tarantino ( This man is always up to something good, his style and theme are a relish for me)

3) David Fincher ( Gone girl had me shooked!, and what a stunning performance by Rosamund pike..plot, direction and delivery were all on point.

4) Dennis Villeneuve ( Blade runner 2049 was soo dreamy...visuals was stunning and Sicario was dope too (pun intended).

5) The Russo Brothers ( Still of the opinion that Captain America Civil war is one of the best comic superhero movie ever made...my fav movie in the entire MCU).

6) S. Craig Zahler ( simply put i opened brawl in cell block 99 on 25th of December 2017 and i didn't pass the first scene and i haven't gone back to it since... Can't see Vince Vaughn in a different light if he's not doing a comedy flick)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2019
Octopusssy:

I don't know why people keep going on and on about 'emotions'. This movie is supposed to be 'live action' and I have tried to imagine my dog smiling, but can't. The fact is animals have a very limited range of facial expressions and I'm pretty sure that's what the producers were trying to convey. Their emotions can be conveyed through their posture and body movement, nuances in the sounds they make and slight alterations in their facial expressions, so expecting live action animals to look like and behave like their hand drawn cartoon counterparts is very unrealistic.

The movie is a depiction of the intrigues and power struggle in the animal kingdom using puppetry and hyperrealistic CGI and they did a very good job. I watched the movie with a very open mind and was thoroughly entertained.

the number one reason any movie is made is for the profit. the oscar , critical reviews etal are just icing on the cake that may push sales further. unless Disney has a major bomb, there will be more live action remakes

what will be interesting is how they will render the fish in the little mermaid - now that is new territory , especially as the fish have to talk
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 22, 2019
Octopusssy:

Sicario... That movie is so violent and graphic. I couldn't bring myself to finish it because I'm super squeamish. I did like the soundtrack though

you''re once, twice, eight times a pussy tongue
emily blunt was HARDCORE in that movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 1:05am On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

the number one reason any movie is made is for the profit. the oscar , critical reviews etal are just icing on the cake that may push sales further. unless Disney has a major bomb, there will be more live action remakes

what will be interesting is how they will render the fish in the little mermaid - now that is new territory , especially as the fish have to talk

It remains to be seen.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 1:06am On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

you''re once, twice, eight times a pussy tongue
emily blunt was HARDCORE in that movie.
Oniyeye grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:56am On Oct 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Sane minds tend to reason alike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:58am On Oct 22, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 4:49am On Oct 22, 2019
There's this Chinese movie named SHADOW(2018) I'd like to download. Can somekne help me with its download link.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2019
oyaskii:

1) Christopher Nolan (This man can't do wrong in my eyes, i only had a smirk with Dunkirk but he came through with a stunning cinematography)

2) Quentin Tarantino ( This man is always up to something good, his style and theme are a relish for me)

3) David Fincher ( Gone girl had me shooked!, and what a stunning performance by Rosamund pike..plot, direction and delivery were all on point.

4) Dennis Villeneuve ( Blade runner 2049 was soo dreamy...visuals was stunning and Sicario was dope too (pun intended).

5) The Russo Brothers ( Still of the opinion that Captain America Civil war is one of the best comic superhero movie ever made...my fav movie in the entire MCU).

6) S. Craig Zahler ( simply put i opened brawl in cell block 99 on 25th of December 2017 and i didn't pass the first scene and i haven't gone back to it since... Can't see Vince Vaughn in a different light if he's not doing a comedy flick)

You have had Vince Vaughn typecasted mentally, it seems, lolz. You should try and finish the film though, it's worth the task, I promise. The first 20 mins or so was slow because of the characterization, but once that was taken care of, the story kicked it up a notch, and never looked back. It was brutal and unapologetic. Vince gave an impressively nuanced performance. Tbh, I didn't know he had it in him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

Easy peasy. The fish will look like a real fish. The tricky aspect will be rendering a persuasively relevant live-action mermaid, as no one has laid eyes on one in real life.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Easy peasy. The fish will look like a real fish. The tricky aspect will be rendering a persuasively relevant live-action mermaid, as no one has laid eyes on one in real life.

how will that major domo lobster look, given that lobsters are grotesque up front cheesy cheesy
and how will it sing under the sea cheesy cheesy

vs

think of the children cry cry cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2019
thelastorca:

how will that major domo lobster look, given that lobsters are grotesque up front cheesy cheesy
and how will it sing under the sea cheesy cheesy

vs

think of the children cry cry cry

Yummy! Now, I'm hungry. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Hobbs and Shaw: 7/10.

Didn't go in expecting much.

The interplay between Johnson and Statham had me laughing.

The cameos and pop culture references were top notch.

Just hope we're getting a sequel.
DC fans always supporting pathetic movies since 1800

Most people just watched that movie so that they can say that they did

The movie was senseless, was made for the rock alone

Was his movie, it's all about him, his battle, his love Interest, his family reunion and his culture

Tyrese complained about the rock, I didn't understand why but I see it now

To think that it was fast and furious that gave the rock his big Hollywood break

All cast members of the franchise have spoken against the movie, there wouldn't be a sequel

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2019
iamJ:
[s]DC fans always supporting pathetic movies since 1800
[/s]
[s]Most people just watched that movie so that they can say that they did

Was his movie, it's all about him, his battle, his love Interest, his family reunion and his culture

To think that it was fast and furious that gave the rock his big Hollywood break

All cast members of the franchise have spoken against the movie, there wouldn't be a sequel [/s]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

We're barely 3 months away from bidding this decade goodbye. This decade has been a fascinating period for filmmakers. Emergent talents caught a break, veteran filmmakers rediscovered their X-factor, while some got chewed up and spat out by the unforgiving movie machine. From the old to the new, who amongst the top filmmakers impressed you the most this decade (2010-2019)? My top 6 are;

- S. Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Brawl In Cell Block 99, Dragged Across Concrete).
- The Russo Brothers (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame).
- David Fincher (The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Gone Girl).
- Denis Villeneuve (Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049).
- Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ).

Mine in no particular order.

Rian Johnson(Looper)
Alfonso Cuarón(Gravity)
Christopher Nolan( Interstellar,The Dark Knight Rises,Inception)
David Fincher(Gone Girl, The Social Network)
The Russo Brothers(Captain America: The Winter Soldier,Captain America: Civil War)
Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained, The Hateful Eight)
Phil Lord And Christopher Miller(21 Jump Street, The LEGO Movie, 22 Jump Street)
Martin Scorsese(Shutter Island, Hugo, The Wolf Of Wall Street)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Olodo24: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2019
kongolo:
Till November
Ok.. Make I dey wait. November don even reach finish
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I mirror the bolded choices with the addition of:

- Tom Hopper (Les Miserables)

- Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2019
Fast & Furious presents: Hobbs & Shaw

7 / 10

Loads of Hate and discouraging reviews about the movie on this thread, but I decided to see it... Wasn't really bad, action / CGI was top notch, comedy was good, especially the banter between the Hobbs and Shaw... Story was good... Only issue I would say was how they defeated the bad guy at the end, some serious plot armor

Overall Not too bad ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Progenix: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2019
iamJ:
DC fans always supporting pathetic movies since 1800

All cast members of the franchise have spoken against the movie, there wouldn't be a sequel

Okay.

A sequel is definitely coming not after its had that boffo box office grab with $760mn
Besides Universal needs to expand it's Fast and Furious franchise with this spin off. Cos Fast franchise is ending at #10

It's one of the few guaranteed money-bringing blockbuster franchise Universal has asides Jurassic World and it's Illumination pictures/DreamWorks franchise.

They don't have much box office skewing IP unlike Disney and WB. Remember they got no Superheroes to save them when things go wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2019
Progenix:

Okay.

A sequel is definitely coming not after its had that boffo box office grab with $760mn
Besides Universal needs to expand it's Fast and Furious franchise with this spin off. Cos Fast franchise is ending at #10

It's one of the few guaranteed money-bringing blockbuster franchise Universal has asides Jurassic World and it's Illumination pictures/DreamWorks franchise.

They don't have much box office skewing IP unlike Disney and WB. Remember they got no Superheroes to save them when things go wrong.
They have their dark creatures to save them when all is lost, although it's been a sinkshack from the onset
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Logic007: 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
The joker is on 737 million dollars at the box office.

Damn. I'm so happy. I remember telling someone haters here that it would make 1 billion. While it night not make a billion, the projection is 900 million.

The disbelievers know themselves.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=Raalsalghul post=83354647][/quote]DC fans always supporting pathetic movies since 1800

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
Progenix:

Okay, no vex. I thought u were referring to the character.

Lol. Hmm na so u take they obsessed with her body

I wasn't mad bro..
You like the show?
It's one of the best DC Non-superhero series ever..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Men In Black International - 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2019
Weekly dose of Endgame smiley

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Thegamingorca(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
nani667:
Fast & Furious presents: Hobbs & Shaw

7 / 10

Loads of Hate and discouraging reviews about the movie on this thread, but I decided to see it... Wasn't really bad, action / CGI was top notch, comedy was good, especially the banter between the Hobbs and Shaw... Story was good... Only issue I would say was how they defeated the bad guy at the end, some serious plot armor

Overall Not too bad ✔️

Was really hoping dwayne got to hammer her waist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Was really hoping dwayne got to hammer her waist

The waist will break undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.