Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3660249 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) ... (3812) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SalomonKane: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
DandeNumeruno:

really bleeped up.

imagine living a life that is not your own...

having a memory that is not yours....

living in a perpetual night and not even noticing....

having aliens play god with your lives as they sought to understand what makes you human.

it was an entertaining watch.
you can say that again.

Was really disappointed because they didn't answer some questions. Like where they brought the humans from etc.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
oyaskii:
This slipped under the radar and still managed to gross 1.4 billion dolls...DC might make better animations but forget Disney have a firm grip on Box office success magic...these lot can market an average flick into a money spinning ball.

Frozen 2 was always meant to gross over a billion. And it had intense marketing and nice release date.

DC don't make animations for theatres. They are solely meant for direct-to-DVD or streaming platforms or Digital. And their production budget are far lesser than Disney's.

Besides DC animations are Adult Oriented. Also different Genre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

DC don't make animations for theatres. They are solely meant for direct-to-DVD or streaming platforms or Digital. And their production budget are far lesser than Disney's.

Besides DC animations are Adult Oriented. Also different Genre.
You are telling me what i already know about DC and animation bro..they should copy Disney and prosper...WB is a big company...they can actually push thier animations with better budget, cinema runs and better marketing, some DC animations will just drop without prior notice and it will most likely slip under the radar...i for one would have actually paid my last kobo to see Batman:Under the rood in theatres...do DC even have theme parks for thier comic heroes? Abi to make money dey tire dem?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
oyaskii:
You are telling me what i already know about DC and animation bro..they should copy Disney and prosper...WB is a big company...they can actually push thier animations with better budget, cinema runs and better marketing, some DC animations will just drop without prior notice and it will most likely slip under the radar...i for one would have actually paid my last kobo to see Batman:Under the rood in theatres...do DC even have theme parks for thier comic heroes? Abi to make money dey tire dem?
They don’t drop without notice, maybe because they are always direct to dvd that is why you don’t hear about them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OgaBuhari: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
Apocalypto:

Deep and Natural.

9/10

God bless whoever brot this movie to my attention. Can't imagine it's a 2006 movie and I haven't seen it prior to now
Mekaprime God bless you.
apocalypto is dope cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
I can’t believe some people have not seen apocalypto

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Opemopem15: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Your disbelief is disbelieved by my own personal disbelief.

Nickshrapnel:
I can’t believe some people have not seen apocalypto
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mark9854(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID 2019.
there couldn't be a better movie for Me to celebrate the Valentine's Day with.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Darksider131: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
One person i like in this new Charlie's angels is the tall black girl

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Mark9854:
ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID 2019.
there couldn't be a better movie for Me to celebrate the Valentine's Day with.

Inyama.

I hate chick flicks.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Darksider131:
One person i like in this new Charlie's angels is the tall black girl
Ella Balinska, you get better eye
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Darksider131: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Ella Balinska, you get better eye
cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
oyaskii:
This slipped under the radar and still managed to gross 1.4 billion dolls...DC might make better animations but forget Disney have a firm grip on Box office success magic...these lot can market an average flick into a money spinning ball.

Frozen 2 was a big letdown to me. Total waste of time and an uninspiring storyline. The songs which took majority of the movie was bleh. How it manage to make 1.4 billion remains one of the mysteries of the world. Disney sold that movie through voodoo coz I don't know what would make someone go watch that average movie at the cinema.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by richesbhc(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
IP Man 4 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Your disbelief is disbelieved by my own personal disbelief.

Your own disbelieving disbelief, is unbelieved by my unbelievable unbelief. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
They don’t drop without notice, maybe because they are always direct to dvd that is why you don hear about them

Thank you. I know about most of them when they release.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
oyaskii:

Lol, well WB tried to copy Disney decades ago after the success of The Lion King, but they failed woefully. That's why you see them mostly focused on direct-to-video released films.

The recently created Warner Animation Group— WAG(2013) has just 2 hits(LEGO MOVIE and LEGO Batman movie) in about six movies(theater release) and the latest was an epic disappointment— LEGO MOVIE 2.

I think WB is just sticking to what they know they do Best. The last DC animation theater release was a flop— Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Since then they've stuck to DVD/streaming.

How many studios you've seen tried Superhero Animation in Theaters? The one I can remember recently is Sony's Into The Spiderverse with such huge budget($90mn) and modest box office success. It's high risk genre or business if you ain't Disney or Universal, that's why you don't see other Studios put up much challenge to these TWO.

Although WAG is becoming more ambitious with it's future projects— Space Jam 2, Scoob! Tom and Jerry and Dr Seuss's properties.

And yes, WB do have DC themed THEME PARKS.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 16, 2020
IP MAN 4

Even without the extraordinary fight scenes, the underlying socio cultural political theme is a banger.

Parenting is not a walk in the park.

9.8/10.

.2 deducted because I didn't see enough of the Bruce Lee character

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 16, 2020
Widows

Liam Neeson is such an unrated actor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 2:00am On Feb 16, 2020
Next on the Watchlist ✔️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:07am On Feb 16, 2020
oyaskii:
Technically, DC competes with Marvel not Disney. And even WB (the studio that produces DC movies) can't touch Disney when it comes to animations. Disney literally built the empire they control today from animations, so go figure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Beorn:

Frozen 2 was a big letdown to me. Total waste of time and an uninspiring storyline. The songs which took majority of the movie was bleh. How it manage to make 1.4 billion remains one of the mysteries of the world. Disney sold that movie through voodoo coz I don't know what would make someone go watch that average movie at the cinema.
First off, how would you know it was an average movie before going to the cinema?

Now to answer your question, it obviously coasted on the success of the first movie. People have been begging for a sequel for 5 years now so the hype was through the roof when Frozen 2 was finally greenlighted. Add that to putting more focus on Elsa (a potential LGBT icon) in the trailers and I'm not surprised it turned over a pretty penny.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:31am On Feb 16, 2020
Beorn:

LMAO
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2020
Kaycee7:
Technically, DC competes with Marvel not Disney. And even WB (the studio that produces DC movies) can't touch Disney when it comes to animations. Disney literally built the empire they control today from animations, so go figure.
True that, Disney has been holding it down in animations for years now, i am just surprised how an average animation like Frozen 2 grossed 1.4b.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Widows

Liam Neeson is such an unrated actor.
he was slowly edging towards been typecast that's way folks unlook his movies..decent actor tbh.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Lol, well WB tried to copy Disney decades ago after the success of The Lion King, but they failed woefully. That's why you see them mostly focused on direct-to-video released films.

The recently created Warner Animation Group— WAG(2013) has just 2 hits(LEGO MOVIE and LEGO Batman movie) in about six movies(theater release) and the latest was an epic disappointment— LEGO MOVIE 2.

I think WB is just sticking to what they know they do Best. The last DC animation theater release was a flop— Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Since then they've stuck to DVD/streaming.

How many studios you've seen tried Superhero Animation in Theaters? The one I can remember recently is Sony's Into The Spiderverse with such huge budget($90mn) and modest box office success. It's high risk genre or business if you ain't Disney or Universal, that's why you don't see other Studios put up much challenge to these TWO.

Although WAG is becoming more ambitious with it's future projects— Space Jam 2, Scoob! Tom and Jerry and Dr Seuss's properties.

And yes, WB do have DC themed THEME PARKS.
Summary of the story...each man to his kettle...each studio sticking to what they know best...Disney will keep reeling in billions even if they bring out an average animation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2020
Hmm...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Treyknowles(m): 11:05am On Feb 16, 2020
nani667:
Hmm...
Dude, I can't count the number of times they've told you "wegotthiscovered" is not a reliable source.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2020
Kaycee7:
First off, how would you know it was an average movie before going to the cinema?

Now to answer your question, it obviously coasted on the success of the first movie. People have been begging for a sequel for 5 years now so the hype was through the roof when Frozen 2 was finally greenlighted. Add that to putting more focus on Elsa (a potential LGBT icon) in the trailers and I'm not surprised it turned over a pretty penny.

True that. I didn't view if from that perspective coz I was still seething with rage with the below par storyline of the movie.

I think it's major success was coz of the prequel. The prequel was a massive hit and movie lovers thought it'd be just as good as its predecessor. Also, Disney has huge fanbase, loyal ones for that matter. Almost every movie they have produced are hits.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
Treyknowles:
Dude, I can't count the number of times they've told you "wegotthiscovered" is not a reliable source.

He probably doesn't know about that BS website. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
nani667:
Hmm...

That's an annoying clickbait website. I can't count how many times I've blocked it's articles from my news feed.

Besides there is an ongoing Harry Potter franchise— Fantastic Beasts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1890) (1891) (1892) (1893) (1894) (1895) (1896) ... (3812) (Reply)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: WHITELIGHTER, Jack273 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.