Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3725527 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
Clean that cerelac all over your mouth.

End of the world Kaycee7 gives no bleeps

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
I know you are not making it up.All i am saying is some of the countries in Europe possess the medical capabilities to handle pregnancies of women in their 30s.That is why they are quite common over there but it is still a difficult process despite their medical and technological advancements.Pregnancies by older women are generally more difficult to achieve,maintain and deliver on.That is just the way it is

I've been reading up on this topic, and these are the summaries;

i) The average woman’s reproductive years are between ages 12 and 51.

ii) Experts say the best time to get pregnant is between your late 20s and early 30s. One pinpointed the ideal age to give birth to a first child as 30.5.

iii) Your chance of getting pregnant decreases as you get older. 18 percent at age 25; 16 percent at age 30, 12 percent at age 35, 7 percent at age 40.

iv) Your odds of conceiving are increased in your late 20s or early 30s. Your odds of conceiving are decreased in your late 30s to early 50s.

v) Holding off on pregnancy might have advantages for you. A 2012 study suggested that women who gave birth to their last or only child at age 40 or older had a lower risk for uterine cancer.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
abduleez1:
And for peeps giving Onward a Coronavirus outbreak excuse, maybe this will Elucidate more on the topic. grin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/03/09/onward-box-office-coronavirus-not-to-blame-for-poor-pixar-debut/#71968cc927a2
Bro only 2% of this article made sense, 98% was hogwash... Trillion dollar economies are going into recession ..This pandemic is killing any thing in it's part...i dare WB to release #WW84 now, it will flop into oblivion..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
What is there to correct when one's views are right?Which do you prefare,a 24 year old C.Ronaldo or his 33 year old version?You see nature cannot be cheated

It can also be argued that goal keepers get better with age. Late 30s Buffon was better than 20s Buffon.

Van Der Saar was mediocre in his 20s but became world class in his late 30s. Etc

This trend is not peculiar to Football goalies...

MMA fighters get better as they age and gain more experience. Same with boxers.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:

I've been reading up on this topic, and these are the summaries;

i) The average woman’s reproductive years are between ages 12 and 51.

ii) Experts say the best time to get pregnant is between your late 20s and early 30s. One pinpointed the ideal age to give birth to a first child as 30.5.

iii) Your chance of getting pregnant decreases as you get older. 18 percent at age 25; 16 percent at age 30, 12 percent at age 35, 7 percent at age 40.

iv) Your odds of conceiving are increased in your late 20s or early 30s. Your odds of conceiving are decreased in your late 30s to early 50s.

v) Holding off on pregnancy might have advantages for you. A 2012 study suggested that women who gave birth to their last or only child at age 40 or older had a lower risk for uterine cancer.

Many of these studies are paid for by groups with their own agenda.How the hell can a woman be at her most fertile at the age of 45?How can women be encouraged to delay childbirth till their early 40s?Does that make any sense to you?Check am na

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:

It can also be argued that goal keepers get better with age. Late 30s Buffon was better than 20s Buffon.

Van Der Saar was mediocre in his 20s but became world class in his late 30s. Etc

MMA fighters get stronger as they age and gain more experience. Same with boxers.
In the past 2 years buffon has been poo and Van der Sar had great central defenders in vidic and ferdinand protecting him

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Many of these studies are paid for by groups with their own agenda.How the hell can a woman be at her most fertile at the age of 45?How can women be encouraged to delay childbirth till their early 40s?Does that make any sense to you?Check am na

Bro let's agree to disagree. Cheers.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Come and lick it off for me cool
When I am not your mummy? Please, I'm social distancing

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Baba, the original argument is that Robbie is too old to play HQ not Robbie is too old to bear a child

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:

Bro let's agree to disagree. Cheers.
Demi Moore in her 20s and demi in her 50s

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Baba, the original argument is that Robbie is too old to play HQ not Robbie is too old to bear a child
Semantics my boy.My correspondence with Bratking evolved to other areas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Kaycee7:
When I am not your mummy? Please, I'm social distancing
You brought up cerelac.I didn't.So do the needful cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Demi Moore in her 20s and demi in her 50s

I don't know what you aim to achieve with this post, but I never recall saying 50 isn't old.

I specifically argued that people in their 30s are not old women.

Margot Robbie is not old, she's in the prime of her life.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
Did you write this while your head was upside down?

Buffon been shiit since 2009, lots of errors and lapses in concentration.

Van der Saar was previously keeping goal for Fulham in his younger years, can you compare Fulham defence to what is obtainable at Manchester United.

Manuel Neuer been in decline for the last two years after clocking 30.

De Gea been making uncharacteristic errors as he got older.

Cech was never the dependable goalie he was at Chelsea when he transferred to Arsenal.

Should I tell you what happened to Casillas as he got older at Madrid and the subsequent disgrace he faced at Porto in his later years.

Kindly stick to movies you know about and don't try to pull facts out of your ass about football
Bratking:

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:

I don't know what you aim to achieve with this post, but I never recall saying 50 isn't old.

I specifically argued that people in their 30s are not old women.

Margot Robbie is not old, she's in the prime of her life.
Demi in her 20s is more attractive,healthier and fertile than her 50 year old version.The stuff you posted said a women is fertile from 12 to 51.I say NO.
As a woman and an actress Margot Robbie is old.Past her prime even.Her stock is falling.She would be at her prime if she were a male athlete and would have to wait 6 more years to reach there as a man

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Van der Saar was previously keeping goal for Fulham in his younger years, can you compare Fulham defence to what is obtainable at Manchester United.

Cech was never the dependable goalie he was at Chelsea when he transferred to Arsenal.

Should I tell you what happened to Casillas as he got older at Madrid and the subsequent disgrace he faced at Porto in his later years.

Kindly stick to movies you know about and don't try to pull facts out of your ass about football
LOL!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:

Experience, years of training and strenght?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
What is there to correct when one's views are right?Which do you prefare,a 24 year old C.Ronaldo or his 33 year old version?You see nature cannot be cheated

According to your opinion in this post, C.Ronaldo is no longer in his prime at 33...

Then here, you inadvertently contradicted yourself:
IHate9jerianss:
As a woman and an actress Margot Robbie is old.Past her prime even.Her stock is falling.She would be at her prime if she were a male athlete and would have to wait 8 more years to reach there as a man

Lol You ended up contracting your earlier post, while buttressing mine.

IHate9jerianss:

As a woman and an actress Margot Robbie is old.Past her prime even.Her stock is falling.
Bro let's just agree to disagree.

It's clear that you're speaking from a place of bias. This is the second time in two days I've seen someone call a 29 year old young woman, old. It's a ridiculous notion.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
NLReposter:
Experience, years of training and strenght?

Yeah.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IHate9jerianss(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bratking:
[b][/b]

According to your opinion in this post, C.Ronaldo is no longer in his prime at 33...

Then here, you inadvertently contradicted yourself:

Lol You ended up contracting your earlier post, while buttressing mine.

Bro let's just agree to disagree.

It's clear that you're speaking from a place of bias. This is the second time in two days I've seen someone call a 29 year old young woman, old. It's a ridiculous notion.
Bratking.Na wa for you.C.Ronaldo as an athlete technically reached his prime at the age of 28 but I personally enjoyed watching him as a 24 year old than as a 33 year old.As a man,like many other men,C.Ronaldo will reach his physical/sexual/reproductive prime at 35.
Margot like many other women peaked at 25.Even as an actress,she is way past her prime.Nature always wins.
I hold no grudges against Margot as an actress or person but it is what it is
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DiggITnetwork: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2020
Press Play

Retro Trailer: Was this Film shit when it came out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_wSgP7c3A
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
Semantics my boy.My correspondence with Bratking evolved to other areas
And I disagree with you on saying Robbie is old at 29
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
alexistaiwo:

The best keepers prime in their 30s.

Dida won world cup at 29. Started amassing other awards from the age of 30. Won best goalkeeper at 32. He won champions league at 34.

Buffon won the world cup at 28. He has been winning best goalkeeper in Europe till 39 years old.

Guy. Please, stop talking agbero crap

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nephilim: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hi guys.. I need a download link to this Nigeria movies:
1. Ratnik
2. Elevator baby
3. Living in a bondage
4. The ghost and the touts

grin grin grin

Oya help ur guy o. Lolz
Quote me if you have links. Thanks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Born2Freak:

What if a critique is objectively wrong?

Like someone complaining about the action scenes in an action movie. Can you imagine someone saying that a solidly edited CGI action scene in 2020 with well choreographed moves and explosions is like 1990's action movies?

I have been following this argument from the onset. I think they guys that criticised the movie didn't do so objectively and the floppiness of the movie was overestimated by calling it 90's like.
I think the movie isn't that good myself but, I'll try to criticize it with a much grand argument.

Take the first scene for example;
A guy is traveling in a bullet-train that going at the speed of at least 3km/s was shot dead by a sniper from outside the train with a rifle that has max speed of 1km/s?
That is not just impossible it's absurd and a childish idea for action.
And the same pattern continued to the Very end of the movie.
Though if one ignore the too much make-believe in the movie, on may just enjoy it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
blackjack21:

I have been following this argument from the onset. I think they guys that criticised the movie didn't do so objectively and the floppiness of the movie was overestimated by calling it 90's like.
I think the movie isn't that good myself but, I'll try to criticize it with a much grand argument.

Take the first scene for example;
A guy is traveling in a bullet-train that going at the speed of at least 3km/s was shot dead by a sniper from outside the train with a rifle that has max speed of 1km/s?
That is not just impossible it's absurd and a childish idea for action.
And the same pattern continued to the Very end of the movie.
Though if one ignore the too much make-believe in the movie, on may just enjoy it.
It’s a sci-fi movie, that can be forgiven but the story is the major issue I have with the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
IHate9jerianss:
For the average woman and an actress 29 is old
I don't see any substance in this argument about the age of actors. It's movie, you people should understand that there's cosmetics to make actors look older or younger. If they fail to look the part it's simply the fault of the directors and maybe the people in charge of cosmetic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Apologies in advance, but it takes a special kind of fool to not know that best goal-keepers peak in their 30s.

Never thought I'd live to see the day a self-important nobody will call Buffon that consistently outperformed younger goalies in his early to late 30s, a shitty goalie.

I can give you a long list of mediocre to decent ish goalies that went on to beat the world in their 30s, but my effort will be lost on a degenerate like you.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Bro people are not the same anatomically. Some women have genetically narrow uterus that makes child bearing a pain. Age doesn't factor in here because a 20 year old with a narrow uterus will experience child bearing difficulties same as a 40 year old with similar medical condition
My good man, the narrow of uterus/Cervical Stenosis, doesn't cause painful child birth, rather it causes infertility in women as the sperm wouldn't be allowed to pass through the cervix to fertilize the egg.
What causes pain during child birth is the contractions of the muscles of the uterus by pressure on the cervix. A 20year old would basically bear the pain more than a 40year old. For a woman in her 40s' it's not even advisable medically speaking to go through to go normal child birthing, that's why CS is always adviced.

In Europe, the average child bearing age ranges from 31-35 depending on the country
I'd say 31-34 is quite ok. At 35 & above, pregnancy becomes a risk. The probability of complications such as premature birth, birth defects like Down syndrome is very high, irrespective of how advanced the health care system is.

For me, i consider 29 to be old, forget the outward appearance, it may have been modified, what matters is the anatomy within. Tell me something, as an Igbo man that you are & eliminating pregnancy out of wedlock from the equation, would you be comfortabe age-wise( irrespective of your own age)walking a 29 year old lady down the aisle?

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
It’s a sci-fi movie, that can be forgiven but the story is the major issue I have with the movie
Yes that too. It is too predictable.
But wait, are you even hearing yourself clearly about the science fiction part?
What would make any Sci-Fi movie a nonsensical movie is to forget the very law of science

It like cooking jollof rice: if you forget to put salt, it would still be a jollof rice, but if you forget to put rice, well, sorry what you have is just fiction. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
mekaprime:
My good man, the narrow of uterus/Cervical Stenosis, doesn't cause painful child birth, rather it causes infertility in women as the sperm wouldn't be allowed to pass through the cervix to fertilize the egg.
What causes pain during child birth is the contractions of the muscles of the uterus by pressure on the cervix. A 20year old would basically bear the pain more than a 40year old. For a woman in her 40s' it's not even advisable medically speaking to go through to go normal child birthing, that's why CS is always adviced.

Repeating what you read online doesn't make you smart, oga.

mekaprime:
I'd say 31-34 is quite ok. At 35 & above, pregnancy becomes a risk. The probability of complications such as premature birth, birth defects like Down syndrome is very high, irrespective of how advanced the health care system is.

For me, i consider 29 to be old, forget the outward appearance, it may have been modified, what matters is the anatomy within. Tell me something, as an Igbo man that you are & eliminating pregnancy out of wedlock from the equation, would you be comfortabe age-wise( irrespective of your own age)walking a 29 year old lady down the aisle?

Your opinion is yours, but I know what I know.

End of.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.