Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3721870 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (3827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:

Have you watched The Odyssey 1997
All time best Greek films. If you never watch am go download asap.

It's actually a miniseries. Has 2 episodes.

Watched it recently. It's all manner of epic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

It's actually a miniseries. Has 2 episodes.

Watched it recently. It's all manner of epic.
Do you not like it, Of course you do.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Omo my GEE, my head just dey turn upside down. I almost came down with an headache until I stopped trying too hard to literally understand all the dialogue and lingua. grin

If to say I had read Macbeth before seeing the movie ehn, I for Jakpa I swear.
If I had watched it when I was around 12/13yrs old when I just read Julius Caesar, I would have fared better. cheesy I had enthusiasm for the literature then. grin

LMAO, thank God I wasn't an art student instead I for die reading Macbeth, Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. grin You go dey hear English like "Hath thou cometh to take thy Life" "who goes thee" "from whence thou cometh from" grin grin

I saw art students wielding the Hamlet book with pride then, but I dared not borrow it from them, instead na harlequin romance novels I dey collect, although I planned to read it someday. grin grin
Ye lazy mortals cheesy
I fell in love with Shakespeare the first time I read it.

Download that Shakespear app it has all his plays and poems.
Just look at that dialogue, it's like wiping ones ass with silk

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:
Do you not like it?
I loved it. Like I said, it's really good.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

It depends on the encoding group. PSA group have some of the smallest hevc encodes on the planet.

I always go for their 720p because they never exceed 650mb.

Ok, gimme the PSA listings then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:24am On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:

Ye lazy mortals cheesy

LMAO.

But gee that dialogue you posted below is quite rich but man it can't touch Macbeth's lingua by a mile. That one na concentrated acid, this one is diluted and easy for me to understand. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO.

But gee that dialogue you posted below is quite rich but man it can't touch Macbeth's lingua by a mile. That one na concentrated acid, this one is diluted and easy for me to understand. grin

It's from Hamlet
Act 2, scene 1
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:

Have you watched The Odyssey 1997
All time best Greek films. If you never watch am go download asap.

Yep, I've watched it. grin

The one with Odysseus looking like Sean Bean? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:28am On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:

It's from Hamlet
Act 2, scene 1

I reckon. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Ok, gimme the PSA listings then.

https://psarips.one/movie/the-hunt-2020/
https://psarips.one/movie/the-way-back-2020/

They haven't uploaded 1080 versions yet, but here is a collage of a 1080 hevc movie.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:32am On Mar 27, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

It's Torrent right?
They have torrent link options, yes, but there are also direct links.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

They have torrent link options, yes, but there are also direct links.

Okay. Thanks.

Cos I saw Torrent links and kinda got confused.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

I could understand them even without subtitles.

I couldn't understand Brad Pitt, even with subtitles.
Of they were more understandable than Brad Pitt, but their lingo was nuts in a way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 12:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

They actually masturbated or it's just you?? grin
My brother, all over the film, it's seamen and sperm whales.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

A 1080p hevc encoded movie is typically 800mb

A 720p hevc encoded movie alternates between 500mb-650mb.

Always go for HEVC. it's data saving while giving you the same quality as the original x264 encode.
Any 1080p Hevc that is 800mb means it has been compressed to the barest minimum and the quality is watered down...the only 1080p hevc at 800mb will be cartoons or short length movies below 60mins..any full length film 1080p hevc x265 will be above 1.2gb max (mind you x265 Hevc is the best in terms of less data and retaining quality).

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

LMAO, see as you destroy people's career. grin

True about Amber.
Anne too versatile and talented. I love her, also got a pretty face and a nice bod. grin grin

That Kristen Stewart ehn, movie fit flop sef only cos of her name. I prefer plastic inanimate modelling dolls to her. angry

Don't know much of that Megan Fox, don't watch much of her movies except prolly Transformers?? undecided

With this kind of critique wetin you go call my beauty Gal Gadot?. I no say make yo abuse am for me oo. grin

Lol..Bar Fast and Furious and Wonder woman/Dc Universe her filmography is quite mediocre but her performance in the said wonder woman was pretty solid and she's has the beauty and physique to much..i would like to see her take up more roles.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Safety Last(1923)....9/10
Genre:Action, Comedy, Thriller

I haven't laughed this hard since Charlie Chaplin's city lights, my jaw is definitely hurting.
If you love silent movies/pantomime(play/movies involving use of body gestures alone), you'd definitely love this one.
A masterpiece of epic proportions.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 12:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
Modern Times(1936)..9/10
Genre:Comedy, Drama, Family

Charlie Chaplin is unarguably the most talented comedian of our time, quote me anywhere.
Chaplin as usual, uses his brand of comedy to paint the perfect picture of the tyranny of Machine over man.
The plot was very rich and the acts were outstanding so to speak. Lovers of pantomime would definitely fancy this.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

Yeah. The cast name is Armand Asante
He was also the guy that acted as John Gotti.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyaskii:
Any 1080p Hevc that is 800mb means it has been compressed to the barest minimum and the quality is watered down...the only 1080p hevc at 800mb will be cartoons or short length movies below 60mins..any full length film 1080p hevc x265 will be above 1.2gb max (mind you x265 Hevc is the best in terms of less data and retaining quality).
You're mostly right, but there are PSA encoded 900mb 1080p hevc films (not 10-bit mind you).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
losprince:

Of they were more understandable than Brad Pitt, but their lingo was nuts in a way.

Yeah they have funny accents, especially Willem Defoe.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
Bratking:

You're mostly right, but there are PSA encoded 900mb 1080p hevc films (not 10-bit mind you).
I have been using PSA since 2015, not 10 bit, i I have never seen any of their encode with a duration length above 1hr (extremely rare) that has a size below 1gb for 1080p hevc except it's a cartoon (exp those DC direct to Dvd releases.. So advicing one to download from there , one should always prepare for above 1gb for 1080p hevc.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2020
abduleez1:

That's the first film that made me go into visual effects, hahaha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
About Time 3/10

2 wasted hours
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:

Ye lazy mortals cheesy

jeez, 1st time seeing a Shakespeare fan like me in Nigeria raaa,
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
mekaprime:
Modern Times(1936)..9/10
Genre:Comedy, Drama, Family

Charlie Chaplin is unarguably the most talented comedian of a time, quote me anywhere.
Chaplin as usual, uses his brand of comedy to paint the perfect picture of the tyranny of Machine over man.
The plot was very rich and the acts were outstanding so to speak. Lovers of pantomime would definitely fancy this.
i wish i could hug u right now. I have watched every Charlie Chaplin movie out there... City Lights(1931) is my best. He is the best and there is no argument about that. His face just tells the story not words and its fast pace is in credible
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
blackjack21:
Ye lazy mortals cheesy I fell in love with Shakespeare the first time I read it.
Download that Shakespear app it has all his plays and poems. Just look at that dialogue, it's like wiping ones ass with silk
You'll certainly like The Witch (2015) then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2020
oyaskii:
I have been using PSA since 2015, not 10 bit, i I have never seen any of their encode with a duration length above 1hr (extremely rare) that has a size below 1gb for 1080p hevc except it's a cartoon (exp those DC direct to Dvd releases.. So advicing one to download from there , one should always prepare for above 1gb for 1080p hevc.

I always go for 720p hevc so I never really pay attention to 1080p hevc and 1080p 10bit hevc. You're probably right.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bratking(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2020
Call of The Wild 2020, Vivarium (2019), Downhill (2020), Underwater (2020)), Resistance (2020) & Bad Boys for Life(2020) Webrips are out.

Time for a movie marathon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2020
Illusioneffect:

jeez, 1st time seeing a Shakespeare fan like me in Nigeria raaa,
My honoured good friend, how dost thou?
You come most carefully upon the hour, bro.
I think t'will struck thee with astonishment t'find liegemen to the great bard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) ... (3827) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.